Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of Contract 11:09 - Feb 13 with 6982 viewsderbyhoop

1 of the clickbait sites listed 11 players OOC in Summer.
It included 3 keepers, Begovic, Archer & Walsh
2 RBs, Kakay & Drewe.
More worryingly Field, Dunne, Willock and Armstrong

It would be good to know that club are on the ball with those they'd like to renew. I wouldn't expect full details as commercially sensitive but move in right direction are well overdue.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Out of Contract on 11:23 - Feb 13 with 3670 viewsOldPedro

I think all of that is common knowledge. Willock will walk at the end of the season - I assume we have a 1 year option for Field, Dunne and Armstrong as Hoos seems to insert this clause in all of the contracts.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Out of Contract on 11:24 - Feb 13 with 3660 viewsTheChef

Out of Contract on 11:23 - Feb 13 by OldPedro

I think all of that is common knowledge. Willock will walk at the end of the season - I assume we have a 1 year option for Field, Dunne and Armstrong as Hoos seems to insert this clause in all of the contracts.

Thought it was 13 players?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Out of Contract on 11:33 - Feb 13 with 3601 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Is EDB on that list?
Out of Contract on 11:41 - Feb 13 with 3539 viewsNorthernr

I'm really not bothered about any of them to be honest, the team's been rubbish for two years. Bar Armstrong, who I think is an exciting project, and unfortunately his agent has always been a bit over active.

Thing is - are they actually going to tell us? Under this new 'let them eat cake' approach to keeping the fans informed, will they tell us when contracts are extended if they're not going to tell us by how long?

While in the US I had lunch with a sports journo out there who'd been talking to an agent who told him Sam Field had been close to moving to the MLS - liked his numbers, impeccable character references, thought he'd be a good fit - only it fell through because they'd been told he'd signed a new four year contract at QPR. 'Bolox' I thought at the time, but now the new CEO says we're not allowed to know... who knows?
Out of Contract on 11:51 - Feb 13 with 3475 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Out of Contract on 11:41 - Feb 13 by Northernr

I'm really not bothered about any of them to be honest, the team's been rubbish for two years. Bar Armstrong, who I think is an exciting project, and unfortunately his agent has always been a bit over active.

Thing is - are they actually going to tell us? Under this new 'let them eat cake' approach to keeping the fans informed, will they tell us when contracts are extended if they're not going to tell us by how long?

While in the US I had lunch with a sports journo out there who'd been talking to an agent who told him Sam Field had been close to moving to the MLS - liked his numbers, impeccable character references, thought he'd be a good fit - only it fell through because they'd been told he'd signed a new four year contract at QPR. 'Bolox' I thought at the time, but now the new CEO says we're not allowed to know... who knows?

...which is the problem we envisaged with this new approach.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Out of Contract on 11:51 - Feb 13 with 3468 viewsnick_hammersmith

The Club would be insane to sign up any new contracts while they don't know what league they will be in.
Unless, those players are willing to sign up to new terms if we got relegated.
Which is different to the standard contract structure, where the wages increase ea season...

I don't mind not knowing about contract lengths.
--None of my business is it really...

Just as long as those in charge are making sensible decisions I'm happy.
Although experience has shown that we are not great in this regard, are we? ;p
Out of Contract on 11:54 - Feb 13 with 3445 viewsNorthernr

Out of Contract on 11:51 - Feb 13 by nick_hammersmith

The Club would be insane to sign up any new contracts while they don't know what league they will be in.
Which is different to the standard contract structure, where the wages increase ea season...

Yeh that's gone really well over the last three years hasn't it? Any more Taylor Richards' lurking around in the box Pandora?
Out of Contract on 11:56 - Feb 13 with 3431 viewsSnipper

Out of Contract on 11:41 - Feb 13 by Northernr

Which will create numerous posts on this site with everybody guessing as to how long any certain player has left on their contract.

Maybe your mates at Art of Football can put a t-shirt up as a prize for the correct guesser :-)).
Login to get fewer ads

Out of Contract on 12:00 - Feb 13 with 3396 viewsdmm

FWIW, we have had plus 1 year on the contracts of Dunne, Field, Chair and Armstrong. I've always kept a note on these things but now of course I can no longer be sure I've got the correct info.

Perhaps there might be some who know how to hunt down the current length of player contracts and will let fans know.
Out of Contract on 12:11 - Feb 13 with 3307 viewsAntti_Heinola

Out of Contract on 12:00 - Feb 13 by dmm

FWIW, we have had plus 1 year on the contracts of Dunne, Field, Chair and Armstrong. I've always kept a note on these things but now of course I can no longer be sure I've got the correct info.

Perhaps there might be some who know how to hunt down the current length of player contracts and will let fans know.

Exactly - Field, trigger the extension and offer new deal, regardless of division.
Arsmtrong, they're trying.
Chair will be sold this summer.
The rest could and hopefully will be let go. Maybe Dunne stay if Marti thinks he can get him back up to speed. It's certainly not worrying - it's a relief.

Bare bones.

Out of Contract on 12:13 - Feb 13 with 3301 viewsnick_hammersmith

Out of Contract on 11:54 - Feb 13 by Northernr

Yeh that's gone really well over the last three years hasn't it? Any more Taylor Richards' lurking around in the box Pandora?

I think the Richards debacle is a great example.
As I understand we were one of several clubs in for him and he was being hyped up.

It's a massive gamble in the Champ. He might have been the next £20m Eze.

The trouble is, like with Mac Bonne, the way the contracts are structured if you can agree a pay off with the player, or find another club silly enough to inherit the contract, then you are stuck with it.

But, when you are constantly firefighting relegation (or having a pop at promotion) then there is no real strategy. I guess it gets exacerbated when an agent creates some "demand" for their player and clubs offer increasing silly contracts out to prospect players
Out of Contract on 12:19 - Feb 13 with 3270 viewsnick_hammersmith

Out of Contract on 12:00 - Feb 13 by dmm

From listening to "Undr The Cosh" and other things with ex-players those extra years are usually with a payrise.

So, say Jimmy Dunne is on £12k p/w then the extra year might be £15k, which could make him a very highly paid L1 defender.

If the club thinks that the extra year means they can sell the player for more, does this actually work?
Once Jimmy Dunne is a L1 defender is he worth more than a Champ defender?
Especially if he's on that bigger wage!
You'll just end up with another Willock situation with a footballer seeing out the last year, playing at 75% commitment, so they don't et injured
Out of Contract on 12:39 - Feb 13 with 3161 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Walsh is out of contract - I thought they rated him. Has he even played for us?
Out of Contract on 13:04 - Feb 13 with 3056 viewsbenhurst

Out of Contract on 12:39 - Feb 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

Walsh is out of contract - I thought they rated him. Has he even played for us?

He played half of the Norwich game in the cup earlier this season, but he's since spent time playing in League Two which, for a Goalkeeper at 21, is a very promising sign (for context, Seny was yet to go on his first loan spell to the National League South at 21). Taking a look at the divisions they've been playing in, I'd expect him and Mahoney may be ready to challenge for a first team spot this time next year (next season if we go down), so I doubt we'll let him go on a free.
Out of Contract on 13:12 - Feb 13 with 2986 viewsTheChef

Out of Contract on 13:04 - Feb 13 by benhurst

He played half of the Norwich game in the cup earlier this season, but he's since spent time playing in League Two which, for a Goalkeeper at 21, is a very promising sign (for context, Seny was yet to go on his first loan spell to the National League South at 21). Taking a look at the divisions they've been playing in, I'd expect him and Mahoney may be ready to challenge for a first team spot this time next year (next season if we go down), so I doubt we'll let him go on a free.

Hopefully time soon for one of them to step up.

I think (hope) even if we stay up we won't renew Begovic.

Out of Contract on 13:13 - Feb 13 with 2983 viewsQPRConor2000

I think both Mahoney and Walsh will stay, both will not want much in terms of wages so it makes sense, but then again Marti may want a keeper who is more suited to his style of playing out from the back.
Out of Contract on 13:39 - Feb 13 with 2856 viewsMedwayR

I kept an eye on Walsh's loan spell with Accrington and he seemed popular with their fans which is a good sign. I believe Mahoney was also well thought of at Swindon too. So that leaves us with 2 young GK's who have impressed at L2 level.

I quite like the idea of being able to let them fight it out for the No.1 spot next season with a capable and experienced GK in reserve ready to step in if necessary and to help them and Salamon/Cant develop. Maybe get Salamon out on loan if possible. But in reality they probably both need a loan at L1 level for a season (unless we go down ourselves!).

Poll: Who’s better?

Out of Contract on 13:49 - Feb 13 with 2805 viewsdmm

Walsh and Mahoney are certainly worth keeping on. However, I'd favour bringing in a new no 1., keeping either Walsh or Mahoney as the no 2. and sending the other out on loan for half a season. Walsh and Mahoney could then swap for the second half of the season.

Just to add, young Matteo Salamon is also a fine keeper and is well thought of at the club.
Out of Contract on 13:52 - Feb 13 with 2784 viewsEsox_Lucius

Out of Contract on 13:12 - Feb 13 by TheChef

Hopefully time soon for one of them to step up.

I think (hope) even if we stay up we won't renew Begovic.

I have a sense that Matty Salomon might be our best prospect for a GK suited to MC's coaching style. Time will tell.

The grass is always greener.

Out of Contract on 13:57 - Feb 13 with 2758 viewswombat

Out of Contract on 13:52 - Feb 13 by Esox_Lucius

I have a sense that Matty Salomon might be our best prospect for a GK suited to MC's coaching style. Time will tell.

gut feeling says lumley will be back next season, rumour has it he was close to coming this season ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Out of Contract on 14:23 - Feb 13 with 2658 viewsTheChef

Out of Contract on 13:57 - Feb 13 by wombat

gut feeling says lumley will be back next season, rumour has it he was close to coming this season ,

No thanks.

Out of Contract on 14:27 - Feb 13 with 2644 viewsAntti_Heinola

Out of Contract on 13:57 - Feb 13 by wombat

no chance.

Bare bones.

Out of Contract on 14:43 - Feb 13 with 2572 viewsderbyhoop

I wouldn't lose sleep over Begovic nor Archer but I'd be disappointed to lose Walsh after a decent loan in L1.
Neither Kakay nor Drewe are Champ standard, but we surely cant let both go. I dont think there's anything better in Dev Squad.
Willock, or his dad, seems to be playing silly bugg4rs
That leaves Field, Dunne, Armstrong all of which we ought to keep

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Out of Contract on 14:45 - Feb 13 with 2543 viewsstainrods_elbow

Out of Contract on 11:51 - Feb 13 by nick_hammersmith

As we're paying for, or at least contributing to, said salaries/contracts, I'd say it's very much/quite literally my (our) business. For me, this is just part of the slippery slope down which pro football is sliding now in terms of creating a climate of more and more absurd confidentiality/secrecy/commercial sensitivity etc. etc. to avoid including/involving fans in the machinations and often embarrassing idiocies of/at their clubs. It's ludicrous to think our knowing whether Field, for example, has one year left on his deal, or there's an option for a year, of whatever else will somehow hole the good ship QPR below the waterline, so there must be another agenda. Hopefully, the new CEO (who, to be fair, does seem to be the new broom that has been desperately needed post-Lee' 'we're lucky to have him' Hoos) will be decent enough to shed a shaft of light at the next Fans' Forum - assuming his body double isn't attending in his stead!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Out of Contract on 14:49 - Feb 13 with 2550 viewsNorthernr

Out of Contract on 14:45 - Feb 13 by stainrods_elbow

As we're paying for, or at least contributing to, said salaries/contracts, I'd say it's very much/quite literally my (our) business. For me, this is just part of the slippery slope down which pro football is sliding now in terms of creating a climate of more and more absurd confidentiality/secrecy/commercial sensitivity etc. etc. to avoid including/involving fans in the machinations and often embarrassing idiocies of/at their clubs. It's ludicrous to think our knowing whether Field, for example, has one year left on his deal, or there's an option for a year, of whatever else will somehow hole the good ship QPR below the waterline, so there must be another agenda. Hopefully, the new CEO (who, to be fair, does seem to be the new broom that has been desperately needed post-Lee' 'we're lucky to have him' Hoos) will be decent enough to shed a shaft of light at the next Fans' Forum - assuming his body double isn't attending in his stead!

Agree.

What little chance we do have of keeping an eye and/or understanding of the direction of the club, what chance we may have season to season, financial health of the business, is severely damaged by not knowing what contracts they're handing out. You miiiiiiiiiight be able to get away with that if you'd been making such wonderful decisions that the club is on a massive upward curve because of your brilliance, but when you've consistently been making decisions which have driven the club into the ground to now come over all the more secretive still just makes it look like you're embarrassed by the deals you're doing and want to hide them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024