Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of Contract 11:09 - Feb 13 with 7334 viewsderbyhoop

1 of the clickbait sites listed 11 players OOC in Summer.
It included 3 keepers, Begovic, Archer & Walsh
2 RBs, Kakay & Drewe.
More worryingly Field, Dunne, Willock and Armstrong

It would be good to know that club are on the ball with those they'd like to renew. I wouldn't expect full details as commercially sensitive but move in right direction are well overdue.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Out of Contract on 15:07 - Feb 13 with 2081 viewsLblock

Out of Contract on 13:57 - Feb 13 by wombat

gut feeling says lumley will be back next season, rumour has it he was close to coming this season ,

Six year deal I heard.......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Out of Contract on 15:14 - Feb 13 with 2069 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Agree with some of the comments above; Walsh, Mahoney and Salamon(i like) seem to be destined for a decent future as long as their development is well structured - something we have struggled on in the past.

The key will be to find a decent experienced pro who can come in and keep the seat warm and play to Marti's style. Hoping that the new CEO and the data team can pick out a gem without going down the busted flush route of someone everyone has heard of.
Out of Contract on 15:17 - Feb 13 with 2052 viewsAntti_Heinola

Out of Contract on 14:43 - Feb 13 by derbyhoop

I wouldn't lose sleep over Begovic nor Archer but I'd be disappointed to lose Walsh after a decent loan in L1.
Neither Kakay nor Drewe are Champ standard, but we surely cant let both go. I dont think there's anything better in Dev Squad.
Willock, or his dad, seems to be playing silly bugg4rs
That leaves Field, Dunne, Armstrong all of which we ought to keep

i'd be shocked if drewe and kakay didn't leave.
And worried.

Bare bones.

Out of Contract on 16:17 - Feb 13 with 1917 viewsdmm

Out of Contract on 14:43 - Feb 13 by derbyhoop

I wouldn't lose sleep over Begovic nor Archer but I'd be disappointed to lose Walsh after a decent loan in L1.
Neither Kakay nor Drewe are Champ standard, but we surely cant let both go. I dont think there's anything better in Dev Squad.
Willock, or his dad, seems to be playing silly bugg4rs
That leaves Field, Dunne, Armstrong all of which we ought to keep

There is Arkell Jude-Boyd in the Dev Squad. He can look quite good at times but I'm uncertain about him. He's been loaned out to National League South Torquay for a month which, at this stage of the season, doesn't bode too well as it can often mean the club intends to release the player in the summer and is trying to help him stake a claim elsewhere. He's 21 now so it may well be make or break for him at QPR.
Out of Contract on 16:56 - Feb 13 with 1856 viewsNorthernr

Out of Contract on 16:17 - Feb 13 by dmm

There is Arkell Jude-Boyd in the Dev Squad. He can look quite good at times but I'm uncertain about him. He's been loaned out to National League South Torquay for a month which, at this stage of the season, doesn't bode too well as it can often mean the club intends to release the player in the summer and is trying to help him stake a claim elsewhere. He's 21 now so it may well be make or break for him at QPR.

I'm old enough to remember the week and a half he was Honest Mick's big hope.
Out of Contract on 17:05 - Feb 13 with 1823 viewslassel

Out of Contract on 15:17 - Feb 13 by Antti_Heinola

i'd be shocked if drewe and kakay didn't leave.
And worried.

I imagine Cannon will be gone like the wind so I wouldn’t be too shocked if Drewe got a 1 year extension as a bargain basement insurance policy even if only for bodies pre-season before disappearing on loan once we get 2x new RB’s in.
Out of Contract on 17:34 - Feb 13 with 1764 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Out of Contract on 17:05 - Feb 13 by lassel

I imagine Cannon will be gone like the wind so I wouldn’t be too shocked if Drewe got a 1 year extension as a bargain basement insurance policy even if only for bodies pre-season before disappearing on loan once we get 2x new RB’s in.

Where's Reggie off?
Out of Contract on 18:12 - Feb 13 with 1699 viewslassel

Out of Contract on 17:34 - Feb 13 by Welsh_Ranger

Where's Reggie off?

He had PL clubs interested before coming here but they were scared off by the threat of legal action from Boavista.

Now that QPR have registered him, they can take him this summer risk free, albeit the club should get some money out of it for taking the risk.
Login to get fewer ads

Out of Contract on 18:27 - Feb 13 with 1662 viewsdmm

Out of Contract on 18:12 - Feb 13 by lassel

He had PL clubs interested before coming here but they were scared off by the threat of legal action from Boavista.

Now that QPR have registered him, they can take him this summer risk free, albeit the club should get some money out of it for taking the risk.

He's a good player but I've not seen anything so far to suggest Cannon would cut it the PL.
Out of Contract on 18:44 - Feb 13 with 1624 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Out of Contract on 18:12 - Feb 13 by lassel

Hopefully a couple of mill in this for us; if you are right and clubs are interested.
Out of Contract on 18:53 - Feb 13 with 1604 viewslassel

Out of Contract on 18:27 - Feb 13 by dmm

He's a good player but I've not seen anything so far to suggest Cannon would cut it the PL.

It’s hard to really pass comment on Cannon as he’s been injured basically since he joined. He’s basically being strapped up and numbed to get through it as they don’t trust anyone else to fill in.
Out of Contract on 19:11 - Feb 13 with 1557 viewsSuperhoops2808

Out of Contract on 13:52 - Feb 13 by Esox_Lucius

I have a sense that Matty Salomon might be our best prospect for a GK suited to MC's coaching style. Time will tell.

He was pretty dire against Dartford, so I am kind of hoping not our BEST prospect
Out of Contract on 22:22 - Feb 13 with 1420 viewsTonto

Need to take the options on players so we can sell them for a half decent fee.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Out of Contract on 22:22 - Feb 13 with 1416 viewsNorthernr

Out of Contract on 22:22 - Feb 13 by Tonto

Need to take the options on players so we can sell them for a half decent fee.

Fair degree of wishful thinking there.
Out of Contract on 22:25 - Feb 13 with 1411 viewsnumptydumpty

Out of Contract on 13:57 - Feb 13 by wombat

gut feeling says lumley will be back next season, rumour has it he was close to coming this season ,

Only as a number two keeper if so

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Out of Contract on 22:58 - Feb 13 with 1357 viewsflynnbo

I have been very impressed by Rotherham's Viktor Johansson.
Out of Contract on 07:58 - Feb 14 with 1233 viewsTonto

Out of Contract on 22:22 - Feb 13 by Northernr

Fair degree of wishful thinking there.

You don't think that Field, Armstrong and to a lesser extent Dunne would get interest from other clubs and fees if we se them? I never said millions bit I would expect a fee in 6 figures for all 3.

Fair amount of glass is more than half empty in your reply Clive!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Out of Contract on 08:04 - Feb 14 with 1228 viewsNorthernr

Out of Contract on 07:58 - Feb 14 by Tonto

You don't think that Field, Armstrong and to a lesser extent Dunne would get interest from other clubs and fees if we se them? I never said millions bit I would expect a fee in 6 figures for all 3.

Fair amount of glass is more than half empty in your reply Clive!

I'll give you Field, Armstrong perhaps further down the line. Nobody who's watched Jimmy Dunne play over the last 18 months should be paying you any money for him.
Out of Contract on 10:54 - Feb 14 with 1073 viewsstantheman10

Out of Contract on 08:04 - Feb 14 by Northernr

I'll give you Field, Armstrong perhaps further down the line. Nobody who's watched Jimmy Dunne play over the last 18 months should be paying you any money for him.

Bristol City bought Dickie so there may be someone out there who'd pay for Dunne!
Out of Contract on 11:17 - Feb 14 with 1027 viewsNorthernr

Out of Contract on 10:54 - Feb 14 by stantheman10

Bristol City bought Dickie so there may be someone out there who'd pay for Dunne!

True. But let's say he's on £10k a week, which given where he came from and what we were doing at the time seems like a reasonable estimate. To extend his contract by one year would cost us £520k in wages, more than £1m for two years. Is somebody paying that for Jimmy Dunne? Because if not you're renewing his contract to try and make some supposed transfer fee which may or may not exist and almost certainly won't even cover the cost of his deal if it does.
Out of Contract on 12:31 - Feb 14 with 943 viewsRBlock

Out of Contract on 16:17 - Feb 13 by dmm

Jude-Boyd isn't going to make it. Barely improved since he was 18 and last time he went on loan he got 0 minutes and only made the bench once. Definitely time to cut ties
Out of Contract on 13:06 - Feb 14 with 884 viewsderbyhoop

Out of Contract on 12:31 - Feb 14 by RBlock

Jude-Boyd isn't going to make it. Barely improved since he was 18 and last time he went on loan he got 0 minutes and only made the bench once. Definitely time to cut ties

I'd say the same about most of the Dev Squad. 2 keepers, Henry Hawkins, Woodman (?) currently on.loan at Wealdstone, Talla and Aoraha ( currently injured. Don't think many of the others come close

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Out of Contract on 13:27 - Feb 14 with 832 viewsCamberleyR

Out of Contract on 12:31 - Feb 14 by RBlock

Agree. If you're not at least knocking on the first team door by the age of 21, you never will. Another one that will probably end up National League or below.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Out of Contract on 13:48 - Feb 14 with 790 viewsAntti_Heinola

Out of Contract on 18:27 - Feb 13 by dmm

is the correct answer.

Bare bones.

Out of Contract on 13:58 - Feb 14 with 753 viewsNorthernr

Out of Contract on 13:27 - Feb 14 by CamberleyR

Agree. If you're not at least knocking on the first team door by the age of 21, you never will. Another one that will probably end up National League or below.

One thing we have been very guilty of (Nico, Shodipo, Owens) is keeping people here deep into their 20s on interminable loan deals on the off chance they suddenly come good at 24 despite all evidence to the contrary. Like you say, v unlikely to happen, and wasting money we don't have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024