Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning 21:45 - Apr 15 with 1480 viewsSaintNick

I find nothing but sorrow to see a great club ravaged by owners who promised the world and have now hocked the club up in dept, but they could be in administration this week

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-takeover-777-administration

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 22:35 - Apr 15 with 1348 viewsdirk_doone

Interesting quote from Sean Dyche at the end:

"Front foot feel is old an adage but a fair one. Last time we had a knock everyone pulled together. The badge is more important than anything. The restart is Chelsea, a positive reaction to the news is important. "

This 'front footedness' never seems to go well, does it?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 22:59 - Apr 15 with 1304 viewssaintmark1976

Come on Nick, Everton have been living on past glories for as long as I can remember, having not won, or even been close to winning anything for years.

Sympathy for their fans yes, but do you honestly think they would have given us a second thought when we had financial troubles?
Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 00:27 - Apr 16 with 1252 viewsChesham_Saint

First off I’d say I do like Solent Toffs on here and he is a good advocate for that club, but…

Everton have spawned it for way too long. They should have gone down a few years back when Wimbledon conveniently rolled over on the last day (take a bow Hans Segers). And now they’re squinnying about being deducted points for breaking the rules - self pity city writ large?

Add to that the propensity of their fans to like a Stanley knife and well, fvck ‘em.

Oh, and did I mention Adrian Heath?

That said, I’m sure Toffs can present a reasoned response to my diatribe, or maybe ‘Liddypool Nick’ can?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 09:11 - Apr 16 with 1049 viewsSaintNick

Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 00:27 - Apr 16 by Chesham_Saint

First off I’d say I do like Solent Toffs on here and he is a good advocate for that club, but…

Everton have spawned it for way too long. They should have gone down a few years back when Wimbledon conveniently rolled over on the last day (take a bow Hans Segers). And now they’re squinnying about being deducted points for breaking the rules - self pity city writ large?

Add to that the propensity of their fans to like a Stanley knife and well, fvck ‘em.

Oh, and did I mention Adrian Heath?

That said, I’m sure Toffs can present a reasoned response to my diatribe, or maybe ‘Liddypool Nick’ can?

I did not defend Everton as a football club, or for that matter Liverpool or any other team, what i do defend is the genuine fans of any club who find that through no fault of their own find their club in turmol.

When Saints went into administration 15 years ago, it wasn't Saints fans fault and it isn't Everton's supporters fault now.

I can't argue with you that Everton as a club have spawned it for too long, ever since Moshiri rode into town and told them what they wanted to hear rather than what he could actually deliver

Yes in the past a minority of their fans have committed acts of violence, but then again so have Saints supporters from time to time including the infamous 1984 semi final riot which was started by our fans rather than Everton's although they were very willing participants.

I stick up for the genuine fans who will now pay the price and possibly see their club go out of business, I and so should most on here know the feeling from 2009.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 09:12 - Apr 16 with 1044 viewsPatfromPoole

First Prem club to go into admin since the Skates???

Quite the comedown.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 11:26 - Apr 16 with 948 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 09:11 - Apr 16 by SaintNick

I did not defend Everton as a football club, or for that matter Liverpool or any other team, what i do defend is the genuine fans of any club who find that through no fault of their own find their club in turmol.

When Saints went into administration 15 years ago, it wasn't Saints fans fault and it isn't Everton's supporters fault now.

I can't argue with you that Everton as a club have spawned it for too long, ever since Moshiri rode into town and told them what they wanted to hear rather than what he could actually deliver

Yes in the past a minority of their fans have committed acts of violence, but then again so have Saints supporters from time to time including the infamous 1984 semi final riot which was started by our fans rather than Everton's although they were very willing participants.

I stick up for the genuine fans who will now pay the price and possibly see their club go out of business, I and so should most on here know the feeling from 2009.

I keep seeing in the media various pundits and fans of other clubs saying that Everton would be better off going into administration. That turns my stomach more than anything that goes on on the pitch. Administration would mean loads of people losing their jobs at the club and within the community which would be unthinkable, as both Saints and Pompey know only too well.

These 777 chancers fill me with dread and I am hoping that they are unsuccessful. The best case scenario would be that MSP come back into the frame, as has been suggested. They are a consortium lead by two loaded blues including AJ Bell.

Either way, it’s a complete mess and the joy that I have from going the game is almost gone.

Watching the Chelsea game last night knowing that they are completely untouchable from PSR is sickening as was the lack of mention from Sky. I
Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 17:15 - Apr 16 with 734 viewskingslandstand1

Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 09:11 - Apr 16 by SaintNick

The problem nowadays when a club goes to the extreme of administration, without stating the obvious it all depends who may be lying in wait as that knoight in shining armour

Let's be honest, we were extremely lucky that Marcus was that Knight, but he only had to find about £12m or so as well as no doubt taking the debts on (others will no doubt correct me re figures or what it ACTUALLY cost him), but he did it for the reason that suited us, love of the game and almost as a hobby I'd guess, but he could afford it. We were also back in the 3rd division and who cannot but see that photo of him with the scarf on at Wembley with the TinPotTrophy (but it was a trophy and we all enjoyed it)

I'm not so sure he wanted to make money out of the club, again I doubt it, but it's a different ball game surely with the money required now, as well as any incentive any purchaser may be looking for

Yes it hit us badly and we got out of it, it may not be that easy for Everton?
Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 18:17 - Apr 16 with 630 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Loan repayment Deadline 5am Tuesday Morning on 17:15 - Apr 16 by kingslandstand1

The problem nowadays when a club goes to the extreme of administration, without stating the obvious it all depends who may be lying in wait as that knoight in shining armour

Let's be honest, we were extremely lucky that Marcus was that Knight, but he only had to find about £12m or so as well as no doubt taking the debts on (others will no doubt correct me re figures or what it ACTUALLY cost him), but he did it for the reason that suited us, love of the game and almost as a hobby I'd guess, but he could afford it. We were also back in the 3rd division and who cannot but see that photo of him with the scarf on at Wembley with the TinPotTrophy (but it was a trophy and we all enjoyed it)

I'm not so sure he wanted to make money out of the club, again I doubt it, but it's a different ball game surely with the money required now, as well as any incentive any purchaser may be looking for

Yes it hit us badly and we got out of it, it may not be that easy for Everton?

If Everton were to go into administration someone will be able to buy a club with a brand new stadium and 50k clowns willing to part with their money every year on the cheap. The biggest losers will be the fans, the community with the loss of jobs and Moshiri (not at least arsed about him).

Someone will make a killing on it. I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that (obviously) and hope they MSP complete a deal as they were in line to take over before they fell out with Moshiri true to form went with the dodgiest of options which has been a reflection of his bat shit ways in the past few years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024