Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? 11:55 - Apr 23 with 3331 viewssaint901

The UK welcomed around 37.000 immigrants last year who did not have permission to be here.

Rishi and cronies want to send around 2,000 to Rwanda - a year - as a "deterrent".

In order to do so he and his whips bullied and arguably overrode the safeguards built into our democratic system. His Gov't ignored Parliament and bulldozed this through.

At the risk of triggering the latent racists among us and in the hope of sparking a genuine debate, is this the right answer? Were the means to achieve that answer justified by the ends? What will be the next Gov't (Tory Party) v Parliament issue be?
Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 17:03 - May 1 with 682 viewsfranniesTache

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 16:50 - May 1 by saint901

Genuine question.

If we get a boatload of immigrants with no permission arriving from France, why can we not take them back on the next ferry and drop them back in Calais?

Because of Brexit is the simple answer. Prior to leaving the EU we could under the agreements in place return migrants to the port of origin.

Since leaving we have to process asylum applications where they land under international law.

I think what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that in the eyes of the law there's no such thing as illegal immigration on landing. There are asylum seekers who's cases must be heard.

They only become legally deemed "illegal" if they remain in place once an application has been rejected.

I'm sure there was a stat not that long ago that the biggest single group of illegal immigration (as defined by law) in the UK was Australian citizen's who'd outstayed their visas.
Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 18:02 - May 1 with 642 viewscocklebreath

Brexit the gift that keeps giving 🫠

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 18:27 - May 1 with 626 viewssolent_toffee

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 17:03 - May 1 by franniesTache

Because of Brexit is the simple answer. Prior to leaving the EU we could under the agreements in place return migrants to the port of origin.

Since leaving we have to process asylum applications where they land under international law.

I think what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that in the eyes of the law there's no such thing as illegal immigration on landing. There are asylum seekers who's cases must be heard.

They only become legally deemed "illegal" if they remain in place once an application has been rejected.

I'm sure there was a stat not that long ago that the biggest single group of illegal immigration (as defined by law) in the UK was Australian citizen's who'd outstayed their visas.

Indeed, there is no such thing as an illegal asylum seeker. An asylum seeker is someone going through the legal asylum process as started in the 1952 Geneva Convention. The process for dealing with ‘failed’ asylum seekers has never been sorted since we started to have a large increase in them in the early nineties following the war in Yugoslavia. There was no process for dealing with them and at one point there was a backlog of around 100k and to save money and be ‘efficient’, the then Home Secretary Michael Howard had an amnesty and gave vast amounts leave to remain, hence we had a mass load of Albanians given status.

It staggers me that the government, the Tories and Labour, when they were in power, have been so inept when it comes to immigration policy.
Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 19:16 - May 1 with 596 viewssaintmark1976

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 17:03 - May 1 by franniesTache

Thanks for the explanation franniesTache, yet another benefit of Brexit caused by David Cameron giving in to the swivel eyed loons in the Tory Party.

The same David Cameron who promised to stay as Prime Minister and negotiate for us whatever the result of the referendum only to resign the morning after the vote. A man with no honour or principles whom Rishi Sunak recently saw fit to make Foreign Secretary.
Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 20:03 - May 1 with 567 viewssaintmark1976

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 18:27 - May 1 by solent_toffee

Indeed, there is no such thing as an illegal asylum seeker. An asylum seeker is someone going through the legal asylum process as started in the 1952 Geneva Convention. The process for dealing with ‘failed’ asylum seekers has never been sorted since we started to have a large increase in them in the early nineties following the war in Yugoslavia. There was no process for dealing with them and at one point there was a backlog of around 100k and to save money and be ‘efficient’, the then Home Secretary Michael Howard had an amnesty and gave vast amounts leave to remain, hence we had a mass load of Albanians given status.

It staggers me that the government, the Tories and Labour, when they were in power, have been so inept when it comes to immigration policy.

Neither the Tories or the Labour Party are inept Solent toffee.

They both know full well that for our economy to function properly given our long term declining birth rate, immigration is an absolute must. In particular to successfully staff the N H S and the Care Industry.

The smoke and mirrors currently being used by the Tory Party to divert attention away from the 672000 legal immigrants who they have allowed to enter the country in the year to June 2023 is to blame the “ boat people” who’s numbers are minuscule in comparison.

Blaming one group of people ( In this case boat people) for all the countries problems is a classic divide and rule tactic. Particularly appealing in my opinion in this instance, to the hard of thinking and or racist older voter.

Sadly we never learn from history. Indeed today our media is awash with headlines of human beings “ rounded up “ for deportation. Language pretty much identical to that used by the Gestapo in Germany prior to and during the period 1932 to 1945.
Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 07:28 - May 8 with 363 viewskentsouthampton

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 21:07 - May 8 with 291 viewskentsouthampton

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 01:02 - May 15 with 118 viewssaint22

for anyone (can there be?)who is still unsure of how to vote this year, read this

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2024/04/01/what-have-fourteen-years-of-conser
Login to get fewer ads

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 07:30 - May 15 with 84 viewscocklebreath

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 01:02 - May 15 by saint22

for anyone (can there be?)who is still unsure of how to vote this year, read this

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2024/04/01/what-have-fourteen-years-of-conser

You’d be amazed how many people will blindly vote Tory, it’s in there blood which I can never understand, I vote for who I think is less c&nt ish.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 22:07 - May 15 with 33 viewssaint22

Desperate Tories - or tactical masterstroke? on 07:30 - May 15 by cocklebreath

You’d be amazed how many people will blindly vote Tory, it’s in there blood which I can never understand, I vote for who I think is less c&nt ish.

i agree its flabbergasting
I know of people, they consider themselves my friends but they aren't, some of whom voted for Brexit & are tory fools and now bitch about how bad everything is
Some people just do not get it
Ignorance is bliss i guess, just the rest of us have to suffer it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024