Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leedz pre match chat. 08:09 - May 20 with 1113 viewsdarthvader

Some things to think about .

If they set up 433 i think they will rely on the counter attack expecting our full backs to both push up so Flynn or Aribo needs to cover these positions automatically like big vic/spider used to do . They have pace and power in the front 3 so having those bombing against our CBs is a problem.

However if they do counter attack in numbers and we snuff it out, the space behind will be enough to exploit, their midfield can be out passed and or draw a few early fouls to get them on yellows .

I suspect bamford will be fit enough to feature so im not opposed to starting with 3 center backs even if in game formation changes to suit .
I dont think the game up there recently will have too much bearing on anything as their manager changed things from the previous matches .

Both sides have pretty much the same form but i think we will edge it.
I dont want extr time or the dreaded penalties. My heart wont take it
[Post edited 20 May 8:11]

keep the faith coyr

Leedz pre match chat. on 08:23 - May 20 with 1060 viewsPatfromPoole

Leeds will go fast from the start.

They are at their best when they do that.

They have a lot of pace on the wings, particularly if Dan James plays.

We have to ride that out and be smart when our chances come.

If it’s 0-0 after half an hour and we still have our strongest side on the pitch (particularly Downes), I would be quite confident of winning.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Leedz pre match chat. on 22:13 - May 21 with 748 viewsdarthvader

Bloody nervously excited ...now im over the anger of the pitch invasion and yesterdays farce of trying to secure tickets , though ill be a lot happier when they are in my hands .

Im hoping that che will be fit enough to start

keep the faith coyr

Leedz pre match chat. on 10:01 - May 22 with 578 viewssaint901

Leeds are a very front foot team. Their strength is in their forward line and even though the manager changed things a little for the games v Norwich, he will still be looking to play on that strength.

They are also fast starters and many of their games see them scoring early. Games in which they don't don't early seem to go into long periods of stalemate with perhaps a few purple patches.

Their forwards are quite "traditional" in that Bamford/Piroe are not going to be making runs into wide places and will rely upon their quicker wingers to do that.

In my view we should take a positive approach here and apply a press to stop the "out" ball to the wingers. Believe in ourselves as being the better team and not worry too much about them. A press probably means outnumbering them in midfield which in turn sort of points to a back three and full backs helping out in midfield.

If that works and we get ahead, then reverting to back four is easy enough.

RM does need to avoid some of the mistakes he's made this season.

If we are a goal up with 20 minutes to go, don't put on a forward (esp, not Mara) but rather a midfielder or defender.

Don't start with Captain Jack in front of a back 3 or 4. He might be decent enough there against lesser quality teams but not Leeds. Bring him on in the last 20 by all means but as a CB.

Start AA in the middle., not on the wing.
Leedz pre match chat. on 20:31 - May 22 with 444 viewsdarthvader

Leedz pre match chat. on 10:01 - May 22 by saint901

Leeds are a very front foot team. Their strength is in their forward line and even though the manager changed things a little for the games v Norwich, he will still be looking to play on that strength.

They are also fast starters and many of their games see them scoring early. Games in which they don't don't early seem to go into long periods of stalemate with perhaps a few purple patches.

Their forwards are quite "traditional" in that Bamford/Piroe are not going to be making runs into wide places and will rely upon their quicker wingers to do that.

In my view we should take a positive approach here and apply a press to stop the "out" ball to the wingers. Believe in ourselves as being the better team and not worry too much about them. A press probably means outnumbering them in midfield which in turn sort of points to a back three and full backs helping out in midfield.

If we are a goal up with 20 minutes to go, don't put on a forward (esp, not Mara) but rather a midfielder or defender.

Don't start with Captain Jack in front of a back 3 or 4. He might be decent enough there against lesser quality teams but not Leeds. Bring him on in the last 20 by all means but as a CB.

For me , if Che is fit he has to start Then it has to be AA on the wing . Che will get kicked and will draw petty fouls .

I have a good feeling that Will Smallbone will be the star of the game , hes getting better , stronger, faster and his confidence will be on a high.

keep the faith coyr

Leedz pre match chat. on 21:10 - May 22 with 414 viewsSFC_Referee

Leedz pre match chat. on 10:01 - May 22 by saint901

Ok but if you’re not starting Stephens then who else is gonna make up your back 3? As Stephens has been decent recently, and I think a similar squad to what we started against West Brom will work well, but if Che’s fit maybe start him over Brooks

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Leedz pre match chat. on 10:01 - May 23 with 299 viewssaint901

Leedz pre match chat. on 21:10 - May 22 by SFC_Referee

Ok but if you’re not starting Stephens then who else is gonna make up your back 3? As Stephens has been decent recently, and I think a similar squad to what we started against West Brom will work well, but if Che’s fit maybe start him over Brooks

I think I'd go with Bednarek, THB and Manning.

I'd allow KWP to move forward and ask Downes to play in left midfield in front of Manning who has never impressed me going forward but is solid enough if limited to defensive roles.

I agree that I would not start Brooks. He has not really done enough for me after the first game or two.
Leedz pre match chat. on 10:19 - May 23 with 283 viewsBerber

Leedz pre match chat. on 08:23 - May 20 by PatfromPoole

Leeds will go fast from the start.

They are at their best when they do that.

They have a lot of pace on the wings, particularly if Dan James plays.

We have to ride that out and be smart when our chances come.

If it’s 0-0 after half an hour and we still have our strongest side on the pitch (particularly Downes), I would be quite confident of winning.

A good interpretation of what could happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024