Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big match in the Championship tonight 21:56 - Jan 29 with 720 viewsdirk_doone

Would we rather see Reading or Bournemouth in the Premier League next year, or neither? It looks like Norwich have already tied up one of the promotion spots.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 21:56]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Big match in the Championship tonight on 22:19 - Jan 29 with 685 viewskingslandstand1

Well B'mouth have done their best tonight at copying the Blue few with signs of early promise disappearing and going back to mediocrity
Big match in the Championship tonight on 22:50 - Jan 29 with 664 viewsBicester_North

Would rather Reading but they are a boring club

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Big match in the Championship tonight on 22:57 - Jan 29 with 655 viewsdirk_doone

Big match in the Championship tonight on 22:50 - Jan 29 by Bicester_North

Would rather Reading but they are a boring club

I agree. I can never get excited about the prospect of playing Reading but the Bournemouth games are something to look forward to. Deny it as we do, there is an element of a local derby to it. Beating Bournemouth means more than beating Reading, and losing to them hurts more. Most of regulars on here are old enough to remember when Bournemouth were our second team. The half-time announcement that they were winning usually raised a cheer at the Dell. In recent years though, the attitude of their fans calling us scummers etc has turned us against them. It's a bit like the relationship between Nottingham Forest and Notts County, with Derby being the equivalent of Little Pompey.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 22:59]

Big match in the Championship tonight on 23:30 - Jan 29 with 631 viewscocklebreath

Neither both noddy clubs

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Big match in the Championship tonight on 10:00 - Jan 30 with 522 viewsMytchettSaint

Big match in the Championship tonight on 22:57 - Jan 29 by dirk_doone

I agree. I can never get excited about the prospect of playing Reading but the Bournemouth games are something to look forward to. Deny it as we do, there is an element of a local derby to it. Beating Bournemouth means more than beating Reading, and losing to them hurts more. Most of regulars on here are old enough to remember when Bournemouth were our second team. The half-time announcement that they were winning usually raised a cheer at the Dell. In recent years though, the attitude of their fans calling us scummers etc has turned us against them. It's a bit like the relationship between Nottingham Forest and Notts County, with Derby being the equivalent of Little Pompey.

That was weird wasn’t it? Cheering Bournemouth’s result. One of the quirky memories of the Dell that.

I’d rather Reading came up than the Scrappy Doos, regardless of any manufactured rivalry by some. Bigger ground so more chance of a ticket.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Big match in the Championship tonight on 10:22 - Jan 30 with 502 viewsBridders2

A fair portion of Saints fans come from Bournemouth, including myself, so there will always be sympathy for them.
Big match in the Championship tonight on 10:38 - Jan 30 with 482 viewsMytchettSaint

Big match in the Championship tonight on 10:22 - Jan 30 by Bridders2

A fair portion of Saints fans come from Bournemouth, including myself, so there will always be sympathy for them.

Fair enough, I’m from West London so I sort of look out for qpr and Brentford results as friends and family support them. Would actually prefer Brentford to come up.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Big match in the Championship tonight on 10:51 - Jan 30 with 468 viewskingslandstand1

Big match in the Championship tonight on 22:57 - Jan 29 by dirk_doone

I can remember being sat in my car many years ago on a Friday evening waiting to pick my, at the time, young daughter up, and cheering as it was announced Bmouth had been saved and always wanting to see them do well.

Now I look at their result and cheer when I see that they have lost, and was glad they went down last season and primarily because of their fans and the attitude they have towards us
Login to get fewer ads

Big match in the Championship tonight on 13:29 - Jan 30 with 423 viewsTimSaint

As fans and when we are allowed to go to games again, we have more chance of getting tickets for away games at Reading.

It is pathetic that despite having spent 5 seasons in the Prem, Bournemouth failed to address their capacity issues. 11k is League 1 or 2 FFS.

It really annoys me that we get a thousand tickets at their place, yet give them more than 3k at ours. I'd happily give them just the 1000 tickets they give us and leave big segregation gaps of empty seats if we can't sell the extra tickets to Saints fans. Giving them such a large allocation really helps them and does its part to increase the rivalry between us.

TimSaint

Big match in the Championship tonight on 14:29 - Jan 30 with 411 viewsdirk_doone

Big match in the Championship tonight on 10:22 - Jan 30 by Bridders2

Pity we couldn't have got Calum Wilson from them, What a bargain he's been for Newcastle, at the same price as Carrillo.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024