Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 Years Ago Today 12:54 - May 5 with 765 viewsSaintNick

A desperate game against Everton at Goodison park where we gave away an equaliser in the 96th minute, it looked like we were going down and it was do or die at Swansea a few days later

Who was up at Goodison that day

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

3 Years Ago Today on 13:46 - May 5 with 722 viewsSalisburySaint

I was there and at Swansea

in a strange way the draw was better for us as we knew we had to beat Swansea as opposed to playing for a draw which could have been disastrous

Remember all the Everton fans in pubs that evening wishing us luck. and saying we were too good to go down
3 Years Ago Today on 14:02 - May 5 with 713 viewsSaintNick

3 Years Ago Today on 13:46 - May 5 by SalisburySaint

I was there and at Swansea

in a strange way the draw was better for us as we knew we had to beat Swansea as opposed to playing for a draw which could have been disastrous

Remember all the Everton fans in pubs that evening wishing us luck. and saying we were too good to go down

Pretty much my experience as well it was a tight week but we got through it and people moan now about going backwards

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

3 Years Ago Today on 15:12 - May 5 with 681 viewsRednWight

I was there. If I remember correctly they payed well over the allotted extra time
[Post edited 5 May 2021 15:12]

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

3 Years Ago Today on 16:43 - May 5 with 644 viewsNYC_Saint

I remember being in the car taking my kids to a farm in upstate ny. My wife was driving so I could refresh bbc website. I thought we were down.
3 Years Ago Today on 16:58 - May 5 with 628 viewsBicester_North

3 Years Ago Today on 14:02 - May 5 by SaintNick

Pretty much my experience as well it was a tight week but we got through it and people moan now about going backwards

Overall though we have gone backwards really, if you compare it to 2013-2016

If we hadn’t had those 3 seasons to raise expectations not many would be complaining now.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

3 Years Ago Today on 17:12 - May 5 with 620 viewssolent_toffee

I was there reluctantly, we were having a big family all dayer in town and dragging my arse out of the pub for the 5.30 kick off. Was a bit gutted that Davies equalised as it meant nothing to the few Everton fans who’d bothered to stay until the end.

By the time I got back to the family do in town everyone was half cut so I threw myself into it and a couple of TUI legacy fans came in and a few pints with us.
3 Years Ago Today on 17:24 - May 5 with 609 viewsdarthvader

3 Years Ago Today on 16:58 - May 5 by Bicester_North

Overall though we have gone backwards really, if you compare it to 2013-2016

If we hadn’t had those 3 seasons to raise expectations not many would be complaining now.

Always complaining but always supporting . Saints are in my blood
Love it when we win , moan and get miserable when we lose .

The first half of this season it felt like we were on to something special, almost expecting to win every game .

Then the reality of how its gone wipes away the hope . Part of me feels like saints would never be Allowed to be in the top four , let alone win the league .

keep the faith coyr

3 Years Ago Today on 18:38 - May 5 with 556 viewscocklebreath

Watched it in my local and when the equaliser went in I shouted you c@nt and gave the table a jolly good banging, to say I was furious was an understatement, the twit ref giving Everton an extra minute after injury time. Nothing changes but as said above it probably helped us for the Swansea game knowing we had to win

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

3 Years Ago Today on 13:07 - May 6 with 380 viewsDorsetIan

3 Years Ago Today on 14:02 - May 5 by SaintNick

1 Jan 2018 - 5 May 2018

games - 15
wins - 2
draws - 7
defeats - 6
points - 13

1 Jan 2021 - 5 May 2021

games - 17
wins - 3
draws - 2
defeats - 12
points - 11

More games, fewer points, twice as many defeats (including a second 9 nil and six on the bounce).

I am pleased that you can see progress since then!
[Post edited 6 May 2021 16:43]

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024