Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Gabriel RIP 09:16 - Jul 11 with 948 viewsSadoldgit

I am sure those of us at a certain age will remember Jimmy Gabriel fondly. He has passed away aged 80. I remember him hitting the bar from about 30 yards in a 1-0 defeat to Spurs at WHL. Always gave his all. RIP Jimmy.
Jimmy Gabriel RIP on 09:33 - Jul 11 with 930 viewsChesham_Saint

Slightly before my time, but certainly one of the pantheon of the past. RIP indeed.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Jimmy Gabriel RIP on 10:39 - Jul 11 with 875 viewsHeisenberg

Saw him play a few times. Liked a tackle.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Jimmy Gabriel RIP on 10:59 - Jul 11 with 861 viewsSaintNick

Jimmy Gabriel RIP on 10:39 - Jul 11 by Heisenberg

Saw him play a few times. Liked a tackle.

This clip s actually my first ever Saints game, FA Cup 3rd round January 5th 1972, 1-1 draw, I can still remember walking in to the ground and seeing the pith looking so green due to the floodlights.

I was under the West Stand and I sat on the white wall that seperated the West Stand from the cage under the scoreboard.

I went and sat on the same wall at the farewell dinner on the pitch in the summer of 2001.

The Dell had some lovely nooks and crannies that make it almost impossible to explain to those who werent around back then

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jimmy Gabriel RIP on 13:02 - Jul 11 with 807 viewsMonksway

Very much part of my childhood watching Saints. A back line of Kirkup, McGrath, Gabriel and Hollywood. Fearsome! Jimmy was the ball playing centre half!. RIP Jimmy
Jimmy internationalGabriel RIP on 17:20 - Jul 11 with 712 viewskernow

Remember when he was signed up by Ted Bates, typical signing, skilfull, hard as nails. A real coup for Saints I thought. Scottish international, Everton championship team member. Cost a fortune !, £45,000 ?

Great player for Saints, gone but not forgotten.
Jimmy Gabriel RIP on 17:58 - Jul 11 with 688 views1885_SFC

RIP Jimmy. Saw him play a handful of times when I first really got into football as a young lad going to The Dell with my father.

Old School is Cool

Jimmy Gabriel RIP on 21:39 - Jul 12 with 555 views1teeminants

Jimmy Gabriel RIP on 17:58 - Jul 11 by 1885_SFC

RIP Jimmy. Saw him play a handful of times when I first really got into football as a young lad going to The Dell with my father.

Yep same as me . First went with my father and brother and Gabriel was in the side . First started going in 1971.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024