Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World War 3 On The Cards 12:46 - Feb 22 with 2677 viewsSaintNick

The UK must brace itself for the next possible stages of Putin's plan, says Boris

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

World War 3 On The Cards on 12:59 - Feb 22 with 2171 viewsfranniesTache

Feels more "Cuban Missile Crisis" than world war three to me. Putin is exploiting the problems he's caused in Europe and America to do some posturing and make a grab for some more oil and gas.

The US won't put boots on the ground, and the EU and UK won't go into a war without the US.

So my guess is it's going to end in some kind of "proxy war" similar to Afghanistan and the Soviets
World War 3 On The Cards on 13:08 - Feb 22 with 2150 viewsSaintNick

World War 3 On The Cards on 12:59 - Feb 22 by franniesTache

Feels more "Cuban Missile Crisis" than world war three to me. Putin is exploiting the problems he's caused in Europe and America to do some posturing and make a grab for some more oil and gas.

The US won't put boots on the ground, and the EU and UK won't go into a war without the US.

So my guess is it's going to end in some kind of "proxy war" similar to Afghanistan and the Soviets

These phrases rang more true with me

The battle we now face is "the defence of democracy itself" (Theresa May)

Johnson agrees, saying "that is what is at stake".

He adds that echoes from Ukraine "will be heard in Taiwan and east Asia and throughout the world".

It is not just a stand off between the USSR & the USA, China is watching and if Putin gets away with it will invade Taiwan, North Korea will be looking at South Korea and perhaps make a move whilst the rest of the World is engaged elsewhere.

Lets pray you are right and although everyone at the moment is stopping short at deploying troops, they have stopped appeasing Putin and are using strong words and sanctions and making no doubt of what is happening

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

World War 3 On The Cards on 13:34 - Feb 22 with 2101 viewsNumber_58

Have the EPL drawn up contingency plans for what happens in the event of a thermo nuclear war? Will matches be postponed if clubs confirm that more than six squad members have been vapourised?
World War 3 On The Cards on 13:41 - Feb 22 with 2082 viewsSaintsforeverj

Just what we need isn't it. Another world crisis with fuel so expensive people can't get to work, gas prices going up when we already have a cost of living problem, cost of getting involved in a war and now a possible world war. How far will Putin go, that is the question. If Russia full on invades Ukraine, surely there will be outrage and many countries will come to their aid with troops on the ground. Are UK sanctions also putting the UK at risk? Another poisoning? This could unfortunately escalate.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

World War 3 On The Cards on 13:56 - Feb 22 with 2061 viewsIanSouthstander

The Champions League final is scheduled for may in St Petersburg. Putins home city.
I expect at least 1 English club to make the final
Surely we should be pushing for a change of venue.
World War 3 On The Cards on 14:09 - Feb 22 with 2041 viewsChesham_Saint

World War 3 On The Cards on 13:56 - Feb 22 by IanSouthstander

The Champions League final is scheduled for may in St Petersburg. Putins home city.
I expect at least 1 English club to make the final
Surely we should be pushing for a change of venue.

I believe Dynamo Kiev’s stadium might be available by then?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

World War 3 On The Cards on 14:23 - Feb 22 with 2023 viewsBerber

World War 3 On The Cards on 12:59 - Feb 22 by franniesTache

I reckon they will seize the two rebel states and if Ukraine fights back, they will then take everything. The west will offer support for Ukraine and condemnation for Russia, and not much more than that. Baltic states in a year or two.
World War 3 On The Cards on 14:29 - Feb 22 with 2011 viewsSadoldgit

World War 3 On The Cards on 13:41 - Feb 22 by Saintsforeverj

Just what we need isn't it. Another world crisis with fuel so expensive people can't get to work, gas prices going up when we already have a cost of living problem, cost of getting involved in a war and now a possible world war. How far will Putin go, that is the question. If Russia full on invades Ukraine, surely there will be outrage and many countries will come to their aid with troops on the ground. Are UK sanctions also putting the UK at risk? Another poisoning? This could unfortunately escalate.

They poisoned one of their own. Why would they bother poisoning someone in retaliation for sanctions. Gas prices have already gone through the roof. How much more so if we stop taking Russian gas?
Login to get fewer ads

World War 3 On The Cards on 15:12 - Feb 22 with 1969 viewssaint68

No world war 3..just European and western capitulation to a maniac.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

World War 3 On The Cards on 15:23 - Feb 22 with 1947 viewsfranniesTache

World War 3 On The Cards on 14:23 - Feb 22 by Berber

I reckon they will seize the two rebel states and if Ukraine fights back, they will then take everything. The west will offer support for Ukraine and condemnation for Russia, and not much more than that. Baltic states in a year or two.

Yeah wouldn't surprise me that, personally i can see it as Russia vs Ukraine with the Ukraine armed and trained by the UK/US/EU and a long and drawn out war that ends with the Ukraine absolutely destroyed as a country.
World War 3 On The Cards on 16:29 - Feb 22 with 1883 viewsBLEEDRED

Doubt Russia will go any further this time, they have gained the two states so will fully integrate them into Russia. Have shown anytime they want, the rest of Ukraine is there for the taking, just wait a few years. NATO, UN can't do anything to stop them.
World War 3 On The Cards on 16:34 - Feb 22 with 1863 viewsBicester_North

World War 3 On The Cards on 16:29 - Feb 22 by BLEEDRED

Doubt Russia will go any further this time, they have gained the two states so will fully integrate them into Russia. Have shown anytime they want, the rest of Ukraine is there for the taking, just wait a few years. NATO, UN can't do anything to stop them.

He looks like he won’t last much longer than a couple of years

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

World War 3 On The Cards on 11:26 - Feb 23 with 1633 viewsstmichael

And we’re relying on the 🤡 Biden to guide us🤣🤣
None of this would be happening under Trump and that’s a fact..
The world is a dangerous place under Biden.
He has already shown his utter incompetence and contempt for his own people in the Afghan debacle. No wonder Russia China and Iran are emboldened.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

World War 3 On The Cards on 11:38 - Feb 23 with 1620 viewsHeisenberg

World War 3 On The Cards on 11:26 - Feb 23 by stmichael

He has already shown his utter incompetence and contempt for his own people in the Afghan debacle. No wonder Russia China and Iran are emboldened.

You are joking I presume. Trump spent all his time cozying up to Putin. What do you think he would do if he was in power now ? Trump is a complete and utter lunatic. Anyone who thinks differently must have a screw loose.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

World War 3 On The Cards on 11:38 - Feb 23 with 1621 viewsBison

You are totally missing the issue of the day , we apparently need gender neutral toilets to satisfy the demands of 0.01% of the population. Putin will do his part by threatening to radiate the world so you dont need an operation to be both sexes at once.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

World War 3 On The Cards on 11:42 - Feb 23 with 1614 viewsSadoldgit

Seriously???
World War 3 On The Cards on 11:55 - Feb 23 with 1615 viewsNumber_58

Imagine the queue in Tescos if Trump was still in charge with everyone panic buying enough tins of soup and bog rolls to last a nuclear winter.
World War 3 On The Cards on 12:07 - Feb 23 with 1602 viewsBuggalugs

World War 3 On The Cards on 11:38 - Feb 23 by Heisenberg

You are joking I presume. Trump spent all his time cozying up to Putin. What do you think he would do if he was in power now ? Trump is a complete and utter lunatic. Anyone who thinks differently must have a screw loose.

Trump and Putin would've sorted it all out over a few Vodka's in a Moscow titty bar.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

World War 3 On The Cards on 13:49 - Feb 23 with 1515 viewsSaintsforeverj

It would have been interesting to see how Trump would have dealt with this. Trump certainly dealt with King John un of N Korea, threatening to blow them off the face of the earth. That was more powerful than sanctions. Biden, NATO, EU, UK have made no such threats, so Putin is doing what he likes. And I agree, the world is a more dangerous place with the Taliban in power, and Russia with free reign. Biden is doing very little, and needs to lead the way. Without the USA, the rest of the world can't do much.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 13:50]

World War 3 On The Cards on 14:54 - Feb 23 with 1460 viewsprofessor_peach

If we're not actively involved why are there two RC135 Rivet Joint aircraft, one RAF and one USAF flying in circles over Ukraine? Look on Flightradar. Presumably providing real time intelligence to Ukraine and Nato.
World War 3 On The Cards on 15:10 - Feb 23 with 1434 viewsSadoldgit

World War 3 On The Cards on 13:49 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

It would have been interesting to see how Trump would have dealt with this. Trump certainly dealt with King John un of N Korea, threatening to blow them off the face of the earth. That was more powerful than sanctions. Biden, NATO, EU, UK have made no such threats, so Putin is doing what he likes. And I agree, the world is a more dangerous place with the Taliban in power, and Russia with free reign. Biden is doing very little, and needs to lead the way. Without the USA, the rest of the world can't do much.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 13:50]

One was easily bullied, the other is a bigger bully than Trump.
World War 3 On The Cards on 15:39 - Feb 23 with 1409 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ukrainian Foreign Minister has just spoken asking for help, saying that Russia will not stop at Ukraine. If Putin has any hint that he can get away with invading various countries, he will do it. I don't hear anyone from the western world, speaking out really strongly against Putin, with any threats or proper consequences. We are allowing Putin to set the course. As the Ukraine foreign minister put it, "Every hour of inaction now is a threat to the lives of Ukraine, the world and democracy". Biden and the west needs to warn that further acts of aggression and Russia will be blown to smitherines. That force will be used from all western countries, not just sanctions. Pull back now or we will take aggressive action. That might make them think twice about doing it. Putin won't care about financial restrictions. He needs to be stopped.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 15:44]

World War 3 On The Cards on 15:49 - Feb 23 with 1383 viewsNewdawn2014

And the only thing we can do is sit back and watch .
World War 3 On The Cards on 17:06 - Feb 23 with 1315 viewsBicester_North

World War 3 On The Cards on 15:39 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

Ukrainian Foreign Minister has just spoken asking for help, saying that Russia will not stop at Ukraine. If Putin has any hint that he can get away with invading various countries, he will do it. I don't hear anyone from the western world, speaking out really strongly against Putin, with any threats or proper consequences. We are allowing Putin to set the course. As the Ukraine foreign minister put it, "Every hour of inaction now is a threat to the lives of Ukraine, the world and democracy". Biden and the west needs to warn that further acts of aggression and Russia will be blown to smitherines. That force will be used from all western countries, not just sanctions. Pull back now or we will take aggressive action. That might make them think twice about doing it. Putin won't care about financial restrictions. He needs to be stopped.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 15:44]

When you are dealing with a country that can destroy the whole world it would be better for Biden to leave the threat of annihilation til he really needs it I think.

If psycho Putin takes the threat seriously and thinks he can knock out the US missile defences first that’s probably it for the world

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

World War 3 On The Cards on 18:34 - Feb 23 with 1224 viewsSadoldgit

Putin makes the point that Russia’s security is “non- negotiable.” He knows full well that if he threatens nuclear war there won’t be a Russia so no need to worry about its security. There will be no nuclear missile launch but there will be some kind of land war in the Ukraine and another spell of Cold War no doubt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024