Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin Bazunu Player Rating 22:01 - Dec 30 with 1858 viewsSaintNick

5.1 on the player ratings, harsh I thought as other than the mistake had a good game the error didnt cost us so I thought a bit harsh

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 22:23 - Dec 30 with 1840 viewsNYC_Saint

Just a reminder that more than any other position, keeper is the one where experience is necessary. Hopefully another lesson in his development that didn't cost points and next time he takes a heavy touch he just launches it rather than tries to play his way out of trouble.

I remember Boruc tying to do a Croyft turn against Arsenal and conceding when if we'd won we'd have gone top of the league. It was a lesson for the keep in not getting ahead of himself and also a good metaphor for fans getting too carried away (well me at least) at the thought of going top too......!
Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 08:30 - Dec 31 with 1687 viewsmushinexile

He gets it right more often these days and he is constantly improving. He used to cost us games and now he saves them when we can't put a game to bed. He has gone from hopeless to decent in six months and by the end of the season will, I hope be very good.
Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 09:17 - Dec 31 with 1649 viewsSaintNick

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 08:30 - Dec 31 by mushinexile

He gets it right more often these days and he is constantly improving. He used to cost us games and now he saves them when we can't put a game to bed. He has gone from hopeless to decent in six months and by the end of the season will, I hope be very good.

I dont think he was ever hopeless, last season he had a trainwreck of a defence in front of him that changed everyweek, this season he has a stable back four and that he not only helped in that he isnt constantly exposed as he was last term, but also in his development.

Where the problem lay was proved when Bazunu was dropped and McCarthy came in and things got worse not better

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 09:32 - Dec 31 with 1623 viewscocklebreath

He had nothing to do and made a massive cock up, seems a generous rating to me. He’s been much better lately but that was so crap.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 09:36 - Dec 31 with 1621 viewsChesham_Saint

Having seen the likes of Tim Flowers and Peter Shilton having to pick the ball out of the net multiple times in one match and the utterly crass Grobbelaar “performing”, I rather like our current keeper. But the Plymouth error was a howler and that’s what people tend to focus on….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 10:14 - Dec 31 with 1585 viewsSaintNick

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 09:32 - Dec 31 by cocklebreath

He had nothing to do and made a massive cock up, seems a generous rating to me. He’s been much better lately but that was so crap.

No one is saying it was not a bad error, but you have to take it in context of the game, ultimately it didn't cost us.

It is the manner of football that a forward can be absolutely appalling but then score the only goal of a game and he will probably get man of the match, whereas a keeper can be solid for 89 minutes and then make one error and get caned for it.

I just find it a little sad, not just in the player rating on here, but across the internet that a sizable minority are still quick to jump on certain individuals backs at any opportunity.

At the end of the day the score was 2-1 and Bazunu played a part in that

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 10:58 - Dec 31 with 1549 viewskingslandstand1

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 09:36 - Dec 31 by Chesham_Saint

Having seen the likes of Tim Flowers and Peter Shilton having to pick the ball out of the net multiple times in one match and the utterly crass Grobbelaar “performing”, I rather like our current keeper. But the Plymouth error was a howler and that’s what people tend to focus on….

Much the same as the Forest keeper last night that could have cost them the game but luckily for them thay were playing Man Utd and got away with it.
Although he also after that incident made a couple of absolutely brilliant saves to make sure Utd didn't score again and saved the 3 points
Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 11:17 - Dec 31 with 1536 views1ASIN12

Unfortunately if you make a mistake that leads to a goal you are going to get marked down.

By the same token if you score a goal , especially a winning goal you get marked up.

A lot of fans just remember certain things.

As for Bazunu , despite improving, we have let in 3 goals in December and 2 have been his fault. Without question .
Login to get fewer ads

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 11:25 - Dec 31 with 1528 viewsSaintNick

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 11:17 - Dec 31 by 1ASIN12

Unfortunately if you make a mistake that leads to a goal you are going to get marked down.

By the same token if you score a goal , especially a winning goal you get marked up.

A lot of fans just remember certain things.

As for Bazunu , despite improving, we have let in 3 goals in December and 2 have been his fault. Without question .

If you mark a player down that much just because of one error then that is short sighted, the error at Watford was bad, but up to that point he was probably our man of the match with several crucial saves.

In the last 8 games we have conceded just 3 goals, that is good defending and I would rather we concede just 3 goals that are all errors than concede 8 that arent anybody's fault.

Russell martin has built a squad ethic at the club and in doing so a winning ethic, yet there are still player that the fans are quick to jump on at the slightest glitch, that needs to change

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 14:14 - Dec 31 with 1447 views1ASIN12

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 11:25 - Dec 31 by SaintNick

If you mark a player down that much just because of one error then that is short sighted, the error at Watford was bad, but up to that point he was probably our man of the match with several crucial saves.

In the last 8 games we have conceded just 3 goals, that is good defending and I would rather we concede just 3 goals that are all errors than concede 8 that arent anybody's fault.

Russell martin has built a squad ethic at the club and in doing so a winning ethic, yet there are still player that the fans are quick to jump on at the slightest glitch, that needs to change

As I said Nick , a lot of fans just remember certain things .

How often did Shane long play well but got slated because of his scoring record .

Our defence has improved, the CB pairing of Bednarek and Harwood Bellis has to be one of the best in the league and it’s no surprise that Bazunu has also benefited.
Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 10:53 - Jan 1 with 1308 viewsBerber

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 09:17 - Dec 31 by SaintNick

I dont think he was ever hopeless, last season he had a trainwreck of a defence in front of him that changed everyweek, this season he has a stable back four and that he not only helped in that he isnt constantly exposed as he was last term, but also in his development.

Where the problem lay was proved when Bazunu was dropped and McCarthy came in and things got worse not better

Wow, we are in agreement.
Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 12:13 - Jan 1 with 1266 viewsButty101

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 10:14 - Dec 31 by SaintNick

No one is saying it was not a bad error, but you have to take it in context of the game, ultimately it didn't cost us.

It is the manner of football that a forward can be absolutely appalling but then score the only goal of a game and he will probably get man of the match, whereas a keeper can be solid for 89 minutes and then make one error and get caned for it.

I just find it a little sad, not just in the player rating on here, but across the internet that a sizable minority are still quick to jump on certain individuals backs at any opportunity.

At the end of the day the score was 2-1 and Bazunu played a part in that

He’s just not good enough. He’s still making errors and that one did nearly cost us. Virtually straight from the kick off Plymouth were nearly in again. If we go up the likes of him and Adam Armstrong won’t cut it. This is their level.

I see no value in developing keepers. Like flowers we will have several seasons of error strewn performances and then once he’s developed he’s off at the first opportunity.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 12:59 - Jan 1 with 1234 viewsSaintNick

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 12:13 - Jan 1 by Butty101

He’s just not good enough. He’s still making errors and that one did nearly cost us. Virtually straight from the kick off Plymouth were nearly in again. If we go up the likes of him and Adam Armstrong won’t cut it. This is their level.

I see no value in developing keepers. Like flowers we will have several seasons of error strewn performances and then once he’s developed he’s off at the first opportunity.

In the last 17 games we have conceded just 11 goals, Leicester aside no other defence has done better, yet we have done all this with a goalkeeper who is not good enough and also for most of these games a left back who according to many is terrible.

Just how have we managed that ? we have to ask ourselves

Yes there is the odd error and I would say that the one against Plymouth was not entirely down to him, he was given a fast moving ball with a man closing him down and no real outlet.

Bazunu is given no leeway, in reality he has probably made two errors in the past 3 months, yet some jump on him at the first opportunity..

If you dont develop a keeper then how does he get experience or do the top clubs just start signing 26 year olds from League one, someone has to develop them.

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 13:48 - Jan 1 with 1217 viewsButty101

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 12:59 - Jan 1 by SaintNick

In the last 17 games we have conceded just 11 goals, Leicester aside no other defence has done better, yet we have done all this with a goalkeeper who is not good enough and also for most of these games a left back who according to many is terrible.

Just how have we managed that ? we have to ask ourselves

Yes there is the odd error and I would say that the one against Plymouth was not entirely down to him, he was given a fast moving ball with a man closing him down and no real outlet.

Bazunu is given no leeway, in reality he has probably made two errors in the past 3 months, yet some jump on him at the first opportunity..

If you dont develop a keeper then how does he get experience or do the top clubs just start signing 26 year olds from League one, someone has to develop them.

Why do saints have to be the club that develops keepers? It’s totally fool hardy and will constantly cost the team.

The championship is a poor league. Most games Baz dosent have anything to do as clubs sit deep against us. He has cost us more points this season than saved us. I would still say if we had kept Fraser forester and he had been number 1 last season we would have been a better team. Baz lost his leeway last season. He came in on a big fee

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 14:00 - Jan 1 with 1205 viewsSaintNick

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 13:48 - Jan 1 by Butty101

Why do saints have to be the club that develops keepers? It’s totally fool hardy and will constantly cost the team.

The championship is a poor league. Most games Baz dosent have anything to do as clubs sit deep against us. He has cost us more points this season than saved us. I would still say if we had kept Fraser forester and he had been number 1 last season we would have been a better team. Baz lost his leeway last season. He came in on a big fee

Last season is gone, he was thrown to the wolves by a poor defence and deserves some leeway this season.

It isn't always Saints that develops keepers, in fact we have very rarely developed a keeper who has played for a reasonable period in the first team.

I cant remember the last time a keeper made it coming from the youth ranks to the first team, possibly Steve Middleton back in 1975, but he only played 24 league games. Forbes Phillipson Masters played as a keeper in the reserves but his 9 first team appearances were as a centre half.

Other than that Bob Charles in the 1960's looked to be about to make it but his career only made 35 games

Tim Flowers wasn't a youth player he came from Wolves with 60 odd games behind him and he did two years in the reserves before making the first team on a regular basis.

Bazunu had a season at Pompey behind him, if he had come in at the beginning of this season then people would be very happy with his performances this season, but he is being judged on last season and that is wrong.

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 16:26 - Jan 1 with 1183 viewsButty101

Gavin Bazunu Player Rating on 14:00 - Jan 1 by SaintNick

Last season is gone, he was thrown to the wolves by a poor defence and deserves some leeway this season.

It isn't always Saints that develops keepers, in fact we have very rarely developed a keeper who has played for a reasonable period in the first team.

I cant remember the last time a keeper made it coming from the youth ranks to the first team, possibly Steve Middleton back in 1975, but he only played 24 league games. Forbes Phillipson Masters played as a keeper in the reserves but his 9 first team appearances were as a centre half.

Other than that Bob Charles in the 1960's looked to be about to make it but his career only made 35 games

Tim Flowers wasn't a youth player he came from Wolves with 60 odd games behind him and he did two years in the reserves before making the first team on a regular basis.

Bazunu had a season at Pompey behind him, if he had come in at the beginning of this season then people would be very happy with his performances this season, but he is being judged on last season and that is wrong.

Tim flowed was 19 when we signed him. He was bought as one for the future, then shilts decided he wonted to go to Derby. We have had a few of theses signing in the last decade. Think Gunn and Gazza. They just never work. We don’t sell for a big profit and their careers get ruined.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024