Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biden 07:08 - Jan 21 with 2165 viewssaint22

What a great speech, after all the divisive sh1te spouted but his pathetic reality tv predecessor it was so good to hear a clear decisive positive leader
Now for one in this country please
Biden on 07:34 - Jan 21 with 1467 viewsSaintNick

Part of Bidens speech spoke about those who didn't vote for him giving him a chance and the country all uniting and working together to defeat Covid 19.

This countries leaders should listen to that and start working together in these troubled times rather than trying to score political points on everything

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Biden on 08:29 - Jan 21 with 1427 viewsKennington

The amount of coverage this got anyone would think we live in America. Absolutely mind numbiny tedious.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Biden on 08:33 - Jan 21 with 1421 viewsSadoldgit

Biden on 07:34 - Jan 21 by SaintNick

Part of Bidens speech spoke about those who didn't vote for him giving him a chance and the country all uniting and working together to defeat Covid 19.

This countries leaders should listen to that and start working together in these troubled times rather than trying to score political points on everything

I take your point Nick, but as an opposition party, if you don’t “oppose” what is the point? Starmer has taken flak for siding with the government and not opposing them on various issues. So long as opposition is constructive I don’t see the harm. There are invariably better ways of doing things so let’s look at the alternatives.
The situation in America has been surreal. The Trump years have been truly weird. He has fostered hate and division. We may have a lot of division after Brexit, but we don’t have politicians actively seeking to set the country against itself (even if some individuals outside Parliament do).
There is no point in trying to make something work when it is clearly not in the best interest of the country. The problem will always be that different people will have different ideas of what is best for the country.
Biden on 09:44 - Jan 21 with 1386 viewsthissceptredsaint

I don't understand Nicks point. I agree an opposition is there to hold the government to account for their failings and to make them answerable to the public as to how decisions are made and for whom they benefit.

I am firmly in the camp that Starmer has done little to oppose or hold this government to account or stand up for ordinary people. We have the highest rate of Covid in the world, does Nick want Boris to have a round of applause for this 'world beating' feat?

Marcus Rashford has been far more articulate and 'forensic' in showing this government up for what it is:

A murderous gangster cartel that sees no wrong in making profits from the misery of the poor and sees us as expendable as long as the shareholders get their wack.
Biden on 10:43 - Jan 21 with 1348 viewsRon11

Biden on 09:44 - Jan 21 by thissceptredsaint

I don't understand Nicks point. I agree an opposition is there to hold the government to account for their failings and to make them answerable to the public as to how decisions are made and for whom they benefit.

I am firmly in the camp that Starmer has done little to oppose or hold this government to account or stand up for ordinary people. We have the highest rate of Covid in the world, does Nick want Boris to have a round of applause for this 'world beating' feat?

Marcus Rashford has been far more articulate and 'forensic' in showing this government up for what it is:

A murderous gangster cartel that sees no wrong in making profits from the misery of the poor and sees us as expendable as long as the shareholders get their wack.

Biden on 10:58 - Jan 21 with 1341 viewsA1079

It was the type of speech you could almost copy and paste just about any new leader be it a President or Prime minister of any country just sworn in:-

- how we need to be united as a country
- how we will represent all the peoples of the country
- how we need to work together
- how we will be stronger
- how the democracy has been strengthened

It is almost a tick box list of criteria for any new leader to cover. Even Trump did it when he was inaugurated.

I have never liked Trump as a person long before he decided to run for presidency or it was fashionable to be obsessed about him as they have been in our media. He is odious, egotistical etc etc, but I will say this. Like him or loathe him, he still received over 74 million votes - that is more than any winning president before Biden and it is more than our entire population of the UK. It would be a dangerous and foolhardy thing to ignore them or sweep them all aside, all 74 million of them, as extremist right wing gun totting fanatics (though no doubt they exist). Despite the last 4 years, despite all the issues around Trump 74 million people still believed he was worth risking for another 4 years. Why? Ignore numbers like that and that is when you risk extremism winning. Anyone who understand history knows that that is the sort of thing that leads to population feeling detached and abandoned by main stream politics who then turn to something truly extreme - Weimar Republic to Nazi dictatorship. Biden will get his honeymoon period but if unemployment goes up, if the economy falls off the cliff, if people feel he is too soft in the International stage then that 74 million will come back to haunt him.

I very much agree with Kennington. The obsession in our media yesterday with the inauguration and the ridiculous level of coverage was bewildering. A news item yes, headline on all sessions with 80-90% of each news session when we have our own issues and there is the rest of the world to think about borders on a personal media agenda particularly amongst the BBC. Add into it, the pointless effort to try and give a world perspective by having their man or woman in Beijing, Moscow, etc who just trotted out their own opinion (though they sometimes cloak it in the words "a source told me.......") In fact with Trump gone, who will the BBC obsess about now.

Having complained about the news coverage I have just written a long tome of my opinion - and it is just my opinion - not the only opinion and not necessarily the right one.
Biden on 11:19 - Jan 21 with 1324 viewsDorsetIan

Biden's victory is significant and very important for the UK and all Western democracies.

Trump wanted to be an autocrat and had no respect for the rule of law or any other democratic traditions. He got the US very very close to that goal and God only knows where he would have taken it, had he been given another 4 years.

The experience of seeing US democracy under such threat has made me realise how dependent we are upon the US. Imagine if there were autocrats in charge in the US, China and Russia, how exposed the democracies of Western Europe would feel.

Trump lost by 2.8m votes in 2016 and by 7m votes this time. He will always have a base, there will always be people who will vote Republican whoever is on the ballot, and there are many in the US who have been persuaded that Democrats are communists, but both times, the majority of Americans rejected him.

Biden will need to do what he says, improve the lives of all Americans and restore some form of civility, but Trump is done. He may be convicted in the senate, he may go to jail, or he may cut some deal to avoid these by retiring from public life, but he is done.

And good riddance to the ignorant orange f*ck.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Biden on 12:50 - Jan 21 with 1295 viewsgeezershoong1

Biden on 11:19 - Jan 21 by DorsetIan

Biden's victory is significant and very important for the UK and all Western democracies.

Trump wanted to be an autocrat and had no respect for the rule of law or any other democratic traditions. He got the US very very close to that goal and God only knows where he would have taken it, had he been given another 4 years.

The experience of seeing US democracy under such threat has made me realise how dependent we are upon the US. Imagine if there were autocrats in charge in the US, China and Russia, how exposed the democracies of Western Europe would feel.

Trump lost by 2.8m votes in 2016 and by 7m votes this time. He will always have a base, there will always be people who will vote Republican whoever is on the ballot, and there are many in the US who have been persuaded that Democrats are communists, but both times, the majority of Americans rejected him.

Biden will need to do what he says, improve the lives of all Americans and restore some form of civility, but Trump is done. He may be convicted in the senate, he may go to jail, or he may cut some deal to avoid these by retiring from public life, but he is done.

I love it when people accuse Trump of being the nastiest man who upsets them, then they come out with:-

'good riddance to the ignorant orange f*ck.'

#bekind

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

Biden on 12:59 - Jan 21 with 1282 viewsKennington

Although it’s important I think it’s importance is overstated. Yes they’re the largest economy by some margin, but I feel Brits have an unhealthy fascination with them. For example, can anyone here name more than one Chinese politician or more than one Japanese? Or for that matter any other G7 nation? I don’t remember ever having the Chinese congress being on live UK telly as the US often is. Even when a new Supreme Court judge is elected in the US it’s live on BBC news. I argue that it’s disproportionate.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Biden on 13:00 - Jan 21 with 1277 viewsdirk_doone

I've heard that anthem sung badly so many times that I was pleasantly surprised to hear Lady Gaga sing it so well. Forget poiltics: Surely, that has to be the highlight.

[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 13:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Biden on 13:01 - Jan 21 with 1276 viewsSadoldgit

I agree with you. It is hugely significant both for us and in the western world in general. Whether we like it or not, American are our big brother in the playground and it is vital that they have a strong and stable government. It’s good to see that the new administration are already at work overturning the numerous poor decisions taken by the previous incumbent of the WH.
Biden on 13:12 - Jan 21 with 1254 viewsDellHero_Would

Trump would most likely have won a second term had it not been for that low life having a knee pressed into his neck. The pandemic also played a massive part on the outcome. Biden wouldn’t have got anywhere near it without the impact they both had on events.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Biden on 13:14 - Jan 21 with 1245 viewsSaintNick

Biden on 09:44 - Jan 21 by thissceptredsaint

The opposition is there to hold the government to account and I am not saying that Boris has done everything right.

But I am sick to death of the continuous points scoring from all other parties, if the govt say that they will lock down on Thursday at 3pm, someone will say that it should be Wedesday at 1pm and Scotland will do it on Tuesday just to be different.

At the moment we have a very high death rate no one is denying that, but America is lower than many countries, does than mean Trump should get a round of applause.

Just for the record Belgium, Czech Republic and Italy have a higher death rate than us , rates are changing daily though.

My points were not to make political statements or quote multi millionaire footballers with consciences, but to agree with Biden, it is time to stop fighting each other for a while and start to fight Covid, the biggest killer that we as a world have faced

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Biden on 14:22 - Jan 21 with 1189 viewsgeezershoong1

Biden on 13:00 - Jan 21 by dirk_doone

I've heard that anthem sung badly so many times that I was pleasantly surprised to hear Lady Gaga sing it so well. Forget poiltics: Surely, that has to be the highlight.

Another celebrity narcist who had to settle for Biden instead of Bernie 'I'm not a Commie me honest' Sanders.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Biden on 15:06 - Jan 21 with 1166 viewsDorsetIan

Biden on 13:12 - Jan 21 by DellHero_Would

Trump would most likely have won a second term had it not been for that low life having a knee pressed into his neck. The pandemic also played a massive part on the outcome. Biden wouldn’t have got anywhere near it without the impact they both had on events.

Trump being shown to be a white supremacist sympathiser and having consistently lied about and downplayed Covid so that now there are 400,000+ dead, you mean?

What a bummer that trivial things like that should inspire 80+ million people to vote him out. Such a shame for Trump. So unfair.

Biden on 15:11 - Jan 21 with 1163 viewsDorsetIan

Biden on 12:59 - Jan 21 by Kennington

Although it’s important I think it’s importance is overstated. Yes they’re the largest economy by some margin, but I feel Brits have an unhealthy fascination with them. For example, can anyone here name more than one Chinese politician or more than one Japanese? Or for that matter any other G7 nation? I don’t remember ever having the Chinese congress being on live UK telly as the US often is. Even when a new Supreme Court judge is elected in the US it’s live on BBC news. I argue that it’s disproportionate.

There's been a real focus on US politics in recent years only because Trump was so unusual and extreme. The news is (hopefully) going to be a lot more boring without him.

In normal times, we pay a bit more attention to the US than China/Japan, but then we do share a language with them and culturally we are closer to them than to those in the East. History too - far more ties between the US and the UK.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 15:28]

Biden on 15:13 - Jan 21 with 1162 viewsDorsetIan

Biden on 12:50 - Jan 21 by geezershoong1

I love it when people accuse Trump of being the nastiest man who upsets them, then they come out with:-

#bekind

Glad we've still got some Trump supporters on here. Although it was only really Dune who was shameless enough to say that he loved him.

Biden on 16:01 - Jan 21 with 1141 viewsPoirot

Biden on 16:05 - Jan 21 with 1135 viewsRon11

Biden on 13:12 - Jan 21 by DellHero_Would

'Excuse me, Mr Biden, could we have a word? It's the BBC'...
'The BBC? Sorry no, I'm Irish"
Biden on 16:13 - Jan 21 with 1133 views1885_SFC

Biden on 13:00 - Jan 21 by dirk_doone

Yes. Nice to see Lady Gaga singing at the inauguration of her father, President Gaga.

Old School is Cool

Biden on 16:20 - Jan 21 with 1125 viewsDorsetIan

Biden on 16:05 - Jan 21 by Ron11

'Excuse me, Mr Biden, could we have a word? It's the BBC'...
'The BBC? Sorry no, I'm Irish"

Remind me how that 'first in the queue for a US trade deal' went with Trump!

Biden on 17:07 - Jan 21 with 1088 viewskernow

Biden on 12:50 - Jan 21 by geezershoong1

#bekind

# fukkim
Biden on 17:12 - Jan 21 with 1076 viewsRon11

Biden on 16:20 - Jan 21 by DorsetIan

Remind me how that 'first in the queue for a US trade deal' went with Trump!

He (Biden) hates us, yet Great Britain was the first to support the 2nd Iraq war implemented by his direct lies to the senate resulting in the deaths of several thousand US and UK military and up to a million Iraqis. From The Guardian (wow) 17/02/20 :
'Biden chose all 18 witnesses in the main Senate hearings on the Iraq war. He mainly chose people who supported a pro-war position, in favour of regime change as the stated US policy. He stated that Iraq permits Al Qaida to live and move freely about in Iraq.
These lies about Al Qaida were perhaps the most transparently obvious falsehoods created to justify the Iraq war. As anyone familiar with the subject matter will testify, Saddam Hussein had a particular hatred for religious extremists, particularly Al Qaida and would have kept them under strict control.
But Biden pointedly did not choose any of the many expert witnesses who would have explained that to the Senate or the media. Dick Durbin - 'The American People were deceived'.
To the faces of those many British service men and women who died in that war supporting his and Bush's lies whether they wanted to be there or not, he doesn't want to talk to us because he's 'Irish'.
A lying two faced cu nt is what he is.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 17:14]
Biden on 17:18 - Jan 21 with 1065 viewsRon11

Biden on 16:01 - Jan 21 by Poirot

Says it all, really.
His terrorist friends.
Biden on 17:43 - Jan 21 with 1035 viewssaint22

Biden on 17:12 - Jan 21 by Ron11

He (Biden) hates us, yet Great Britain was the first to support the 2nd Iraq war implemented by his direct lies to the senate resulting in the deaths of several thousand US and UK military and up to a million Iraqis. From The Guardian (wow) 17/02/20 :
'Biden chose all 18 witnesses in the main Senate hearings on the Iraq war. He mainly chose people who supported a pro-war position, in favour of regime change as the stated US policy. He stated that Iraq permits Al Qaida to live and move freely about in Iraq.
These lies about Al Qaida were perhaps the most transparently obvious falsehoods created to justify the Iraq war. As anyone familiar with the subject matter will testify, Saddam Hussein had a particular hatred for religious extremists, particularly Al Qaida and would have kept them under strict control.
But Biden pointedly did not choose any of the many expert witnesses who would have explained that to the Senate or the media. Dick Durbin - 'The American People were deceived'.
To the faces of those many British service men and women who died in that war supporting his and Bush's lies whether they wanted to be there or not, he doesn't want to talk to us because he's 'Irish'.
A lying two faced cu nt is what he is.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 17:14]

oh look its rightwing Ron
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024