Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Arsenal The Verdict 10:40 - Dec 13 with 702 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton At Arsenal The Verdict 13th Dec 2021 10:36
This was another of those days when an hour before the kick off when the line up came out, you knew it was going to be a long long day, complain all you want about poor team selections or tactics but such is the polarisation of the Premier League it is all about those who have money and those who haven't. 27

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Arsenal The Verdict on 11:47 - Dec 13 with 640 viewssaints__fan__73

Please stop quoting Puel and 8th place as if he was a great manager. It was just an odd year with a lot of teams were bunched on similar points.

In terms of how well we were playing, please quote, 46 points, less than a goal a game over the season at home and a home record of played 19 won 6.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton At Arsenal The Verdict on 12:30 - Dec 13 with 593 viewsSonicBoom

Yeah do us a favour and stop going on about Puel Nick FFS, you'll be bringing up Mane and Pelle next......

Puel was a tedious man who played tedious football and I would not want him back. I think we only came 8th by jumping up a few places on the last day anyway.

We were never going to get much at Arsenal as you say. I wasn't there so can't comment but I will say from your report, that I can accept it when we compete and they are simply better than us. But to let in the goals we do cos we are "sleeping" is pathetic. OK if you are beaten to the ball or someone is quicker but paying attention is something every player learns at any level. How often do we do that from set pieces etc.

I am also having doubts about our strikers. I really liked the signing of Armstrong but he simply has not delivered. He's had a lot of chances and not taken them. He makes Che look clinical. Broja looks good but he seems to limp out of every game....
Southampton At Arsenal The Verdict on 12:33 - Dec 13 with 588 viewsButty101

“Paying high wages to high players that don’t contribute’

What like Walcott . Ralph has saddled us with as much rubbish.

Why keep Lewis and pay him 20k a year to be a 3rd choice keeper if you don’t use him

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton At Arsenal The Verdict on 13:16 - Dec 13 with 529 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton At Arsenal The Verdict on 12:30 - Dec 13 by SonicBoom

Yeah do us a favour and stop going on about Puel Nick FFS, you'll be bringing up Mane and Pelle next......

Puel was a tedious man who played tedious football and I would not want him back. I think we only came 8th by jumping up a few places on the last day anyway.

We were never going to get much at Arsenal as you say. I wasn't there so can't comment but I will say from your report, that I can accept it when we compete and they are simply better than us. But to let in the goals we do cos we are "sleeping" is pathetic. OK if you are beaten to the ball or someone is quicker but paying attention is something every player learns at any level. How often do we do that from set pieces etc.

I am also having doubts about our strikers. I really liked the signing of Armstrong but he simply has not delivered. He's had a lot of chances and not taken them. He makes Che look clinical. Broja looks good but he seems to limp out of every game....

2013-14 56 pts Pochettino

2014-15 60 pts Koeman

2015-16 63 pts Koeman

2016-17 46 pts Puel

The change from Koeman to Puel saw one of the biggest declines in points won in our recent history. But, I didn't call for him to go because, like now, I thought we'd probably replace him with someone even worse.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton At Arsenal The Verdict on 17:47 - Dec 14 with 335 views1ASIN12

Have to agree that it was a tough ask to go to Arsenal with 4 1st team regulars missing and expect much - even for a good side it would have been tough .

However we have got 16 points from 16 games a point a game would just about keep us up though no garentees .

Nick once again had a go a supporters moaning about Ralph yet in the Liverpool or Brighton match report he stated that Saints were a much better team then the table and our performance say in his opinion. So it’s that the case then who’s fault is it we are not getting more points ? Who’s accountable ?
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 17:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024