Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh 09:07 - Mar 10 with 1485 viewsSaintNick

Prince Edward has been given the title, I take it we are all doffing our caps

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 09:27 - Mar 10 with 1443 viewssaint901

Certainly will not be doing that in the Andover branch of the British Republican movement.

A privileged life just because of accident of birth? Not for me.

A meritocracy in which the talented (and the lucky) attract the trappings of success - Yes.

A fair tax system that protects the weakest - Yes
We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 09:42 - Mar 10 with 1429 viewsmushinexile

I already have a privileged life through accident of birth. I was not born in a war zone, a famine zone or Portsmouth so things could be much worse. I would like a fair tax system though. Paying tax to provide universal credit to working people is subsidising their employer out of the public purse and I do not agree with that.
We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 09:57 - Mar 10 with 1413 viewsDorsetIan

I'm just not sure he's the right guy for the job.

Don't see him making racist jokes or getting irascible with servants.

I hope they're not trying to woke-up the role.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 10:17 - Mar 10 with 1398 viewsSaintNick

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 09:57 - Mar 10 by DorsetIan

I'm just not sure he's the right guy for the job.

Don't see him making racist jokes or getting irascible with servants.

I hope they're not trying to woke-up the role.

I laughed out loud at this post, I think you are spot on they have made a grave error in this appointment and it is not what the British people want, I see a potential Nathan Jones situation developing here and by May Edward being replaced by Andrew, a man we can rely on to behave in a more traditional royal role more in line with Henry VIII & Charles I its what we want.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 10:46 - Mar 10 with 1370 viewssaint901

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 09:42 - Mar 10 by mushinexile

I already have a privileged life through accident of birth. I was not born in a war zone, a famine zone or Portsmouth so things could be much worse. I would like a fair tax system though. Paying tax to provide universal credit to working people is subsidising their employer out of the public purse and I do not agree with that.

I've worked in tax for 46 years now and I can guarantee you that the system is VERY UNFAIR.

The concept of our system is great. Every pays according to their means. Not rocket science and has been a tenet of most tax systems in the Western world for centuries.

After nodding to that idea, inequality begins. The wealthy, not as many would have it because of privilege but because they can pay the fees, have access to advisers who spend literally hours pouring over the law to leverage perfectly legal but perhaps immoral uses of the system. The less well off cannot do that.

(As an indication I have friends who can charge an hourly rate of more than £1,000 for their advice).

Worse, HMRC has around 70,000 employees. I would say that less than 5% actually do not know enough (or anything) about tax. They are processors on low level Civil Service salaries. They are unmotivated, demoralised and in many instances jealous of taxpayers who have worked hard and been successful. Not a great combination.

Once the money is collected (often with menaces) it goes to politicians and that's where the trouble really begins.

Do we want a Gov't that limits benefits to those who need them; puts refugees from war torn countries back in danger; supports vanity projects because they won't say sorry?

Or so we want a society that cares about the less fortunate; is welcoming to anybody who can contribute (I would say that a good 10% of my clients who work in the NHS are either first or second generation immigrants); is willing to pay advisers a commercial fee in order to avoid wasting billions in public funds?

Or something in between.

What we don't need is a bunch of dysfunctional inbred bickering and frankly ridiculous people being held out to the world as examples of the "best of British"/

Rant over - thank you for reading.
We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 11:39 - Mar 10 with 1336 viewsdwayne_dibley

just another in a long line of inbred t0ssers living on the back of the feudal establishment

[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 17:49]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 13:59 - Mar 10 with 1261 viewsChesham_Saint

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 10:46 - Mar 10 by saint901

I've worked in tax for 46 years now and I can guarantee you that the system is VERY UNFAIR.

The concept of our system is great. Every pays according to their means. Not rocket science and has been a tenet of most tax systems in the Western world for centuries.

After nodding to that idea, inequality begins. The wealthy, not as many would have it because of privilege but because they can pay the fees, have access to advisers who spend literally hours pouring over the law to leverage perfectly legal but perhaps immoral uses of the system. The less well off cannot do that.

(As an indication I have friends who can charge an hourly rate of more than £1,000 for their advice).

Worse, HMRC has around 70,000 employees. I would say that less than 5% actually do not know enough (or anything) about tax. They are processors on low level Civil Service salaries. They are unmotivated, demoralised and in many instances jealous of taxpayers who have worked hard and been successful. Not a great combination.

Once the money is collected (often with menaces) it goes to politicians and that's where the trouble really begins.

Do we want a Gov't that limits benefits to those who need them; puts refugees from war torn countries back in danger; supports vanity projects because they won't say sorry?

Or so we want a society that cares about the less fortunate; is welcoming to anybody who can contribute (I would say that a good 10% of my clients who work in the NHS are either first or second generation immigrants); is willing to pay advisers a commercial fee in order to avoid wasting billions in public funds?

Or something in between.

What we don't need is a bunch of dysfunctional inbred bickering and frankly ridiculous people being held out to the world as examples of the "best of British"/

Rant over - thank you for reading.

Refugees from war torn countries back in danger - could you clarify?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 14:50 - Mar 10 with 1223 viewsBerber

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 13:59 - Mar 10 by Chesham_Saint

Refugees from war torn countries back in danger - could you clarify?

Good question. They are safe in France. They choose to brave the channel and risk deportation. The refugees have to accept responsibility for their own actions. This sounds harsh, but actually, no more so than stopping people setting up camp, uninvited, in your garden. They are not refugees when they land on the Kent coast.
Login to get fewer ads

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 16:55 - Mar 10 with 1181 viewsRon11

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 11:39 - Mar 10 by dwayne_dibley

just another in a long line of inbred t0ssers living on the back of the feudal establishment

[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 17:49]

And failed the Royal Marines selection at Lympstone.
Pussy.
We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 17:53 - Mar 10 with 1158 viewsdwayne_dibley

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 16:55 - Mar 10 by Ron11

And failed the Royal Marines selection at Lympstone.
Pussy.

got to keep the uniform

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 12:04 - Mar 11 with 1064 viewssaintmark1976

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 17:53 - Mar 10 by dwayne_dibley

got to keep the uniform

Don’t forget that this individual who has never served in the UK forces ( other than failing the Royal Marines entrance test ) is allowed to parade at the Remembrance Service in London each November dressed up like a ploughman’s lunch whilst laying a wreath.

At the last count every taxpayer in the UK had to pay £3.60 a year supporting a family with untold personal wealth who’s head is an acknowledged adulterer with a brother who recently paid eight million pounds to a woman he said he had never previously met.
We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 12:43 - Mar 11 with 1051 viewsBazza

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 12:04 - Mar 11 by saintmark1976

Don’t forget that this individual who has never served in the UK forces ( other than failing the Royal Marines entrance test ) is allowed to parade at the Remembrance Service in London each November dressed up like a ploughman’s lunch whilst laying a wreath.

At the last count every taxpayer in the UK had to pay £3.60 a year supporting a family with untold personal wealth who’s head is an acknowledged adulterer with a brother who recently paid eight million pounds to a woman he said he had never previously met.

Edward looks good with all those medals though mostly given directly by his mum, I wonder what for?
We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 13:25 - Mar 11 with 1023 viewskingolaf

You lot should all be locked in the Tower.
The royal family make tons more for the country than they take.
Lefty commies would probably prefer Putin, or some tosser who refers to themselves as they to do the job. Or Gary Lineker.
Carry on the good work of your wonderful mother King Charles.
We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 14:38 - Mar 11 with 1007 viewssaintmark1976

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 13:25 - Mar 11 by kingolaf

You lot should all be locked in the Tower.
The royal family make tons more for the country than they take.
Lefty commies would probably prefer Putin, or some tosser who refers to themselves as they to do the job. Or Gary Lineker.
Carry on the good work of your wonderful mother King Charles.

If you are happy to believe what the hard of thinking have been told for years kingolaf that’s fine by me.

For your info and education, more people visit Lego Land near Windsor annually than all the Royal Palaces put together. France has no Royal Family, yet each year has the highest number of tourists of any country in Europe. I’m not a commie and doubt that other posters on this subject are either. As for your reference to Gary Lineker I can only assume that you perhaps have posted on the wrong part of the Forum?
We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 16:43 - Mar 11 with 991 viewsdwayne_dibley

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 14:38 - Mar 11 by saintmark1976

If you are happy to believe what the hard of thinking have been told for years kingolaf that’s fine by me.

For your info and education, more people visit Lego Land near Windsor annually than all the Royal Palaces put together. France has no Royal Family, yet each year has the highest number of tourists of any country in Europe. I’m not a commie and doubt that other posters on this subject are either. As for your reference to Gary Lineker I can only assume that you perhaps have posted on the wrong part of the Forum?

The French Royalty were done away with by Weight Watchers for telling the peasants to eat cake

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 10:47 - Mar 12 with 917 viewssaint901

The "royal family" make nothing for this country. They are simple place holders for a long line of ruthless megalomaniacs who murdered and killed their way to power and then called upon the "power" of superstition to claim that they had some supernatural claim. (And if you disagreed, chances are you would be silenced.

Visitors some to see the palaces and castles and historic sites. They don't come expecting to see some chinless wonder and his concubine, the dodgy brother who should be exiled (if he can find somewhere willing to have him), the much married princess who at least puts in some effort, the invisible brother who now has a new title, the son who is a robot determined to maintain the myth, a spare who wants to "step back" but not so far as to curtail his sordid money making goaded by a dim but very pushy wannabe princess.

And these people are seen as representing the best of British?

Not in my name please.,
We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 13:52 - Mar 12 with 877 viewssaintmark1976

We Have A New Duke Of Edinburgh on 10:47 - Mar 12 by saint901

The "royal family" make nothing for this country. They are simple place holders for a long line of ruthless megalomaniacs who murdered and killed their way to power and then called upon the "power" of superstition to claim that they had some supernatural claim. (And if you disagreed, chances are you would be silenced.

Visitors some to see the palaces and castles and historic sites. They don't come expecting to see some chinless wonder and his concubine, the dodgy brother who should be exiled (if he can find somewhere willing to have him), the much married princess who at least puts in some effort, the invisible brother who now has a new title, the son who is a robot determined to maintain the myth, a spare who wants to "step back" but not so far as to curtail his sordid money making goaded by a dim but very pushy wannabe princess.

And these people are seen as representing the best of British?

Not in my name please.,

Brilliant post saint901.

Particularly galling to me is that the chinless wonder will not pay one penny of inheritance tax upon receipt of his mother’s suggested personal fortune of £650 million pounds, but yet every UK taxpayer will still continue to have money deducted from their annual income by way of tax to support him and his family. Hardly fair in a country which now has more food banks than McDonalds, but then again I don’t suppose that it worries the hard of thinking in the slightest?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024