Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings 08:02 - Apr 1 with 1283 viewsSaintNick

Should he get a good reception or a lot of stick, discuss.

Of course some will say he was dragged by wild horses from St Mary's as he really wanted to sign a new deal that would have made him Saints highest paid player, but was prevented from doing so by Semmens/Gao/Johnson

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Danny Ings on 08:05 - Apr 1 with 1266 viewscocklebreath

The midget pirate is just another money grabbing decent footballer, he did provide a great moment with the knee slide at Fratton park

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Danny Ings on 08:10 - Apr 1 with 1246 viewsmushinexile

Is he one of ours? No. Sod him then.
Danny Ings on 08:19 - Apr 1 with 1235 viewsSaintNick

Danny Ings on 08:10 - Apr 1 by mushinexile

The Danny Ings saga was another nail in the coffin for football, no one expected him to stay if he got a transfer to a big club challenging for something, but going to Villa & West Ham he changed his situation at Saints for similar ones for a little more money.

It perhaps made many realise that there is no loyalty anymore not even for those who are playing for their home town clubs.

As Ralph Hasenhuttl said "No one wants to be a club legend anymore"

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Danny Ings on 09:46 - Apr 1 with 1172 viewsdwayne_dibley

footballers get a ten year career earning decent money that has to fund the rest of their existence. You can understand why they want to maximise that earning potential

Nobody complains when you select savings products with the best interest rates.

The fact he is an ungrateful t0sser is another issue
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 9:47]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Danny Ings on 09:50 - Apr 1 with 1168 viewsSouthamptonfan

Danny Ings on 09:46 - Apr 1 by dwayne_dibley

footballers get a ten year career earning decent money that has to fund the rest of their existence. You can understand why they want to maximise that earning potential

Ward-Prowse has stayed with us and acted with integrity. I'm sure he could have left for a bigger club, had he pushed for it. Ings "Mr I love the club, I support Saints, I would only ever leave for a top 6 club" is an arrogant idiot (and a liar).
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 9:51]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Danny Ings on 10:45 - Apr 1 with 1084 viewsRon11

Giving ex players stick is a classic banana skin for Saints fans. I well remember Kevin Philips coming on as a sub at St Mary's after he had left Saints to the immediate chorus of 'we've all shagged your missus'.
Within one minute he had the ball in the net.
Danny Ings on 11:02 - Apr 1 with 1077 viewscocklebreath

Danny Ings on 09:50 - Apr 1 by Southamptonfan

Ward-Prowse has stayed with us and acted with integrity. I'm sure he could have left for a bigger club, had he pushed for it. Ings "Mr I love the club, I support Saints, I would only ever leave for a top 6 club" is an arrogant idiot (and a liar).
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 9:51]

Did he ever say he supports saints? I’m not sure he did

Danny Ings on 11:19 - Apr 1 with 1067 viewsSouthamptonfan

Danny Ings on 11:02 - Apr 1 by cocklebreath

Did he ever say he supports saints? I’m not sure he did

He certainly made out he did - "boyhood club", "Southampton lad" brought up in Southampton etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stmarysmusings.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2018/8/14/

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ings on 12:57 - Apr 1 with 1005 viewscocklebreath

Danny Ings on 11:19 - Apr 1 by Southamptonfan

He certainly made out he did - "boyhood club", "Southampton lad" brought up in Southampton etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stmarysmusings.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2018/8/14/

Reading that he never said it was his boyhood club I think it’s just journalists putting words in his mouth

Danny Ings on 13:03 - Apr 1 with 1000 viewsSouthamptonfan

Danny Ings on 12:57 - Apr 1 by cocklebreath

Reading that he never said it was his boyhood club I think it’s just journalists putting words in his mouth

Maybe so, but he was born in Winchester and lived his whole childhood in Southampton. He is a "Southampton lad". More to the point, one definite fact is that he said he would only leave for a "top 6 club". So he is definitely a liar. His lies showed little respect for the fans of the city he grew up in.

He declared he was "home" when he was here. Then the money bought him another home in the midlands at a non top six club. He totally disrespected our club.
https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-11-19/feature-interview-danny-ings-south
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 13:15]

Danny Ings on 14:43 - Apr 1 with 912 viewsNumber_58

Danny Ings on 10:45 - Apr 1 by Ron11

Giving ex players stick is a classic banana skin for Saints fans. I well remember Kevin Philips coming on as a sub at St Mary's after he had left Saints to the immediate chorus of 'we've all shagged your missus'.
Within one minute he had the ball in the net.

True, but at least we all got to shag his missus.
Danny Ings on 17:34 - Apr 1 with 830 viewssaint22

Danny Ings on 08:10 - Apr 1 by mushinexile

He should get loads of grief
But you also just KNOW he will grab the winner
Danny Ings on 19:59 - Apr 1 with 777 viewsSonicBoom

Yes but I'm sure there's plenty of examples of players that got loads of stick and were terrible against us. Lallana for one when he didn't invent an injury.
Ings doesn't deserve our respect. He used us to further his career, we don't owe him anything.
Danny Ings on 08:23 - Apr 2 with 666 viewsMattFinish

He had the chance to stay and play for his childhood team who’d given him the chance when no-one else was interested but decided to sit on the bench at Villa for more money
Hope he has a nightmare game
Danny Ings (n/t) on 09:27 - Apr 2 with 646 viewskernow

[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 9:30]
Danny Ings on 09:29 - Apr 2 with 645 viewskernow

I don't care if he gets stick or not . I'd settle for him just getting an injury to his little toe and limping off after 2 minutes.
Danny Ings on 09:33 - Apr 2 with 641 viewsButty101

Danny Ings on 09:46 - Apr 1 by dwayne_dibley

Nothing annoys me more than it’s a short career….change career you can work for another 30 years like the rest of us idiots

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024