Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect 20:07 - Jan 31 with 4467 viewsTreforys_Jack

There is a serious lack of respect on this forum for the board. Grow up is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Support the club, support the board.
Respect on 21:34 - Jan 31 with 1079 viewsShaky

Respect on 21:23 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

I'm talking about transfers, wages and general budget, not where we end up in the league. We laugh at them lot up the road spending obscene amounts of money on mediocrity but many of our "fans" would follow their lead.

You are in denial unless you accept that there is a strong positive correlation between how much money you spend on playing staff and where you are going to end up in the league.

What helps is having a manager with a bit of star quality like Laudrup that talent will want to work with in the hope that some of it rubs off.

Which is why in my view the board are making a big mistake almost certainly pissing him off making these signings that are in direct opposition to his philosophy.

One more thing; it is a totally bogus argument to claim that you can't support the club without supporting the board. The board deserves the fans support if and only if their actions are consistent with promoting the best interests of the club as opposed to say lining their own pockets. Or playing petty power games because their egos have been bruised.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Respect on 21:38 - Jan 31 with 1048 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Respect on 20:59 - Jan 31 by snork44

The board and the club don't deserve the fans! I have never seen such a fickle bunch of fools as on here, we are Swansea City not Man Utd, Bayern Munich or even Real Madrid. Get some perspective ffs, we are a small club punching way above our weight with a prudent board and a world class Manager. When Huw does something right he is lauded as a genius, but when it is something the glory hunters don't like he is public enemy number one.

In what way is Laudrup a 'World Class' manager?

I personally would reserve that status for people such as Mourinho and Ferguson.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Respect on 21:52 - Jan 31 with 1017 viewsmonmouth

Respect on 21:15 - Jan 31 by Shaky

What you mean like Jenkins who said:

"When I hear some of our players and staff talking [about getting to 40 points] now it really upsets me that they can actually think like that, because you are more or less conceding a third of the games you play in before you start. I find that the hardest thing to take, that we have actually got staff and players that struggle at this point in time to see where we can compete. And that's the biggest challenge I've got, to make sure that turns around and that everybody working with the club believes if we keep doing things differently, we can compete, irrespective of the size of the club or budgets."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/02/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkins-car

Well I have to say, we are doing things differently......

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Respect on 21:56 - Jan 31 with 1000 viewsShaky

Respect on 21:52 - Jan 31 by monmouth

Well I have to say, we are doing things differently......

Indeed so.

It is what you might term the Del boy strategy. Pick up a load of players going cheap-cheep, stack em up in the spare bedroom, then flog em in a few years down the market when their stock has appreciated.

By this time next year, we'll be in the Champions Leagues places -- lovely jubbly.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Respect on 22:11 - Jan 31 with 961 viewsmonmouth

Respect on 21:56 - Jan 31 by Shaky

Indeed so.

It is what you might term the Del boy strategy. Pick up a load of players going cheap-cheep, stack em up in the spare bedroom, then flog em in a few years down the market when their stock has appreciated.

By this time next year, we'll be in the Champions Leagues places -- lovely jubbly.

Then we can buy back Leroy Lita

Respect on 22:13 - Jan 31 with 955 viewsmysonsarejacks

Respect on 21:56 - Jan 31 by Shaky

Indeed so.

If I remember correctly, when the board did take their 'dividends' (remembering how much blood, sweat & tears they've probably shed) I don't remember anyone on the boards at the time complaining.

"Don't muzzle the ox whilst it trending out the grain".

Only time will tell with Ngog & Emnes. Remember that Michu came here having been rejected by a number of PL teams. Routledge has 'done the rounds' before coming here too.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Respect on 22:20 - Jan 31 with 925 viewsWarwickHunt

Respect on 21:34 - Jan 31 by Shaky

You are in denial unless you accept that there is a strong positive correlation between how much money you spend on playing staff and where you are going to end up in the league.

What helps is having a manager with a bit of star quality like Laudrup that talent will want to work with in the hope that some of it rubs off.

Which is why in my view the board are making a big mistake almost certainly pissing him off making these signings that are in direct opposition to his philosophy.

One more thing; it is a totally bogus argument to claim that you can't support the club without supporting the board. The board deserves the fans support if and only if their actions are consistent with promoting the best interests of the club as opposed to say lining their own pockets. Or playing petty power games because their egos have been bruised.

Spot on.

Post of the day.
Respect on 22:20 - Jan 31 with 925 viewsShaky

Respect on 22:13 - Jan 31 by mysonsarejacks

If I remember correctly, when the board did take their 'dividends' (remembering how much blood, sweat & tears they've probably shed) I don't remember anyone on the boards at the time complaining.

Only time will tell with Ngog & Emnes. Remember that Michu came here having been rejected by a number of PL teams. Routledge has 'done the rounds' before coming here too.

Not sure what you're saying in the first two sentences, but in the last one you are clearly falling into a well-known behavioural trap known as 'hindsight bias'.

Quite a few round here would do well to look it up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Respect on 22:33 - Jan 31 with 875 viewsRogueTrooper

If Marvin scores the winner against the Malaysian franchise again, I'm up for putting a statue of him next to Ivor

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Respect on 22:35 - Jan 31 with 864 viewsTreforys_Jack

Respect on 21:34 - Jan 31 by Shaky

Getting a bit confused here, I agree totally with you that someone elses rubbish will work very nicely for us. Its getting the correct piece of the jigsaw in the right place, not how much money you spend which seems to be what people are up in arms about. Do you really think that Huw Jenkins went out and bought N'gog and Emnes without speaking to the manager, which is the general opnion on here tonight. Really !!!!! you couldn't make it up.
Respect on 22:48 - Jan 31 with 824 viewsmonmouth

Respect on 22:33 - Jan 31 by RogueTrooper

If Marvin scores the winner against the Malaysian franchise again, I'm up for putting a statue of him next to Ivor

To be fair, if we have to play him in a game like that and we're not out of sight first, we really are in the s**t.

Respect on 09:31 - Feb 1 with 732 viewsDibaba

So what's your point?

Bony now is probably worth twice what Swansea paid for him as he has proven that he can score against the best Premier League defenders. If he got the kind of service that Suarez gets, I wouldn't bet against him being as prolific.

Jenkins has been called a cheapskate; but he's a shrewd cheapskate that knows exactly when to splurge.

Besides, when you can get the likes of Michu, Pozuelo, Canas and De Guzman for so little money and still beat the likes of Valencia 3-0 away, it proves you know what you're doing.

If you think a club as small as Swansea should be buying the likes of Bony during every transfer window, you're delusional.
Respect on 09:34 - Feb 1 with 731 viewsDibaba

So when Swansea are up 3-0 or down 3-0 with 15 minutes left to play, with 3 competitions to think about, would you rather leave Bony in and risk injury and exhaustion?
Respect on 09:37 - Feb 1 with 726 viewsDr_Winston

"If I remember correctly, when the board did take their 'dividends' (remembering how much blood, sweat & tears they've probably shed) I don't remember anyone on the boards at the time complaining"

There were loads.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Respect on 09:40 - Feb 1 with 720 viewsDr_Winston

Respect on 21:17 - Jan 31 by snork44

Ngog, Emnes and possibly Bannan are squad players , Jesus wept who the hell are you expecting Rooney, Mata or Messi. The negativity on this board is astonishing I just shake my head at the fickleness of our so called fans

I love this type of argument. Anyone who thinks an established, highly profitable Premier League club really should be looking to sign better players than Marvin Emnes must obviously want us to sign Lionel Messi instead. It's common sense innit?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Respect on 09:51 - Feb 1 with 572 viewsDibaba

Respect on 09:40 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

I love this type of argument. Anyone who thinks an established, highly profitable Premier League club really should be looking to sign better players than Marvin Emnes must obviously want us to sign Lionel Messi instead. It's common sense innit?

Emnes clearly is a role player that would probably not be depended on for goal scoring primarily.

I think it is important to remember that we have yet to see the likes of Bony and Michu firing on all cylinders at the same time. When we do see that -- especially along with De Guzman, Chico, Routledge and Williams performing anywhere near the standards they set last year, then Swansea will have no worries at all. Even if we have a season where Michu ends the season with only half the goal tally of last season, which is not out of reach, Swansea should be safe as long as Bony stays on his trajectory and the rest of the team pitches in with their fair share.
Respect on 09:51 - Feb 1 with 572 viewsUxbridge

You've obviously not read my stuff then. Don't blame you...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Respect on 09:54 - Feb 1 with 567 viewsjohnlangy

Respect on 21:33 - Jan 31 by JackSomething

Neither Emnes nor N'gog fill me with excitement, but they're low-risk signings that have a chance of surprising us. Comparable to Brendan signing Routledge and Lita. One paid off, one didn't.

People have quite rightly been complaining that Vasquez and Donnelly are not good enough back-up to Bony. We now have two players who should be upgrades and can cover out wide also. If they don't work out, we don't keep them next season and acquire a better player in the summer for less money.

It's pointless talking sense because nobody listens (bar me).
Respect on 10:26 - Feb 1 with 547 viewsperchrockjack

Respect on 20:59 - Jan 31 by snork44

The board and the club don't deserve the fans! I have never seen such a fickle bunch of fools as on here, we are Swansea City not Man Utd, Bayern Munich or even Real Madrid. Get some perspective ffs, we are a small club punching way above our weight with a prudent board and a world class Manager. When Huw does something right he is lauded as a genius, but when it is something the glory hunters don't like he is public enemy number one.

not Accrington Stanley or Crawley either

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Respect on 10:34 - Feb 1 with 532 viewsJackSomething

Respect on 10:26 - Feb 1 by perchrockjack

not Accrington Stanley or Crawley either

We are also not Aston Villa, Rotherham or Velez Sarsfield.

This is fun.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Respect on 10:44 - Feb 1 with 522 viewsShaky

Respect on 22:35 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

Getting a bit confused here, I agree totally with you that someone elses rubbish will work very nicely for us. Its getting the correct piece of the jigsaw in the right place, not how much money you spend which seems to be what people are up in arms about. Do you really think that Huw Jenkins went out and bought N'gog and Emnes without speaking to the manager, which is the general opnion on here tonight. Really !!!!! you couldn't make it up.

I agree with you that Jenkins probably spoke to Laudrup about Emnes and N'gog.

He might even have been somewhat positive about one of them, but not both. And according to your own scenario it is Jenkins taking the lead on this. Why the f*uck is he doing that?

The way I see it is this; even in the highly unlikely event we go one to win both the FA and the UEFA cup we are going to have considerably fewer games in the 2nd half of the season than in the 1st half (And likely fewer injuries due to tiredness).

You have now increased the squad size by around 10% with fewer games to go round. Laudrup's philosophy was to have a small squad so everybody would get some playing time and remain sweet.

If you are now knowingly bringing in deadwood - even for very little money - they could easily end up dissatisfied and thereby disrupt and destabilise the overall squad. What is the cost of that?

Certainly not something that your average FIFA xx gamer will have a clue about or be forced to deal with.

It is amateur hour stuff, as far as I am concerned.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 10:50]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Respect on 10:57 - Feb 1 with 511 viewsJackSomething

Respect on 10:44 - Feb 1 by Shaky

I agree with you that Jenkins probably spoke to Laudrup about Emnes and N'gog.

He might even have been somewhat positive about one of them, but not both. And according to your own scenario it is Jenkins taking the lead on this. Why the f*uck is he doing that?

The way I see it is this; even in the highly unlikely event we go one to win both the FA and the UEFA cup we are going to have considerably fewer games in the 2nd half of the season than in the 1st half (And likely fewer injuries due to tiredness).

You have now increased the squad size by around 10% with fewer games to go round. Laudrup's philosophy was to have a small squad so everybody would get some playing time and remain sweet.

If you are now knowingly bringing in deadwood - even for very little money - they could easily end up dissatisfied and thereby disrupt and destabilise the overall squad. What is the cost of that?

Certainly not something that your average FIFA xx gamer will have a clue about or be forced to deal with.

It is amateur hour stuff, as far as I am concerned.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 10:50]

Would you have to be Football Manager veteran to understand these issues? Or is there another level of qualifications we ned to reach?

Respect on 10:59 - Feb 1 with 508 viewsShaky

Respect on 10:57 - Feb 1 by JackSomething

Would you have to be Football Manager veteran to understand these issues? Or is there another level of qualifications we ned to reach?

Football Manager works for me if and only if your experience was gained on a Commodore 64.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Respect on 11:04 - Feb 1 with 499 viewsJackSomething

Respect on 10:59 - Feb 1 by Shaky

Football Manager works for me if and only if your experience was gained on a Commodore 64.

Blast. My first was Championship Manager 93 on my first PC. I'm out.

Respect on 11:11 - Feb 1 with 492 viewsShaky

Respect on 11:04 - Feb 1 by JackSomething

Blast. My first was Championship Manager 93 on my first PC. I'm out.

Bah. By '93 I was already on my second laptop, although in all honesty the first one looked much more like a sort of sewing machine.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024