Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon 09:01 - Feb 7 with 10106 viewsjackb

Are there downsides to this, must be some I suppose but looks pretty positive on the whole, would be amazing to see it come to fruition

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-26072805

http://www.tidallagoonswanseabay.com/film.aspx
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 09:22 - Feb 7 with 5647 viewspansypants

A marvellous scheme in theory but in practice "Blind Pugh" will probably be hired to do it if Swansea City Council are behind it!!!!

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 09:38 - Feb 7 with 5629 viewsjackb

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 09:22 - Feb 7 by pansypants

A marvellous scheme in theory but in practice "Blind Pugh" will probably be hired to do it if Swansea City Council are behind it!!!!

they're not - private company by the looks of it
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 09:52 - Feb 7 with 5602 viewsyescomeon

Big fan of this project. I really think that Wales has a bright future in marine renewables.

Upthecity!

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 09:55 - Feb 7 with 5597 viewsSwanzay

Im actually all for this from what Ive heard so far, its far greener and cleaner then bloody pointless land wind turbines then generate f all and cost ££££.

They have done a very thorough Marine study over the last fews years in the bay and there will be minmal impact to marine life as both rivers Tawe and Neath will still flow as normal.

They also want to employ locally.

Looking good so far!
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 10:55 - Feb 7 with 5559 viewsGowerjack

A splendid idea

Go for it!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 11:20 - Feb 7 with 5534 viewsScotia

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 10:55 - Feb 7 by Gowerjack

A splendid idea

Go for it!

We've only heard one side of the argument so far.

If it appears to be too good to be true it probably is, in this case it definitely is.

Personally I think the company behind this should put some money in to the science behind what they are doing rather than PR propaganda.

Don't believe all you read, they are a bunch of comedians.
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 12:31 - Feb 7 with 5490 viewsjackb

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 11:20 - Feb 7 by Scotia

If it appears to be too good to be true it probably is, in this case it definitely is.

Personally I think the company behind this should put some money in to the science behind what they are doing rather than PR propaganda.

be interested to hear the facts behind your argument
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 12:35 - Feb 7 with 5477 viewsLeonisGod

"Personally I think the company behind this should put some money in to the science behind what they are doing rather than PR propaganda"

Spot on. Someone else in the know!
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 12:41 - Feb 7 with 5469 viewstreboethjack

My only question would be how does it effect the marine wildlife? Other than that it seems like a good idea so far...

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 14:22 - Feb 7 with 5417 viewsScotia

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 12:31 - Feb 7 by jackb

be interested to hear the facts behind your argument

Can't say too much unfortunately.

They've just made stupid claims to get the public on side, like it being a centre for international watersports. In the middle of the lagoon is the sewage outfall for all of East Swansea - would you swim in that?

The best is on the BBC website today, a comment from them saying - if one if these was built in Bridgewater bay there would be no flooding on the Somerset levels!

Fair play though they have made it sound brilliant though.
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 14:28 - Feb 7 with 5410 viewsdgt73

No wonder Wales is falling behind in terms of jobs, investment with views like that.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 14:41 - Feb 7 with 5391 viewsScotia

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 14:28 - Feb 7 by dgt73

No wonder Wales is falling behind in terms of jobs, investment with views like that.

Trust me I'd love to see Wales develop in all way's possible. I just think that after the football club the bay is pretty much the best thing that Swansea has to offer, and I don't want to see it ruined.

Just wait until the authorities have had their chance to reply to the plans to see what you think of it then.
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 15:00 - Feb 7 with 5372 viewsNogginthenog

It's a no brainer, with one of the highest tidal rise and falls in the world it is an ideal place to put one. It will be cleaner than Nuclear and will last hundreds of years with no pollution. It has to be built and will benefit Swansea in jobs, infrastructure and tourism. Hail the Lagoon!
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 15:26 - Feb 7 with 5342 viewsjackb

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 14:41 - Feb 7 by Scotia

Trust me I'd love to see Wales develop in all way's possible. I just think that after the football club the bay is pretty much the best thing that Swansea has to offer, and I don't want to see it ruined.

Just wait until the authorities have had their chance to reply to the plans to see what you think of it then.

it's on the left by the docks, can't really ruin that view
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 15:27 - Feb 7 with 5338 viewsjackb

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 14:22 - Feb 7 by Scotia

Can't say too much unfortunately.

They've just made stupid claims to get the public on side, like it being a centre for international watersports. In the middle of the lagoon is the sewage outfall for all of East Swansea - would you swim in that?

The best is on the BBC website today, a comment from them saying - if one if these was built in Bridgewater bay there would be no flooding on the Somerset levels!

Fair play though they have made it sound brilliant though.

why not
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 15:30 - Feb 7 with 5331 viewsScotia

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 15:26 - Feb 7 by jackb

it's on the left by the docks, can't really ruin that view

Unless the good people of St Thomas like looking out to sea and towards Somerset. It's gonna be massive. Also from Mumbles looking towards Port Talbot all you'll see is a huge wall.
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 15:53 - Feb 7 with 5309 viewsMrSwerve

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 15:30 - Feb 7 by Scotia

Unless the good people of St Thomas like looking out to sea and towards Somerset. It's gonna be massive. Also from Mumbles looking towards Port Talbot all you'll see is a huge wall.

It's not gonna be that high is it?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 16:01 - Feb 7 with 5303 viewsApeShit

Why can't you say too much about the bad points?
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 16:01 - Feb 7 with 5302 viewsJackfath

I'm concerned it will spoil the natural environment of turds, condoms and shopping trolleys currently thriving in our magnificent bay.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 18:37 - Feb 7 with 5244 viewsBanosswan

As someone whow lives in port talbot, even I can see how a wall would be a better view.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 18:38 - Feb 7 with 5243 viewsSwanzay

As Peter Hain is against it, I'm even more for it!
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 19:12 - Feb 7 with 5213 viewsexiledclaseboy

The company involved want UK government subsidies for 30 years (I think it was that long). Not gonna happen.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 19:33 - Feb 7 with 5189 viewsSwanzay

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 19:12 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

The company involved want UK government subsidies for 30 years (I think it was that long). Not gonna happen.

The subsidies of £155 per MW is outrageous, although all the other subsidies for other sources are as well, on that front I'm rather against, green credentials I'm for. Those figures don't make financial sense to the taxpayer. Onshore turnbines are the biggest rip of there is, absolutely scandalous!

However the Govt didn't give a feck about giving £92 per MW to a French company, so do they give a toss, I doubt it!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2014 19:43]
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 19:34 - Feb 7 with 5189 viewsGowerjack

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 18:38 - Feb 7 by Swanzay

As Peter Hain is against it, I'm even more for it!

I like it even more now.

Hi dislike is obviously totally unconnected to his job with the company trying to push through the Severn Barrage.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon on 19:38 - Feb 7 with 5178 viewsLiam12345

looks for to good to be true

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024