Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work 11:14 - Feb 9 with 4263 viewsJackistentialist

"One of the most difficult players I have worked with. When he gives 80—90% he is still by far the best, but I want 100%, and he rarely does that."

A very interesting quote considering the circumstances of his departure.

As Huw Jenkins said, he felt that the values of the club were slowly being eroded and when Garry Monk was asked on what he felt those values were, the first words out of his mouth were "hard work".

It seems as though Laudrup's attitude to work has carried on from his playing days into management. It's one of the curses of the talented individual who is so far above average that he no longer feels the need to work for it. Ultimately this has been the key to his downfall among a few other personal aspects.

Garry Monk was never the world's greatest defender, but he's always worked the hardest and I think it is this attitude towards work on the pitch which appears to be carried into his approach in management. I am optimistic with this appointment and if it works out then Huw Jenkins and the board really are genius.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 11:15]
Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 11:33 - Feb 9 with 4089 viewsDarran

I was told a couple of more things about ML and his approach to management yesterday, he's a very strange fellow.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 11:34 - Feb 9 with 4068 viewscackinthesackjack

F*ck him ;)

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 11:37 - Feb 9 with 4028 viewsDarran

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 11:34 - Feb 9 by cackinthesackjack

F*ck him ;)

Oi that's copyrighted.

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 11:40 - Feb 9 with 3987 viewspunkrockjack

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 11:33 - Feb 9 by Darran

I was told a couple of more things about ML and his approach to management yesterday, he's a very strange fellow.

You have to elaborate Darran
Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 11:47 - Feb 9 with 3932 viewsmax936

Great post, but you left out football intelligence which Monk has in abundance, thats what made him the Captain he was.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 12:28]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 11:53 - Feb 9 with 3862 viewsMrSwerve

I find it quite funny when people compare managers on how good they used to be as a player.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:04 - Feb 9 with 3793 viewsJackistentialist

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 11:53 - Feb 9 by MrSwerve

I find it quite funny when people compare managers on how good they used to be as a player.

The point I'm making is that attitude to work transcends the respective roles of player, manager or any other job for that matter.

Garry Monk always had to work hard to get to where he was, whereas Laudrup, blessed with world-class talent never really needed to get his head down and grind out success. These experiences shape people and develop their respective psychologies towards work.

I see parallels here to Paulo Sousa, a world class player who was also criticised for a lax approach to training, no less than by Garry Monk himself! -
Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:10 - Feb 9 with 3721 views2face

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:04 - Feb 9 by Jackistentialist

The point I'm making is that attitude to work transcends the respective roles of player, manager or any other job for that matter.

Garry Monk always had to work hard to get to where he was, whereas Laudrup, blessed with world-class talent never really needed to get his head down and grind out success. These experiences shape people and develop their respective psychologies towards work.

I see parallels here to Paulo Sousa, a world class player who was also criticised for a lax approach to training, no less than by Garry Monk himself! -

I'm not sure I buy the part about hard work. ML has always said he practiced endlessly to improve his skills. I think his issues are because of his strange ideas about management.
Login to get fewer ads

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:13 - Feb 9 with 3702 viewsGowerjack

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 11:33 - Feb 9 by Darran

Come on then scruff

Tell us!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:23 - Feb 9 with 3613 viewsSikko

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:13 - Feb 9 by Gowerjack

Come on then scruff

Tell us!

Will be interesting to see how Swansea will replace all the spaniards and maybe also Bony who i heard wanted to leave uponn ML leaving. The chairman will have to work miracles finding those in his most favored division the Championship.
Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:26 - Feb 9 with 3576 viewsSikko

Now Cruyff might not be the most thrustworthy given his history with Laudrup. But its true about him being exceptional on training pitch Platini said the same "worlds best player on the training ground".
Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:27 - Feb 9 with 3571 viewsbluenile

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:23 - Feb 9 by Sikko

Will be interesting to see how Swansea will replace all the spaniards and maybe also Bony who i heard wanted to leave uponn ML leaving. The chairman will have to work miracles finding those in his most favored division the Championship.

Aah..........sorry.............you're on the wrong board......................dipstick!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:27 - Feb 9 with 3564 viewsDarran

Go away you Danish pr*ck.

Johan Cruyff on Laudrup and his attitude to work on 12:28 - Feb 9 with 3552 viewsexiledclaseboy

All this talk of players wanting to leave now that Laudrup has gone is nonsense. If anything in many cases it'll be the exact opposite.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024