Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenas watch 11:21 - Feb 11 with 2577 viewsQPunkR

It's been a while (thankfully), but Jenas watch was back last night (sadly) - and with a bang!
The big man had 27 touches that I counted last night in his time on the pitch. This may be a record in terms of touches-per-minute during his time with us, but unfortunately for the 21-cap wonder, each was more ineffectual than the last.

QPR - "shit but local"

Jenas watch on 11:50 - Feb 11 with 2525 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Carroll won the invisible man award last night.

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Jenas watch on 11:54 - Feb 11 with 2516 viewsisawqpratwcity

I thought it was a reasonable substitution, as Carroll had been, well, ineffective.

Jenas has a better scoring tally, but if you want to bash an anti-Jenas drum, well, you've already done it.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Jenas watch on 11:58 - Feb 11 with 2495 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Jenas watch on 11:59 - Feb 11 with 2489 viewsbeeeater

What is it with people on this board. Always so negative. And running.people. down. I've.never. known. A club like this for such over reaction.to reults. The crowd at HQ are now adopting the same attitude. Give it a rest.
Jenas watch on 12:01 - Feb 11 with 2480 viewsQPunkR

Jenas watch on 11:54 - Feb 11 by isawqpratwcity

I thought it was a reasonable substitution, as Carroll had been, well, ineffective.

Jenas has a better scoring tally, but if you want to bash an anti-Jenas drum, well, you've already done it.

He bashes his own drum well enough.
It was indeed an absolutely like-for-like substitution, one ineffective player for another. Why not bring on Traore and put him wide, with Krancjar slotting into the centre where he kept drifting anyway?

QPR - "shit but local"

Jenas watch on 12:10 - Feb 11 with 2457 viewsHAYESBOY

Thought Jenas did ok when he came on. Couldnt do much in 15 minutes.

Agree Carroll was non existant yesterday.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Jenas watch on 12:22 - Feb 11 with 2410 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jenas watch on 12:10 - Feb 11 by HAYESBOY

Thought Jenas did ok when he came on. Couldnt do much in 15 minutes.

Agree Carroll was non existant yesterday.

I agree.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jenas watch on 12:43 - Feb 11 with 2344 viewsStanisgod

Jenas watch on 11:59 - Feb 11 by beeeater

What is it with people on this board. Always so negative. And running.people. down. I've.never. known. A club like this for such over reaction.to reults. The crowd at HQ are now adopting the same attitude. Give it a rest.

Too.many. full stops. in that. post.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Jenas watch on 12:53 - Feb 11 with 2308 viewsbeeeater

Jenas watch on 12:43 - Feb 11 by Stanisgod

Too.many. full stops. in that. post.

Using a phone and haven't got me reading glasses on.
Jenas watch on 22:22 - Feb 11 with 2195 viewsderbyhoop

FFS. Have we got any good players

I thought JJ did OK when he came on. But they sniffed a vital win and were working their socks off in the last 20 minutes. We didn't have the guile to break them down. It wasn't down to lack of effort, by any Rangers player.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Jenas watch on 22:35 - Feb 11 with 2179 viewsonlyrinmoray

I was working so had to listen on the radio Ive never such a biased commentry on radio five with Robby Savage suprise suprise with his Derby connections.Rangers sounded utterly pants
Came home from work today and watched it on Sky whilst we werent good I didnt think we were crap Derby scraped a win with help from Greens mistake and our lack of a Austin up front
Just goes to show how 2 different reports on a match can contrast Thought Andy Hichcliffe and Sky commentary was fair
Jenas watch on 22:46 - Feb 11 with 2160 viewsNorthernr

I'd be absolutely staggered if his kit needed washing after that.

TBF, I'd be amazed if it's needed so much as a spin cycle all season.

The bloke's a tart.
Jenas watch on 23:08 - Feb 11 with 2122 viewsYorkRanger

Jenas watch on 22:46 - Feb 11 by Northernr

I'd be absolutely staggered if his kit needed washing after that.

TBF, I'd be amazed if it's needed so much as a spin cycle all season.

The bloke's a tart.

If you are criticising players for last night, there are a number ahead of Jenas
Jenas watch on 23:12 - Feb 11 with 2119 viewsNorthernr

Jenas watch on 23:08 - Feb 11 by YorkRanger

If you are criticising players for last night, there are a number ahead of Jenas

But this is a thread about Jenas.
Jenas watch on 23:15 - Feb 11 with 2118 viewsYorkRanger

Jenas watch on 23:12 - Feb 11 by Northernr

Personally I didnt think he was that bad.
Jenas watch on 23:24 - Feb 11 with 2104 viewsFredManRave

Jenas watch on 23:12 - Feb 11 by Northernr

Good point and well done updating the smilies on here to include a new Jenas one - see below.

[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 23:26]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Jenas watch on 23:32 - Feb 11 with 2088 viewsNorthernr

Jenas watch on 23:15 - Feb 11 by YorkRanger

Personally I didnt think he was that bad.

He just never does anything. I sit and watch him for ages sometimes just wondering how somebody can always be a minimum of ten yards away from literally everything that happens in a football match.

You're right, he wasn't particularly bad or good last night and there are other worse culprits, but his total lack of any sort of input is a real puzzle to me.

He had one good game playing off the striker earlier in the season, maybe Derby at home actually, but apart from that I find him mystifying. Stealing a living.
Jenas watch on 00:50 - Feb 12 with 2038 viewsHunterhoop

Jenas watch on 23:32 - Feb 11 by Northernr

He just never does anything. I sit and watch him for ages sometimes just wondering how somebody can always be a minimum of ten yards away from literally everything that happens in a football match.

You're right, he wasn't particularly bad or good last night and there are other worse culprits, but his total lack of any sort of input is a real puzzle to me.

He had one good game playing off the striker earlier in the season, maybe Derby at home actually, but apart from that I find him mystifying. Stealing a living.

"Stealing a living"....stealing a fortune more like. I wouldn't care if we were paying hi £30k a year.

In all fairness, Monday night wasn't his worst showing. He had a few nice touches. However, he still gave the ball away a lot (including his first two possessions) and he added nothing to the game in terms of impetus, effectiveness or end product. Yes, LTC was worse on the day.

But this is just yet another game where Jenas has been on the pitch at some point but contributed nothing to proceedings. He's just relentlessly ineffective. I could be relentlessly ineffective. Christ, I'm pretty sure we could select anyone from the u18 to be relentlessly ineffective and I'm pretty sure their salary may have two fewer zeros on it each week.
Jenas watch on 07:43 - Feb 12 with 1982 viewsNeil_SI

The one observation I made about his cameo performance was the moment he appeared in the penalty box and right by the goal posts, as we went for an attack. It was the first time any midfielder had attempted to burst beyond the strikers.

I say burst loosely mind, but we've had that problem all season long, whether we play one up front or two. The only time we came close to really offering decent support was the win over Ipswich away when Niko Krjancar did manage to get up and alongside Charlie Austin very often.

As for Jenas, well, it's just another of those signings where a knee injury has clearly taken what was left in him, out of him. He's never been anywhere near the same and doesn't look like he can adapt to the capabilities of his body. For me, it would be more simple to tell him exactly how you want him to play and what type of midfielder you want him to be, and make him stick to it.

The first match he played for us, he sat more centrally and didn't move around so much, but got himself on the ball and used it well. That was his best moments, he's never repeated it, and they could find a way to if they instructed him properly.

On the flip side, those moments came in the Premier League, where we had opportunities to play more counter attacking football, and maybe that's part of the problem, that his skill set is more suited to a team set up to counter than one that has to break another team down.
Jenas watch on 08:33 - Feb 12 with 1933 viewsconnell10

HE IS SHITE....NEXT!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jenas watch on 12:16 - Feb 12 with 1837 viewsQPunkR

To clarify, I don't think he was the worst player on the pitch (that was Christmas Carroll by a mile, again) and am not picking him out. I just always count his touches whenever he comes on as it's always guaranteed to be a low number, and therefore easier to collate.
This only started after I noticed that, as Clive says, he's always as far from the action as it's possible to be while still 'looking' as if he might be involved. There was a point with a few minutes left where they broke from around the half way line and he was right next to the bloke with the ball. Ran with him for about 30 yards (I say with, I mean he started 2 feet away from him and eventually got further and further away) and then let him go completely. Nary a thought of putting any kind of pressure on the ball, let alone a tackle.
As Clive says, the man's stealing a living. And why Redknapp always, always brings him on in the last 10 minutes is completely beyond me

QPR - "shit but local"

Jenas watch on 12:25 - Feb 12 with 1827 viewsbosh67

Jenas watch on 11:58 - Feb 11 by Pommyhoop

To be fair this is from a genuine post match press conference transcription and the press's reactions to each explanation.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jenas watch on 13:12 - Feb 12 with 1787 viewsBeauRanger

Jenas watch on 12:22 - Feb 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree.

so do I...
Jenas watch on 14:41 - Feb 12 with 1701 viewsTacticalR

Watching Jenas. Like Waiting for Godot. The ultimate absurd act.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024