Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speed Awareness Course 09:17 - Mar 7 with 8521 viewsFergal

Sorry, can't find a simple answer online.

For anyone who has attended, did you get an option of dates?

Basically, I want to book to go to Arsenal, but, knowing my luck, I'll have to attend the course on that very day.

Thanks in advance.
Speed Awareness Course on 14:18 - Mar 8 with 1327 viewsJackfath

Speed Awareness Course on 14:15 - Mar 8 by DDCH

What has jumping lights got to do with a speed limit? Maybe if you were going faster you would be past the fox, dog or cat and never even see them cross the road......

Yeah maybe.

I would dare say that the majority of car accidents death at junctions cross roads were because the person was speeding and thought they would beat the lights.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Speed Awareness Course on 14:32 - Mar 8 with 1317 viewsDyfnant

I've been told alot of insurers now ask if you've been on a speed awareness course and penalise you the same as if you had the 3 points.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Speed Awareness Course on 14:32 - Mar 8 with 1317 viewsDDCH

Speed Awareness Course on 14:18 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

Yeah maybe.

I would dare say that the majority of car accidents death at junctions cross roads were because the person was speeding and thought they would beat the lights.

I have no evidence to back it up either way but a lot of people are 'amber gamblers' to use a 80's info film term. They will run an amber or just turned red light no matter what speed they are going if it impedes their progress.

I occasionally break the speed limit, often on motorways (especially places like the M50 when it is quiet) and consider myself to be a very competent driver having covered over 300k miles and never having any kind of incident (jinxed myself now). I would prefer enforcement to be more common sense based after recently seeing someone doing less than 30mph on the M1

Speeding is not always an issue but it is a nice little earner.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Speed Awareness Course on 17:08 - Mar 8 with 1271 viewsSwanzay

Speed Awareness Course on 14:32 - Mar 8 by Dyfnant

I've been told alot of insurers now ask if you've been on a speed awareness course and penalise you the same as if you had the 3 points.

Yes some do, but you not legally obliged to disclose such information so dont!
Speed Awareness Course on 17:18 - Mar 8 with 1254 viewsdgt73

Speed Awareness Course on 17:08 - Mar 8 by Swanzay

Exactly. If an insurance company asks you if you have been on a driving awareness course tell them NO simple as that. They have no right to know.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Speed Awareness Course on 17:22 - Mar 8 with 1252 viewsJackfath

What if they are asking as it will lower your premiums as you are now more aware of speed issues and therefore less likely to have an accident?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Speed Awareness Course on 17:25 - Mar 8 with 1246 viewsexiledclaseboy

Speed Awareness Course on 17:22 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

What if they are asking as it will lower your premiums as you are now more aware of speed issues and therefore less likely to have an accident?

Indeed. You're not legally obliged to tell them but if you don't and they find out in the event of a claim they'll be within their rights to refuse to pay that claim.

That said, I f*cking hate insurance companies so the more anyone screws out of them the better really.

Poll: Tory leader

Speed Awareness Course on 17:29 - Mar 8 with 1241 viewsDarran

Speed Awareness Course on 17:08 - Mar 8 by Swanzay

Yeah just don't tell them.

F*cking Christ how f*cking thick is this fella?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Speed Awareness Course on 17:29 - Mar 8 with 1239 viewsdgt73

Speed Awareness Course on 17:22 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

I doubt insurance companies are that stupid, they know they don't have any legal right to know, so probably wont ask you because even if you had been on such a course you could still say you haven't and as such the insurers would lose money.

Speed Awareness Course on 17:32 - Mar 8 with 1230 viewsSwanzay

Speed Awareness Course on 17:29 - Mar 8 by Darran

Yeah just don't tell them.

F*cking Christ how f*cking thick is this fella?

What are you on about?
Speed Awareness Course on 17:34 - Mar 8 with 1222 viewsDDCH

Speed Awareness Course on 17:29 - Mar 8 by dgt73

I doubt insurance companies are that stupid, they know they don't have any legal right to know, so probably wont ask you because even if you had been on such a course you could still say you haven't and as such the insurers would lose money.

As far as I am aware they can rate on any 'risk factors' they like. You could say you would not like to answer that question and it would be up to them if they chose to insure you. There would also be nothing stopping them rating a no answer the same as a yes answer in the formula they use to calculate the premium.

I am from the exiledclaseboy school of though here, and think car insurers are a bunch of dick-splashes

Speed Awareness Course on 17:43 - Mar 8 with 1209 viewsdgt73

Speed Awareness Course on 17:34 - Mar 8 by DDCH

As far as I am aware they can rate on any 'risk factors' they like. You could say you would not like to answer that question and it would be up to them if they chose to insure you. There would also be nothing stopping them rating a no answer the same as a yes answer in the formula they use to calculate the premium.

I am from the exiledclaseboy school of though here, and think car insurers are a bunch of dick-splashes

I don't really understand what you are saying. If you are asked just say no you haven't been on such a course as you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. The insurance company's do not have a right to know so don't tell them.

Speed Awareness Course on 17:48 - Mar 8 with 1204 viewsSwanzay

When I did the course about 2 years ago, Dorian, never forget his name after he bored the pants off me for the last 4 hours, stated that insurance companies can ask, but you do not have to disclose and there is no record kept of your attendance logged allegedly.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 17:48]
Speed Awareness Course on 17:52 - Mar 8 with 1198 viewsDarran

Speed Awareness Course on 17:48 - Mar 8 by Swanzay

When I did the course about 2 years ago, Dorian, never forget his name after he bored the pants off me for the last 4 hours, stated that insurance companies can ask, but you do not have to disclose and there is no record kept of your attendance logged allegedly.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 17:48]

There's a lot of gray areas.

Speed Awareness Course on 17:56 - Mar 8 with 1188 viewsSwanzay

Speed Awareness Course on 17:52 - Mar 8 by Darran

There's a lot of gray areas.

Your backtracking from your last statement.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 17:57]
Speed Awareness Course on 18:02 - Mar 8 with 1085 viewsDarran

Speed Awareness Course on 17:56 - Mar 8 by Swanzay

Your backtracking from your last statement.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 17:57]

There's a picture emerging here.

Speed Awareness Course on 18:15 - Mar 8 with 1071 viewsSwanzay

Speed Awareness Course on 18:02 - Mar 8 by Darran

There's a picture emerging here.

Oh another picture, cant wait!
Speed Awareness Course on 18:17 - Mar 8 with 1068 viewsMorfa_Same

I only learned three things on my course. The flashing matrix signs on the M4 are not legally enforceable but are simply a recommendation (I liked this one best). Dual carriageways have nothing to do with the number of lanes (nobody on my course knew that). Also the people running these courses are the most boring and patronising bastards on this earth.
Speed Awareness Course on 18:17 - Mar 8 with 1066 viewsDarran

Speed Awareness Course on 18:15 - Mar 8 by Swanzay

Oh another picture, cant wait!

It'll be a wilde one too.

Speed Awareness Course on 18:19 - Mar 8 with 1059 viewsSwanzay

Speed Awareness Course on 18:17 - Mar 8 by Darran

It'll be a wilde one too.

Well you enjoy yourself!
Speed Awareness Course on 18:20 - Mar 8 with 1055 viewsdgt73

Speed Awareness Course on 18:17 - Mar 8 by Morfa_Same

I only learned three things on my course. The flashing matrix signs on the M4 are not legally enforceable but are simply a recommendation (I liked this one best). Dual carriageways have nothing to do with the number of lanes (nobody on my course knew that). Also the people running these courses are the most boring and patronising bastards on this earth.

That's interesting always thought the matrix signs had to be followed.

Speed Awareness Course on 18:24 - Mar 8 with 1047 viewsMorfa_Same

Speed Awareness Course on 18:20 - Mar 8 by dgt73

That's interesting always thought the matrix signs had to be followed.

The ones that look like proper speed signs (with the number in a red ring) like on the M42 ARE legally enforceable however. I'm not sure why they were telling us all this though because the course is meant to slow us down.
Speed Awareness Course on 18:31 - Mar 8 with 1037 viewsDDCH

Speed Awareness Course on 17:43 - Mar 8 by dgt73

I don't really understand what you are saying. If you are asked just say no you haven't been on such a course as you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. The insurance company's do not have a right to know so don't tell them.

OK, this is how I understand it.

If you say No and you have then you have lied to them, and then they can argue that you purposely misrepresented yourself at the outset of the quote.

They have no legal right for you to give them an answer but if they choose to ask the question you can either give them the answer and they do with that information what they will, or refuse to answer.

If you intentionally lie then it would be possible for them to say part of the policy was founded upon false information.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 18:32]

Speed Awareness Course on 18:37 - Mar 8 with 1026 viewsdgt73

Speed Awareness Course on 18:31 - Mar 8 by DDCH

If you say No and you have then you have lied to them, and then they can argue that you purposely misrepresented yourself at the outset of the quote.

They have no legal right for you to give them an answer but if they choose to ask the question you can either give them the answer and they do with that information what they will, or refuse to answer.

If you intentionally lie then it would be possible for them to say part of the policy was founded upon false information.

Wrong. Its impossible for them to know unless someone is daft enough to tell them. Only tell them what you are legally obliged to tell them.

Speed Awareness Course on 18:40 - Mar 8 with 1022 viewsSwanzay

Speed Awareness Course on 18:31 - Mar 8 by DDCH

You do not have to disclose, as in you don't provide an answer, so you have not lied!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024