Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final 16:12 - Apr 9 with 4371 viewsmagicdaps10

is it right he played for us in the 1991 welsh cup final 2-0 win over Wrexham?

If so, what was the story behind that?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 16:23 - Apr 9 with 3279 viewsmorningstar

I was at that game and can't remember him playing, but I have checked and he is named as the sub! The only logical explanation I can come up with is that he was on the coaching staff at the time and registered as a player for the final due an injury crisis? I can see that Wrexham had 2 named subs, but we only had the one? Thats the best I can come up with. Good spot!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 18:20 - Apr 9 with 3161 viewsdgt73

Was it really 1991, fuk that's gone quick. I was there in the old arms park on a boiling hot day.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 19:30 - Apr 9 with 3071 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 16:23 - Apr 9 by morningstar

I was at that game and can't remember him playing, but I have checked and he is named as the sub! The only logical explanation I can come up with is that he was on the coaching staff at the time and registered as a player for the final due an injury crisis? I can see that Wrexham had 2 named subs, but we only had the one? Thats the best I can come up with. Good spot!

No he wasn't involved with the club at all that season.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 19:47 - Apr 9 with 3048 viewsmagicdaps10

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 19:30 - Apr 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

No he wasn't involved with the club at all that season.

Various reports to that game have him as a used sub.

Possibly involved due to a injury crisis!?

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:12 - Apr 9 with 3007 viewsmarchamjack

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 18:20 - Apr 9 by dgt73

Was it really 1991, fuk that's gone quick. I was there in the old arms park on a boiling hot day.

Was there too. Do you remember that there were 3 sets of fans spread out that day? Us and Wrexham and about 100 or so cardiff fans penned in by the police.

Charlo lives a few miles from me up here in Oxon, next to a very nice golf course, had a night out on the pss with him and Curt and Melville after a Swans Oxford game some years ago. He scored a couple of goals v Newport in the first match I ever saw the Swans. Him and Harry Griffiths presented my school team with medals after winning some cup back in the day (still got the photos somewhere).

No idea why he was on the bench though (if he was)...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:20 - Apr 9 with 2994 viewsswan65split

Hello Son..............................info here says he went on as sub

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Welsh_Cup_Final
Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:29 - Apr 9 with 2980 viewsRuDeMan1970

I was at the game and remember there being a small group of Cardiff fans who - obviously unimpressed with their home-town hosting a match between us and Wrexham - turned up to try and ruin the occasion. But I really cannot remember Jeremy Charles being with us then. I'd have thought he was either with Oxford or had finished playing by then.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:30 - Apr 9 with 2977 viewsJohnw102

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:20 - Apr 9 by swan65split

Yes but you check out this no record of him playing after QPR in 1987

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Charles

All very confusing.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:32 - Apr 9 with 2974 viewsSwanseajill

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:12 - Apr 9 by marchamjack

Was there too. Do you remember that there were 3 sets of fans spread out that day? Us and Wrexham and about 100 or so cardiff fans penned in by the police.

Charlo lives a few miles from me up here in Oxon, next to a very nice golf course, had a night out on the pss with him and Curt and Melville after a Swans Oxford game some years ago. He scored a couple of goals v Newport in the first match I ever saw the Swans. Him and Harry Griffiths presented my school team with medals after winning some cup back in the day (still got the photos somewhere).

Would that Oxford/Swans game be in January 93 Marcham?
I have everlasting memories of that game ...even though I never actually got to the ground to see it.
Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:46 - Apr 9 with 2941 viewsmarchamjack

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:32 - Apr 9 by Swanseajill

Would that Oxford/Swans game be in January 93 Marcham?
I have everlasting memories of that game ...even though I never actually got to the ground to see it.

No it wasn't that game, you're thinking of the FA Cup game at the Manor we won on pens I think ( I was there for that too)

Game I went out after the game with Charlo etc was some years later after Oxford had moved to the Kassam

What happened then to you to prevent you getting to the '93 match?

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:48 - Apr 9 with 2937 viewsdgt73

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:12 - Apr 9 by marchamjack

Can't remember cardiff fans in the ground if I'm honest. There was tho trouble outside the ground and I can remember I was in the lower tier fantastic day, boiling hot and shows just how far we've come.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 21:16 - Apr 9 with 2891 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:30 - Apr 9 by Johnw102

Yes but you check out this no record of him playing after QPR in 1987

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Charles

All very confusing.

I was an apprentice that season and cant for the life of me remember him being involved with the club at all that year.??

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 21:22 - Apr 9 with 2885 viewsSwanseajill

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:46 - Apr 9 by marchamjack

No it wasn't that game, you're thinking of the FA Cup game at the Manor we won on pens I think ( I was there for that too)

Game I went out after the game with Charlo etc was some years later after Oxford had moved to the Kassam

What happened then to you to prevent you getting to the '93 match?

Hubby took my nephew, I was in The Hammersmith hospital recovering from open heart surgery. Miffed that he was going, I asked "can you ring the ward with the result"
It got so late, I was worried. I asked the male nurse to let me know if he phoned and to get the result.
A very noisy old hospital but with excellent surgeons It must have been nearing midnight and I had headphones on to ease the noise of the ward, I was nodding off.. opened my eyes and the nurse was an inch away from my face telling me we had won on pens. The nurse gave me a fright.
The machines I was hooked up to...went berserk.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 21:25]
Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 21:34 - Apr 9 with 2864 viewsmarchamjack

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 21:22 - Apr 9 by Swanseajill

Hubby took my nephew, I was in The Hammersmith hospital recovering from open heart surgery. Miffed that he was going, I asked "can you ring the ward with the result"
It got so late, I was worried. I asked the male nurse to let me know if he phoned and to get the result.
A very noisy old hospital but with excellent surgeons It must have been nearing midnight and I had headphones on to ease the noise of the ward, I was nodding off.. opened my eyes and the nurse was an inch away from my face telling me we had won on pens. The nurse gave me a fright.
The machines I was hooked up to...went berserk.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 21:25]

So hubby went to footy while you were in hospital after open heart surgery...not sure Mrs MJ would be so understanding!

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 21:48 - Apr 9 with 2837 viewsSwanseajill

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 21:34 - Apr 9 by marchamjack

So hubby went to footy while you were in hospital after open heart surgery...not sure Mrs MJ would be so understanding!

No, he had been by my side for days.I talked him into going as I needed all the gen on the game the following day.
Andy Legg told the doorman at the players bar, that Gareth was his father. That's why after extra time, and gassing with the team he never contacted the hospital until late.
Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 17:38 - Apr 10 with 2585 viewsVARDREJACK

It was Paul Chalmers that came on as sub for Any Watson on 76 mins, Charles last game for the Swans was against Chelsea 22nd November 1983
Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 17:55 - Apr 10 with 2575 viewsmagicdaps10

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 17:38 - Apr 10 by VARDREJACK

It was Paul Chalmers that came on as sub for Any Watson on 76 mins, Charles last game for the Swans was against Chelsea 22nd November 1983

Were you at the game to 100% confirm it??

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 18:17 - Apr 10 with 2562 viewsBackHeel

Jeremy Charles had a very bad injury, when at QPR, and never played again....what ever happened to the next-in-line in the Charles legacy, are there any Charles's of the younger generation playing anywhere?
Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 18:32 - Apr 10 with 2544 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 17:55 - Apr 10 by magicdaps10

Were you at the game to 100% confirm it??

I was at the game .jeremy Charles did not play for Swansea City that season .

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:11 - Apr 10 with 2497 viewsBackHeel

the dynasty rolls on....Jake Charles, see http://passingpashion.wordpress.com/2014/04/10/charles-a-great-footballing-legac
Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:29 - Apr 10 with 2481 viewsScoobyWho

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 19:47 - Apr 9 by magicdaps10

Various reports to that game have him as a used sub.

Possibly involved due to a injury crisis!?

He def didn't play.
Remember that day ?
Thousands of jacks had the stripey black top on. First time I saw a decent Dutch mob too.

And the FAW said there were 5,000 there !
Jokers.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:32 - Apr 10 with 2475 viewsScoobyWho

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 20:20 - Apr 9 by swan65split

Def never happended.

I mean Charlo playing ;-)
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 20:35]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 10:19 - Apr 11 with 2356 viewsNatterjack

Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 18:32 - Apr 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

I was at the game .jeremy Charles did not play for Swansea City that season .

.... Is the right answer!

I can't remember much about the game but Charles defo didn't play
Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 10:48 - Apr 11 with 2344 viewsBrockley_Jack

There were a few thousand more there then than at his debut game. My first ever game at the Vetch against Newport. Won 4-1 and I'm sure he scored? Went to somerton park for the 2nd leg as well. Remember the 40 or so fellow jacks waiting for the return train back to Swansea when an announcement was made to warn swansea fans not to board the next train and to keep away from the edge of the platform.
It was rammed with scum coming back from Bristol city. They were lucky I was at the milk machine when their train stopped I can tell you!
Jeremy Charles 1991 welsh cup final on 11:39 - Apr 11 with 2319 viewsSwanzay

Didn't play and wasn't registered to play, had already retired because of injury. - From one of his nephews.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024