Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
for al those who don't want monk as manager 09:09 - May 4 with 6911 viewsdgt73

Simple question, who would you bring in then and how would they do a better job than Monk?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:15 - May 4 with 2885 viewsMagic_Michu

Marcelo Bielsa or Paul Clement,

Both these men have incredible experience at the very top level all over Europe playing a similar style of football to ourselves. They would come with incredible contacts and would be able to attract players to our club.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:20 - May 4 with 2867 viewsQuakerJack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:15 - May 4 by Magic_Michu

Both these men have incredible experience at the very top level all over Europe playing a similar style of football to ourselves. They would come with incredible contacts and would be able to attract players to our club.

Either of those, Uwe Rossler...

what I would do is open it up and see who applies. If Monk's the man he'll succeed in an open recruitment process.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:22 - May 4 with 2854 viewstomdickharry

Bielsa for me ,please no mention of him going to Marseilles,brilliant coach/Manager and a knowledge of the game far beyond anybody at our club.You don't survive as Manager of Argentina and Chile and not know your way around the football world.Would be his own man.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:24 - May 4 with 2843 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:15 - May 4 by Magic_Michu

And would these two guys come to swansea? And all this talk of contacts is nonsense as far as I'm concerned, look at tony pulis I doubt many players outside of this country have ever heard of him.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:25 - May 4 with 2830 viewsDarran

Great idea for a thread how one nobody else has thought of it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:26 - May 4 with 2828 viewsUxbridge

It shouldn't be a yes or no question about Monk. It should be who is the best man for the job. Sadly people seem to be turning it into a referendum on Monk, which is unfair to all sides.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:26 - May 4 with 2827 viewsQuakerJack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:22 - May 4 by tomdickharry

Bielsa for me ,please no mention of him going to Marseilles,brilliant coach/Manager and a knowledge of the game far beyond anybody at our club.You don't survive as Manager of Argentina and Chile and not know your way around the football world.Would be his own man.

Yeah I'm leaning that way as well. It's simple, we want to get as good a coach/manager as possible. If anyone thinks Monk is a better coach/manager than Bielsa then you should see someone urgently about that. There would be a risk that he may not fit but that's nowhere near the risk we're taking by employing Monk.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:28 - May 4 with 2807 viewsScoobyWho

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:24 - May 4 by dgt73

And would these two guys come to swansea? And all this talk of contacts is nonsense as far as I'm concerned, look at tony pulis I doubt many players outside of this country have ever heard of him.

How would they come to swansea ?
Jeez !
Money mate, thats what talks the loudest, ask Laudrup.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:29 - May 4 with 2806 viewscurleigh

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:20 - May 4 by QuakerJack

Either of those, Uwe Rossler...

what I would do is open it up and see who applies. If Monk's the man he'll succeed in an open recruitment process.

Exactly this, should have advertised to see what choices we would get, i think the board were afraid of who would come forward knowing they had already had Monk as their choice
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:31 - May 4 with 2790 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:25 - May 4 by Darran

Great idea for a thread how one nobody else has thought of it.

You're missing the point once again. As far as monk is concerned im sitting on the fence. The main thrust of the thread isn't about who people want as manager, but could they do a better job than monk and more importantly would they come to swansea in the first place.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:32 - May 4 with 2782 viewsDr_Winston

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:31 - May 4 by dgt73

You're missing the point once again. As far as monk is concerned im sitting on the fence. The main thrust of the thread isn't about who people want as manager, but could they do a better job than monk and more importantly would they come to swansea in the first place.

We'll never know if they'd come to Swansea until we ask them.

We haven't asked them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:34 - May 4 with 2775 viewsMagic_Michu

I would have thought we offer as big a pull as Marseille who currently sit 6th in the French League.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:36 - May 4 with 2766 viewsScoobyWho

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:31 - May 4 by dgt73

Based on that premis, anyone in the world is open to come to Swansea, when you pay the going rate you get the person you want. Putting a Monk in charge is akin to putting the helpful lady in your local post office in charge of a bank. She knows about stamps, tax discs and how it all works, but hasn't got a clue how to manage and talk through that process with people who have years of experience at that level.

Monk is already looking flakey and the pressure at the moment is off. What will he do when it really starts to hurt come November next season ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:37 - May 4 with 2762 viewsBorojack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:26 - May 4 by QuakerJack

Yeah I'm leaning that way as well. It's simple, we want to get as good a coach/manager as possible. If anyone thinks Monk is a better coach/manager than Bielsa then you should see someone urgently about that. There would be a risk that he may not fit but that's nowhere near the risk we're taking by employing Monk.

Maybe the job will get advertised just to appoint Monk is crazy.
Just waiting for the announcement now Monk with Oleary & Trundle as support staff.

We are a Premier League club and jobs for the boys is wrong.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:37 - May 4 with 2755 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:28 - May 4 by ScoobyWho

How would they come to swansea ?
Jeez !
Money mate, thats what talks the loudest, ask Laudrup.

Lol. If money is the driving force behind these two gentlemen, then one thing is for sure, they certainly won't end up at Swansea.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:38 - May 4 with 2743 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:32 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

We'll never know if they'd come to Swansea until we ask them.

We haven't asked them.

And do we know that for certain. ?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:41 - May 4 with 2732 viewsQuakerJack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:29 - May 4 by curleigh

Exactly this, should have advertised to see what choices we would get, i think the board were afraid of who would come forward knowing they had already had Monk as their choice

Exactly, if they advertised it they would not be able to justify giving it to Monk, hence they're doing it through the back door. Wrong in every way

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:41 - May 4 with 2732 viewseverytimeref

Bielsa is joining Marseille
[Post edited 4 May 2014 9:42]
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:45 - May 4 with 2692 viewsQuakerJack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:41 - May 4 by everytimeref

Bielsa is joining Marseille
[Post edited 4 May 2014 9:42]

Is that a done deal? He'd come to us over them, premier league over L1, and we'd compete financially due to tax. But who are we kidding, it's Monk's

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:49 - May 4 with 2666 viewsUxbridge

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:38 - May 4 by dgt73

We know nothing for certain. However to argue that we should appoint Monk because we don't know we could appoint anyone else is stupid on so many levels.

Of course we could attract someone else. We're a midtable outfit that has springboard two young managers to the Top 5. We'll never be as attractive again as we are right now.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:52 - May 4 with 2657 viewsDr_Winston

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:38 - May 4 by dgt73

Have you heard of anyone else being mentioned in discussions?

If Huw had interviewed anyone else, we'd know.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:53 - May 4 with 2649 viewsUxbridge

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:52 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

Have you heard of anyone else being mentioned in discussions?

If Huw had interviewed anyone else, we'd know.

There's interviews and putting out feelers. I'd be surprised if the latter hasn't happened in some form.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:01 - May 4 with 2618 viewsDr_Winston

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:53 - May 4 by Uxbridge

There's interviews and putting out feelers. I'd be surprised if the latter hasn't happened in some form.

The feeling since he was first given the role is that it was his to lose. I'd be surprised if anyone else has even been seriously discussed, let alone approached, no matter how informally.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:09 - May 4 with 2593 viewsUxbridge

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:01 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

The feeling since he was first given the role is that it was his to lose. I'd be surprised if anyone else has even been seriously discussed, let alone approached, no matter how informally.

Agree with the former to a point, and maybe it should been done as an appointment to the end of the season rather than forseeable future. Has the club been hoisted by its own petard? It's an interesting theory.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:18 - May 4 with 2561 viewsPhil_S

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:37 - May 4 by Borojack

Maybe the job will get advertised just to appoint Monk is crazy.
Just waiting for the announcement now Monk with Oleary & Trundle as support staff.

We are a Premier League club and jobs for the boys is wrong.

At our level you would never need to advertise a job surely?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024