Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Malky says sorry to Tan 14:20 - May 9 with 10223 viewsJackArmy07

you couldn't make it up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27338126

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:21 - May 9 with 4895 viewsBanosswan

The club that keeps giving!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:21 - May 9 with 4893 viewsscottishjack

He's got his next job sorted then?
Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:22 - May 9 with 4880 viewsDarran

Doesn't take a genius to see what that's all about.

How much was the pay off anyway?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:27 - May 9 with 4843 viewsreddythered

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:22 - May 9 by Darran

Doesn't take a genius to see what that's all about.

How much was the pay off anyway?

Doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Pay off? Probably got a settlement, but given the way the media championed Malky as treated badly by an evil foreigner, it would have to be a lot of cash for Malky to willingly lose that goodwill.

I guess maybe, just maybe Tan was right all along. Somehow I doubt most fans or media will see it that way.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:29 - May 9 with 4812 viewsItchySphincter

I wonder how much that cost VT then?

Makes mugs of a lot of the Manky supporters in the media. Maybe there was video evidence of the time Mank man handled him out of the dressing room when he came in to help with the team talk? With both sides publicly backing down maybe Ollie's about to get the chop. F8cking brilliant again from them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:32 - May 9 with 4789 viewsClinton

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:21 - May 9 by scottishjack

He's got his next job sorted then?

West ham ? Fat Sam rumoured to be in line for the bullet.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:33 - May 9 with 4785 viewsJackoBoostardo

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:27 - May 9 by reddythered

Doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Pay off? Probably got a settlement, but given the way the media championed Malky as treated badly by an evil foreigner, it would have to be a lot of cash for Malky to willingly lose that goodwill.

I guess maybe, just maybe Tan was right all along. Somehow I doubt most fans or media will see it that way.

What would make you think Tan was right all along? If I had a decent enough pay-off I would allow the pope to bum me. Malky's no different.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:33 - May 9 with 4776 viewsItchySphincter

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:32 - May 9 by Clinton

West ham ? Fat Sam rumoured to be in line for the bullet.

I announced that piece of news weeks ago.

Login to get fewer ads

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:38 - May 9 with 4737 viewsBaker

Of course, our board wouldn't use the same tactic with Loudstrop would they?

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:39 - May 9 with 4734 viewsreddythered

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:33 - May 9 by JackoBoostardo

What would make you think Tan was right all along? If I had a decent enough pay-off I would allow the pope to bum me. Malky's no different.

Malky's PR team have helped propagate the view in the media that he was treated appallingly. Sympathy vote, aiding his managerial prospects by intimating other events handcuffed him.

Apologising for the issues that led to his dismissal is a tacit admission he was in the wrong. As for the rest of his statement, could very easily be a face saving exercise to avoid any evidence the club had coming out into the media.

As it stands, his halo is 100% tarnished at the moment. If a court case had gone ahead, it could have ruined his career long term, potentially.

It would take a hell of a lot of money for Mackay to lose the media goodwill built up, especially since his admission of blame will cause club chairman to look at him differently.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:41 - May 9 with 4720 viewsJackoBoostardo

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:39 - May 9 by reddythered

Malky's PR team have helped propagate the view in the media that he was treated appallingly. Sympathy vote, aiding his managerial prospects by intimating other events handcuffed him.

Apologising for the issues that led to his dismissal is a tacit admission he was in the wrong. As for the rest of his statement, could very easily be a face saving exercise to avoid any evidence the club had coming out into the media.

As it stands, his halo is 100% tarnished at the moment. If a court case had gone ahead, it could have ruined his career long term, potentially.

It would take a hell of a lot of money for Mackay to lose the media goodwill built up, especially since his admission of blame will cause club chairman to look at him differently.

I don't think people are that naive in fairness.... especially club boards and chairmen who are looking for new managers. It's clear what has gone on here.

There are still many who believe the job Malky did at Cardiff was a good one and would recruit on this basis.
[Post edited 9 May 2014 14:42]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:45 - May 9 with 4690 viewsreddythered

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:41 - May 9 by JackoBoostardo

I don't think people are that naive in fairness.... especially club boards and chairmen who are looking for new managers. It's clear what has gone on here.

There are still many who believe the job Malky did at Cardiff was a good one and would recruit on this basis.
[Post edited 9 May 2014 14:42]

BBC article amended to reflect a settlement was agreed. Which is no admission of guilt by the club, given it's a standard tactic - settlement reduces legal bills longer term.

The fact Mackay apologised is telling.

People would look at Mackay's wasting of 35m in summer and re-evaluate his usefulness to their club.

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:47 - May 9 with 4677 viewsItchySphincter

Paid off mun, use your noggin.

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:49 - May 9 with 4668 viewsItchySphincter

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:45 - May 9 by reddythered

BBC article amended to reflect a settlement was agreed. Which is no admission of guilt by the club, given it's a standard tactic - settlement reduces legal bills longer term.

People would look at Mackay's wasting of 35m in summer and re-evaluate his usefulness to their club.

Like a said earlier, both sides backing down.

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:51 - May 9 with 4659 viewsorion3016

The pay off wouldn't have been much as tan felt Malky had already robbed him by taking bungs from transfers

Malky backed off to save his career and be appointed by Norwich but it's common knowledge that he's had his fingers in the till

Be over there now after

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:51 - May 9 with 4653 viewsJackoBoostardo

Not necessarily - Malky may have weighed up his options and decided a payout would result in not having to go down the legal route himself - as things are certainly dug up.

Don't think it's an admission of being crap by any means - instead it likely relates to any "offence" caused by his comments that he needed more money for players.

This will likely not effect any future job prospects - although I wouldn't expect to see him in the Premier League again any time soon.

By the way - any news on when you're getting David Jones back as manager?

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:54 - May 9 with 4634 viewsJackoBoostardo

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:51 - May 9 by orion3016

The pay off wouldn't have been much as tan felt Malky had already robbed him by taking bungs from transfers

Malky backed off to save his career and be appointed by Norwich but it's common knowledge that he's had his fingers in the till

Let's look at things this way - if this went to litigation and courts then sh1t about both parties would be flying around. However, Tan would be forced to admit his meddling in the team and a number of other sh1t nuggets in court.

He could claim this was done in the best interests of the club now to make him look heroic.

Guess we won't know what the pay-out is until the accounts are released next year.

Malky says sorry to Tan on 15:00 - May 9 with 4594 viewsUxbridge

Not really.

Tan: We'll pay up in full if you publicly take the blame. Deal?
Malky: Aye, go on then.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Malky says sorry to Tan on 15:02 - May 9 with 4581 viewsTom1912

Malky gets his payout and is ready to take the Norwich job and Tan saves a bit of face with a public apology. Both sides avoid going to court and prevent further dirt coming out. Everybody wins.

Blatant for all to see and naive to think otherwise.
Malky says sorry to Tan on 15:02 - May 9 with 4580 viewspencoedjack

Malky says sorry to Tan on 14:51 - May 9 by JackoBoostardo

Not necessarily - Malky may have weighed up his options and decided a payout would result in not having to go down the legal route himself - as things are certainly dug up.

Don't think it's an admission of being crap by any means - instead it likely relates to any "offence" caused by his comments that he needed more money for players.

This will likely not effect any future job prospects - although I wouldn't expect to see him in the Premier League again any time soon.

By the way - any news on when you're getting David Jones back as manager?

I don't believe for 1 minute that any future employer of MacKay would take any notice of his dismissal from the Bassey's .

Delia ... Hey Malky we got a managers position going fancy it ?

MM ... Cant Delia love, got a upcoming court case with the lunatic running the asylum in SE Wales.

Delia ... These far Eastern types like to save a little face, say you'll give him an apology, he'll give you a couple of million pay off, I'll give your the hot seat down here. You can really p1ss him off taking us up next season.

MM ... Great plan I'll get on my solicitor now.
Malky says sorry to Tan on 15:04 - May 9 with 4563 viewsBlasterJack

Everything I read about that club at the moment makes me shudder.

What a facking sorry mess.

If they fell in a barrel of tits, they would come out sucking their thumb.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Malky says sorry to Tan on 15:09 - May 9 with 4537 viewsBaker

Malky says sorry to Tan on 15:02 - May 9 by pencoedjack

I don't believe for 1 minute that any future employer of MacKay would take any notice of his dismissal from the Bassey's .

Delia ... Hey Malky we got a managers position going fancy it ?

MM ... Cant Delia love, got a upcoming court case with the lunatic running the asylum in SE Wales.

Delia ... These far Eastern types like to save a little face, say you'll give him an apology, he'll give you a couple of million pay off, I'll give your the hot seat down here. You can really p1ss him off taking us up next season.

MM ... Great plan I'll get on my solicitor now.

*logs on to Paddy Power*

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Malky says sorry to Tan on 15:14 - May 9 with 4508 viewsNeath_Jack

Anyone who thinks this anything other than a bought silence/joking apology is barking mad.

Tan - Let's settle this out of court, say sorry, and i'll throw in another couple of £K's.
Malky - F*ck aye, nae problem wee man.

Tan thinks he's saving a bit of face (in his world).
Malky is laughing to the bank and to his next appointment.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Malky says sorry to Tan on 15:19 - May 9 with 4486 viewsllangyfelach

Imagine if this story broke before Monk had been appointed?! This forum would have been burrrillliant

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Malky says sorry to Tan on 15:31 - May 9 with 4424 viewsreddythered

Tan unhappy after summer. That's documented by his own statements.
Moody fired, paid off for the year.
Mackay fired, goes the legal route as a man of principles using media PR.
Macky turns tact, apologising profusely. Don't see such a man of principles doing that since he was so gungho in defending himself and Moody's activities.

EDIT: The whole "Tan throwing money to save face" predicates upon the fact Tan cares. Given Tan had previously stated the truth about Mackay would come out in time, don't see him suddenly capitulating.
Settlement to stop the legal action, which was almost certainly Mackay's goal. After all, went to court could well have been damaging to Mackay and Moody but also to the club since both were working for CCFC. Maybe the fallout from that was to be avoided.
[Post edited 9 May 2014 15:32]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024