Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA on scudamore - right or wrong 12:42 - May 13 with 2995 viewsjackb

I think I know who's going to say what on this but what's the opinions on whether the FA got this right or wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27374224
FA on scudamore - right or wrong on 13:27 - May 13 with 2962 viewsmonmouth

What did he say?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FA on scudamore - right or wrong on 17:18 - May 13 with 2872 viewsjackb

something about gash & shafts & emotions I think, oh and skinny big titted girls
FA on scudamore - right or wrong on 02:51 - May 15 with 2789 viewsGlyn1

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/14/premier-league-richard-scud

The man is an absolute hypocrite. Here's a bit from the above article:

"...Having said all that, what if Scudamore were to be judged according to his own standards? You see, even as he was brushing off the incident with his non-apology apology, a bell was ringing in my head. It was not three years ago that all Premier League funding was rescinded from the fan empowerment organisation Supporters Direct, on the basis of a few swearily abusive tweets sent by its chief executive minutes after AFC Wimbledon's promotion to the Football League. (Supporters Direct helps fans establish supporters' trusts, and in one of those corporate fig-leaf deals that sees McDonald's donate a minuscule percentage of its gazillions to the occasional public health project, it is overwhelmingly funded by the Premier League.)

"The Bible can f*** off," opined the euphoric Supporters Direct chairman [and also AFC Wimbledon fan] Dave Boyle, "this is the greatest story ever told." The MK Dons chairman was a "cowardly cheating idiot". The lawyer who sat on the FA commission that approved the Milton Keynes relocation was judged something apparently unprintable. And for those spur-of-the-moment, soon-deleted transgressions, the Premier League's crucial funding was withdrawn from Supporters Direct with immediate effect.

It didn't matter to Scudamore that Boyle offered a mortified apology. Almost unbelievably, it didn't matter that he then resigned in a desperate bid to safeguard the organisation to which he had given more than 10 years' service. Scudmore's outfit still pulled every penny, via its satellite the Football Stadia Improvement Fund, leaving Supporters Direct's 10 dedicated staff petrified that they would soon have no jobs. This financial torture of the organisation lasted months.

So that is the sort of man who runs the Premier League — petulant, spiteful, imperious, devoid of a sense of proportion, and nakedly contemptuous of anyone trying to represent the ordinary fan..."

(PS Some of you with long memories may remember David Boyle. The formation of the Swansea trust, and advice on managing the club's then financial crisis, was Boyle's first case at Supporters Direct.)
[Post edited 15 May 2014 2:58]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024