Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Swansea Night Clubs 07:13 - May 15 with 162631 viewsLord_Bony

Hey Anyone have any memories of the plethora of clubs on offer in the 70s80s90s? The good the bad and the ugly.

My personal fave was Barons...had some brilliant times there...REALLY miss that place

Here's some from about 20 years ago

http://www.moremusic.co.uk/swansea/swanclub.htm

[Post edited 15 May 2014 7:19]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 00:59 - Jan 2 with 1601 viewsPlankton

Worked for 2.5 years in Ritzy & Central Park in the late eighties early nineties heyday as a barman, brilliant times.
Also worked in Mothers for six months after that which then became the original Quids Inn.
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 09:12 - Jan 2 with 1478 viewsonehunglow

Poignant to see a lord bony post.
RIP Paul

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 10:01 - Jan 2 with 1440 viewsbuilthjack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 09:12 - Jan 2 by onehunglow

Poignant to see a lord bony post.
RIP Paul

Agree with that. A good mod and general nice guy. RIP.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 19:53 - Jan 2 with 1296 viewsCatullus

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 10:01 - Jan 2 by builthjack

Agree with that. A good mod and general nice guy. RIP.

yep, I had several PM exchanges with him and he seemed like a top bloke. Sadly missed.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 20:09 - Jan 2 with 1274 viewsmagicdaps10

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 00:59 - Jan 2 by Plankton

Worked for 2.5 years in Ritzy & Central Park in the late eighties early nineties heyday as a barman, brilliant times.
Also worked in Mothers for six months after that which then became the original Quids Inn.

You were slightly before my time but I was talking today about how the kids these days will never have the chance to experience Ritzys, place in its day was a must for anyone to visit.

Port Talbot on a Friday, Swansea in a Saturday and Neath on a Sunday........i sit here today and look back wondering how I did it 🙈

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 23:34 - Jan 2 with 1235 viewsbritferry

Theres a waste of a building now, the old Valbonne / Escape place on Northampton Lane, you got the slots but the rest is rotting away.... even the downstairs City Tavern and more recently Jubiley's are empty

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 01:39 - Jan 3 with 1221 viewsKeithHaynes

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 20:09 - Jan 2 by magicdaps10

You were slightly before my time but I was talking today about how the kids these days will never have the chance to experience Ritzys, place in its day was a must for anyone to visit.

Port Talbot on a Friday, Swansea in a Saturday and Neath on a Sunday........i sit here today and look back wondering how I did it 🙈

You had a car ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 03:45 - Jan 3 with 1198 viewsJack123

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 23:34 - Jan 2 by britferry

Theres a waste of a building now, the old Valbonne / Escape place on Northampton Lane, you got the slots but the rest is rotting away.... even the downstairs City Tavern and more recently Jubiley's are empty

I used to love those places, Can't see them ever being a nightclub again, that part of town seems dead..

Hmm I remember the Valbornne, it wasn't that big, I would think they are waiting for the slots place to close, and redevelop, a massive one all of Northampton Lane.

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 10:00 - Jan 3 with 1135 viewsmagicdaps10

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 01:39 - Jan 3 by KeithHaynes

You had a car ?

I did but never drove 24 hours after those days......those were the days before the daily grind.

Great days.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 10:09 - Jan 3 with 1131 viewsFireboy2

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 03:45 - Jan 3 by Jack123

I used to love those places, Can't see them ever being a nightclub again, that part of town seems dead..

Hmm I remember the Valbornne, it wasn't that big, I would think they are waiting for the slots place to close, and redevelop, a massive one all of Northampton Lane.

Ahh that photo brings back memories mate 😁👍

[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 10:10]
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 11:01 - Jan 3 with 1103 viewscontroversial_jack

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 23:34 - Jan 2 by britferry

Where's Studio 95?
Old Swansea Night Clubs on 17:54 - Jan 3 with 1011 viewsbritferry

Old Swansea Night Clubs on 11:01 - Jan 3 by controversial_jack

Where's Studio 95?

down the lane, take a left at steak-by-night and it was the other side of Mansel St, so a friend tells me.

What could brighten up that area is when they finish the Albert Hall as a new music venue.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024