Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ki's 'welcome' home 12:24 - Jul 1 with 3127 viewsWantagejack

The South Koreans were pelted with toffees at the airport on returning home after the World Cup - a South Korean insult. He'll probably be glad to get back to South Wales.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/world-cup-2014-cardiff

Ki's 'welcome' home on 12:25 - Jul 1 with 3120 viewsNeath_Jack

He probably caught them and passed them five yards to the side.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ki's 'welcome' home on 13:43 - Jul 1 with 2918 viewsLeonisGod

Ki's 'welcome' home on 12:25 - Jul 1 by Neath_Jack

He probably caught them and passed them five yards to the side.

Thus retaining control of the toffee with eloquent simplicity.
Ki's 'welcome' home on 13:47 - Jul 1 with 2904 viewsJackSomething

Ki's 'welcome' home on 13:43 - Jul 1 by LeonisGod

While never ever putting the toffee anywhere that it could do anything significant.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ki's 'welcome' home on 13:52 - Jul 1 with 2879 viewsLeonisGod

Ki's 'welcome' home on 13:47 - Jul 1 by JackSomething

While never ever putting the toffee anywhere that it could do anything significant.

Or maybe passing the toffee to someone who is better placed to do something significant with it?

More importantly if Ki were a toffee what flavour would he be? Plain probably.
Ki's 'welcome' home on 13:59 - Jul 1 with 2857 viewsJackSomething

Ki's 'welcome' home on 13:52 - Jul 1 by LeonisGod

Or maybe passing the toffee to someone who is better placed to do something significant with it?

More importantly if Ki were a toffee what flavour would he be? Plain probably.

If he could do that regularly, he'd be a great long-term replacement for Leon. I'm yet to be convinced, although will be delighted to be proved wrong.

As for what flavour toffee? Marmite.

Ki's 'welcome' home on 14:08 - Jul 1 with 2831 viewsstevethejack

He can't score for toffee though
Ki's 'welcome' home on 14:18 - Jul 1 with 2805 viewsParlay

Ki's 'welcome' home on 13:43 - Jul 1 by LeonisGod

Whilst significantly slowing down the return of attack

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Ki's 'welcome' home on 14:58 - Jul 1 with 2732 viewsLeonisGod

Ki's 'welcome' home on 13:59 - Jul 1 by JackSomething

If he could do that regularly, he'd be a great long-term replacement for Leon. I'm yet to be convinced, although will be delighted to be proved wrong.

As for what flavour toffee? Marmite.

I think I'm with you on this one. He's a useful water carrier, who shows glimpses of great composure and vision. But where is he most effective in our system? It has to be as a replacement for Leon, but he needs more bite to his game to be effective. Does he offer more than Shelvey or JdG beside Leon - not at the moment. He's too similar to Leon and not as effective as Shelvey or JdG going forward. And we've certainly better options in the advance central midfield role. So I can't see him as anything other than a back-up if we retain him. Last year was when we needed him; when the fixtures were piling up and we were riddled with injuries.

If we get JdG back, I don't see the reason to keep him. Especially as we have a couple of youngsters coming through.
Login to get fewer ads

Ki's 'welcome' home on 15:02 - Jul 1 with 2713 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If Ki had played the majority of our games last season and was as average as Leon was there'd have been a lynch mob outside his door and demanding he fly back to South Korea and never return.

The bias from our supporters towards certain members of the squad / staff is mind boggling.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ki's 'welcome' home on 15:05 - Jul 1 with 2707 viewsJackSomething

Ki's 'welcome' home on 15:02 - Jul 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If Ki had played the majority of our games last season and was as average as Leon was there'd have been a lynch mob outside his door and demanding he fly back to South Korea and never return.

The bias from our supporters towards certain members of the squad / staff is mind boggling.

I thought you'd have realised by now that nobody is biting on these 'Leon was crap last season' posts, but you're still trying. New material needed.

Ki's 'welcome' home on 15:15 - Jul 1 with 2688 viewsmarchamjack

you think you like toffees as you remember them and you talk fondly about them now you don't have them anymore, and you think you'd even like some toffees agaian because it's been some time since you had a toffee...but toffees are not as good as you recall, they're ok, but not great, and really, if you thought about it properly, you'd be better off getting some sherbert dib dabs

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Ki's 'welcome' home on 15:23 - Jul 1 with 2651 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ki's 'welcome' home on 15:05 - Jul 1 by JackSomething

I thought you'd have realised by now that nobody is biting on these 'Leon was crap last season' posts, but you're still trying. New material needed.

I didn't say Leon was crap. I said he was average. He wasn't the same Leon of old. He is in decline and he should not be our starting CDM.

I'm not looking for bites. This isn't a wind up attempt. I know people agree with me but are unlikely to post their agreements because Leon is untouchable.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ki's 'welcome' home on 15:41 - Jul 1 with 2625 viewsItchySphincter

Ki's 'welcome' home on 15:23 - Jul 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I didn't say Leon was crap. I said he was average. He wasn't the same Leon of old. He is in decline and he should not be our starting CDM.

I'm not looking for bites. This isn't a wind up attempt. I know people agree with me but are unlikely to post their agreements because Leon is untouchable.

You're getting Leon confused with Canas mun. Leon had an unspectacular but solid season in a side struggling for form. KSY is nowhere near the quality of Leon in that particular role. His competition is more likely to be JDG or JJS for a place and compared to JDG in particular it's like comparing a Ford Orion to a Rolls Royce.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ki's 'welcome' home on 16:07 - Jul 1 with 2569 viewsJBT95

Didn't Leon have an operation recently?
Ki's 'welcome' home on 18:03 - Jul 1 with 2460 views1jack

I like the way some people think they know better than Rodgers, Laudrup and Monk.
Ki's 'welcome' home on 18:12 - Jul 1 with 2447 viewsTom1912

Leon was far from average last season. Maybe not his best for us with the odd mistake creeping in, but we were a noticeably worse side without him in it.
Ki's 'welcome' home on 18:44 - Jul 1 with 2403 viewsSwansNZ

Ki's 'welcome' home on 15:05 - Jul 1 by JackSomething

Don’t forget, DYSS said Routs and Dyer were below average PL players. So when he say Leon was average, I think that’s a compliment — certainly one of the nicest things he has said about a Swansea player

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ki's 'welcome' home on 19:27 - Jul 1 with 2348 viewsquiff

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as Dwight, Leon had an average season last year, Canas was no worse and the reaction was markedly different, for largley understandable reasons mind.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Ki's 'welcome' home on 19:34 - Jul 1 with 2327 viewsDr_Winston

Britton wasn't great for significant chunks of last season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ki's 'welcome' home on 19:36 - Jul 1 with 2315 viewsDrizzle

Ki's 'welcome' home on 19:27 - Jul 1 by quiff

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as Dwight, Leon had an average season last year, Canas was no worse and the reaction was markedly different, for largley understandable reasons mind.

Canas was decent enough until Laudrup got canned. He was abysmal after that.
Ki's 'welcome' home on 19:39 - Jul 1 with 2307 viewsskippyjack

DYSS is actually right.. He actually watches football.. And understands the fundementals.. People see Brittons strengths but not his weaknesses.. The same people see KSY's weaknesses but not his strengths.. Yet Britton doesn't get criticism.. The same people would then agree with Britton if he personally came out and said he wasn't good last season..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ki's 'welcome' home on 06:18 - Jul 2 with 2107 viewsItchySphincter

Ki's 'welcome' home on 19:27 - Jul 1 by quiff

Ridiculous, Canas was terrible and the clamour for his inclusion over Leon was mind blowing. Cos he was fee see, must be good value. Cr@p, absolute cr@p.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024