Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Shelvey conundrum 19:24 - Dec 14 with 12069 viewsParlay

As most on here may know, there has been a great debate about the intelligence of Shelvey letting his game down and contributing to him not getting a starting berth. Apparently according to one or two, that opinion of him is wrong.

Today opitomised exactly that for me. He came on and pinged some superb long passes around the park and then undid it with a complete brainless moment where he dropped deep to pick up the ball, so deep he was actually now the last line of defence, plenty of safe areas and open payers to pass to and he tries to beat the striker?! Needless to say he lost the ball and was now a one on one situation and having then to chase back, even then, he dived in from behind and almost gave away a penalty (and certain red card)?!

Space left, space right and even space in behind the defence to Bony.

Superbly naturally talented player but one of the most thoughtless players out there. This is why Monk cannot trust him with a starting berth at present.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 19:26]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

The Shelvey conundrum on 15:54 - Dec 15 with 1674 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 15:42 - Dec 15 by Batterseajack

Trouble with Shelvey, people see him as the complete package because he looks a bit older than 22. As he matures he'll be a top class player and certainly one to keep hold of.

Not sure thats true, i think everyone is aware of his age. Shelvey's problem his talent and his performances just don't match up. He is young but he is certainly not inexperienced - he has had over 150 professional league matches alone and about 100 of them in the Premier League. Thats not counting his european matches and domestic cups.

He reminds me a bit of Adel Taarabt and Ravel Morrison, all the ability in the world, and to Jonjo's credit, unlike the other two i don't think its attitude that isn't sparking his ability and his brain to work together in synch, he just doesn't seem to recognise dangerous situations in even the most obvious scenario... Like yesterday.

Ive continuously made the point that what jonjo lacks in foresight and anticipation, he may have to make up for in sheer match experience and learn on the job as it were. If he can learn and get his brain clicking over for 90 mins then he will be an England regular and a champions league quality player.

So on the basis of the last point, in a results based industry, clubs are going to be reluctant to let such a slow slow learner make these repeated mistakes week in week out in the hope he learns from them. Thats why i believe Monk starts with the far more dependable Ki and Britton although neither offer the dynamism that Jonjo does. Its a hard balancing act, but for me, monk has it right.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 15:56]

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 15:57 - Dec 15 with 1662 viewsSenhin

Why do we say people have "learning disABILITIES" if ability doesn't take intelligence into account?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:05 - Dec 15 with 1652 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 15:47 - Dec 15 by C_jack

Oh ok, so now you're about to tell us that ability is purely physical, right? So you've not criticised any of his abilities by continuing to talk rubbish about his 'football intelligence'?

Ahh that's ok then, it's clear what you're implying by using an outdated caricature, not to mention you've called him 'thick' in the past. It's petulant, and more so strange as it's something you'd expect from a rival fan, but you crack on.

C jack, you have not understood this debate from word one. You couldn't comprehend that you can play some nice long range passes and still lack footballing intelligence. You then couldn't understand the link between Elmer Fudd and what we were discussing.

Funny that you always seem to "misunderstand" and take the ridiculous minority opinion when im involved isnt it. coincidence i guess

Now then you say claiming he has great technical ability and potential but lacking footballing intelligence is "talking rubbish" but you do understand this is the majority opinion of Jonjo from people that have watched him throughout his career right? or do you think they just "have the opinion of a rival fan" too?

Stop making yourself look silly now. If you have a counter, then by all means lets hear it, but saying the footballing world is talking rubbish in a typical anti parlay way isnt doing your cause too much good. Contribute properly now good boy.

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:10 - Dec 15 with 1643 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 15:57 - Dec 15 by Senhin

Why do we say people have "learning disABILITIES" if ability doesn't take intelligence into account?

Because you are ignoring the word before it. Learning ability or learning disability is an ability or inability to learn.

Footballing ability, Shelvey has bags of it.. footballing intelligence he is unfortunately not so blessed.

Lets not try and be pathetically pedantic over something which is so obviously the case. Recognised the country over.

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:28 - Dec 15 with 1607 viewsC_jack

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:05 - Dec 15 by Parlay

C jack, you have not understood this debate from word one. You couldn't comprehend that you can play some nice long range passes and still lack footballing intelligence. You then couldn't understand the link between Elmer Fudd and what we were discussing.

Funny that you always seem to "misunderstand" and take the ridiculous minority opinion when im involved isnt it. coincidence i guess

Now then you say claiming he has great technical ability and potential but lacking footballing intelligence is "talking rubbish" but you do understand this is the majority opinion of Jonjo from people that have watched him throughout his career right? or do you think they just "have the opinion of a rival fan" too?

Stop making yourself look silly now. If you have a counter, then by all means lets hear it, but saying the footballing world is talking rubbish in a typical anti parlay way isnt doing your cause too much good. Contribute properly now good boy.

Is your first language Arabic? serious question as you seem to have problems reading, more so from left to right. Great cut and paste job though from about 10 different post, far easier to weasel from than reading what was actually posted

Majority opinion? go on, show us all your sources (and arrows). We should be on page 21042 before we get a majority.

The trait of a rival fan is the comparison a circa 1940's cartoon character to highlight negative traits, specifically in regards to intelligence, nothing to do with what you said,but you already know that.

Have you decided to report back on your assigned research on 'emotional intelligence' yet?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:29 - Dec 15 with 1641 viewsC_jack

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:10 - Dec 15 by Parlay

Because you are ignoring the word before it. Learning ability or learning disability is an ability or inability to learn.

Footballing ability, Shelvey has bags of it.. footballing intelligence he is unfortunately not so blessed.

Lets not try and be pathetically pedantic over something which is so obviously the case. Recognised the country over.

2 (including yourself) as you have no means to prove that sentence isn't a load of bollox.

So that's a majority opinion, when there are 3 people with such opinion.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 16:30]

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:36 - Dec 15 with 1618 viewsSenhin

Parley, no one is denying that Shelvey isn't dim when it comes to general intelligence. Nor are they debating is football intelligence isn't good when it comes to defending, concentration or most things. But vision is still a mental attribute and he does have good vision, so he does have some football intelligence... Just not a lot and only in some aspects.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:56 - Dec 15 with 1590 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:28 - Dec 15 by C_jack

Is your first language Arabic? serious question as you seem to have problems reading, more so from left to right. Great cut and paste job though from about 10 different post, far easier to weasel from than reading what was actually posted

Majority opinion? go on, show us all your sources (and arrows). We should be on page 21042 before we get a majority.

The trait of a rival fan is the comparison a circa 1940's cartoon character to highlight negative traits, specifically in regards to intelligence, nothing to do with what you said,but you already know that.

Have you decided to report back on your assigned research on 'emotional intelligence' yet?

What a load of Parlay obsessive guff.

Cut and paste? 10 places? What? I have shown you ONE external report suggesting this is the case and is the view that Liverpool fans have also. Read it.

So now then, can you show me something from a reputable source rather than just you, telling us all about Shelveys superb game intelligence and hiw we are all just imagining him doing stupid things.

Dont be shy now.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:00 - Dec 15 with 1585 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:29 - Dec 15 by C_jack

2 (including yourself) as you have no means to prove that sentence isn't a load of bollox.

So that's a majority opinion, when there are 3 people with such opinion.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 16:30]

Which part of "regular liverpool watchers" is confusing you?

Nearly everybody on this thread has accepted he lacks footballing intelligence.

Tell us why we are all wrong C jack and you and skippy (two posters who continuously fail to understand the simplest of things) are correct.

Im listening.... Scoff.

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:01 - Dec 15 with 1581 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 16:36 - Dec 15 by Senhin

Parley, no one is denying that Shelvey isn't dim when it comes to general intelligence. Nor are they debating is football intelligence isn't good when it comes to defending, concentration or most things. But vision is still a mental attribute and he does have good vision, so he does have some football intelligence... Just not a lot and only in some aspects.

Yes they are.

C jack apparently disagrees and thinks that anyone suggesting the obvious holds the opinion of a rival club rather than just talking sense.

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:15 - Dec 15 with 1561 viewskarnataka

The Shelvey conundrum on 14:59 - Dec 15 by A_Fans_Dad

If a sub had to be made and that is very debatable, it made much more sense to sub Shelvey for Ki who was already on a Yellow andto keep Leon as defensive mid.
If I was Nathan I would be seriously thinking about a move, he has been far more effective for the team on the right wing than Routledge but can't get a start or even a sub during some games.
But I think Barrow would have been even more effective going up against Ben, he would have ripped past him leaving the only option for Ben to bring him down.

I think that's a good point about Barrow but surely he should have been let loose on Kyle Walker who was already on a yellow? Walker came very close to getting a second on a couple of occasions but would surely have scythed down Barrow more than once too. I'm not advocating trying to get players sent off but Walker would have been in a position where he wouldn't have been able to make any rash tackles so either he does and gets a second yellow or Barrow goes past him every time.
The Shelvey conundrum on 17:34 - Dec 15 with 1550 viewsParlay

N/t
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 17:37]

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:36 - Dec 15 with 1545 viewsC_jack

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:00 - Dec 15 by Parlay

Which part of "regular liverpool watchers" is confusing you?

Nearly everybody on this thread has accepted he lacks footballing intelligence.

Tell us why we are all wrong C jack and you and skippy (two posters who continuously fail to understand the simplest of things) are correct.

Im listening.... Scoff.

You have failed to understand (and accept) that football is a high decision making game and that such decisions are not confined to scenarios without the ball. You'll now tell us that decision making has nothing to do with intelligence. Nobody has to think to do anything, the ball moves of it's own free will. Scoff.

You have failed to understand that a sentence containing the words 'regular watchers', does not back up your inane claim that the majority of the football world is with you.

You have failed to acknowledge that Jonjo's inconsistency in performance , is more to do with his inability to focus and maintain concentration, of which his 'game intelligence' has very little to do with. It's a lack of application, not understanding.

If we take into account your complete disregard for his 'game intelligence', then as soon as the game kicks off he would just stand still, for 90 minutes, doing nothing, because he lacks the understanding to do so. How he got to be a premier league player, must be a complete mystery to the majority of the footballing world. SCOFF.

In fact you've failed to understand most things, including how to read and respond to arguments, as opposed to selecting and marrying different posts together. Scoff.

In summary, and try and read this as It appears to you in print. Jonjo's limitations are psychological, and nothing to do with a lack of 'game intelligence'.

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:38 - Dec 15 with 1531 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:36 - Dec 15 by C_jack

You have failed to understand (and accept) that football is a high decision making game and that such decisions are not confined to scenarios without the ball. You'll now tell us that decision making has nothing to do with intelligence. Nobody has to think to do anything, the ball moves of it's own free will. Scoff.

You have failed to understand that a sentence containing the words 'regular watchers', does not back up your inane claim that the majority of the football world is with you.

You have failed to acknowledge that Jonjo's inconsistency in performance , is more to do with his inability to focus and maintain concentration, of which his 'game intelligence' has very little to do with. It's a lack of application, not understanding.

If we take into account your complete disregard for his 'game intelligence', then as soon as the game kicks off he would just stand still, for 90 minutes, doing nothing, because he lacks the understanding to do so. How he got to be a premier league player, must be a complete mystery to the majority of the footballing world. SCOFF.

In fact you've failed to understand most things, including how to read and respond to arguments, as opposed to selecting and marrying different posts together. Scoff.

In summary, and try and read this as It appears to you in print. Jonjo's limitations are psychological, and nothing to do with a lack of 'game intelligence'.

Hey C Jack. I just had a look on the LFC forum to check out their thoughts on the Shelvey transfer. I got to page 1 (yes one) of the thread and already had enough screenshots to fill a screenshot donations bank. Enjoy.

Every single example pointing to his LACK OF GAME INTELLIGENCE, or, LACK OF GAME IQ.

If you want me to go onto page 2 just ask. Then you can tell all of us how we are wrong and you and skippy are right.

Scoff.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 17:43]

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:57 - Dec 15 with 1492 viewsC_jack

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:38 - Dec 15 by Parlay

Hey C Jack. I just had a look on the LFC forum to check out their thoughts on the Shelvey transfer. I got to page 1 (yes one) of the thread and already had enough screenshots to fill a screenshot donations bank. Enjoy.

Every single example pointing to his LACK OF GAME INTELLIGENCE, or, LACK OF GAME IQ.

If you want me to go onto page 2 just ask. Then you can tell all of us how we are wrong and you and skippy are right.

Scoff.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 17:43]

You haven't even read it, good lawd.

"Rash tackles, urgency and impetuousness"

"Improve game intelligence and some sort of SELF CONTROL"

"Too inconsistent and wreck less"

"A mental thing with Jonjo as evidenced by rash challenges"

"stupid senseless fouls"

Oh sorry we've got one post talking about decision making and how Brendan had to walk him through the game

a lack of application, not a lack of understanding.

Absolute plum.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 17:57]

The Shelvey conundrum on 18:12 - Dec 15 with 1469 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:57 - Dec 15 by C_jack

You haven't even read it, good lawd.

"Rash tackles, urgency and impetuousness"

"Improve game intelligence and some sort of SELF CONTROL"

"Too inconsistent and wreck less"

"A mental thing with Jonjo as evidenced by rash challenges"

"stupid senseless fouls"

Oh sorry we've got one post talking about decision making and how Brendan had to walk him through the game

a lack of application, not a lack of understanding.

Absolute plum.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 17:57]

I haven't read it? I circled it for you.. Yet you still failed to understand what was circled?!

By all means continue your Parlay obsession, its quite flattering, but on topics such as this, leave it to the people who actually want to discuss it rather than act like an obsessed teen with a reluctance to converse.

What it ACTUALLY says of course, is....

Screenshot 1 - "His game intelligence is nowhere near what it should be"

Screenshot 2 - "a bit behind the 8 ball with development, plays like an under 18"

Screenshot 3 - "he needs to sort out his game intelligence"

Screenshot 4 - " i agree he needs to improve his game intelligence"

Screenshot 5 - "the main thing that worries me is his intelligence on the field" followed by another poster saying "he lacks game IQ".

Screenshot 6 - "its a mental thing with jonjo"

Screenshot 7 - "Shelvey is not showing the intelligence to be playing for a top club"

Screenshot 8 - "he just does really dumb things"

Want me to go to page 2? Scoff.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 18:19]

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:58 - Feb 1 with 1249 viewsskippyjack

Parlay is being found out lately.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:24 - Feb 1 with 1203 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 17:58 - Feb 1 by skippyjack

Parlay is being found out lately.

In what sense?

You just keep bumping stupid threads that have no relevance and claiming victory. A bit like when you bumped the Southampton thread with me saying they are in a false position in 2nd and how we should gain on them in the end 3 games simply because they won a match.

This is similar. In what way did I say shelvey wasnt a good striker of the ball? Are you suggesting he is now not reckless and doesnt make stupid decisions because he scored a goal?

Notice i didn't bump the thread for the incident resulting in him missing our last 4 games.

You do yourself no favours skip.

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 21:04 - Feb 1 with 1175 viewsskippyjack

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:24 - Feb 1 by Parlay

In what sense?

You just keep bumping stupid threads that have no relevance and claiming victory. A bit like when you bumped the Southampton thread with me saying they are in a false position in 2nd and how we should gain on them in the end 3 games simply because they won a match.

This is similar. In what way did I say shelvey wasnt a good striker of the ball? Are you suggesting he is now not reckless and doesnt make stupid decisions because he scored a goal?

Notice i didn't bump the thread for the incident resulting in him missing our last 4 games.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

The Shelvey conundrum on 21:12 - Feb 1 with 1168 viewsParlay

The smiley realisation.

Too much time spent reading Jackfath.

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 21:14 - Feb 1 with 1161 viewsskippyjack

The Shelvey conundrum on 21:12 - Feb 1 by Parlay

The smiley realisation.

Too much time spent reading Jackfath.

No.. just how much bollocks you've written.

The Shelvey conundrum on 21:18 - Feb 1 with 1154 viewsfootball2301

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:24 - Feb 1 by Parlay

In what sense?

would you say he was not intelligent today ?
The Shelvey conundrum on 21:21 - Feb 1 with 1138 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 21:18 - Feb 1 by football2301

would you say he was not intelligent today ?

No, he had a decent game. Would you say he was not intelligent today?

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 21:22 - Feb 1 with 1137 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Guff

Guff

& more guff .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Shelvey conundrum on 21:28 - Feb 1 with 1122 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 21:22 - Feb 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Guff

Guff

& more guff .

You thought he was bad today?? What game were you watching??

Or you dont think he does stupid things more often than your average player??

If your answer to the second bit is "no", You do realise this was his first game back after a 4 match ban right?

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024