Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
after match traffic 12:54 - Dec 27 with 2962 viewslittle_britton

Does anybody know why the police are stopping cars turning left coming up from the industrial estates after the game ?
I can't see any reason for it other than to cause long delays
after match traffic on 13:02 - Dec 27 with 2928 viewsShonky

Two games in a row now. Used to take us 60 seconds to get out, now it takes 35 minutes.

Its just a ride...

after match traffic on 13:10 - Dec 27 with 2887 viewslittle_britton

The traffic used to go smoothly before, I can't recall an incident happening that would make them block it
after match traffic on 13:16 - Dec 27 with 2863 viewslatchford

Which industrial estate?
after match traffic on 13:17 - Dec 27 with 2856 viewsShonky

after match traffic on 13:10 - Dec 27 by little_britton

The traffic used to go smoothly before, I can't recall an incident happening that would make them block it

Me neither. Maybe they are taking extra precautions. I'm just waiting for someone to be hit as we drive out. People leaving the ground on foot tend to run in front of the cars to get across the road, had a few close calls already. People crossing busy roads in the dark, in slippy conditions, maybe after a few pints, is a precarious situation. Maybe they are not waiting for an accident to happen before doing something because by the time we get out, most of the pedestrians have left.Or maybe they just wanted py$$ everyone of a little (or a lot)

Its just a ride...

after match traffic on 13:22 - Dec 27 with 2824 viewsdgt73

Ask the police I'm sure they'd answer you.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

after match traffic on 13:25 - Dec 27 with 2799 viewslittle_britton

after match traffic on 13:16 - Dec 27 by latchford

Which industrial estate?

The industrial estate down the hill behind the south stand
after match traffic on 13:27 - Dec 27 with 2783 viewsGiff

sent an email after spurs game, still waiting for reply.
after match traffic on 13:34 - Dec 27 with 2755 viewsAl_Bundy

We should copy Stoke. Similar Stadium surroundings , Police and Stewards managing a great one way system for fans to leave the vicinity.

Ours.. well crap !
Login to get fewer ads

after match traffic on 14:17 - Dec 27 with 2669 viewsPrivate_Partz

after match traffic on 13:34 - Dec 27 by Al_Bundy

We should copy Stoke. Similar Stadium surroundings , Police and Stewards managing a great one way system for fans to leave the vicinity.

Ours.. well crap !

It has never been great getting out if this estate. My pal parks in the Newey and Eyre Car park. It used to take 10 mins to get out onto the road behind the South Stand. Now you sit in your car for 40 minutes whilst the world and his wife leave.
It is much easier getting through he streets of Swansea afterwards however as everybody else must be home putting their feet up. Another classic eff up by SWP.
Footbridges to get the pedestrians across the roads? Now there is a novel idea.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

after match traffic on 14:19 - Dec 27 with 2649 viewsJackfath

Solution is simple. Make all turn right out of the estate. Open both traffic lanes heading out that way towards the tennis centre. Having one lane is the problem. Stop all traffic wanting to come in for say 30 mins. The traffic would flow out no problem.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

after match traffic on 14:28 - Dec 27 with 2623 viewsPrivate_Partz

after match traffic on 14:19 - Dec 27 by Jackfath

Solution is simple. Make all turn right out of the estate. Open both traffic lanes heading out that way towards the tennis centre. Having one lane is the problem. Stop all traffic wanting to come in for say 30 mins. The traffic would flow out no problem.

Indeed. The lights at the B and Q and Morrisons exit are the issue but an officer sending traffic through at the end of the match would do the trick though the shoppers would complain as they could have problems getting out. The B and Q one is often a nightmare match day or not.
I think the earlier poster was right in as much as it seem the Police are trying to stop the traffic until everyone has crossed the roads around the ground to prevent accidents. it could very well H and S going mad again.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

after match traffic on 14:37 - Dec 27 with 2591 viewsJackfath

after match traffic on 14:28 - Dec 27 by Private_Partz

Indeed. The lights at the B and Q and Morrisons exit are the issue but an officer sending traffic through at the end of the match would do the trick though the shoppers would complain as they could have problems getting out. The B and Q one is often a nightmare match day or not.
I think the earlier poster was right in as much as it seem the Police are trying to stop the traffic until everyone has crossed the roads around the ground to prevent accidents. it could very well H and S going mad again.

There needs to be an exit built on the peripheral road from the rough ground used as official parking on match day. It's crazy that they put this traffic back into the main throng when they could empty out onto the road on the other side.

If the expansion ever gets the go ahead I expect these simple ideas to come into action.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 14:53 - Dec 27 with 2559 viewssherpajacob

[Post edited 27 Dec 2014 14:54]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

after match traffic on 13:16 - Dec 28 with 2230 viewsGowerjack

after match traffic on 14:17 - Dec 27 by Private_Partz

It has never been great getting out if this estate. My pal parks in the Newey and Eyre Car park. It used to take 10 mins to get out onto the road behind the South Stand. Now you sit in your car for 40 minutes whilst the world and his wife leave.
It is much easier getting through he streets of Swansea afterwards however as everybody else must be home putting their feet up. Another classic eff up by SWP.
Footbridges to get the pedestrians across the roads? Now there is a novel idea.

I could park at Newey & Eyre for nothing but prefer to park up in Brynhyfred and walk its much quicker!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

after match traffic on 14:10 - Dec 28 with 2134 viewscontroversial_jack

Some want to extend the stadium!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024