Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
whats your experience of the police 11:11 - Mar 7 with 27742 viewslibertine

recently I've had a bit of a negative image of the police, I believe they've got to messed up with political correctness, the reports I've made to them have involved race issues and they would not go near my complaints even insinuating that I was some sort of bigot.

I don't think that they should go back to the 80's police force as they became Margarets private army, they loved her with the 10% pay rise they got.

But I must say that when I really needed help as one of my kids went missing, the police behaved fantastically, efficient emphatic amazingly sharp, I felt safe in their hands.

I've had a couple of bad experiences in the past with obnoxious plastics, who just wanted to have a bit of power.

But the experience when they helped find my daughter completely6 puts thiings in perspective, it made me realise, what the hell would I have done if there were no police.

whats your experience with the police?
whats your experience of the police on 23:41 - Mar 11 with 1985 viewsperchrockjack

Crass? No, it's how liverpool people are described as being ,as uou well,know, by ps luminaries.

If uoungivevit, prepare yo have it chucked back at you.

You ll soon see the piers coming up as the game comes nearer. Pretty predicable and pretty pitiful stuff.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

whats your experience of the police on 05:37 - Mar 12 with 1957 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 12:01 - Mar 11 by Witneyjack

I can't explain individual cases at which I wasn't present, how can you expect me to? I'd need a lot more information to give an opinion. I note with regard to the first incident you haven't criticised the parents of the 11 year old. As a parent, my children's welfare is down to me and I knew as my girls grew up where they were.

It's like the three schoolgirls who have gone to Syria. Their parents are hell bent on blaming the Police, instead of facing their parental responsibilities. The parents are the people who KNOW their children best and should be accepting responsibility when things go wrong.

The modern Police Service are " Society's road sweepers" called to clear up any mess seen fit by the public. We deal with so much more than our core issues whilst battling cuts in numbers by the tens of thousands.

What a disgusting thing for a Police Officer to say.

Why do you bring the parents into this? It's got nothing to do with this discussion.

This discussion is about the police. In this particular part of the discussion we're talking about the failure of the police to protect young girls being abused by gangs of Pakistani men in Oxford.

We all know some kids have horrible parents. How good the parenting of the victims was is completely irrelevant.

Yet you bring it up. Interesting.

Kids with crap parents should be protected from rape by the police too.

If a young girl is found in house with a load of naked adults the quality of the parenting she has experienced doesn't come into it. That girl needs protecting no matter her upbringing.

The modern Police Service are " Society's road sweepers" called to clear up any mess seen fit by the public. We deal with so much more than our core issues whilst battling cuts in numbers by the tens of thousands.

Yeah. That's sort of your job isn't it? If society had no problems we wouldn't need you. Don't like sweeping up societies problems? Get another job.
whats your experience of the police on 05:55 - Mar 12 with 1955 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 14:56 - Mar 11 by perchrockjack

you need to let go .

Its wasn't just the mining industry that went ape.So did Steel, ship building, cotton spinning ,wool weaving,fishing too. Trouble is Police have been demonised by previous generations so any possible sense of perspective is lost, which is pitiful.

Plenty of workers in Lancashire lost their jobs when cheaper imports killed it. They shut Hundreds of Mills but the people have moved on. You clearly haven't.

Witney is a good man and he is the type of standard copper that this country needs and wants and constantly slagging off over something that happened over thirty years ago is sadness itself but seems people in Wales need to feel bitterness to keep going.

Depressing stuff

Did Mill workers, fishermen, weavers, ship builders etc. have to put up with policeman waving £50 notes in their faces when they were struggling to put food on their kids tables? When their kids had no Christmas presents because their fathers were trying to hold on to their means of making a living?

Answer me this Perch. What type of mentality does it take for a policeman to do that? Taunting families about to lose their livelihoods. With overtime money earned to make sure they lost their livelihoods.

What the f*ck was going on in their heads when they did that?

What type of people to the police employ FFS?
whats your experience of the police on 07:10 - Mar 12 with 1946 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 05:55 - Mar 12 by Humpty

Did Mill workers, fishermen, weavers, ship builders etc. have to put up with policeman waving £50 notes in their faces when they were struggling to put food on their kids tables? When their kids had no Christmas presents because their fathers were trying to hold on to their means of making a living?

Answer me this Perch. What type of mentality does it take for a policeman to do that? Taunting families about to lose their livelihoods. With overtime money earned to make sure they lost their livelihoods.

What the f*ck was going on in their heads when they did that?

What type of people to the police employ FFS?

When and where did this mythical £50 note waving take place? Most people in South Wales have never seen let alone held a handful of £50 notes?

I was working thirty years ago and born and brought up in the Rhondda where the mines and most other industries had collapsed, most miners had no issues with local police as it was seen that it was their job and that was that, nobody was happy with it but it was they way things were. Did it damage relationships of course it did.

I don't know how old you are but you obviously weren't around at the time, there were bigger issues with coal coming through Port Talbot docks keeping Llanwern working than confrontations at mining communities which had already been devastated.

The law had been changed several years prior to this as a result of the 72-73 strike to take the power from the Unions and the unions had failed to see the writing on the wall, it wasn't just politicians a lot of ordinary people were pissed off with union activity at the time because of being forced onto three day weeks and taking food off their tables by striking miners closing power stations down.
Dont try and paint this struggling workers against the establishment bollucks the miners were amongst the best paid jobs in S Wales at the time and too many people from outside the area with no experience of mining paint a "how green was my valley" experience. I blame Scargill as much as Thatcher, we knew we couldn't come out as we were struggling to keep mines going and once they were left I active they would never be re-commissioned.

Not a view the comrades wanted to hear then or now.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

whats your experience of the police on 07:33 - Mar 12 with 1934 viewsshimmie

whats your experience of the police on 05:37 - Mar 12 by Humpty

Why do you bring the parents into this? It's got nothing to do with this discussion.

This discussion is about the police. In this particular part of the discussion we're talking about the failure of the police to protect young girls being abused by gangs of Pakistani men in Oxford.

We all know some kids have horrible parents. How good the parenting of the victims was is completely irrelevant.

If a young girl is found in house with a load of naked adults the quality of the parenting she has experienced doesn't come into it. That girl needs protecting no matter her upbringing.

Yeah. That's sort of your job isn't it? If society had no problems we wouldn't need you. Don't like sweeping up societies problems? Get another job.

Witney was bringing up the parents in a completely different case. It doesn't read to me that he's drawing comparisons between the CSE cases and the 3 girls going to Syria being one and the same, and that children from poor backgrounds not deserving protection from the police. I'd go as far as saying you'd have to have a fairly militant mindset to draw the response you made to what was a fairly innocuous post by Witney. But that's just an opinion...
whats your experience of the police on 09:45 - Mar 12 with 1895 viewslibertine

what mine were you at Pacey?
you interpretation of history have you got , I went for an interview at one of the mines and discovered that the wages were less for a sparky than on the outside 1978.
I didn't get the job.

trouble is that unless a worker can demonstrate their unhappiness in a united front, then no one cares, which is why unions were linked up.

But the witch ended all that.

Look whats happening right now with Swansea council. its been officially agreed to give the women equal pay backdated, but only some are getting the full amount, you've guessed it the ones in the union, the ones not in the union are now joining up and desperately trying to backtrack their memberships these people thought whats the point in giving my money to the union they don't do anything for you, now to their displeasure they are finding out.
whats your experience of the police on 09:54 - Mar 12 with 1892 viewslibertine

whats your experience of the police on 23:27 - Mar 10 by ScoobyWho

You need to get yourself an application form for your local force and put your negative energy in to something good.

You can change things as much as you can outside McDonald's as you can one on one managing an abusive allegation.

Think about it.

It's not about conforming its about reforming.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 23:33]

what are you talking about???

I'm a pragmatist that all, I treat people as I find them,

tell me what I've said that is negative energy rather than the truth.

Fact is its an Islamic problem not an Asian problem, don't shoot the messenger.

Is ether ranson also a negative energy, because its only what she says.
whats your experience of the police on 09:55 - Mar 12 with 1892 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 07:33 - Mar 12 by shimmie

Witney was bringing up the parents in a completely different case. It doesn't read to me that he's drawing comparisons between the CSE cases and the 3 girls going to Syria being one and the same, and that children from poor backgrounds not deserving protection from the police. I'd go as far as saying you'd have to have a fairly militant mindset to draw the response you made to what was a fairly innocuous post by Witney. But that's just an opinion...

That was exactly what I was saying Shimmie........
Login to get fewer ads

whats your experience of the police on 10:06 - Mar 12 with 1881 viewslibertine

whats your experience of the police on 18:46 - Mar 11 by Witneyjack

Police Officers are not afraid to arrest people due to their ethnicity, far from it.

please give me your professional opinion of my post listing the 2 issues that I had
whats your experience of the police on 10:14 - Mar 12 with 1875 viewslibertine

whats your experience of the police on 22:01 - Mar 11 by perchrockjack

True.

But don't let one ruin the job others do.

Frankly, youneither support the police or not.

What alternative to the police is there, leaving miners
And hillsboromaside.
Anyway, they were scousers whom are ridiculed and hated on here. Right or not. Bin dippers

mr perch,

I very clearly support the police officers who have n awful job especially as the respect for them has gone.

Those men really helped me out at a time when I needed it most. I support those men!

I don't support the all party political corruption at a higher level that goes on, no! Do you?
you support the Swans but did you support Chicos theatricals at W Ham, or cringe as most did?

I support the police but believe the whole system needs sorting out,
whats your experience of the police on 10:15 - Mar 12 with 1874 viewsWitneyjack

As or the 'Society's roadsweepers' point, I'm not complaining about our job but trying to illustrate that dealing with our core issues can be hampered by dealing with incidents that shouldn't involve the Police. Unfortunately the public tend to ring the Police when they don't know who to call.

Our core job is to protect life and property and prevent and detect crime.
whats your experience of the police on 10:30 - Mar 12 with 1864 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 20:31 - Mar 11 by libertine

1well as soon as I mentioned the fact that the people who robbed my daughter were eastern eurpoean, the telephonist did not want to know, until then she was happliliy typing. Perhaps they found her attractive, well I said surrounding someone in an intimidating manner is a strange way to pick up a girl. She wouldn't go any further with the complaint/incident.

2When my daughter was none seriously sexually assaulted by a taxi driver, I found then police absolutely rubbish none of the cameras showed clearly the number of the taxi although they could track down the taxi's journey around the local area into the Uni and then they could see the taxi on a shops cctv camera.

The taxi was a white transit van sliding side doors, but it was white which most of the other big taxis were not, the taxi driver was bald in his mid thirtees and Asian not well spoken English.

Easy! they said sorry we can't see the reg, there is nothing that we can do, I argued with them that why didn't they simply interview some of the taxis down to the area where they did the pick up, we live in Swansea not London so there are not so many white taxis around.
They were not interested at all they lectured my daughter about being the last one in a taxi, but as I said someone has to be. After they said they were not prepared to investigate the incident any further.

I said well if you don't I will, well how will you go about that then?, they said

wel i'll go down to the taxi rank with my daughter look for the white vans and check them out watch out for the Asian drivers, look for a bald one then have a closer look.

Oh you can't do that its racism!!! The PO was a young lady who was a genuine person and was obviously repeating what she'd been instructed to say. I could not believe it.

That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, the reality was in fact true treating someone differently because of their race is racism.

I didn't go down to check out the taxi drivers as my daughter was to frightened .

I was assured that there would be a letter going out to all the students at the Uni (this never happened) and the police promised that they would do a campaign about safety within taxis.

I had told the police that I did not want another man to have to go through what I had gone through, I had been put on beta blockers as my blood pressure had gone through the roof.
They did nothing, several months later there was an article in the local press about an asian taxi driver who had seriously assaulted a young student, I called the prosecuting solicitor and told her of my daughters experience but for some reason she was not interested, I thought she would have wanted more witnesses to come forward.

The National Crime Recording Standards mean that if someone reports a crime, it must be recorded unless there is credible evidence to the contrary. Straightforward and simple. In case 1 the telephone operator should record the call and that assessment made later by an officer.
Case 2 is harder for me to comment on. I assume the incident was recorded as a crime, statements taken and some sort of investigation carried out. With regards to checking all the taxi companies , I can only speculate as to why that wasn't done. Possibly due to the number of licensed taxis in Swansea.
whats your experience of the police on 10:31 - Mar 12 with 1863 viewsperchrockjack

lib
Your comments are fair. You seem to understand how things are.

Hump .You clearly have a problem moving on .

£50 notes? Nah, it was some Met officers at Ollerton responding to the pretty filthy stuff coming their way from Yorkshire miners. And yep I was there. Was also at Orgreave too and got a tw@atting but fair game in the circs.

This is what happens when events got screwed over time.

PARENTS.. Now then, many of the crap walking the street should ideally never have the ability to procreate living trash. Utterly unable to go to school, have a relationship, nurture a child development instead of feeding them dvd s and burgers. A lost generation ,son. From cradle to grave too.

Most of Police time is taken up with these dysfunctional creatures while YOU get up ,,,,go to work and bring up your kids so think on that.

I m no lover of ACPO and have despised many Home Secretaries.

I AM in full support of what the like of Shim,Whit ,Pace and others who really do put themselves out for the likes of you ;why they do it ,really don't know as the public will hammer them regardless.

Note, little approbium towards Dukenfield on this site who ideally should be done for corporate manslaughter. why|?

whats your experience of the police on 10:35 - Mar 12 with 1858 viewsperchrockjack

oh and it wasnt £50 notes but wage slips with overtime on ...

whats your experience of the police on 11:37 - Mar 12 with 1831 viewsepaul

whats your experience of the police on 10:35 - Mar 12 by perchrockjack

oh and it wasnt £50 notes but wage slips with overtime on ...

and fivers which i was told first hand........from a copper

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

whats your experience of the police on 12:41 - Mar 12 with 1813 viewsWitneyjack

Here's a little piece a Police Officer wrote Humpty.

"I am a Police Officer

Since I joined the Police, way, way back then, I have learned much and performed many, many roles. Some of them easy and some of them not so easy.

I have been:
a marriage guidance counselor
an acting veterinary nurse,
a teacher,
a babysitter,
I’ve listened to advice from knowledgeable and experienced people,
I’ve also listened to advice from people who do not have a clue what they are talking about,
I’ve been an odd job man,
a translator,
a wrestler,
a boxer,
a fight referee,
a vehicle repair engineer,
a traffic controller,
a dog catcher,
a nightclub doorman,
a member of the sprint detention team,
a person who delivers unfortunate and unwanted bad news,
a person who sometimes delivers good news,
I have entered with a key, without a key through an open door and sometimes kicked or forced that door that prevents entry,
a writer of fact,
a listener of fiction,
I have been a cook,
an arbitrary decision maker,
a companion,
I have not told lies to cover someone else’s backside,
I have been a friend,
a plan or map drawer,
a walking encyclopedia,
I have seen over-promotion for strategic credibility instead of policing credibility,
I have seen countless guidelines and recommendations ignored because it suits someone else’s agenda,
I have been a good Samaritan,
a walking street-map,
a local information centre,
a medic,
an emergency plumber,
I have been spat at, punched, kicked, head butted, verbally abused, had things thrown at me or been threatened with a bladed instrument ( formerly a knife),
I have seen many fine officers frustrated by those who appear to have forgotten that they were once a 24/7 police officer.
I have been a taxi-driver,
an unwanted guest,
a welcome guest,
a listening ear,
a mind reader,
I have walked many a whole night shift in the freezing night air, in the pouring rain or in the humid, sweltering muggy heat dressed in a uniform that was not suited to allow me to do some of the things I expected to come across,
I have been a surrogate and temporary parent,
I have been someone’s worst nightmare,
I have been someone’s saviour,
I have seen someone take their first breath as well as their last breath,
I have been a one man cordon,
I have been one of a small group against a far larger group,
I have been very, very, very patient, tolerant & understanding,
I have been considerate, restrained and hidden my true feelings,
I have been accused of being a liar
I have saved lives
I have failed to save lives,
I have seen and smelt death,
I have comforted and reassured,
I have always learnt from what I have done,
I have been an emergency fireman,
I have been the last person someone wanted to see as well as the first,
I have been loved, hated, admired and despised in varying amounts.
I have always tried my best,
I understand that those who police and those who manage/lead are fundamentally different because of the roles they do,
I have buried colleagues
I have gone home at the end of my shift because my colleagues have been there with me,
I have been scared for my own safety,
I have acted without fear for my own safety but to protect others who are in fear themselves,
I have always been judged by those who do not do the same job, take the same risks or work under the same accountability as I,
I have listened to countless politicians talk about how they want to improve my role, how they need to show how I am accountable and how they want to make my job easier,
I have rarely seen a politician improve my role, or make it easier, in fact most often it's the opposite
I have protected life and property,
I have the respect of my peers,
I have listened to countless senior management talk about how they are improving my role only for them to move on and the next in line change things to support their own career aims and not to support or complement the work done by their predecessor,
I have wasted far too much of my time and effort completing statistical information for other people to justify their own position or to show how well they are managing what I do, yet none of these people know me,
I have listened to countless senior management talk about how they are improving my role only for them to move on and the next in line change things to support their own career aims and not to support or complement the work done by their predecessor,
I have wasted far too much of my time and effort completing statistical information for other people to justify their own position or to show how well they are managing what I do, yet none of these people know me,
I have repeated the last two things because they have probably had the most negative effect on me during my service.
I have learned about tolerance, compassion, that there are a lot of nice people out there but still some people who have no social conscience and will burgle your house or even kill someone and not care one bit about doing so,
I have seen the victim not see justice all too often,
I have seen colleagues fail to get the recognition they deserve,
I have seen repeat offenders not get custodial sentences,
I have seen Policing become a brand to be promoted at every available opportunity, some of them totally inappropriate.
I have experienced poor vehicles because they are cheaper,
I have been 'advised' because I have not reported enough people or submitted enough admin for people to measure,
I have experienced death in many forms, from violent, unexpected and unpleasant to peaceful, calm and dignified,
I have led a varied and rewarding career.

It is not a game or a fair weather trend…………..It’s for keeps.

How many can say that ?"
whats your experience of the police on 13:39 - Mar 12 with 1797 viewslibertine

the police union should concentrate on the real issues faced by the police.

Like being super powered security guards for the governments controlling of the people.
instead of getting better deals on accommodation/holidays for police officers.

I feel sorry for policemen trying their best in a world were everyone hushes up when they enter a room,

Just a question for any policeman, are you always on duty, eg what would you do if someone said "I'm going to screw this fin insurance company for everything I can get? "
whats your experience of the police on 15:03 - Mar 12 with 1780 viewsperchrockjack

On duty as regards an offence clearly committed in your presence. YEP.

After I retired. I got into Direct Sales and became area manager which meant I travelled around a lot.

I saw three burglaries, two assaults and an attempt car theft (mine). I locked them all up with the help of passers by until Plod came along..
Company didn't appreciate time taken out for statements and Court and told ,actually, to ignore such stuff.. NAH, NOT ME. Always a maverick.

whats your experience of the police on 17:10 - Mar 12 with 1762 viewslibertine

Mr Perch

if you were in a room and the floor started to burn in one corner and there were 2 door exits each with a guard standing in front of the door, telling you quick come through here this is the door to eternal bliss and happiness
one guard sold double glazing and the other guard had a policemans helmet on, whos door would you choose to exit?
whats your experience of the police on 17:14 - Mar 12 with 1758 viewsperchrockjack

Ive sold double glazing and worn a helmet.

I d ask Jesus first.

TELL YOU WHAT, you re some poster lad.

You ve come from nowhere to be a contender

Just hope your e not another parlay manifestation

whats your experience of the police on 17:58 - Mar 12 with 1744 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 13:39 - Mar 12 by libertine

the police union should concentrate on the real issues faced by the police.

Like being super powered security guards for the governments controlling of the people.
instead of getting better deals on accommodation/holidays for police officers.

I feel sorry for policemen trying their best in a world were everyone hushes up when they enter a room,

Just a question for any policeman, are you always on duty, eg what would you do if someone said "I'm going to screw this fin insurance company for everything I can get? "

Police are not allowed to join a union or strike it is an offence to encourage police to strike.

Mrs May has the police by the nuts and is currently allowing suitable candidates to become promoted directly to the rank of Superintendent. It will be interesting to see what becomes of the police service at that point once they start filtering through.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

whats your experience of the police on 20:16 - Mar 12 with 1702 viewslibertine

whats your experience of the police on 17:14 - Mar 12 by perchrockjack

Ive sold double glazing and worn a helmet.

I d ask Jesus first.

TELL YOU WHAT, you re some poster lad.

You ve come from nowhere to be a contender

Just hope your e not another parlay manifestation

Mr Perch,

my last thread sounds like the ravings of a lunatic.

I think i'd better go and seek advice from a psychotherapist or alternatively section myself.

whats your experience of the police on 20:33 - Mar 12 with 1695 viewsperchrockjack

You re ok. I'm a doctor.

Direct to the rank of superintendent was suggested 20 years ago.

It's a road to disaster

whats your experience of the police on 01:51 - Mar 13 with 1651 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 09:55 - Mar 12 by Witneyjack

That was exactly what I was saying Shimmie........

Just seen this. Witney, and everyone else, I apologize unreservedly. For some reason I thought you were on about Oxford. Reading it back it's clear you weren't. Syria is even mentioned in your post FFS. I'm a tw*t.

Sorry.
whats your experience of the police on 11:14 - Mar 13 with 1612 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 01:51 - Mar 13 by Humpty

Just seen this. Witney, and everyone else, I apologize unreservedly. For some reason I thought you were on about Oxford. Reading it back it's clear you weren't. Syria is even mentioned in your post FFS. I'm a tw*t.

Sorry.

Accepted. I think we can all be guilty of not reading something properly at times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024