Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
whats your experience of the police 11:11 - Mar 7 with 27333 viewslibertine

recently I've had a bit of a negative image of the police, I believe they've got to messed up with political correctness, the reports I've made to them have involved race issues and they would not go near my complaints even insinuating that I was some sort of bigot.

I don't think that they should go back to the 80's police force as they became Margarets private army, they loved her with the 10% pay rise they got.

But I must say that when I really needed help as one of my kids went missing, the police behaved fantastically, efficient emphatic amazingly sharp, I felt safe in their hands.

I've had a couple of bad experiences in the past with obnoxious plastics, who just wanted to have a bit of power.

But the experience when they helped find my daughter completely6 puts thiings in perspective, it made me realise, what the hell would I have done if there were no police.

whats your experience with the police?
whats your experience of the police on 23:32 - Mar 7 with 1733 viewsImAlrightJack

My Grandfather was a great man who never let the job change him as a person.

Even one person he once arrested, would later thank him for showing the error of his ways. My Grandfather was made up with that.
whats your experience of the police on 23:32 - Mar 7 with 1733 viewsshimmie

whats your experience of the police on 23:02 - Mar 7 by Rancid

Shimmie.You recently wrote on here that you witnessed 50yr old Swans fans using cocaine in a pub at the Chelsea away game.Did you arrest them or as you were 'off duty' inform your colleagues of what was being done illegally in said pub? Or did you give them a pass as they were fellow Jacks?

I'm not going to answer the question but that pretty much somes up the difficulty of the job doesn't it? Report it and your a grass, ex bullied school kid who's drunk on power who's never off duty, never off duty. Don't act and your complicit, negligence and a complete hypocrite. Who'd do the job eh?
whats your experience of the police on 23:36 - Mar 7 with 1721 viewsskippyjack

whats your experience of the police on 23:24 - Mar 7 by perchrockjack

Hundreds of jobs more dangerous .

Name them.

Any Armed Forces.. The deadliest catch..ice road truckers.. Sky scraper construction.. Fighting sports.. MMA.. Firemen.. Any job in a f*cked up place.. I do find your boys are getting a bit of unnecessary stick.. They do bring it on themselves mostly though.. Shimmie for example.. Meeting up for a scrap on a football message board.. Wtf is all that about.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

whats your experience of the police on 23:36 - Mar 7 with 1716 viewsperchrockjack

.Don't back down now..

You clearly have a dig at the courage or fortitude of police officers.

High horse.? Fook me, is this Belgium.

Few jobs around now that are dangerous mainly due to legislation.

You cannot legislate for human beings which is why police do not know what faces them every time they get a call. Thst s the danger of it all. Got that. Good

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

whats your experience of the police on 23:36 - Mar 7 with 1714 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 23:32 - Mar 7 by ImAlrightJack

My Grandfather was a great man who never let the job change him as a person.

Even one person he once arrested, would later thank him for showing the error of his ways. My Grandfather was made up with that.

I've had many people thank me for the way I have dealt with them. I have signed numerous passport and driving licence application forms year's later for people who have 'seen the error of their ways' following my intervention.

All Police Officers think the old days were the best days. I've seen more fundamental changes in the job during my career than most and it has got tougher to do. But again I repeat I will never call any officer past, present or future the name your grandfather's mate did.
whats your experience of the police on 23:39 - Mar 7 with 1703 viewsskippyjack

whats your experience of the police on 23:32 - Mar 7 by shimmie

I'm not going to answer the question but that pretty much somes up the difficulty of the job doesn't it? Report it and your a grass, ex bullied school kid who's drunk on power who's never off duty, never off duty. Don't act and your complicit, negligence and a complete hypocrite. Who'd do the job eh?

You did the correct thing shimmie.. It'd be different if they whipped out an ounce from their pocket.. Objectivity, perception and a bit of nous.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 23:42]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

whats your experience of the police on 23:40 - Mar 7 with 1700 viewsperchrockjack

I'm out anyway to find a pussy to hang.

You sort it Witney and mind your back until you retire.

You ll enjoy it as you really can choose whom you deal with

whats your experience of the police on 23:42 - Mar 7 with 1697 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 23:40 - Mar 7 by perchrockjack

I'm out anyway to find a pussy to hang.

You sort it Witney and mind your back until you retire.

You ll enjoy it as you really can choose whom you deal with

Just under 4years to go Richie, but due to my knee I will never be frontline again unfortunately.
Login to get fewer ads

whats your experience of the police on 23:48 - Mar 7 with 1685 viewsperchrockjack

Not unfortunate.
Daughter s fella is sniper trained marksman so right i.he s a great bloke and brave a fack which is why I've seen my arse of course.

I Ve done front line for many years and with virtually no protection apart from plastic and balsa wood.

Have to go as I'm steaming.

Take care every day, every watch and truly trust nobody 100 per cent.

whats your experience of the police on 23:48 - Mar 7 with 1684 viewsRancid

Fair play to you, that's a more honest answer than i was expecting.And of course, you're right, it's a winless situation.It does confirm though that coppers can switch off whilst off duty or if not that their love of their football team and it's fans overshadows their proffession I bet you'd have nicked a redbird shovelling dust up his hooter if you witnessed it mind
whats your experience of the police on 23:52 - Mar 7 with 1675 viewsexiledclaseboy

Honest and authentic answer. Fair play. Salute.

Poll: Tory leader

whats your experience of the police on 23:55 - Mar 7 with 1670 viewsshimmie

whats your experience of the police on 23:36 - Mar 7 by skippyjack

Any Armed Forces.. The deadliest catch..ice road truckers.. Sky scraper construction.. Fighting sports.. MMA.. Firemen.. Any job in a f*cked up place.. I do find your boys are getting a bit of unnecessary stick.. They do bring it on themselves mostly though.. Shimmie for example.. Meeting up for a scrap on a football message board.. Wtf is all that about.

I didn't arrange, threaten or agree to meet up with anyone actually. Really not my style. And to rancids last question, no comment....
whats your experience of the police on 23:58 - Mar 7 with 1664 viewsRancid

whats your experience of the police on 23:08 - Mar 7 by skippyjack

Jesus Christ.. Have a day off.. They want control over the suppliers.. Not the tits that take it.

You pinch the small fish to get to the big fish.Do you not think that's the first question asked whilst under arrest for possession? I'm pretty sure it is and should be.
whats your experience of the police on 00:13 - Mar 8 with 1638 viewsskippyjack

whats your experience of the police on 23:58 - Mar 7 by Rancid

You pinch the small fish to get to the big fish.Do you not think that's the first question asked whilst under arrest for possession? I'm pretty sure it is and should be.

The underground drug market is a political minefield.. More loopholes than a fishing net.. Arresting random users in a pub is pointless.

whats your experience of the police on 00:16 - Mar 8 with 1634 viewsepaul

I'd like to stick up a bit here for Shimmie, he's one hell of a decent chap and youd never know he was a copper. He's damned if he does damned if he dont like I said got my views about Police and as said, having worked with them on a relief there are many who want to just help and do the job, he's one of them

Saying that I wouldnt argue with him

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

whats your experience of the police on 00:28 - Mar 8 with 1627 viewsRancid

whats your experience of the police on 00:13 - Mar 8 by skippyjack

The underground drug market is a political minefield.. More loopholes than a fishing net.. Arresting random users in a pub is pointless.

If Shimmie was on duty and saw someone snorting class A drugs and not from Swansea then believe me he'd have nicked them.Nicking the user is a starting point to getting to the guy he got it off and so on.Any copper worth his salt would follow those procedures, surely? And any user worth his salt would and should say phuck all and probably do.But there's no harm in asking now is there?
whats your experience of the police on 06:09 - Mar 8 with 1548 viewsImAlrightJack

There's no law against using the word "Pig" I believe. Although there are laws against "giving it the bird", which is a public disorder act
whats your experience of the police on 08:29 - Mar 8 with 1518 viewsJimmyGilligan

I, for one am grateful for the police and thank the police officers on this thread (ex and serving) for their service.

From reading this thread it is clear that there is a need for good police officers in the world, if for nothing more than to keep the scum off of the streets, (and when that fails, which it often does, not the fault of the police)...as far away from innocent law abiding people as possible.

Parts of this thread are hilarious to read and not necessarily in a good way.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 8:31]
whats your experience of the police on 08:37 - Mar 8 with 1508 viewsImAlrightJack

It's the ones who seem to love the power and down-talk people they stop I don't like. Most of the ones you see on these TV documentaries actually are the opposite and try and have a laugh with the people they meet. If those people get lippy with them, then that's when they deserve to be down spoken to. It's only a very small number who like the power and the uniform etc.

If anything happens to me that the Police need to know, I'll still tell them rather be a vigilante and take the law into my own hands.
whats your experience of the police on 09:16 - Mar 8 with 1491 viewsImAlrightJack

To sum everything all up, I don't hate the Police, as like I said in my last post, I'd call them if I need them.

Its just that there are ones out there who love the power and the uniform, while there are ones out there who want to help you and are the ones who don't deserve to be called pigs.

Also, when I called them after the aforementioned dove shooting incident, all the gunman got was a slap on the wrists and a 12 month suspension posessing firearms and pellets. All despite being told by an interviewer he will definetly get a fine and community service. My friend reported being mugged, only to be convinced he brought it on himself for being gullable and that he shouldn't have arrived at the London Astoria so early before the gig started. He's not from London, so wouldn't know the nature of the area.

Back in 2003, my father used to be a bus operator. When he went on holiday one of his coaches got broken into. There was blood left there and forensics made a match. The Police said that it only confirmed he was on the premises, not that he vandalized the bus (although the blood was inside it!). Was soon let off on lack of evidence at trial.

A few years ago, my dad was having trouble with a local lad. He kept drinking alcohol behind his and mum's house, taking drugs and then set fire to a neighbours fence. The police didn't do much, they said they needed evidence so dad shown them this mug he left there. He said to fingerprint it, but said its too much money for one cup.

Still, they helped my dad's neighbour out brilliantly, the same yob put a long stick through her catflap and opened the window, and stole a pile of CDs and lighters. He got a 6 month sentence and soon left town. Her evidence?, she had a few cameras on her house. Dad then got one soon later.

Its just me, my family and my friend's bad experiences when I/they asked for their help (with unfavourable conclousions) and the nasty ones you see on TV documentaries that made me what I said in this thread. They're the sort who are making themselves look business behind their uniforms, but would cry in the army.

Never missed an episode of COPS when it was on Sky 1, and for the record, Hot Fuzz is one of my fave ever films.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 9:24]
whats your experience of the police on 09:31 - Mar 8 with 1476 viewsexiledclaseboy

I may have missed this but to the OP - what were the reports you made to the police involving "race issues" that you reckon they refused to investigate?

Poll: Tory leader

whats your experience of the police on 09:40 - Mar 8 with 1468 viewsNeath_Jack

It's a thankless, c*nt of a job no doubt. I couldn't and wouldn't do it.

As a youth, i "hated" them, we would go so far as to go out of our way to deliberately wind them up on times, had a good few slaps of the local plod back in the day, dragged down the lane and roughed up by them. Two spring to mind, Sergeant Walker from Port Talbot and another one we nicknamed Chilcott after the rugby player Gareth, he was particularly gruesome fair play.

As for dangerous, construction and agricultural workers take that mantle in this country, more die doing those jobs than what have died in Afghan and Iraq, for comparison.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

whats your experience of the police on 10:01 - Mar 8 with 1450 viewstwotimejack

And that is the only point I tried getting over last night, being A copper isn't exactly a dangerous job.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

whats your experience of the police on 10:03 - Mar 8 with 1441 viewsJackfath

whats your experience of the police on 10:01 - Mar 8 by twotimejack

And that is the only point I tried getting over last night, being A copper isn't exactly a dangerous job.

Define "dangerous job".

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

whats your experience of the police on 10:05 - Mar 8 with 1441 viewsDarran

whats your experience of the police on 09:40 - Mar 8 by Neath_Jack

It's a thankless, c*nt of a job no doubt. I couldn't and wouldn't do it.

As a youth, i "hated" them, we would go so far as to go out of our way to deliberately wind them up on times, had a good few slaps of the local plod back in the day, dragged down the lane and roughed up by them. Two spring to mind, Sergeant Walker from Port Talbot and another one we nicknamed Chilcott after the rugby player Gareth, he was particularly gruesome fair play.

As for dangerous, construction and agricultural workers take that mantle in this country, more die doing those jobs than what have died in Afghan and Iraq, for comparison.

I know of both of them Walker was based at Baglan police station.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024