Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
whats your experience of the police 11:11 - Mar 7 with 27338 viewslibertine

recently I've had a bit of a negative image of the police, I believe they've got to messed up with political correctness, the reports I've made to them have involved race issues and they would not go near my complaints even insinuating that I was some sort of bigot.

I don't think that they should go back to the 80's police force as they became Margarets private army, they loved her with the 10% pay rise they got.

But I must say that when I really needed help as one of my kids went missing, the police behaved fantastically, efficient emphatic amazingly sharp, I felt safe in their hands.

I've had a couple of bad experiences in the past with obnoxious plastics, who just wanted to have a bit of power.

But the experience when they helped find my daughter completely6 puts thiings in perspective, it made me realise, what the hell would I have done if there were no police.

whats your experience with the police?
whats your experience of the police on 17:13 - Mar 7 with 2094 viewsTheArtChappy

Mostly good. Had one giving it the big one because I asked him why he was staring at me. It's not a job I could do it. Living close to a police station, it has soften my views towards them as the majority of them seem nice. One of my peeves is in the summer loads of them walking the streets come winter you'll only see them getting there dinner from sainsbury's or subway

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

whats your experience of the police on 17:13 - Mar 7 with 2093 viewscontroversial_jack

They no longer serve the people and have become political and corporate enforcers. They are more concerned with revenue collection than crimes. They have become a private security force just like British Transport police are.
whats your experience of the police on 17:25 - Mar 7 with 2069 viewsshimmie

whats your experience of the police on 16:23 - Mar 7 by Darran

F*ck my eyes Shimmie will probably get sacked if he goes in the ring against someone five foot tall mun.

Ahhh, short fella is he? Explains a lot. The anger and incoherent ramblings all makes sense now. You don't half talk some s&*t fair play. "Trust me" like you're an authority that we should all bow to. You can hardly string a sentence together bit think it's ok to pit me below a "gypsy dog". Pm sent
whats your experience of the police on 17:45 - Mar 7 with 2037 viewsRyanSCFC

I once got taken into the station for taking a piss in a bush.

That is all.
whats your experience of the police on 17:48 - Mar 7 with 2033 viewslibertine

the police truly f ed up with the miners and Hillsborough,

but I really think both of those issues were political and high up police not plod.

I see a lot of disharmony in society at the moment and maybe the police will be misused again by politicians to do their dirty work for them.

I believe that the idiots who imprisoned that guy for suggesting on a forum to have a riot are pawns in a political game, the guy did not do anything except words which were not serious but said whilst under the influence.

I feel that there is more tension building as the distance between the haves and the have yachts widens. These politicians sicken me it all their doing, market forces was a bad move and started the ugly decline in society.

Consumerism I pads FFS it breeds a society of envy and greed. The police will be misused.
whats your experience of the police on 17:59 - Mar 7 with 2015 viewsexiledclaseboy

Most of my experiences with coppers have been at football when it has to be said they're often over-aggressive wa*nkers. Then again, so were a lot of football fans back in the day. Not much excuse for treating football fans like the scum of the earth these days mind but it still happens. Outside of that I haven't needed to have much to do with them. I daresay that there are some good and some bad. Like in pretty much every other job/profession. Half the loudmouths on here would doubtless run a mile mind you if faced with some of the situations a copper has to face.

Poll: Tory leader

whats your experience of the police on 18:07 - Mar 7 with 1997 viewsshimmie

The voice of reason as per Andrew.
whats your experience of the police on 18:23 - Mar 7 with 1975 viewsLeonisGod

whats your experience of the police on 15:40 - Mar 7 by shimmie

Most know how to use a full stop though. And what your describing is basically what the riots were with single parent mothers having their houses torched in Croydon. The weak will always be set upon by some if there is no fear of consequence. And I'll happily race you over any distance you want. We can finish up with a few rounds sparring if you want. And you 100% hold me to that. I'm home Easter weekend. Oh and I got drug tested this week, my whole team did.

Apostrophes appear a step too far though .

You get drug tested? Does any other of the emergency services? I wouldn't have thought it's a problem.
Login to get fewer ads

whats your experience of the police on 18:25 - Mar 7 with 1973 viewsSwanjack10

whats your experience of the police on 17:25 - Mar 7 by shimmie

Ahhh, short fella is he? Explains a lot. The anger and incoherent ramblings all makes sense now. You don't half talk some s&*t fair play. "Trust me" like you're an authority that we should all bow to. You can hardly string a sentence together bit think it's ok to pit me below a "gypsy dog". Pm sent

Sorted now,nice fella
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 18:38]

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

whats your experience of the police on 18:41 - Mar 7 with 1952 viewsDarran

Shimmie Shimmie Shimmie Shimmie Shimmie

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

whats your experience of the police on 19:03 - Mar 7 with 1925 viewslifelong

whats your experience of the police on 18:41 - Mar 7 by Darran

Shimmie Shimmie Shimmie Shimmie Shimmie

Marquis car park?

Let's get some tickets printed.
whats your experience of the police on 19:20 - Mar 7 with 1909 viewsLohengrin

For my part I'd just like to add that any dealings I have had with The Police have been invariably open and friendly.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

whats your experience of the police on 19:30 - Mar 7 with 1892 viewsDarran

whats your experience of the police on 19:03 - Mar 7 by lifelong

Marquis car park?

Let's get some tickets printed.

It'll be like the rumble in the jungle,the fracas in Fforestfach.

whats your experience of the police on 19:44 - Mar 7 with 1878 viewslifelong

whats your experience of the police on 19:30 - Mar 7 by Darran

It'll be like the rumble in the jungle,the fracas in Fforestfach.

Or the rwmbwrla near Cwmbwrla.
whats your experience of the police on 19:45 - Mar 7 with 1876 viewsDarran

whats your experience of the police on 19:44 - Mar 7 by lifelong

Or the rwmbwrla near Cwmbwrla.

whats your experience of the police on 19:57 - Mar 7 with 1682 viewsskippyjack

I'd make a good copper

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

whats your experience of the police on 20:11 - Mar 7 with 1672 viewsDavillin

Wow, the difference of opinions on this thread. I'm sure how one feels about the police depends on where you are and how you interacted with them.

When I was practicing law, I had a lot of "professional" contact with the police -- almost always on the opposite side -- and always found them to be decent, hard-working, and honest.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

whats your experience of the police on 20:16 - Mar 7 with 1660 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 19:57 - Mar 7 by skippyjack

I'd make a good copper

You can have Shimmies job he will be out of work soon with posting stuff like that. Probably have to move out of Swansea tho.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

whats your experience of the police on 20:20 - Mar 7 with 1652 viewsDr_Winston

whats your experience of the police on 17:59 - Mar 7 by exiledclaseboy

Most of my experiences with coppers have been at football when it has to be said they're often over-aggressive wa*nkers. Then again, so were a lot of football fans back in the day. Not much excuse for treating football fans like the scum of the earth these days mind but it still happens. Outside of that I haven't needed to have much to do with them. I daresay that there are some good and some bad. Like in pretty much every other job/profession. Half the loudmouths on here would doubtless run a mile mind you if faced with some of the situations a copper has to face.

Having a lot of the same clientele as the local coppers we tend to get on fairly well with them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

whats your experience of the police on 20:25 - Mar 7 with 1645 viewsepaul

Drug resting us random, my ex wife worked for the testing team in the Met, a station is chosen the day before, only the Borough Cdr is informed the day before and they turn up the morning.
In fairness they didn't catch anyone, but did get some + results although they all had plausible reasons, medication etc.

I got mixed views enough has been said how they treat footie fans these day, plus all the miscarriages of justice.
Having worked in various aspects of the Met for nearly 20 years when working as part of a relief they were decent people just wanting o do a job, my biggest gripe was with management who basically were c*nts the are a fair few c*nts as on the beat as coppers as well but again as said you get in Al walks of life.

Personally couldn't do it myself, wouldn't want to do it and glad got out in the end although having worked on a front counter you do come across some lowlife scum.

the police have become to politicised not by the ordinary copper, but by govt and heiracy, and in the main they are a right wing organisation, some were complete b*stards to thier own employees just to even get an arrest. The fact that they have a register where coppers can declare that they are freemasons says it all really

Oh and yeah spit on with institutionalised racism it was still bad when I left 4 years ago

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

whats your experience of the police on 21:22 - Mar 7 with 1601 viewsImAlrightJack

Now they've demanded wage increases, which means we have to fit the bill!!!.

My Grandfather's colleague died last year. He said to me "in my day Police wanted to help you, these days they are just bullies. No wonder they get called Pigs these days".

They are just bully victims or just Daddy's Footsteps followers these days, they have no clue.
whats your experience of the police on 22:09 - Mar 7 with 1567 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 21:22 - Mar 7 by ImAlrightJack

Now they've demanded wage increases, which means we have to fit the bill!!!.

My Grandfather's colleague died last year. He said to me "in my day Police wanted to help you, these days they are just bullies. No wonder they get called Pigs these days".

They are just bully victims or just Daddy's Footsteps followers these days, they have no clue.

I have just over 26 years service. As stated earlier on there are good and bad just as there are in all walks of life. Some people on here should try and walk in my shoes before they blindly make sweeping judgements. Could they tell a parent their child has been killed ? Turn up at a road collision where people are burnt to a crisp? Run towards the man with the gun/ knife when the general public can run the other way? Who knows, but I am proud of what I do and have done over the last quarter of a century.
I am sitting here now having just had a knee replacement which was caused in part by injuries on duty. My mantra has always been treat others as you wish to be treated, but if the ante has needed to be upped then I have always been prepared to do so.
I wouldn't change a thing during my career.
I have worked with people who want to do the best that they can do to help others, committed, brave human beings who put their lives on the line every time they come on duty. Some didn't go home at the end of shift.
whats your experience of the police on 22:26 - Mar 7 with 1547 viewstwotimejack

whats your experience of the police on 22:09 - Mar 7 by Witneyjack

I have just over 26 years service. As stated earlier on there are good and bad just as there are in all walks of life. Some people on here should try and walk in my shoes before they blindly make sweeping judgements. Could they tell a parent their child has been killed ? Turn up at a road collision where people are burnt to a crisp? Run towards the man with the gun/ knife when the general public can run the other way? Who knows, but I am proud of what I do and have done over the last quarter of a century.
I am sitting here now having just had a knee replacement which was caused in part by injuries on duty. My mantra has always been treat others as you wish to be treated, but if the ante has needed to be upped then I have always been prepared to do so.
I have worked with people who want to do the best that they can do to help others, committed, brave human beings who put their lives on the line every time they come on duty. Some didn't go home at the end of shift.

No offence but your average copper is hardly putting his life On the line are they? They have more body armour than a Sherman tank these days, how many coppers are killed in action these days?

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

whats your experience of the police on 22:32 - Mar 7 with 1537 viewsImAlrightJack

whats your experience of the police on 22:09 - Mar 7 by Witneyjack

Your job, you chose it. Learn to live with the consequences.

I've had no bad experiences, I just happen to watch "Police Inspectors" a lot before episodes of Neighbours. That lot are so full of themselves.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 22:33]
whats your experience of the police on 22:36 - Mar 7 with 1528 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 22:26 - Mar 7 by twotimejack

No offence but your average copper is hardly putting his life On the line are they? They have more body armour than a Sherman tank these days, how many coppers are killed in action these days?

What is average?

Isn't that the whole point of policing it's not dealing with the average, it's going towards the incident everybody else is fleeing from?

There was a DC killed in Greater Manchester a few years ago who was sitting down speaking to a guy during a terrorist search who was stabbed to death, the female PC deliberately drawn to a property in Manchester by that guy Dale Cregan and shot, or the armed police who confronted the killers of Lee Rigby all part of someone's average day I suppose.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024