Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
whats your experience of the police 11:11 - Mar 7 with 27339 viewslibertine

recently I've had a bit of a negative image of the police, I believe they've got to messed up with political correctness, the reports I've made to them have involved race issues and they would not go near my complaints even insinuating that I was some sort of bigot.

I don't think that they should go back to the 80's police force as they became Margarets private army, they loved her with the 10% pay rise they got.

But I must say that when I really needed help as one of my kids went missing, the police behaved fantastically, efficient emphatic amazingly sharp, I felt safe in their hands.

I've had a couple of bad experiences in the past with obnoxious plastics, who just wanted to have a bit of power.

But the experience when they helped find my daughter completely6 puts thiings in perspective, it made me realise, what the hell would I have done if there were no police.

whats your experience with the police?
whats your experience of the police on 10:06 - Mar 8 with 1929 viewsexiledclaseboy

whats your experience of the police on 10:03 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

Define "dangerous job".

A job that puts the person doing it in danger?

Poll: Tory leader

whats your experience of the police on 10:08 - Mar 8 with 1921 viewsJackfath

whats your experience of the police on 10:06 - Mar 8 by exiledclaseboy

Many, many jobs could be put in that category. I am not sure why it's being said that Police work isn't dangerous when clearly it can be.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

whats your experience of the police on 10:08 - Mar 8 with 1921 viewstwotimejack

whats your experience of the police on 10:06 - Mar 8 by exiledclaseboy

Hardly rocket science.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

whats your experience of the police on 10:08 - Mar 8 with 1920 viewsDarran

whats your experience of the police on 10:03 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

Define "dangerous job".

Engineer in British Steel.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

whats your experience of the police on 10:09 - Mar 8 with 1912 viewsJackfath

Postman. That's dangerous due to the amount of dogs that bite you.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

whats your experience of the police on 10:09 - Mar 8 with 1912 viewsexiledclaseboy

whats your experience of the police on 10:08 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

Many, many jobs could be put in that category. I am not sure why it's being said that Police work isn't dangerous when clearly it can be.

Indeed so. It clearly is a dangerous job at times. But I daresay that there are other jobs that place those doing them in danger more regularly.

whats your experience of the police on 10:11 - Mar 8 with 1904 viewsJackfath

Builders.
Farmers.
Refuse collectors.
Garage workers.
Estate agents.

Top 5 most dangerous jobs in UK.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/features/top-5-most-dangerous-jobs-5014470

Teaching is dangerous too.

What a shit argument.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 10:12]

whats your experience of the police on 10:15 - Mar 8 with 1894 viewstwotimejack

A good percentage of coppers I see these days could also do with losing a few pounds, don't tell me a copper can do his job properly when he can't even see his nob when pissing.

Login to get fewer ads

whats your experience of the police on 10:17 - Mar 8 with 1889 viewsJackfath

whats your experience of the police on 10:15 - Mar 8 by twotimejack

A good percentage of coppers I see these days could also do with losing a few pounds, don't tell me a copper can do his job properly when he can't even see his nob when pissing.

One aspect of his/her job woud be chasing a ne'erdowell. Being tubby wouldn't stop him or her filling in the countless forms they no doubt have to to ensure their job is done properly.

whats your experience of the police on 10:25 - Mar 8 with 1874 viewsskippyjack

whats your experience of the police on 08:29 - Mar 8 by JimmyGilligan

I, for one am grateful for the police and thank the police officers on this thread (ex and serving) for their service.

From reading this thread it is clear that there is a need for good police officers in the world, if for nothing more than to keep the scum off of the streets, (and when that fails, which it often does, not the fault of the police)...as far away from innocent law abiding people as possible.

Parts of this thread are hilarious to read and not necessarily in a good way.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 8:31]

Well they are.. People like me.. Somebody who talks the most sense on the whole f*cking forum.. F*cking fantastic job they're doing.. The dumb c*nts!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

whats your experience of the police on 10:30 - Mar 8 with 1863 viewsexiledclaseboy

whats your experience of the police on 10:25 - Mar 8 by skippyjack

Well they are.. People like me.. Somebody who talks the most sense on the whole f*cking forum.. F*cking fantastic job they're doing.. The dumb c*nts!

Skippy - the forum's only sensible voice. Yeah right.

whats your experience of the police on 10:37 - Mar 8 with 1852 viewsNeath_Jack

whats your experience of the police on 10:11 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

Builders.
Farmers.
Refuse collectors.
Garage workers.
Estate agents.

Top 5 most dangerous jobs in UK.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/features/top-5-most-dangerous-jobs-5014470

Teaching is dangerous too.

What a shit argument.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 10:12]

In 2012 alone, there were 2535 deaths from mesothelioma and over 150 due to pneumoconiosis. That's before you start talking about your falls from height, struck by moving machinery etc. fatalities. Add in the life changing injuries, i don't think people realise just how bad a construction site worker has got it, but you don't hear reports of those people on the news.

There's nothing shit about that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

whats your experience of the police on 10:41 - Mar 8 with 1846 viewsNeath_Jack

whats your experience of the police on 10:05 - Mar 8 by Darran

I know of both of them Walker was based at Baglan police station.

Walker only used to come over if there was some particularly rowdy behaviour going on. Like giving the Baglan or Skewen boys a good hiding. Again.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

whats your experience of the police on 10:49 - Mar 8 with 1837 viewsDarran

whats your experience of the police on 10:41 - Mar 8 by Neath_Jack

Walker only used to come over if there was some particularly rowdy behaviour going on. Like giving the Baglan or Skewen boys a good hiding. Again.

Aye to help the amblimance men transport the Ferry boys to hospital more like.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 10:58]

whats your experience of the police on 10:50 - Mar 8 with 1833 viewsNeath_Jack

whats your experience of the police on 10:49 - Mar 8 by Darran

Aye to help the amblimance men transport the Ferry boys to hospital more like.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 10:58]

Walter's brother?

whats your experience of the police on 10:52 - Mar 8 with 1827 viewsJackfath

whats your experience of the police on 10:37 - Mar 8 by Neath_Jack

In 2012 alone, there were 2535 deaths from mesothelioma and over 150 due to pneumoconiosis. That's before you start talking about your falls from height, struck by moving machinery etc. fatalities. Add in the life changing injuries, i don't think people realise just how bad a construction site worker has got it, but you don't hear reports of those people on the news.

There's nothing shit about that.

I am not arguing that these aren't dangerous jobs. I am arguing about certain posters arguing that Policing isnt a dangerous job when, at times, it clearly is. Like so many others.

whats your experience of the police on 10:59 - Mar 8 with 1816 viewsDarran

whats your experience of the police on 10:50 - Mar 8 by Neath_Jack

Walter's brother?

Poxy phone,piss off
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 11:13]

whats your experience of the police on 11:02 - Mar 8 with 1812 viewstwotimejack

Along come the argument squad trying to drag another thread down to playground level again.

whats your experience of the police on 11:42 - Mar 8 with 1777 viewsperchrockjack

Construction and agricultural jobs can be dangerous. My father was a master builder and in those days Health and Safety were non existent ;farms I agree are can be dangerous places and full of potential accidents.

What is missing from the analogy is the fact that human beings and the confrontational matter of law enforcement make the job unique.

I d add that being a paramedic is also a dangerous. potentially lethal job and mentally the toughest of all jobs.

Anyway Shimmie and I are hardly chums but he seems a genuine bobby the likes of which we need and one that would put his life on the line without thinking.

Adrian

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

whats your experience of the police on 12:08 - Mar 8 with 1758 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 06:09 - Mar 8 by ImAlrightJack

There's no law against using the word "Pig" I believe. Although there are laws against "giving it the bird", which is a public disorder act

Who said it's against the law? It's not very respectful that's all. How would you feel if someone called your Grandfather a pig? It demonstrates a lack of vocabulary.
whats your experience of the police on 12:22 - Mar 8 with 1748 viewsmax936

I know a few Police officers and they're good guys, my best mate is one as well.

There's good and bad in everyone, it just gets highlighted more when you're in a position of power I suppose, I've never been in trouble or had any need of any police involvement, but the guys I know socially are all tidy fellas, my best mate I've known since our kids were small and we played rugby together and we mix as families, as regards his work we don't talk about it to be honest,
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 12:41]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

whats your experience of the police on 15:43 - Mar 8 with 1676 viewsDavillin

A hearty and sincere "thank you for your service" to WitneyJack, Perchrockjack, Shimmie, and all other posters on here who protect and serve.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

whats your experience of the police on 17:22 - Mar 8 with 1640 viewsperchrockjack

Ive done my bit Tony and it was at a time when change was really impacting upon legal, technical,social and pastoral issues.

It truly is ma thankless job and I d wish I could have done something else when my working life ,as it was then, changed dramatically.

No way did I think I could do it NEATHIE either, but needs must at the time but it left its mark on me and it brought out the dark side on my nature which is not pleasant at all .

As for "power" I hated it, hated wearing the uniform,hated the mind blowing banality of the comments a police uniform attracts, either fawning or frothing at the mouth withy contempt.
Because I joined late, I wasn't institutionalised as were the ex cadets- now they really were the power junkies- therefore the initial training led to many confrontations with the trainers-who were bullies- as I wasn't having it. I was twice recommended for dismissal fro initial training course because of attitude "insubordinate". However I was seen as being intelligent , mature and seemingly very able but was warned about not showing "respect" to senior officers. Many of these were ex forces and thought they d seen it all and they would crack my cockiness as they saw it. They didn't.

Training has changed; for the better, as domestics were seen as a pain in the arse ,a pocket note book entry and no more. First time I refused to do this was when a senior officer with me (superintendent ) it led to me being transfered - a punishment posting to Newton le Willows for six months.. Shortly afterwards ,I arrested a Sergeant , from an adjoining station for tw@tting his missus instead of "asking for supervision" - so as they said, I was a "maverick, communist (honest), tricky and one to watch.

I also had several fights with other officers, whilst a constable, over racist remarks made when serving in Liverpool 8.

Buy my book when it comes out..

Ade

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

whats your experience of the police on 17:57 - Mar 8 with 1619 viewsDavillin

To quote Twain, "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

This from Andrew Marvell applies to so many situations:

“Two Paradises ‘twere in one
To live in Paradise alone.”

But paradise does not happen by itself; and everyone has his own definition of paradise. And finally, there have always been those who ruin it for everyone else. That's why we need police and soldiers.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

whats your experience of the police on 20:00 - Mar 8 with 1589 viewstwotimejack

whats your experience of the police on 17:22 - Mar 8 by perchrockjack

Ive done my bit Tony and it was at a time when change was really impacting upon legal, technical,social and pastoral issues.

It truly is ma thankless job and I d wish I could have done something else when my working life ,as it was then, changed dramatically.

No way did I think I could do it NEATHIE either, but needs must at the time but it left its mark on me and it brought out the dark side on my nature which is not pleasant at all .

As for "power" I hated it, hated wearing the uniform,hated the mind blowing banality of the comments a police uniform attracts, either fawning or frothing at the mouth withy contempt.
Because I joined late, I wasn't institutionalised as were the ex cadets- now they really were the power junkies- therefore the initial training led to many confrontations with the trainers-who were bullies- as I wasn't having it. I was twice recommended for dismissal fro initial training course because of attitude "insubordinate". However I was seen as being intelligent , mature and seemingly very able but was warned about not showing "respect" to senior officers. Many of these were ex forces and thought they d seen it all and they would crack my cockiness as they saw it. They didn't.

Training has changed; for the better, as domestics were seen as a pain in the arse ,a pocket note book entry and no more. First time I refused to do this was when a senior officer with me (superintendent ) it led to me being transfered - a punishment posting to Newton le Willows for six months.. Shortly afterwards ,I arrested a Sergeant , from an adjoining station for tw@tting his missus instead of "asking for supervision" - so as they said, I was a "maverick, communist (honest), tricky and one to watch.

I also had several fights with other officers, whilst a constable, over racist remarks made when serving in Liverpool 8.

Buy my book when it comes out..

Ade

All that sounds good, an apology would sound better for your choice of words towards me last night.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024