Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sick to death with this Gerrard love in 09:47 - May 16 with 9636 viewswhiterock

Ffs, decent player in his day, his day has been over for a while, not that I care but Liverpool will be far better off without him
Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:06 - May 16 with 1131 viewsskippyjack

Typical.. Closet Man Utd fans and Closet Liverpool fans having a row on a Swansea City forum..

As for Gerrard.. One of the Premier League greats.. And one of the best English players ever to put on the Liverpool and England jersey.. I'm not shocked by the love in.. He's a Premier League great..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:09 - May 16 with 1125 viewsshandyjack

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:04 - May 16 by Jackfath

Who's number 7?

as you asked so kindly personally for me

1. Lampard
2. Scholes
3. Giggs
4. Ronaldo
5. Viera
6. Beckham
7. Gerrard
8. Keane
9. Makalele
10. Alonso

However these positions can interchange depending on my mood each day. I would say that for me scholes and Lampard are easily my top 2

Poll: Expectation for the season

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:09 - May 16 with 1121 viewsraynor94

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:02 - May 16 by shandyjack

he's in the top 10 and anyone who's says otherwise isn't thinking with their heads

Sorry that's laughable, twice picked a mediocre team up to win CL and FA cup, if he had played for United like Fergie wanted there wouldn't have been anything he wouldn't have won, I don't like Liverpool but he's one of the best I have seen

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:14 - May 16 with 1100 viewsshandyjack

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:09 - May 16 by raynor94

Sorry that's laughable, twice picked a mediocre team up to win CL and FA cup, if he had played for United like Fergie wanted there wouldn't have been anything he wouldn't have won, I don't like Liverpool but he's one of the best I have seen

so it's laughable to say he's in the top 10 midfielders in PL history?

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:18 - May 16 with 1087 viewsDr_Winston

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:02 - May 16 by shandyjack

he's in the top 10 and anyone who's says otherwise isn't thinking with their heads

Wouldn't disagree.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:21 - May 16 with 1074 viewsJackfath

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:09 - May 16 by shandyjack

as you asked so kindly personally for me

1. Lampard
2. Scholes
3. Giggs
4. Ronaldo
5. Viera
6. Beckham
7. Gerrard
8. Keane
9. Makalele
10. Alonso

However these positions can interchange depending on my mood each day. I would say that for me scholes and Lampard are easily my top 2

What position is KI S Y?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:21 - May 16 with 1074 viewsJackSomething

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:18 - May 16 by Dr_Winston

Wouldn't disagree.

Neither would I. But apparently we're closet Man United fans because we find the sycophantic fawning distasteful. Some of Brodge's comments in particular have been sickening.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:22 - May 16 with 1074 viewsraynor94

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:14 - May 16 by shandyjack

so it's laughable to say he's in the top 10 midfielders in PL history?

Going on your top ten yes really stretching it calling Giggs and Ronaldo midfielders, I would call Scholes more influential, but Lampard please, great goal scoring record but never had the ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck

Login to get fewer ads

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:27 - May 16 with 1061 viewsshandyjack

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:22 - May 16 by raynor94

Going on your top ten yes really stretching it calling Giggs and Ronaldo midfielders, I would call Scholes more influential, but Lampard please, great goal scoring record but never had the ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck

how is it stretching it, wingers are midfielders aren't they? scholes most technically gifted and i enjoyed watching Lampard more, used the ball better and scored a lot more goals, 20+ for so many season in a row from a Midfielder, winning trophies after trophies at a top club

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:30 - May 16 with 1045 viewsskippyjack

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:21 - May 16 by JackSomething

Neither would I. But apparently we're closet Man United fans because we find the sycophantic fawning distasteful. Some of Brodge's comments in particular have been sickening.

I find your frothing at the mouth distasteful

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:31 - May 16 with 1043 viewsraynor94

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:27 - May 16 by shandyjack

how is it stretching it, wingers are midfielders aren't they? scholes most technically gifted and i enjoyed watching Lampard more, used the ball better and scored a lot more goals, 20+ for so many season in a row from a Midfielder, winning trophies after trophies at a top club

We'll have to agree to disagree shandy, I'm off for an Indian, and anyway the most important thing is three points tomorrow

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:31 - May 16 with 1042 viewsJackfath

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:30 - May 16 by skippyjack

Got a job yet Skip?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:32 - May 16 with 1041 viewsC_jack

Apart from one CL final, what would he have been revered for? A few domestic cups? There's plenty of top players with them. Ashley Cole has an FA Cup winners medal for every day of the week.

Goals scored? He doesn't touch Lampard in that respect

Appearances? Emile Heskey has more.

It's nice he managed to stay at one club for all of his career, the organised crime leaders of Liverpool will probably take the credit for that though.

Top player, but the game has, and will continue to produce those in years to come, nothing separates him from the rest to say that he was ever, one of the 'best'.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:34 - May 16 with 1029 viewsperchrockjack

Gerrard was in seriousness pretty ordinary and no way as great as Frank .

Posters on here are of course correct and those thinking Gerrard WAS A CLASS ACT ARE OF COURSE TW@TS

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:35 - May 16 with 1026 viewsCooperman

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:32 - May 16 by C_jack

Apart from one CL final, what would he have been revered for? A few domestic cups? There's plenty of top players with them. Ashley Cole has an FA Cup winners medal for every day of the week.

Goals scored? He doesn't touch Lampard in that respect

Appearances? Emile Heskey has more.

It's nice he managed to stay at one club for all of his career, the organised crime leaders of Liverpool will probably take the credit for that though.

Top player, but the game has, and will continue to produce those in years to come, nothing separates him from the rest to say that he was ever, one of the 'best'.

Good point there. Part of the 'love in' is due to the fact that he turned down a few opportunities to move to a big club. The press and media love stories like that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:37 - May 16 with 1020 viewsperchrockjack

Gerrard was, of course, pretty ordinary and no way as great as Frank -Chelsea legend

Posters on here are of course correct and those thinking Gerrard was a class act are simply tw@ts or plastic scousers/martyrs/bin dippers or summat similar.

Frank the Great it is then.

He ll enjoy New York when he does go

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:39 - May 16 with 1011 viewsDr_Winston

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:21 - May 16 by JackSomething

Crazy how worked up the Liverpool fans are getting about the whole thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:42 - May 16 with 1003 viewsskippyjack

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:31 - May 16 by Jackfath

Got a job yet Skip?

Nope.. If people don't want me to work for them I can't work.. Unfortunately i'll have to volunteer and offer free service.. The foreigners get first dibs on the unskilled scene.

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:44 - May 16 with 986 viewsJackfath

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:42 - May 16 by skippyjack

Nope.. If people don't want me to work for them I can't work.. Unfortunately i'll have to volunteer and offer free service.. The foreigners get first dibs on the unskilled scene.

How many interviews have you had in the last 2 weeks?
[Post edited 16 May 2015 18:44]

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:45 - May 16 with 984 viewsJackSomething

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:30 - May 16 by skippyjack

I find your internet persona distasteful. Hardly frothing at the mouth mind.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:49 - May 16 with 970 viewsCooperman

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:39 - May 16 by Dr_Winston

Crazy how worked up the Liverpool fans are getting about the whole thing.

To be fair though there hasn't been this level of excitement since they spunked £20m on Alberto Aquilani.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:49 - May 16 with 970 viewsskippyjack

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:44 - May 16 by Jackfath

How many interviews have you had in the last 2 weeks?
[Post edited 16 May 2015 18:44]

0.. Nobody will give me an interview.. I'm not sure why.. It's their choice.. Can't do much more.

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:50 - May 16 with 957 viewsJackfath

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:49 - May 16 by skippyjack

0.. Nobody will give me an interview.. I'm not sure why.. It's their choice.. Can't do much more.

How many jobs have you applied for in the last 2 weeks?

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:52 - May 16 with 947 viewssherpajacob

"being one of the best English midfield players in the history of the premier league"

Is a bit like saying "one of the best prop forwards to come out of japan in the professional era"

I can see why he appeals to english football fans, but he's no pirlo or zidane. And IMHO he's nowhere near the likes of bryan robson or liam Brady

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:55 - May 16 with 938 viewsskippyjack

Sick to death with this Gerrard love in on 18:50 - May 16 by Jackfath

How many jobs have you applied for in the last 2 weeks?

10.. One a cleaner.. One a part time store assistant.. Bar work.. Restaurant work.. I don't know.. Even Dr Winston and the Govt have forced me off the dole

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024