Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done China! 22:25 - Jun 5 with 9295 viewsSwanzay

Great that the US has been breached, 'kettle black' springs to mind, long may it continue!

The US says it faces a "dedicated adversary" and an "ever evolving threat" to the nation's cyber security, after a major data breach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33028158

The US is not some sort of idyllic ideal, as some politicians would have you believe!

Well done China! on 10:01 - Jun 8 with 1628 viewsperchrockjack

Gullible. Lol. Ah now that s a dig at anyone not slagging off USA, the ones who believe 9/11 was a via plot.

Fact that Leningrad and Moscow are now better is evidence itself of how the tradition of full on communism is evil and has killed millions.

Putin,IMO, is trying to revert to the old days when Russia held fear.

When the Berlin Wall came down it was the east that was freed from mother Russia, not other way round.
I'm truly ashamed of the anti USA tripe on here.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Well done China! on 12:50 - Jun 8 with 1575 viewscontroversial_jack

Well done China! on 10:01 - Jun 8 by perchrockjack

Gullible. Lol. Ah now that s a dig at anyone not slagging off USA, the ones who believe 9/11 was a via plot.

Fact that Leningrad and Moscow are now better is evidence itself of how the tradition of full on communism is evil and has killed millions.

Putin,IMO, is trying to revert to the old days when Russia held fear.

When the Berlin Wall came down it was the east that was freed from mother Russia, not other way round.
I'm truly ashamed of the anti USA tripe on here.

Are you American?
Well done China! on 13:12 - Jun 8 with 1571 viewsDarran

So if everyone in this thread 'had to' live in either America,China or Russia for the rest of their lives which one would everyone choose?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Well done China! on 13:13 - Jun 8 with 1567 viewstf_jack

Well done China! on 13:12 - Jun 8 by Darran

So if everyone in this thread 'had to' live in either America,China or Russia for the rest of their lives which one would everyone choose?

USA

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Well done China! on 13:54 - Jun 8 with 1555 viewscontroversial_jack

Well done China! on 13:13 - Jun 8 by tf_jack

USA

The USA, because they speak a kind of English
Well done China! on 14:20 - Jun 8 with 1548 viewsperchrockjack

Are you Russian?.

Staggering yo read your comments.

Put it this way, I d restart St Pete s Florida in January to the one in Ruskie.

Seems they were somewhat ashamed of Lenin to change the name as they were when they renamed Stalingrad.

Clear clue there cj, I'd stay well clear of America mucked as you might find them to be open friendly and respectful all attributes Russians do not show ,as a rule.
Do you pine for the good ol days of Brezhnev etc . At least corruption was kept in house and their people were kept in the country.

Well done China! on 14:40 - Jun 8 with 1541 viewscontroversial_jack

Well done China! on 14:20 - Jun 8 by perchrockjack

Are you Russian?.

Staggering yo read your comments.

Put it this way, I d restart St Pete s Florida in January to the one in Ruskie.

Seems they were somewhat ashamed of Lenin to change the name as they were when they renamed Stalingrad.

Clear clue there cj, I'd stay well clear of America mucked as you might find them to be open friendly and respectful all attributes Russians do not show ,as a rule.
Do you pine for the good ol days of Brezhnev etc . At least corruption was kept in house and their people were kept in the country.

US troops in over 150 countries, been at war 92% of it's time since it's creation, invaded 70 countries, the highest prison population of any country on earth, over 3000 children killed every year, 40 million have no heath care, tens of thousands killed by guns every year. Yes, they sure are a friendly peaceful people indeed
Well done China! on 14:44 - Jun 8 with 1538 viewsFlashberryjack

Well done China! on 14:40 - Jun 8 by controversial_jack

US troops in over 150 countries, been at war 92% of it's time since it's creation, invaded 70 countries, the highest prison population of any country on earth, over 3000 children killed every year, 40 million have no heath care, tens of thousands killed by guns every year. Yes, they sure are a friendly peaceful people indeed

How do Russia and China stand up against those figures you've quoted ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Well done China! on 15:03 - Jun 8 with 1530 viewscontroversial_jack

Well done China! on 14:44 - Jun 8 by Flashberryjack

How do Russia and China stand up against those figures you've quoted ?

Favourably, I believe. The point being is that the US isn't the friendly, benevolent avuncular world policeman that many Hollywood and Murdoch educated chatters on here choose to believe
Well done China! on 15:44 - Jun 8 with 1517 viewsperchrockjack

Stats eh.

Well, history tells us Russia and China didn't exactly keep records that well.

Russia enslaved half of our continent for 40 years, have a history of conquest that shames America s efforts.

As has been said to you, really you need to think wider, outside your red veil.

People went and go to America to start a new life in the way they didn't and don't I Russia apart form a few. Its only recently the country has opened its borders, China is still vicious when it needs to be.

Finally, you ll love this, without the Yanks, this country would have starved and talk to anyone who was involved in the Atlantic convoys . RUSSIANS WERENT OUR "ALLIES". They had their mind set in the same way as the NAZIS.

y

Well done China! on 16:10 - Jun 8 with 1504 viewslondonlisa2001

Every country, whether our own, the US, Russia, China or anywhere else, acts in their own self interest.

We expect it when it's our own country (indeed, insist on it) and complain when any other country does it.

From time to time, the self interest of another country may work favourably for us and be aligned with our own interests, from time to time it will work against us. Only a fool will believe that it is anything other than self interest though, whatever country it is.

The self interest of the US, for a lot of the last century has been aligned with our self interest - that doesn't mean they do things because they think of us as 'friends' - that sort of rubbish is the political equivalent of kissing the shirt - it's meaningless rubbish. They would act against us and our interests if it became important for them as a nation to do so, and they would do it without a second thought. And so they should, and I would expect us to do the same (Blair didn't, and that was wrong in my view).

The same is the case for Russia (as in the alliance in the war) or with China (as in the alliance over Hong Kong).

The mistake is in thinking that any country is automatically for us or against us - it will always depend on the circumstances.

Talking about which country you would rather live in, is almost neither here nor there in any of this. I would prefer to live in New York rather than Moscow, or in San Francisco rather than Beijing, but equally I would probably prefer to live in Rome or Barcelona rather than any of them. It doesn't mean Italy or Spain are 'better friends' than the US, it's just that I prefer them as cities. Russia politically at present is a disgrace in my view, but that doesn't change the point that St Petersburg is a stunning city (and Perch, honestly, there is no part of Florida that can compare). Shanghai is supposed to be a wonderful city as well - I still wouldn't trust anything the Chinese government did.
Well done China! on 16:11 - Jun 8 with 1501 viewsHumpty

Well done China! on 15:44 - Jun 8 by perchrockjack

Stats eh.

Well, history tells us Russia and China didn't exactly keep records that well.

Russia enslaved half of our continent for 40 years, have a history of conquest that shames America s efforts.

As has been said to you, really you need to think wider, outside your red veil.

People went and go to America to start a new life in the way they didn't and don't I Russia apart form a few. Its only recently the country has opened its borders, China is still vicious when it needs to be.

Finally, you ll love this, without the Yanks, this country would have starved and talk to anyone who was involved in the Atlantic convoys . RUSSIANS WERENT OUR "ALLIES". They had their mind set in the same way as the NAZIS.

y

I'm no fan of Putin or Stalin or any other Russian dictator.

But have you any thoughts on why Russia occupied Eastern Europe at the end of the war?

Because they're inherently evil? Or because for the 3rd time in 130 years Russia had just been invaded by Western Europe? Invasions that completely devastated huge swathes of Russia, and left it very fearful of the West and understandably wanting a buffer zone between them and the West.

Then again, the real world is a little bit more complicated than Perchworld eh? Where everything is nice and simple and black and white. We are good They are bad. Easy.
Well done China! on 16:26 - Jun 8 with 1488 viewsLord_Bony

Perchie,stop foaming at the mouth man...chill a little here.

I ve been to Russia a few times and it's a nice place,the people are nice although there are twts in every country. Would I rather live in America?...he'll yes,and have done.

The world has changed and for good or bad the power is shifting to Russia and china in the 21st century...that is a fact even the Americans agree on. I wrote that earlier in the thread as a mere observation...it does nt mean I like it or I'm a Stalinist.

Personally, I don't think the Russians or Chinese will cause much bother in future and indeed they do serve as a counter weight especially in the UN,against Americas sometimes aggressive Foreign Policy as in Libya and Syria recently.if these two had not voted against,the USA would have gone into Syria all guns blazing fighting along Al Queda with us supporting them in 2013. It would have been catastrophic...That's just one example of how they do contribute to world peace.

They are not ideal countries to live in but come on Russia is not a communist brutal dictatorship anymore,things have moved on..you should visit sometime.

Also,strongly disagree with the OP cheering on China in cyber attacks against the USA...not good.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Well done China! on 16:34 - Jun 8 with 1479 viewsDarran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3115030/Elton-John-apologises-steward-hu

Well done China! on 16:51 - Jun 8 with 1466 viewslondonlisa2001

Well done China! on 16:34 - Jun 8 by Darran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3115030/Elton-John-apologises-steward-hu

I know a couple of people that know Elton John pretty well Darr, and they say that he is simultaneously one of the biggest divas you could meet, stroppy and with a temper that goes off like a match, and yet incredibly generous (not only about money), very loyal and kind hearted and with a brilliant sense of humour.
Well done China! on 16:56 - Jun 8 with 1461 viewsLord_Bony

Chinese official freaks out at airport over Elton.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Well done China! on 18:24 - Jun 8 with 1418 viewsexiledclaseboy

There is a fair bit of irony in the U.S. president on the news just now complaining about Russia "violating the territorial integrity of other sovereign nations." With a straight face too. Impressive.

Poll: Tory leader

Well done China! on 18:33 - Jun 8 with 1406 viewsLord_Bony

Well done China! on 18:24 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

There is a fair bit of irony in the U.S. president on the news just now complaining about Russia "violating the territorial integrity of other sovereign nations." With a straight face too. Impressive.

Fair play...that takes some gall.

Well done China! on 18:53 - Jun 8 with 1389 viewsItchySphincter

Well done China! on 16:26 - Jun 8 by Lord_Bony

Perchie,stop foaming at the mouth man...chill a little here.

I ve been to Russia a few times and it's a nice place,the people are nice although there are twts in every country. Would I rather live in America?...he'll yes,and have done.

The world has changed and for good or bad the power is shifting to Russia and china in the 21st century...that is a fact even the Americans agree on. I wrote that earlier in the thread as a mere observation...it does nt mean I like it or I'm a Stalinist.

Personally, I don't think the Russians or Chinese will cause much bother in future and indeed they do serve as a counter weight especially in the UN,against Americas sometimes aggressive Foreign Policy as in Libya and Syria recently.if these two had not voted against,the USA would have gone into Syria all guns blazing fighting along Al Queda with us supporting them in 2013. It would have been catastrophic...That's just one example of how they do contribute to world peace.

They are not ideal countries to live in but come on Russia is not a communist brutal dictatorship anymore,things have moved on..you should visit sometime.

Also,strongly disagree with the OP cheering on China in cyber attacks against the USA...not good.

I've been to Russia too and with an open mind I'd say they're 30 - 40 years behind us. They're particularly pleasant and we're certainly not welcome. The younger generation is quite gay but anyone over 40 has been conditioned to avoid eye contact and avoid forming any kind of friendly casual exchange or relationship. A genuinely backward nation with every bit the brutal dictator.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2015 18:56]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Well done China! on 19:06 - Jun 8 with 1374 viewsLord_Bony

Sorry to hear about your experience...it s not one I share or have observed in the main.

I've been to Moscow and the outskirts as a tourist...twice and certainly did nt find any bad feeling.

Politically they are way behind us concerning equal rights,benefit systems etc.but eventually in years to come they will catch up...the seeds of change are already there regarding gay rights and equality etc.

I don't particularly like Putin but he is a long way off from the days of Stalin ..... I would also agree their whole political system is corrupt and flawed...having said that so is Americas.

Well done China! on 19:14 - Jun 8 with 1363 viewsDarran

Well done China! on 18:24 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

It's just a job.

Well done China! on 19:39 - Jun 8 with 1337 viewsperchrockjack

No foaming here just incredulity.

St Petersburg fla was chosen purely because of its namesake . Jesus come on.

Sorry but I've been to the east and trust me poles, Czechs, Slovaks,Hungarians, Romanians will explain how the yoke of Russian communism weighed heavy.

I've not even mentioned Russians abroad.

Is Pravda still on print

Well done China! on 19:49 - Jun 8 with 1320 viewsLord_Bony

I get what you re saying Perch and that would have been a very relevant argument....over 25 years ago.

Since then communism has finished,eastern Europe is integrated with the west and Russia is now a capitalist country that welcomes tourism from the west.

I've met my fair share of twtish ruskies abroad..we all have...but the same can be said of the Brits in the Med.

You make some very valid points in fairness but in my opinion the world has changed.

Well done China! on 19:57 - Jun 8 with 1308 viewsperchrockjack

The world has changed.

Sadly, the break down of the cccp has led to the influx of East European trash or those seeking a better life genuinely . They have not enriched our society.

Anyway, TT on soon

Well done China! on 20:05 - Jun 8 with 1300 viewsLord_Bony

Ok enjoy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024