Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) 09:38 - Jul 12 with 216064 viewsthe_gasman

Had one of these for two weeks and am gobsmacked by its capabilities. i want to be fully prepared for the football season though, and just wondering what i need to watch the swans on. I don't mind paying for this. Any advice from those that are experienced with Kodi would be great.Thanks

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:11 - Aug 15 with 6516 viewsthe_gasman

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:55 - Aug 15 by ossie_jacks

i just download the addons on my pc put them on a usb stick plug usb into my box and transfer them that way much faster,

That's what i do I got droid box as well as a zoombox now prefer zoombox but that's just cos its easier for me to find my way around The preloaded stuff is all on them both, just need to find them in apps I then keep certain zip files on usb (sports devil etc) and way to go

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:12 - Aug 15 with 6515 viewsNeathJack

Today's game is on TSN3 which is available in the UKTurk add on
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:19 - Aug 15 with 6474 viewsossie_jacks

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:12 - Aug 15 by NeathJack

Today's game is on TSN3 which is available in the UKTurk add on

tsn 2 also setanta ireland
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:09 - Aug 16 with 6342 viewsswan65split

any decent advice or way to stop the buffering on Kodi and phoenix?
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:12 - Aug 16 with 6339 viewsmonmouth

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:09 - Aug 16 by swan65split

Increasing my broadband speed from 8 to 40 mbs worked a treat for me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:25 - Aug 16 with 6331 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:09 - Aug 16 by swan65split

How bad was it buffering?

Mine buffered once or twice each half, but as soon as it started buffering, i just turned over to another feed, only takes a couple of seconds to do.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:43 - Aug 16 with 6316 viewsswan65split

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:25 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

How bad was it buffering?

Mine buffered once or twice each half, but as soon as it started buffering, i just turned over to another feed, only takes a couple of seconds to do.

kit was fairly bad early on on ukturk, so switched to a stream on Tinternet instead of Kodi
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:48 - Aug 16 with 6296 viewsDarran

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:43 - Aug 16 by swan65split

kit was fairly bad early on on ukturk, so switched to a stream on Tinternet instead of Kodi

Chris PM the real NeathJack not the joking Neath_Jack he'll help you out.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:56 - Aug 16 with 6292 viewsNeath_Jack

I only use Phoenix for live sports, they have been superb for every game this season so far. You got a good internet connection?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:30 - Aug 16 with 6271 viewsNeathJack

First thing go into the maintenance tool under programs and clear your cache. Then click on tweaks and add 0 Cache Advanced XML.

This should help with your buffering.

I find the live streams on Phoenix can be a bit buffery so once you've done the above, go to UKTurk and under the sports section scroll down to NBCSN 1080p. Give that a go and see if it buffers.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:49 - Aug 16 with 6225 viewsswan65split

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:30 - Aug 16 by NeathJack

First thing go into the maintenance tool under programs and clear your cache. Then click on tweaks and add 0 Cache Advanced XML.

I find the live streams on Phoenix can be a bit buffery so once you've done the above, go to UKTurk and under the sports section scroll down to NBCSN 1080p. Give that a go and see if it buffers.

Took an old man a while to work out what u was on about but done
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:55 - Aug 16 with 6218 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:49 - Aug 16 by swan65split

Took an old man a while to work out what u was on about but done

Is it buffering now?
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:31 - Aug 16 with 6185 viewsswan65split

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:55 - Aug 16 by NeathJack

Is it buffering now?

not on the nbcn one, will test it on a game in the week
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:39 - Aug 16 with 6180 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:31 - Aug 16 by swan65split

not on the nbcn one, will test it on a game in the week

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:56 - Aug 17 with 6079 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:30 - Aug 16 by NeathJack

Watching Liverpool v Bournemouth. Did as instructed with the cache and switched to UkTurk's NBCSN 1080. Yes it worked well - no buffering. However the problem I have with NBCSN (all the streams) is that the picture is unstable. The frame constantly flickers at about 2 second intervals - so it's a slow flicker, but it's enough. I switched back to the 1st SS1 stream which has a more stable frame although there is occasional buffering. It's bearable so thanks.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:58 - Aug 17 with 6076 viewsthe_gasman

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:56 - Aug 17 by jackrabbit

Watching Liverpool v Bournemouth. Did as instructed with the cache and switched to UkTurk's NBCSN 1080. Yes it worked well - no buffering. However the problem I have with NBCSN (all the streams) is that the picture is unstable. The frame constantly flickers at about 2 second intervals - so it's a slow flicker, but it's enough. I switched back to the 1st SS1 stream which has a more stable frame although there is occasional buffering. It's bearable so thanks.

Im watching on sports devil lovely

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:00 - Aug 17 with 6071 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:56 - Aug 17 by jackrabbit

I'm on Phoenix and it's perfect, tried Turk and it was awful.

One size doesn't fit all with these things.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:03 - Aug 17 with 6068 viewsmonmouth

The kodi streams are buffering on my wireless laptop but absolutely fine on cabled desktop. On laptop, ATDHE on chrome is picture perfect.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:09 - Aug 17 with 6063 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:00 - Aug 17 by Neath_Jack

I'm on Phoenix and it's perfect, tried Turk and it was awful.

One size doesn't fit all with these things.

Aye, UKTurk was poor tonight which is unusual.

I'm on Streamtvbox now and it's buffer free as always.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:19 - Aug 17 with 6056 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:58 - Aug 17 by the_gasman

Im watching on sports devil lovely

Where do I find sports devil?
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:23 - Aug 17 with 6052 viewsthe_gasman

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:19 - Aug 17 by jackrabbit

Where do I find sports devil?

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-sportsdevil-on-xbmc/

piece of cake
credit to Fuggie and malagajack-they posted these earlier in thread
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 21:30]

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:14 - Aug 18 with 5921 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:23 - Aug 17 by the_gasman

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-sportsdevil-on-xbmc/

piece of cake
credit to Fuggie and malagajack-they posted these earlier in thread
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 21:30]

As it happens - it's already installed. Just took a bit of finding. Thanks anyway.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:43 - Aug 19 with 5857 viewsmalagajack

try this one as an alternative

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-dutch-sports-streams-kodi-xbmc
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:50 - Aug 20 with 5757 viewsjackrabbit

After nearly 3 weeks, I'm starting to get this thing sorted. Yesterday managed to establish that my box is rooted by running Root Check, and then successfully installed TCP Buffer Link - hooray!. My keyboard and mouse from my desktop pc work fine with my android box and it does make life so much easier.

I also installed and ran the Ookla Speedtest and found that my download speed through my Sky broadband is a pathetic 14.78mbs/sec. No wonder I get buffering. Next step is to get a faster internet link and then I think I will be a happy bunny. Again, fellas, thanks for all your help. You've been brilliant.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:12 - Aug 20 with 5750 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:50 - Aug 20 by jackrabbit

After nearly 3 weeks, I'm starting to get this thing sorted. Yesterday managed to establish that my box is rooted by running Root Check, and then successfully installed TCP Buffer Link - hooray!. My keyboard and mouse from my desktop pc work fine with my android box and it does make life so much easier.

I also installed and ran the Ookla Speedtest and found that my download speed through my Sky broadband is a pathetic 14.78mbs/sec. No wonder I get buffering. Next step is to get a faster internet link and then I think I will be a happy bunny. Again, fellas, thanks for all your help. You've been brilliant.

14mb should be fine for most streaming unless your household has several people online at the same time.

Very often the buffering is coming from the source of the stream, not as a result of your own broadband speed.

A good rule of thumb is to stream a 1080p movie and see if it buffers. For instance try playing the 1080p version of The Shawshank Redemption on Genesis and see how you get on. If that plays fine with no buffering I would say your internet speed is fine.

That said, it wouldn't hurt to up your speed if you can. I'm on Virgin and have a 60mb connection that 99% of the time works like a dream.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024