Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 25% shareholding in the club 13:24 - Jul 17 with 3377 viewsSweyns_Eye

I've emailed the trust on this but I'll throw it out for discussion here anyway, whatever happened to the idea, discussed earlier this year, that the Trust should aim to get to a 25% shareholding? Is this being actively pursued?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

A 25% shareholding in the club on 13:25 - Jul 17 with 3370 viewsNeathJack

Impossible unless other shareholders are willing to sell to the Trust, which they're not.
A 25% shareholding in the club on 13:37 - Jul 17 with 3327 viewsSweyns_Eye

A 25% shareholding in the club on 13:25 - Jul 17 by NeathJack

Impossible unless other shareholders are willing to sell to the Trust, which they're not.

True, but the Trust is keeping its share dividend with the purpose of being able to buy extra shares should they become available. Is it enough to just keep banking the dividend?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.

A 25% shareholding in the club on 13:38 - Jul 17 with 3326 viewsFuggie

In addition I thought there was an agreement, unless overruled by the existing shareholders, that no individual shareholder would have more than 25%. Maybe wrong but it would explain why the Trust did not have 25% shareholding on incorporation of the current company.
A 25% shareholding in the club on 13:52 - Jul 17 with 3284 viewsMattG

A 25% shareholding in the club on 13:37 - Jul 17 by Sweyns_Eye

True, but the Trust is keeping its share dividend with the purpose of being able to buy extra shares should they become available. Is it enough to just keep banking the dividend?

Until there's someone willing to sell to the Trust, I'm not sure what else they can to, to be honest.
A 25% shareholding in the club on 16:48 - Jul 17 with 3138 viewsmorningstar

i'm not entirely sure Sweyn, but I think the 25% figure was only banded about if the takeover/investment went ahead, as I believe such a figure would give the trust certain protections from any future dilution of shares through new share issues. I don't think it's something that has been or is being actively pursued for the simple reason that the trust cannot afford to at this time. Though this is only my recollection of what i seem to remember at the time. I may be way off, but I don't thik i'm far off.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

A 25% shareholding in the club on 18:21 - Jul 17 with 3034 viewsSweyns_Eye

A 25% shareholding in the club on 16:48 - Jul 17 by morningstar

i'm not entirely sure Sweyn, but I think the 25% figure was only banded about if the takeover/investment went ahead, as I believe such a figure would give the trust certain protections from any future dilution of shares through new share issues. I don't think it's something that has been or is being actively pursued for the simple reason that the trust cannot afford to at this time. Though this is only my recollection of what i seem to remember at the time. I may be way off, but I don't thik i'm far off.

No I don't think you're far off. Owning 25% would give the Trust rights/privileges to prevent forced sale of shares. As far as I recall, the issues are that no one is selling right now and even if they were, the Trust couldn't afford the asking price for the shares to get to 25% even with 2 x annual divi payments in the bank.

Its an idea that was raised, but seems to have been forgotten now that no buy out is likely. Yes it would be difficult now to get to 25% but I feel its not something that the Trust should not aim to do, and more importantly be seen to be aiming to do - despite the difficulty.

A 25% shareholding in the club on 21:15 - Jul 17 with 2908 viewsOldjack

I think it's all about money ,the trust don't have that sort of money right now but i do believe they're aiming for it as we speak ,slowly but surely they'll reach their goal of 25% ,fingers crossed

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

A 25% shareholding in the club on 21:38 - Jul 17 with 2893 viewsmorningstar

A 25% shareholding in the club on 21:15 - Jul 17 by Oldjack

I think it's all about money ,the trust don't have that sort of money right now but i do believe they're aiming for it as we speak ,slowly but surely they'll reach their goal of 25% ,fingers crossed

The only way the trust could possibly reach 25% ownership is if we were relegated. As a premier league club it would cost anything from £5m upwards to achieve. So don't cross your fingers!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

A 25% shareholding in the club on 21:49 - Jul 17 with 2864 viewsNeath_Jack

A 25% shareholding in the club on 18:21 - Jul 17 by Sweyns_Eye

No I don't think you're far off. Owning 25% would give the Trust rights/privileges to prevent forced sale of shares. As far as I recall, the issues are that no one is selling right now and even if they were, the Trust couldn't afford the asking price for the shares to get to 25% even with 2 x annual divi payments in the bank.

Its an idea that was raised, but seems to have been forgotten now that no buy out is likely. Yes it would be difficult now to get to 25% but I feel its not something that the Trust should not aim to do, and more importantly be seen to be aiming to do - despite the difficulty.

If only one of the directors was a massive Swansea City fan who fancied gifting the necessary shares for the Trust to hit 25% and ensure it's long term security.

We can dream eh.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A 25% shareholding in the club on 21:54 - Jul 17 with 2857 viewsswanjackal

A 25% shareholding in the club on 21:49 - Jul 17 by Neath_Jack

If only one of the directors was a massive Swansea City fan who fancied gifting the necessary shares for the Trust to hit 25% and ensure it's long term security.

We can dream eh.

It might be possible, but only if Huw Cooze goes into the next board meeting with a stetson on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

A 25% shareholding in the club on 09:08 - Jul 18 with 2706 viewsUxbridge

A 25% shareholding in the club on 13:25 - Jul 17 by NeathJack

Is the right answer.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

A 25% shareholding in the club on 13:50 - Jul 18 with 2618 viewsPhil_S

A 25% shareholding in the club on 21:49 - Jul 17 by Neath_Jack

We can dream eh.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024