Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea v York Match Details - let's break the 16,000 att 23:49 - Aug 13 with 15544 viewsjackharris

Prices released thanks Cliff
Adults £12
Concessions £7
kids £2

To start we need sensible pricing of

£10 adults
£5 concessions
kids for a Quid!

We need tickets to be advertised better than last year! And sales not left to the last minute like the Rotherham match! There were just under 13,000 for that match, however, fans were still coming in through the whole of the 1st half!

A stumbling block is that we have to agree match day prices with York City (as it is normally 45% for each club and 10% to the Football League)! Therefore, we might need to offer York some sort of incentive!

This is also a match during the School Holidays!

York will request the minimum allocation block of 1,050 at most (with a predicted 100 to 200 of their fans travelling)!

Therefore, that leaves 20,000 home seats available!

The Jackharris' aim is therefore to get a 20,000 crowd for the game!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 23:50]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 23:56 - Aug 13 with 8098 viewswestside

£10 is enough.

none of this £15 business like for deportivo
The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 23:57 - Aug 13 with 8089 viewsDull1Thomas

I've read enough posts on here and elsewhere to know about 1/2 our ST holders won't go. So more chance for new and floating fans to become hooked, as long as the club makes and effort which includes playing a decent 11.

I would also like to see the club tell those who attend Capital One Cup games from round 2 (if we progress) they will be given first refusal for the next round (limited tickets for away ties on a first come first serve basis for the same group) irrespective of being ST holders etc. I know quite a few who supported the cup run in 2012 / 13 up to the semi-finals (home as they couldn't get away tickets) who couldn't get a ticket for the final.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 23:57 - Aug 13 with 8020 viewsScoobyWho

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 23:56 - Aug 13 by westside

£10 is enough.

none of this £15 business like for deportivo

£10 adults and £5 for kids and old folk is spot on.

A nice gesture would be make the away tickets £5 across the board.
Giving something back etc.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2015 23:59]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 00:01 - Aug 14 with 7993 viewsjackharris

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 23:57 - Aug 13 by ScoobyWho

£10 adults and £5 for kids and old folk is spot on.

A nice gesture would be make the away tickets £5 across the board.
Giving something back etc.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2015 23:59]

Yes I like it 1,000 Away tickets (York fans) all priced £5!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 0:02]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 00:08 - Aug 14 with 7974 viewsjackharris

I'm thinking now it was even lower and around £8 for adult ST holders and £4 concessions ST holders last year for Rotherham!

Perhaps keep it at the general £10 and £5 and get rid of the Booking Fees and print at home fees for this match?

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 00:11 - Aug 14 with 7963 viewsjackharris

Take the Swansea City trailer around West Wales and sell tickets from that. Go to any shows that are left or local matches down Carmarthenshire! Print a block of tickets to take in the trailer, like they used to do to sell in the booths around the Liberty! Advertise where tickets are going to be sold!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 0:20]

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 08:06 - Aug 14 with 7662 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sounds like a good idea send it to our Marketing Department. One day in each town in Carmarthenshire and Pembroke accompanied by some of our ambassadors should sell a few shirts and tickets.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 08:15 - Aug 14 with 7634 viewsEdmundo

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 08:06 - Aug 14 by felixstowe_jack

Sounds like a good idea send it to our Marketing Department. One day in each town in Carmarthenshire and Pembroke accompanied by some of our ambassadors should sell a few shirts and tickets.

How about a trailer for Central Cardiff, Newport and Merthyr # hearts and minds 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Login to get fewer ads

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 08:23 - Aug 14 with 7613 viewsJackSomething

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 23:57 - Aug 13 by Dull1Thomas

I've read enough posts on here and elsewhere to know about 1/2 our ST holders won't go. So more chance for new and floating fans to become hooked, as long as the club makes and effort which includes playing a decent 11.

I would also like to see the club tell those who attend Capital One Cup games from round 2 (if we progress) they will be given first refusal for the next round (limited tickets for away ties on a first come first serve basis for the same group) irrespective of being ST holders etc. I know quite a few who supported the cup run in 2012 / 13 up to the semi-finals (home as they couldn't get away tickets) who couldn't get a ticket for the final.

As a season ticket holder and someone who goes to all home cup matches, I thoroughly agree with this. It won't happen though as it's too much work and some season ticket holders will moan (probably the ones who don't go to the cup games anyway).

What they could do is instruct all non-ST holders to retain their ticket stubs. Then, if we do progress to more desirable matches, limit ST holders to their own seat only, no extra tickets. You'll still get plenty of ST holders not interested, leaving a good number of seats. After ST holders, the tickets will go on sale to those with stubs for all previous rounds before general sale. Rewards those who've been going to the early rounds. It still won't happen though, as it involves extra work.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 08:25 - Aug 14 with 7605 viewsdgt73

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 00:01 - Aug 14 by jackharris

Yes I like it 1,000 Away tickets (York fans) all priced £5!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 0:02]

York will bring no more than 200 .....
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 8:29]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 08:31 - Aug 14 with 7583 viewsxmastree

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 08:23 - Aug 14 by JackSomething

As a season ticket holder and someone who goes to all home cup matches, I thoroughly agree with this. It won't happen though as it's too much work and some season ticket holders will moan (probably the ones who don't go to the cup games anyway).

What they could do is instruct all non-ST holders to retain their ticket stubs. Then, if we do progress to more desirable matches, limit ST holders to their own seat only, no extra tickets. You'll still get plenty of ST holders not interested, leaving a good number of seats. After ST holders, the tickets will go on sale to those with stubs for all previous rounds before general sale. Rewards those who've been going to the early rounds. It still won't happen though, as it involves extra work.

There isn't extra work tho is there ?. That is the whole point of access control. Everyone who has a ticket must register to buy it and then have it scanned. The club know exactly who has purchased and come to the game. Its on their account surely
The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 08:46 - Aug 14 with 7551 viewsJackSomething

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 08:31 - Aug 14 by xmastree

There isn't extra work tho is there ?. That is the whole point of access control. Everyone who has a ticket must register to buy it and then have it scanned. The club know exactly who has purchased and come to the game. Its on their account surely

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I was thinking that those with stubs would have to visit the ticket office in a first come, first served system. If the club can have it all set up through the online system, then it'll just be down to who can get on there quickest when they go on sale.

If that's the case then the club have no excuse not to do something like this and reward those who go to every game.

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 13:30 - Aug 14 with 7391 viewsjackharris

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 08:25 - Aug 14 by dgt73

York will bring no more than 200 .....
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 8:29]

Yes I agree, see my original post! 100 to 200 max! A price incentive might raise this up to 400 max! I stated 1,000 tickets because that is how many tickets they will be allocated! Half of the away end! It doesn't say they will sell all those tickets!

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 13:46 - Aug 14 with 7345 viewsJBT95

Why do the club owe us anything?

£15 for a competitive game is a good price imo. £5 kids. Family night out for £40, happy days.
The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 13:57 - Aug 14 with 7307 viewsJackSomething

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 13:46 - Aug 14 by JBT95

Why do the club owe us anything?

£15 for a competitive game is a good price imo. £5 kids. Family night out for £40, happy days.

Here's the point ---->

Here's you ----->

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 14:00 - Aug 14 with 7293 viewsstircrazyjack

14k max at this game. Not bad if less than half season ticket holders turn up
The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 16:22 - Aug 14 with 7167 viewsJBT95

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 13:57 - Aug 14 by JackSomething

Here's the point ---->

Here's you ----->

No. Everybody wants something for nothing it seems these days. I'm hardly from a wealthy background but believe in paying my way.
The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 23:42 - Aug 16 with 6924 viewsjackharris

Come on the Swans Get the prices sorted with the Yorkies and get those tickets on sale!

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 23:53 - Aug 16 with 6905 viewsJackSomething

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 16:22 - Aug 14 by JBT95

No. Everybody wants something for nothing it seems these days. I'm hardly from a wealthy background but believe in paying my way.

How is £10 adults, £5 seniors and kids for a quid something for nothing? That was the pricing for the Rotherham and Everton games last year by the way.

By knocking a few quid off the prices you suggest, the club increase the attendance and therefore the atmosphere. More people there, especially kids, increases takings for food and drink. It gets more potential regulars of the future in the stadium and the generous pricing earns goodwill. The downside is the club earn a little less on tickets, which is hardly going to make a big difference to the club's financial position.

You're entitled to think it should be more expensive despite all that because you believe in 'paying your way', but I think that's a short-sighted and frankly bizarre opinion.

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 06:41 - Aug 17 with 6794 viewsDr_Winston

£10 is ample for a game like this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 06:55 - Aug 17 with 6778 viewsjack247

I'm going.

Games like this are ideal for getting kids along, especially as it is during the school holidays. £10/£5 sounds about right, but I'd happily pay £15 if it meant they could do kids for a quid in the family stand or something.
The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 13:39 - Aug 17 with 6632 viewsjackharris

The Official Twitter Account has stated The match details will be announced this afternoon!

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 14:14 - Aug 17 with 6592 viewsCliffTop

Just happened to go on to look at tickets for other matches and they are on there to buy

£12 for adults
£7 OAP and Students
£1 under 16's

Think that pricing is pretty spot on.
The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 14:49 - Aug 17 with 6494 viewsNeathJack

The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York Match Thread on 14:14 - Aug 17 by CliffTop

Just happened to go on to look at tickets for other matches and they are on there to buy

£12 for adults
£7 OAP and Students
£1 under 16's

Think that pricing is pretty spot on.

Add on £2.50 for the privilege of using your own ink to print off the ticket as well I guess?
Edited - Prices Released* The Official let's have over 20,000 fans at the York M on 14:55 - Aug 17 with 6472 viewsjackharris

. . . ahead of Capital One Cup clash at the Liberty

Tickets for Swansea City's Capital One Cup tie against York will go on sale from 10am on Tuesday (August 18).
The Swans welcome the League Two side to the Liberty Stadium on Tuesday, August 25 with a kick-off time of 7.45pm.
For this fixture only the East and West stands will initially be open, but in the event that ticket sales are in high demand then both the North and South stands will also be opened.
We encourage supporters to use the print at home option when purchasing tickets - there is also a cheaper booking fee for this.
Season ticket holders aren't guaranteed their normal seats, but they have until Thursday (August 20) to select the best seats available.
They can also purchase extra tickets - maximum of six per season ticket holder.

Order of sales:
From 10am on Tuesday, August 18
Season ticket holders only. Online, in-person at the Ticket Office or by contacting 0844 815 6665
Adults - £12
Concessions - £7
*Children - £2

From 10am on Thursday, August 20
General sale - online, in-person at the Ticket Office or by contacting 0844 815 6665
Adults - £12
Concessions - £7
*Children - £2

PLEASE NOTE: There will be an increase in ticket prices if purchased on the day of the fixture (August 25). Price change will be as follows:
Adults - £15
Concessions - £10
*Children - £5

*NOTE: Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.

Supporters will also be awarded one Jack Army point for this fixture.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024