Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now 12:25 - Oct 27 with 7962 viewsChurchie

I am sick of the bitching and negativity on this site now. Sick of people wanting to lose to get rid of whoever.This site is contributing to the acidic attitude at LR and instead of being the twelve man reduces us to nine. Good on you who are booing the boo boys but if the negativity wins I hope they get all they wish for. I am sure they will not. And then they will piss off.

Time to get some positivity ,encouragement and togetherness at LR and away now and forget the personal agendas.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2015 14:31]
Last Chance Corrall for LFT for me now on 12:27 - Oct 27 with 6153 viewssimmo

Liver function tests (LFTs or LFs) are groups of blood tests that give information about the state of a patient's liver.

Good luck, mate.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2015 12:29]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Last Chance Corrall for LFT for me now on 12:31 - Oct 27 with 6125 viewsChurchie

Last Chance Corrall for LFT for me now on 12:27 - Oct 27 by simmo

Liver function tests (LFTs or LFs) are groups of blood tests that give information about the state of a patient's liver.

Good luck, mate.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2015 12:29]

Saw it and changed it. Anger management for me perhaps mate. LOL
Last Chance Corrall for LFT for me now on 21:06 - Oct 27 with 5841 viewsHitch

Last Chance Corrall for LFT for me now on 12:31 - Oct 27 by Churchie

Saw it and changed it. Anger management for me perhaps mate. LOL

Good on ya Churchie. I have been pissed off with the constant venom on here lately. I wonder how many on here and the clowns at the match are sober when they unleash their vitriol.
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 22:56 - Oct 27 with 5664 viewsPunteR

Its just a phase.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 23:04 - Oct 27 with 5638 viewsBluce_Ree

Massive pre-flounce!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Last Chance Corrall for LFT for me now on 23:09 - Oct 27 with 5625 viewsDorse

Last Chance Corrall for LFT for me now on 21:06 - Oct 27 by Hitch

Good on ya Churchie. I have been pissed off with the constant venom on here lately. I wonder how many on here and the clowns at the match are sober when they unleash their vitriol.

If it's any consolation, I'm rarely sober. But, you know, I try to stay cheerful.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 02:10 - Oct 28 with 5532 viewstimcocking

Agreed. It's actually draining having a gander on here nowadays. Lose a game of football (or even win 3-0) and people act like the world is about to end and everybody did it on purpose. Depressing as fcuk.

I think these forums and things have actually made many worse with all the pillocks being able to get a platform for their crap so everybody is bombarded with it. It's as bad as reading the newspapers.
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 09:11 - Oct 28 with 5410 viewsTHEBUSH

I agree it's very disappointing how some posters on here get to abuse some of our players and the owners with nasty personal attacks.

I wonder if some of these personal attacks would be said 'face to face ' or are they just hiding behind this message board
Login to get fewer ads

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 09:25 - Oct 28 with 5386 viewsGloryHunter

Corral.
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 09:52 - Oct 28 with 5331 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 09:25 - Oct 28 by GloryHunter

Corral.

Isn't it the last chance saloon and OK corral?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2015 9:52]
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 09:54 - Oct 28 with 5325 viewsTheBlob

Paddy Power's better.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 10:23 - Oct 28 with 5277 viewsCHUBBS

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 22:56 - Oct 27 by PunteR

Its just a phase.

It's spreading,was round my aunties and witnessed my uncle slumped over the lawn mower crying.
I said to her,what's wrong with him?
She said,he's just going through a rough patch.
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 10:44 - Oct 28 with 5236 viewsBluce_Ree

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 11:23 - Oct 28 with 5183 viewsloftboy

At the end of the day it's a public forum, not everyone will agree with everything posted, I used to flounce regularly until I realised I was being a cock, had some proper barneys on here in the past but when I've actually met the posters they've been nice as pie, a lot of old regulars going back to 1998 and the days of rivals have stopped posting here down to the fact you can't say anything controversial, was out for a drink a couple of weeks ago with Furlongforengland, used to be a great wind up merchant but stopped posting, Bazwot had over ten thousand posts on here, was round his gaff recently, no longer posts, maybe we should submit our posts in triplicate to a pc committee for approval before posting!
Feel sorry for Clive as he took this site on as a young lad and turns sit into the best site by far for reports and articles, unfortunately the newer generation of fan that now posts here have driven out the old school and take offence far to easy. (Yes I know I upset a few with a post last saturday) but there's far less offensive stuff than that that gets posted which someone or another finds umbrage with. 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕
[Post edited 28 Oct 2015 11:24]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 11:29 - Oct 28 with 5170 viewsChurchie

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 09:52 - Oct 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Isn't it the last chance saloon and OK corral?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2015 9:52]

Probably I`m past caring, I'm sure you'll get my drift. Does it matter?
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 11:30 - Oct 28 with 5161 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 11:29 - Oct 28 by Churchie

Probably I`m past caring, I'm sure you'll get my drift. Does it matter?

Not at all and I sympathise with your position.

Was just being pedantic.
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 11:35 - Oct 28 with 5152 viewsTheBlob

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 11:23 - Oct 28 by loftboy

At the end of the day it's a public forum, not everyone will agree with everything posted, I used to flounce regularly until I realised I was being a cock, had some proper barneys on here in the past but when I've actually met the posters they've been nice as pie, a lot of old regulars going back to 1998 and the days of rivals have stopped posting here down to the fact you can't say anything controversial, was out for a drink a couple of weeks ago with Furlongforengland, used to be a great wind up merchant but stopped posting, Bazwot had over ten thousand posts on here, was round his gaff recently, no longer posts, maybe we should submit our posts in triplicate to a pc committee for approval before posting!
Feel sorry for Clive as he took this site on as a young lad and turns sit into the best site by far for reports and articles, unfortunately the newer generation of fan that now posts here have driven out the old school and take offence far to easy. (Yes I know I upset a few with a post last saturday) but there's far less offensive stuff than that that gets posted which someone or another finds umbrage with. 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Yes it would probably be for the better if there was more physical interraction(ooer)
I get dug out,by one particulat fukwit in general,for a couple of "flounces".Those,amigos,were both down to physical and mental collapse after having battled the entire NHS single handedly over my severely disabled brother's treatment and demeanour.Just to put the record straight.It's a constant battle but for the moment we're winning.
You can have a pop at me all you want,I've got a very thick skin,but please don't hide behing that giant vat of Clearasil - get out there and meet your adversary.If you're in the vicinity of Aberystwyth I'll buy you a pint or six.

Lend us a tenner.I'm all right until Thursday.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 11:57 - Oct 28 with 5110 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think it flared up because people scented blood in the water after TF and LF's comments to the media, combined with our dire form, and a sacking seemed imminent.

Now that Ramsey has made steps to improve the defence and picked up a few results - i think things will dissipate down to a bit of background grumbling.

I actually think the abuse Ramsey is getting is far more professional than personal - loads of threads picking apart his management, lack of experience, tactics, strategy, selection etc etc etc rather than him as a person.

Redknapp used to get far more personal abuse for being lazy, not present, phoning it in, dodgy deadlings, taking the chairman for a ride etc etc.

And Hughes got far more overt rascist abuse 'the taffia' etc.
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 13:16 - Oct 28 with 5016 viewsChurchie

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 11:23 - Oct 28 by loftboy

My issue is, the fact that we all support Rrrs we should want them to do well. It should be obvious to see that booing them and pouncing on each and every mistake is going to make them loose confidence. Someone mentioned how many players get worse at QPR. Tell me how Henry will get better with dogs abuse, Hoillet, Poulter,Ned,Tozer, Ramsey, you make your own lists. Forget the coaching perhaps we should look at the performance of the support they get once in a while.
No one has to agree with anything on here Loftboy but what is contentious here then?
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 13:47 - Oct 28 with 4974 viewsIngham

Interesting point by Churchie.

A few people whose expectations were formed - unrealistically, in my view - by the mentality of the likes of Beard and his '45,000' stadium (shrinking ever since), 'Champions League' Bhatia (the financial wizard who insinuated QPR was 'debt-free') and 'world class talent' Fernandes - are probably misguided.

Instead of giving way to mindless abuse, think of some of our more striking performances. At City and Leicester, last season, for instance. Sizeable, noisy, loyal travelling support. Now, ask yourselves, and be REALISTIC. If the players' MONEY had been there that day (if they were paid in cash, in other words) would they have 'turned up' then? For £10,000, or £20,000 just for that one game?

Yes. But what reason is there to 'turn up' when they get the money anyway, and their own season-long incompetence had the Club in bottom position anyway, and already relegated.

It isn't as if they can do anything about it, they CAN'T. Lower your expectations. No. Don't be silly. More than THAT. And then get behind them. Why? Well, I don't know. Because they're useless.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone better. And I'm sure Ramsey doesn't want anyone better, either. When they lose a game, of course, even if their jobs are not on the line, his will be, and, in order not to be negative, the players - correctly - will, as usual, refrain from taking any of the blame themselves. They certainly won't admit that they're rubbish if they are.

They didn't last season, did they?

If i were a player, I don't think I could perform at my best with the kind of insults some dish out at QPR. Certainly not, Mummy. Bad enough some lout kicking me all over the park from the first minute on, one of those rude boys there always is in the playground, elbow in the eye, fist in the gob, you name it Mummikins.

But O, that is nothing, NOTHING by comparison to some nasty oik in the stands shouting, o, no, Mummy, don't make me say it. Shan't! 'Get your finger out you effing p*nsy' is too much. And the gestures, Mummy, the gestures. *Sob*.

No, she won't take the proffered £10,000, or £20,000 a week and put up with being called - by implication, - an overpaid, incompetent, posturing half-wit.

Not even if she is PLAYING like one. It is not negative to lose games, any more than it is negative to run up massive losses on the Club's tab. Or to give the ball away. Or fail to defend.

Things are looking up on that front, but don't SAY so. That would imply that they had been less than satisfactory before, and that is SO NEGATIVE.

And just bear in mind, once again, that it is VERY NAUGHTY to say rude things, children. If I hear anything like that again, I will take flopsy-wopsy and flounce off to where I'll get £500 a week and couldn't care less whether I'm a joke or not. They'll just laugh.

After all, you wouldn't want anyone better, would you? They wouldn't, because if that happened, they'd be out of a job.

Just applaud. Applaud when they lose, applaud when the losses soar, when the signings are poor, when the poor Manager is sacked for the players' failure to win, when the Club is relegated, when we lose, when we give the ball away.

Otherwise no-one will be willing to come here and play badly any more, even for £30,000 a week.

Think of the Club. What happens when our support is loud, long and completely uncritical. We win, don't we?

No. In fact, they've had that kind of support for decades, and they don't win. But don't SAY so.

Jim Gregory said that they paid their money, they were entitled to their say. But, for a QPR chairman, he was INORDINATELY successful, overseeing our three most successful teams. But just shut up, what did he know anyway (oh, god, where are the effing smiley things).

We're in danger of strangling our discussions because we're locked into the illusion that optimism is a more upbeat form of reality. It is not. It is nothing more than hoping for the best.

And the rest of us don't? The mouthy ones hope for it too, they just aren't impressed by the Club experiencing a new dawn that doesn't materialise as each sacked Manager turns into another sacked Manager, and another abandoned 'squad'.

If the players put their money where their mouth is, and were only paid when they won, that would be different. But THEY don't believe all the optimism stuff, do they? They want the money whether they're any good or not.

Perhaps it is time we took that seriously. They are not here to deliver anything good. It is expecting too much. Just playing, however badly, is their job. Nothing more.

Don't get me wrong. When we GET players who DO more, then we can adjust our expectations accordingly. Year in, year out, just as their predecessors have failed, year in, year out, with few exceptions.

They are far smarter than the people who run Clubs like ours. They're always in the money, even though the number of successful Clubs never increases, and no matter how badly they play. While Clubs like ours just lose more and more indulging them.

We should have the players and the players union running QPR. Then, at the very worst, the Club would always be in profit, and QPR would be as unsentimental about dumping them as they are about us. Moving on to better players when it can as they move on to better Clubs.

As it is, we pay the losers more and more, they never want to leave, and we're stuck with them forever. However wrong-headed, the mouthy ones are putting that point across in a way that all the unfounded optimism and empty promises can never do.

And in so doing, they're getting behind the Club. None of them, the players, the manager, would be here if they were any better.

Why shouldn't we be as cold-bloodedly realistic as them? Surely we don't imagine that the reason we haven't got 'world class talent' is that the best players aren't 'optimistic' about QPR.

They aren't. They're honest, and realistic.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2015 14:50]
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 19:19 - Oct 28 with 4832 viewsBasingstokeR

Isn't the part of the point made in the OP about the a proportion of "boo boys"; that they aren't being honest and realistic at the moment Ingham?

What do you think of fans actively wanting the club to lose games?
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 22:36 - Oct 28 with 4731 viewsnix

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 13:47 - Oct 28 by Ingham

A few people whose expectations were formed - unrealistically, in my view - by the mentality of the likes of Beard and his '45,000' stadium (shrinking ever since), 'Champions League' Bhatia (the financial wizard who insinuated QPR was 'debt-free') and 'world class talent' Fernandes - are probably misguided.

Instead of giving way to mindless abuse, think of some of our more striking performances. At City and Leicester, last season, for instance. Sizeable, noisy, loyal travelling support. Now, ask yourselves, and be REALISTIC. If the players' MONEY had been there that day (if they were paid in cash, in other words) would they have 'turned up' then? For £10,000, or £20,000 just for that one game?

Yes. But what reason is there to 'turn up' when they get the money anyway, and their own season-long incompetence had the Club in bottom position anyway, and already relegated.

It isn't as if they can do anything about it, they CAN'T. Lower your expectations. No. Don't be silly. More than THAT. And then get behind them. Why? Well, I don't know. Because they're useless.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone better. And I'm sure Ramsey doesn't want anyone better, either. When they lose a game, of course, even if their jobs are not on the line, his will be, and, in order not to be negative, the players - correctly - will, as usual, refrain from taking any of the blame themselves. They certainly won't admit that they're rubbish if they are.

If i were a player, I don't think I could perform at my best with the kind of insults some dish out at QPR. Certainly not, Mummy. Bad enough some lout kicking me all over the park from the first minute on, one of those rude boys there always is in the playground, elbow in the eye, fist in the gob, you name it Mummikins.

But O, that is nothing, NOTHING by comparison to some nasty oik in the stands shouting, o, no, Mummy, don't make me say it. Shan't! 'Get your finger out you effing p*nsy' is too much. And the gestures, Mummy, the gestures. *Sob*.

No, she won't take the proffered £10,000, or £20,000 a week and put up with being called - by implication, - an overpaid, incompetent, posturing half-wit.

Not even if she is PLAYING like one. It is not negative to lose games, any more than it is negative to run up massive losses on the Club's tab. Or to give the ball away. Or fail to defend.

Things are looking up on that front, but don't SAY so. That would imply that they had been less than satisfactory before, and that is SO NEGATIVE.

And just bear in mind, once again, that it is VERY NAUGHTY to say rude things, children. If I hear anything like that again, I will take flopsy-wopsy and flounce off to where I'll get £500 a week and couldn't care less whether I'm a joke or not. They'll just laugh.

After all, you wouldn't want anyone better, would you? They wouldn't, because if that happened, they'd be out of a job.

Just applaud. Applaud when they lose, applaud when the losses soar, when the signings are poor, when the poor Manager is sacked for the players' failure to win, when the Club is relegated, when we lose, when we give the ball away.

Otherwise no-one will be willing to come here and play badly any more, even for £30,000 a week.

Think of the Club. What happens when our support is loud, long and completely uncritical. We win, don't we?

No. In fact, they've had that kind of support for decades, and they don't win. But don't SAY so.

Jim Gregory said that they paid their money, they were entitled to their say. But, for a QPR chairman, he was INORDINATELY successful, overseeing our three most successful teams. But just shut up, what did he know anyway (oh, god, where are the effing smiley things).

We're in danger of strangling our discussions because we're locked into the illusion that optimism is a more upbeat form of reality. It is not. It is nothing more than hoping for the best.

And the rest of us don't? The mouthy ones hope for it too, they just aren't impressed by the Club experiencing a new dawn that doesn't materialise as each sacked Manager turns into another sacked Manager, and another abandoned 'squad'.

If the players put their money where their mouth is, and were only paid when they won, that would be different. But THEY don't believe all the optimism stuff, do they? They want the money whether they're any good or not.

Perhaps it is time we took that seriously. They are not here to deliver anything good. It is expecting too much. Just playing, however badly, is their job. Nothing more.

Don't get me wrong. When we GET players who DO more, then we can adjust our expectations accordingly. Year in, year out, just as their predecessors have failed, year in, year out, with few exceptions.

They are far smarter than the people who run Clubs like ours. They're always in the money, even though the number of successful Clubs never increases, and no matter how badly they play. While Clubs like ours just lose more and more indulging them.

We should have the players and the players union running QPR. Then, at the very worst, the Club would always be in profit, and QPR would be as unsentimental about dumping them as they are about us. Moving on to better players when it can as they move on to better Clubs.

As it is, we pay the losers more and more, they never want to leave, and we're stuck with them forever. However wrong-headed, the mouthy ones are putting that point across in a way that all the unfounded optimism and empty promises can never do.

And in so doing, they're getting behind the Club. None of them, the players, the manager, would be here if they were any better.

Why shouldn't we be as cold-bloodedly realistic as them? Surely we don't imagine that the reason we haven't got 'world class talent' is that the best players aren't 'optimistic' about QPR.

The trouble with your analysis Ingham in my view is that it is based on a faulty premise. We're not in the sh-t because our owners/fans/supporters were too optimistic. It's because the owners/CEO/managers didn't work to a realistic business plan. They didn't choose players who would provide a long term future for the club. They tried to buy success over the short term. I couldn't stand many of that team - the Sambas, Bosingwa, Granero, Essoue-Ekotto who shamelessly took the money without giving a f-ck about the club or the fans.

I think the regime now is entirely different. Les and Ramsey, whatever you think about them are trying to build a long term sustainable future for the club. The players that are coming in now seem to work hard both in training and on the pitch. Things might not always go right but there's much more to look forward to.

You may not like optimistic people but study after study shows they're more successful in all areas of life. Don't see why football should be any different. You may find you work harder and smarter if people shout abuse at you; I find that I work better without it. I don't think anyone's saying mindless cheering at everything. Just not mindless booing and abuse. Yes, it's just an opinion but I'm as entitled to it as you are to be sarcastic and critical of anyone who doesn't share your dystopian or realistic as you would call it, view of life.

OP please keep posting because I'm not even sure you're in the minority. As Rob Green said in the podcast - boos just make more racket than the same number of people cheering.
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 23:24 - Oct 28 with 4685 viewsconnell10

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 22:36 - Oct 28 by nix

The trouble with your analysis Ingham in my view is that it is based on a faulty premise. We're not in the sh-t because our owners/fans/supporters were too optimistic. It's because the owners/CEO/managers didn't work to a realistic business plan. They didn't choose players who would provide a long term future for the club. They tried to buy success over the short term. I couldn't stand many of that team - the Sambas, Bosingwa, Granero, Essoue-Ekotto who shamelessly took the money without giving a f-ck about the club or the fans.

I think the regime now is entirely different. Les and Ramsey, whatever you think about them are trying to build a long term sustainable future for the club. The players that are coming in now seem to work hard both in training and on the pitch. Things might not always go right but there's much more to look forward to.

You may not like optimistic people but study after study shows they're more successful in all areas of life. Don't see why football should be any different. You may find you work harder and smarter if people shout abuse at you; I find that I work better without it. I don't think anyone's saying mindless cheering at everything. Just not mindless booing and abuse. Yes, it's just an opinion but I'm as entitled to it as you are to be sarcastic and critical of anyone who doesn't share your dystopian or realistic as you would call it, view of life.

OP please keep posting because I'm not even sure you're in the minority. As Rob Green said in the podcast - boos just make more racket than the same number of people cheering.

Great post mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 00:08 - Oct 29 with 4646 viewsHitch

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 13:47 - Oct 28 by Ingham

You seem to have a mummy fetish
Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 08:15 - Oct 29 with 4522 viewsDorse

Last Chance Corrall for LFW for me now on 00:08 - Oct 29 by Hitch

You seem to have a mummy fetish

Lots of people do. You know, love his mum.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024