Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Video editing software 17:43 - Jan 4 with 3042 viewslittle_britton

Has anybody know of any good editing software my son could download onto his pc. He wants to go into that when he finishes school and university.
I don't mind paying but if anybody knows of any free ones even better
Thanks
Video editing software on 18:10 - Jan 4 with 3027 viewsMagic_Michu

If he's serious about going into video editing he's going to need a Mac.

Final Cut Pro is good software that can create professional looking films.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Video editing software on 18:16 - Jan 4 with 3016 viewsphact0rri

What Operating System?

Does he study or have a working base on video editing on computer? If in school has he learned about EDLs, or got any Editing Suite time from tape-to-tape.

If he's still wanting to mess around to get a bit in the door. Easiest is that both Mac and Windows come standard with Video editors. IMovie, and Windows Movie Maker respectively.

If your looking for something middle of the road. He knows a bit but he's not ready for Avid or Vegas or such. Premiere is great primer in how EDLs work IMHO.

Source: I studied film and videography at university
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 18:16]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Video editing software on 18:36 - Jan 4 with 2997 viewsjack247

Video editing software on 18:10 - Jan 4 by Magic_Michu

If he's serious about going into video editing he's going to need a Mac.

Final Cut Pro is good software that can create professional looking films.

I use Final Cut Pro X as well. Quite user friendly once you get your head around it. IMovie is a decent low quality imitation of it, but at least is free. Not that it would be impossible to get FCPX for free if you really wanted it.

I'd agree a Mac is probably the way forward. Not sure what kind of software is available for PCs
Video editing software on 18:50 - Jan 4 with 2986 viewsphact0rri

Video editing software on 18:36 - Jan 4 by jack247

I use Final Cut Pro X as well. Quite user friendly once you get your head around it. IMovie is a decent low quality imitation of it, but at least is free. Not that it would be impossible to get FCPX for free if you really wanted it.

I'd agree a Mac is probably the way forward. Not sure what kind of software is available for PCs

But most of the industry is on Vegas, Premiere (due to cost and we count smaller houses) and Avid.

If your going in for a career its still expected you know Avid, and After effects

Final Cut tends to be used on laptops for dailies or quick EDLs than full on suites.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 18:51]

Video editing software on 19:15 - Jan 4 with 2961 viewslittle_britton

Video editing software on 18:16 - Jan 4 by phact0rri

What Operating System?

Does he study or have a working base on video editing on computer? If in school has he learned about EDLs, or got any Editing Suite time from tape-to-tape.

If he's still wanting to mess around to get a bit in the door. Easiest is that both Mac and Windows come standard with Video editors. IMovie, and Windows Movie Maker respectively.

If your looking for something middle of the road. He knows a bit but he's not ready for Avid or Vegas or such. Premiere is great primer in how EDLs work IMHO.

Source: I studied film and videography at university
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 18:16]

Thank you for the advice, friend.
my son says he is Currently playing around with different programme's on an ASUS laptop, trying out Wondershare Filmora at the moment. Very familiar with how to use and work the Basic editing such as cropping, cutting, split screens, audio enhancement, video speed, filters, text, music, transitions and freeze framing.
Would be more interested in working with camera's and lighting in the future so a very in depth programme to use for editing is not vital but very welcome.
Video editing software on 19:20 - Jan 4 with 2956 viewsjack247

Video editing software on 18:50 - Jan 4 by phact0rri

But most of the industry is on Vegas, Premiere (due to cost and we count smaller houses) and Avid.

If your going in for a career its still expected you know Avid, and After effects

Final Cut tends to be used on laptops for dailies or quick EDLs than full on suites.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 18:51]

Yeah probably, mine isn't very high quality. It's mainly an hour or so worth of GoPro edited down to a few minutes with a bit of music thrown in.
Video editing software on 19:58 - Jan 4 with 2933 viewsLord_Bony

Windows Movie Maker. Piece of cake to use,ive done some great music dids on there it's even got an auto button just hit it and it will make a great movie for you. Just upload the vids and pics into it...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Video editing software on 20:09 - Jan 4 with 2922 viewsphact0rri

Video editing software on 19:15 - Jan 4 by little_britton

Thank you for the advice, friend.
my son says he is Currently playing around with different programme's on an ASUS laptop, trying out Wondershare Filmora at the moment. Very familiar with how to use and work the Basic editing such as cropping, cutting, split screens, audio enhancement, video speed, filters, text, music, transitions and freeze framing.
Would be more interested in working with camera's and lighting in the future so a very in depth programme to use for editing is not vital but very welcome.

Lighting was what I was most interested in. the cameras were fun, though I tended to do audio stuffs mostly due to my background going into university.

I'd suggest Premiere is where you would want to go. After Effects is also great and can teach your a lot about lighting. You can do subscription plans for Adobe now and worth looking into if you want to go that route.

Also you might want to have him take a look at this. http://www.mediacollege.com/video/editing/ There are a few other schooling sites, I'm sure if you tool around google.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024