Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Championship 00:04 - Jan 24 with 1389 viewsjackrabbit

Was invited to attend Fulham v Hull today at the Cottage, and as I hadn't seen a live Championship game since Swans v Reading in May, 2011, I thought it would be interesting to compare it with the Premier League experience. To be fair to Fulham their gates have held up pretty well. Despite Fulham's indifferent form, the ground was more than 3/4 full, so it was quite a lively atmosphere in the ground. The game was poor. Lots of good football played in innocuous areas of the pitch but very little in the 'final third' where it matters. Nobody seemed prepared to have a shot on goal.......that sounds a bit familiar? In the end Hull won with a penalty given away by a foul right on the bye line, and went top of the Championship. Swans would have beaten either side with ease IMHO.

Our old boy Jazz Richards had a solid if unspectacular game at right back, and I was impressed with Fulhams's gangly centre back, Byrne, and their no.9 Matt Smith who was imperious in the air and deserved better than the rather lazy Moussa Dembele (Mark 2) to latch on to the layoffs he made for him. Other than that I found it very underwhelming and made me wish more than ever for our survival this season. I'm not ready to get used to this standard of football again. Hull the best team in the Championship?

One thing was very evident. The Fulham crowd did not expect any thing other than a defeat. They were totally subdued and resigned to defeat at the end - not even a murmur of discontent as we filed out of the ground. The air would have been blue at the Liberty if we'd lost like that. Years of struggle and defeats seemed to have sucked the spirit out of their fans. I hope it never gets like that at the Liberty. C'mon you Swans tomorrow!
The Championship on 11:39 - Jan 24 with 1081 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Reality strikes!
All those sort of wishing for the "old days" should have been there, it would probably have changed their minds.
The Championship on 11:44 - Jan 24 with 1047 viewsdickythorpe

Both those clubs have tasted the PL, anything else won't do.

It's like having a Carling when all you've been used to is Stella/Peroni
The Championship on 11:47 - Jan 24 with 1029 viewsmax936

The Championship on 11:44 - Jan 24 by dickythorpe

Both those clubs have tasted the PL, anything else won't do.

It's like having a Carling when all you've been used to is Stella/Peroni

Dicky old bean, you can't, you really can't put Stella in the same bracket as Peroni, Peroni is far superior

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Championship on 11:50 - Jan 24 with 1013 viewsBloodyhills

The Championship on 11:47 - Jan 24 by max936

Dicky old bean, you can't, you really can't put Stella in the same bracket as Peroni, Peroni is far superior

Agree with this, Peroni is much better than Stella.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024