Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? 21:43 - May 8 with 3918 viewsBarryTownSwam

Cynical me !?!

Interesting that a team minus Ash, Gylfi, Rangel & Taylor actually played better than any Swans team this season!

The midfield looked cohesive, energised and threatening without Glyfi as the fulcrum.

Fernandez looked a different player with Amat long side him rather than captain Ash. Think he won nearly every header & marshalled Andy Carroll excellently. No confusion as to who picks up who at set pieces! No finger pointed in his direction when (if) things went wrong at the back !

The cynic in me likes to believe that dropping (sorry, resting) Ash, Rangel, Taylor & Gylfi (all 4 powerful voices in the dressing rooms, respected by other players and influencial around the club) suddenly lead to the team looking at peace with itself, playing for each other, with a skip & a fight. Ash stated in the press that he met Guido on a daily basis and, as captain, clearly has the ear of Huw Jenkins. All 4 players also know Brendan Rodgers very well and, I presume, will be at the forefront of any player voice in support of a Rodgers return!

Is the 'resting' of these players a Guido show of "don't mess with me, I don't want you guys bad mouthing my quest to land this job permanently" and the "aren't I a good guy giving you guys a rest before the Euros" a convenient smoke screen ?!?

Curt yesterday voiced his own support for Guido having the job. Curt is close to the 'rested' players and knows damned well if they want Guido as boss or not.

As I said, may be its me being cynical again !

[Post edited 8 May 2016 21:47]
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 12:52 - May 9 with 662 viewsPrivate_Partz

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 12:27 - May 9 by Pegojack

So would I. This board has been agonising about his best position since we got him - he shouldn't be on the wing because he drifts inside and doesn't support his full back defensively, should he be behind the striker, should he be this, should he be that?

It seems now that the answer has been staring us in the face. He should be striker, pure and simple. That doesn't mean he starts every game, but he is one of our striking options. We have Paloschi as the nippy, running into the channels type of striker, and we have Gomis (groan) as the strong, hold the ball up and knock the centre backs around type of striker. Ayew gives us the third option.

Get rid of Gomis and get Wilf back, and we're sorted.

The players rested have put in some tremendous shifts and said rest is well earned.
Frankie said that he could only work with a small group whilst the threat of the drop was on. Now that has been lifted he can experiment. It is experimentation now but I bet it becomes squad rotation if he gets the gig.
Credit to him for doing it as well as it could easily undermine his hopes of getting the nod if it goes wrong.
Many of us thought major surgery was needed next season. It seems that a few tweaks here and there and we could be in very good shape for the new campaign.
All the more reason for giving it a go with FG.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 17:48 - May 9 with 553 viewsDaggyjack

Better without Gylfi, our joint top scorer??? Yeah right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024