Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for next week? 18:46 - Aug 6 with 3543 viewsskippyjack

Assuming Ash doesn't leave..

............................Fabianski.....................
Naughton..Fernandez..Williams..Taylor
...................Cork............Fer.....................
Barrow...............Gylfi...............Routledge
.........................Llorente..........................

is the probable line up..

Nordfeldt, Rangel, Amat, Britton, Dyer, Chadli, Baston.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Team for next week? on 08:05 - Aug 8 with 597 viewsmidswan

Team for next week? on 02:26 - Aug 8 by Glyn1

I know that we shouldn't feel complacent about Burnley in an away match but they are the same Championship side that got promoted. I imagine that we'll start in a defensive mode (Routledge and/or Dyer) and hope to get two goals before half time. If we do that, then we can bring on Barrow and/or Montero and really terrorize their defenders.

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I can really see the Swans giving Burnley the type of beating that we did against QPR in the opening match a few seasons ago.

If I recall that was Routs playing with Michu to great effect, repeat performance with Lorente ?
Team for next week? on 08:08 - Aug 8 with 597 viewsblaine_scfc

Team for next week? on 07:58 - Aug 8 by sP7qupUf

Don't see the push to play Jeff. His crossing is poor. Drinks the ball in with no pace and is eaten up by PL centre backs.

As much as I am a fan of Montero, you are right what you say regarding his crossing. But it is no better or worse than what Routledge / Dyer serve up in that regard, so for me, he should start with Barrow on the other wing.

Playing these two will pin back teams.
Team for next week? on 09:04 - Aug 8 with 549 viewspencoedjack

Team for next week? on 02:26 - Aug 8 by Glyn1

I know that we shouldn't feel complacent about Burnley in an away match but they are the same Championship side that got promoted. I imagine that we'll start in a defensive mode (Routledge and/or Dyer) and hope to get two goals before half time. If we do that, then we can bring on Barrow and/or Montero and really terrorize their defenders.

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I can really see the Swans giving Burnley the type of beating that we did against QPR in the opening match a few seasons ago.

They didn't add much to their squad last time they were promoted & turf moor (as always) was a difficult place to go.

I'd take a point now .... there wont be many teams who give them a thrashing at home.

Of course I hope you are right & I'm wrong.
Team for next week? on 09:44 - Aug 8 with 514 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Team for next week? on 08:08 - Aug 8 by blaine_scfc

As much as I am a fan of Montero, you are right what you say regarding his crossing. But it is no better or worse than what Routledge / Dyer serve up in that regard, so for me, he should start with Barrow on the other wing.

Playing these two will pin back teams.

Montero not being able to cross the ball is a myth of all myths.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Team for next week? on 09:59 - Aug 8 with 498 viewsTom1912

Montero has a great cross from his left foot when he moves the ball onto his left foot and loops it up into the danger zone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024