Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sigurdsson left wing 15:21 - Oct 1 with 4825 viewsJFSwan

Spurs tried him out wide , didn't work. We put him back in the middle and he's a superstar, now finds himself on the wing again to accommodate Leroy fer.

4-3-3 doesn't suit us at all. Back to 4-2-3-1 please
Sigurdsson left wing on 15:25 - Oct 1 with 3010 viewsKingBony

Shouldn't stop him running as hard though should it!!

Feel let down by him today, I really do.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Sigurdsson left wing on 15:27 - Oct 1 with 2993 viewsjack247

He doesn't play as an orthodox winger though, nor does Routledge. They are attacking midfielders who both have licence to come inside. If we are going to play that style, we probably need the three of them, or Dyer on the pitch, because a big part of the role is harrying defenders and trying to force mistakes.

Barrow does it, but won't come off the wing to pressurise centre backs, Ki just doesn't do it.
Sigurdsson left wing on 15:32 - Oct 1 with 2963 viewsLeonisGod

Sigurdsson left wing on 15:25 - Oct 1 by KingBony

Shouldn't stop him running as hard though should it!!

Feel let down by him today, I really do.

He's got to track back all the time to help Naughton due to our imbalanced formation. So he's fecked. We're wasting all his energy in our half of the pitch. A shame. We need him up the other end. Baston looks like he likes to run the channels, so that creates space in the middle that Siggy could use if he was in the number 10 role.
Sigurdsson left wing on 16:13 - Oct 1 with 2856 viewsangryjack

guidolin is a tw%t
Sigurdsson left wing on 16:23 - Oct 1 with 2840 viewsKingBony

Sigurdsson left wing on 15:32 - Oct 1 by LeonisGod

He's got to track back all the time to help Naughton due to our imbalanced formation. So he's fecked. We're wasting all his energy in our half of the pitch. A shame. We need him up the other end. Baston looks like he likes to run the channels, so that creates space in the middle that Siggy could use if he was in the number 10 role.

But he's always been one who never stops running, to the point where the others are normally embarrassed. That didn't look like our siggy today irrespective of position.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:16 - Oct 1 with 2780 viewsLeonisGod

Sigurdsson left wing on 16:23 - Oct 1 by KingBony

But he's always been one who never stops running, to the point where the others are normally embarrassed. That didn't look like our siggy today irrespective of position.

Be interesting to see the stats as I reckon he covered a shed load of ground. It seemed he saw more of the ball on the left and had very little support. He's never been one to take on and beat players with pace. Agree he's not at his best but think a large part of it is how he's being used.
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:25 - Oct 1 with 2754 viewsDrGonzo

Totally wasted in that formation. No wingers for him to play passes to and to create space for him to operate in.

The effect of playing an inherently negative formation from the off with no natural attacking fullback in support like Clyne.

Same can be said of Baston and Gomis last year. Isolated, unsupported, lost.
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:28 - Oct 1 with 2742 viewsMurph75

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:25 - Oct 1 by DrGonzo

Totally wasted in that formation. No wingers for him to play passes to and to create space for him to operate in.

The effect of playing an inherently negative formation from the off with no natural attacking fullback in support like Clyne.

Same can be said of Baston and Gomis last year. Isolated, unsupported, lost.

Many will say its the boards fault we've got a winger on the bench when playing Sigurdsson out of position.
Login to get fewer ads

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:29 - Oct 1 with 2737 viewsjack247

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:28 - Oct 1 by Murph75

Many will say its the boards fault we've got a winger on the bench when playing Sigurdsson out of position.

So who would you have played?
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:31 - Oct 1 with 2730 viewsMurph75

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:29 - Oct 1 by jack247

So who would you have played?

A winger on the wing for a start.
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:32 - Oct 1 with 2727 viewsDrGonzo

I would say it's partly the boards fault for not recruiting adequate wingers as our current crop are temperamental/dogshit.
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:34 - Oct 1 with 2715 viewsMurph75

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:32 - Oct 1 by DrGonzo

I would say it's partly the boards fault for not recruiting adequate wingers as our current crop are temperamental/dogshit.

I agree with that. The board have allowed the squad to stagnate.
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:37 - Oct 1 with 2706 viewsjack247

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:31 - Oct 1 by Murph75

A winger on the wing for a start.

In that formation? Or in one with wingers?
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:38 - Oct 1 with 2704 viewsMurph75

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:37 - Oct 1 by jack247

In that formation? Or in one with wingers?

What do you think Einstein?
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:39 - Oct 1 with 2694 viewsjack247

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:38 - Oct 1 by Murph75

What do you think Einstein?

No idea. I've asked you who you would play and you've skirted round the question. Do you think Siggy was playing as a winger today?
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:41 - Oct 1 with 2689 viewsMurph75

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:39 - Oct 1 by jack247

No idea. I've asked you who you would play and you've skirted round the question. Do you think Siggy was playing as a winger today?

Like I said mush. I'd play a winger on the wing. Have a look at the bench today and try and guess who'd I'd pick.
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:43 - Oct 1 with 2679 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Play wingers on the wing

And centre midfielders in the centre

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:48 - Oct 1 with 2657 viewsjack247

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:41 - Oct 1 by Murph75

Like I said mush. I'd play a winger on the wing. Have a look at the bench today and try and guess who'd I'd pick.

Great. Do you think Siggy played on the wing today?
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:49 - Oct 1 with 2645 viewsMurph75

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:48 - Oct 1 by jack247

Great. Do you think Siggy played on the wing today?

It's quite obvious what my thoughts are sweet heart.
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:50 - Oct 1 with 2644 viewsHighjack

It's an absolutely fundamental flaw in our planning and highlights the complete lack of engagement between the person buying the players and the person picking our players that we have bought two quite good target men types, but are picking no wingers to supply them, and have no attacking midfielders to get around them or beyond them for flick ons.

We used to buy players who would fit into our team, now we just buy players because they are available and cheap.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:51 - Oct 1 with 2634 viewsjack247

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:49 - Oct 1 by Murph75

It's quite obvious what my thoughts are sweet heart.

It's quite obvious that you have realised you are out of your depth so have resorted to avoiding the question
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:53 - Oct 1 with 2627 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Siggy may be suffering to some extent because of the role he is being asked to play but there's no excuse for his first touch like a butcher and general poor play. He was shocking today and not for the first time this season by any means.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:54 - Oct 1 with 2623 viewsMurph75

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:51 - Oct 1 by jack247

It's quite obvious that you have realised you are out of your depth so have resorted to avoiding the question

You've guessed it. I completely out of my depth.
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:54 - Oct 1 with 2618 viewsDrGonzo

My thoughts exactly.

We're relying on the attacking prowess of Leon, Cork and Naughton, a mistake from the opposition or a wonder goal from Gylfi.
Sigurdsson left wing on 17:55 - Oct 1 with 2615 viewsjack247

Sigurdsson left wing on 17:54 - Oct 1 by Murph75

You've guessed it. I completely out of my depth.

Shut up and leave the adults discuss the football then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024