Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Williams 20:39 - Oct 16 with 5904 viewsRancid

Playing his heart out for Everton like he did for us for so many years.No post-Swans hiccups for Ash and the 1 biggest reason we're now a shambles defensively and relegation material.
Ashley Williams on 11:32 - Oct 17 with 1064 viewsNeathJack

Selling Williams isn't the issue for me. £12m for a 33 year old centre back is good business.

The problem is he was 'replaced' by a League One player for £5m who, given he hasn't had minute on the pitch yet despite our glaring defensive frailties, obviously isn't ready.

Another example of a dereliction of duty by those making such decisions.
Ashley Williams on 12:02 - Oct 17 with 1024 viewsjack247

I didn't want to let him go in the summer, because I knew our owners wouldn't replace him properly and relying on Amat to fill his boots would be a gamble.

Having said that, Ash would probably have been great this season, but would have been among a clutch of players coming towards the end of their careers, that would need replacing in the next couple of years anyway. As long as we don't go down this season, I don't think losing him now is a major issue, I just wish they had reinvested the proceeds properly.
Ashley Williams on 13:14 - Oct 17 with 970 views34dfgdf54

Ashley Williams on 12:02 - Oct 17 by jack247

I didn't want to let him go in the summer, because I knew our owners wouldn't replace him properly and relying on Amat to fill his boots would be a gamble.

Having said that, Ash would probably have been great this season, but would have been among a clutch of players coming towards the end of their careers, that would need replacing in the next couple of years anyway. As long as we don't go down this season, I don't think losing him now is a major issue, I just wish they had reinvested the proceeds properly.

I thought it was cracking business at the time, I thought Ash was on the downhill slope rapidly. Oh how I was wrong, we are desperate for him back.

Losing to anyone in this league is acceptable within reason, but Jack Cork and Amat's defending for Walcott's goal off the corner was absolutely shambolic, and as for Fernandez' defending for Ozil's goal, I can't even say what I think of that on this forum.
Ashley Williams on 07:51 - Oct 18 with 878 viewsSwaneeRiver

Ashley Williams on 21:36 - Oct 16 by Wingstandwood

Yeah way, way too much power modern players have got! They're more often than not onto a winner because they can hold their club(s) to ransom because of their contract and wages. It so sad that it can actually pay to underperform and not give a f#ck Shelvey being an appalling example. Signing on fee after signing on fee, after signing on fee with increasing pay rises.

So these poor clubs are forced to offer ridiculous wages and six year contracts are they ?
What's that old drugs campaign saying - "Just Say No" - then move on to a different player.
You only empower a player by giving into them.
Same phsycology as a spoilt child
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024