Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wish we could sack players not managers 19:41 - Dec 5 with 1596 viewstaffpop

I know itll never happen but I was daydreaming about a parallel universe in which if a player turns shite / lacks effort it's in their contract that they can be sacked. Poor performance = the door.

I'd enjoy life that little bit more if some of these lazy millionaires got a dose of reality.

Ah well, dream over. See you Saturday when the only person facing the boot won't get to kick a ball.
Wish we could sack players not managers on 19:44 - Dec 5 with 1583 viewsRevJames

Performance related pay

Our players would be broke
Wish we could sack players not managers on 19:46 - Dec 5 with 1570 viewstaffpop

Wish we could sack players not managers on 19:44 - Dec 5 by RevJames

Performance related pay

Performance pay - club would save a fortune!
Wish we could sack players not managers on 19:49 - Dec 5 with 1560 viewsMrSwerve

We'd be reimbursed on recent performances.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Wish we could sack players not managers on 20:02 - Dec 5 with 1526 viewsLoyal

Performance related pay

They all have enough to live on for life if they were never paid again.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Wish we could sack players not managers on 20:41 - Dec 5 with 1479 viewsPrivate_Partz

Performance related pay

Performance is related to coaching, tactics, organisation and managerial ability.
Take Spurs. We start with two wingers who are not great a tracking back. On top of that we play without a recognised striker. Due to a shocking transfer window we fail to strengthen midfield with a player to supplement and replace Leon. We sign inexperienced defenders after letting our best defender and club captain go. We sign two forwards who show sign of ability but get little or no service.
The players are shot of confidence and seem to have no faith in the system they are asked to play.
I don't think it us lack of effort. No player wants criticsm and failure every week.
It is the clusterfeck off the pitch that is causing this.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wish we could sack players not managers on 21:22 - Dec 5 with 1438 viewsRevJames

Wish we could sack players not managers on 20:41 - Dec 5 by Private_Partz

Performance is related to coaching, tactics, organisation and managerial ability.
Take Spurs. We start with two wingers who are not great a tracking back. On top of that we play without a recognised striker. Due to a shocking transfer window we fail to strengthen midfield with a player to supplement and replace Leon. We sign inexperienced defenders after letting our best defender and club captain go. We sign two forwards who show sign of ability but get little or no service.
The players are shot of confidence and seem to have no faith in the system they are asked to play.
I don't think it us lack of effort. No player wants criticsm and failure every week.
It is the clusterfeck off the pitch that is causing this.

Agree.

However when you're taking the salary these guys are on, I'm afraid being judged week in week out and taking criticism is part of the gig.

Some have more ability than others but they should all have it within them to give it 100% for 90 minutes every week.
Wish we could sack players not managers on 21:38 - Dec 5 with 1411 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wish we could sack players not managers on 21:22 - Dec 5 by RevJames

Agree.

However when you're taking the salary these guys are on, I'm afraid being judged week in week out and taking criticism is part of the gig.

Some have more ability than others but they should all have it within them to give it 100% for 90 minutes every week.

Yeh it is a balance. I often look on MOTD when sides are having a tuning and it nearly always looks like the players are not trying.
So much is going on. They are often moving into areas to cover other players. The fear of failure results in poor back passes and lack of concentration.
We still have players here who have performed well at this level. I remember Frankie saying the if Corky carried on as he was he could be in contention of an Englans cap. Now he is the anti Christ. Fer and Ki receive pelters yet the former has 6 goals in a side playing poorly and the latter in contention for player of the year not so long ago. Neither are that great at tracking back and have suffered because we failed to get a hard tackling Leon / Ferrie type players in the last window. That is just midfield. We have similar failings in defence where Frankie was slowly bringing in inexperienced players whilst Bob a Job changes the whole shooting match almost every game.
My prediction is that these players accused of not trying are going to get stuck in with crunching tackles even though it is not their game. The results will be the same, or even worse, as we will then have less players to choose from as they will have been sent off.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024