Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Starts Again 10:38 - Jan 6 with 1284 viewsSirjohnalot

I continue to read these forums with avid interest and note, as a true plastic, the contrasting emotions of proper fans when Swansea win or lose. They are either destined for Non League Football or easily capable of surviving this season with ease.

However, I am optimistic of Swansea surviving the drop this year. If we forget about what has happened in the appalling first half of the season and simply look at the league table, what do we have ?

A new manager who has a solid foundation of turning teams into defensively sound units and who has served his apprenticeship under excellent tutorledge.

He has, we are told money, to spend to freshen the team in areas which are woefully lacking

He will take no nonsense and get rid of anyone that he does not think will assist the team, shown by the way that Alan Curtis was moved out. (He may see it as business, sentiment is not needed)

Quite incredibly, we are not adrift at the bottom of the table. More by luck than judgment, we find ourselves only (effectively) 2 points from safety. We have 18 games to better our position by 2 places.

The teams around us are equally as poor

The fact that we have a difficult run of games coming up is irrelevant as the teams around us also have to play the same team.

We have a very kind run in.

If you think about it like this, there is every reason to be optimistic about this season and those to come.

The fact that Swansea have

Season Starts Again on 13:30 - Jan 6 with 1201 viewsGowerjack

Don't stop

I was just getting into th

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Season Starts Again on 14:01 - Jan 6 with 1153 viewsjack247

If we can get through the next 6 or so games without getting cut adrift, I think we will be fine.

No matter how good Clement is or who we bring in, it's a big ask to get a lot out of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and City. I've always been a firm believer in ignoring other teams results and male no sure you survive by winning your own games. We may need a little bit of help over the next month or so though.

If we are within touching distance of 17th having played most of the big teams twice, I think we will make it fairly comfortably.
Season Starts Again on 14:06 - Jan 6 with 1143 viewsswan_si

we've a hard run of games up to March, "The fact that we have a difficult run of games coming up is irrelevant as the teams around us also have to play the same team." I agree,and I see this as a good opportunity for Paul Clement to settle in and maybe bring in a few new players, this would give them all time to "gel" before March and hopefully we can pick a few points up 'til then, definitely feeling a lot more positive now.
COYS

Season Starts Again on 14:31 - Jan 6 with 1095 viewsswanseajack4eva

Yes exactly ... time to stiffen up in defence and hopefully pick up at least a few draws. I'm sure Clement is looking at the season starting now ... so should we.
Season Starts Again on 14:42 - Jan 6 with 1082 viewsSirjohnalot

Oops.

[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 14:43]
Season Starts Again on 14:56 - Jan 6 with 1052 viewsjack247

Season Starts Again on 14:06 - Jan 6 by swan_si

we've a hard run of games up to March, "The fact that we have a difficult run of games coming up is irrelevant as the teams around us also have to play the same team." I agree,and I see this as a good opportunity for Paul Clement to settle in and maybe bring in a few new players, this would give them all time to "gel" before March and hopefully we can pick a few points up 'til then, definitely feeling a lot more positive now.
COYS

Kind of. We are still at a bit of a disadvantage having to play a cluster of top teams in a month or so. If we aren't picking up much there when others are scrambling points against each other, it could open up a tricky gap to bridge, even if we have the easier run in. Plus, as Darran often says, Liverpool and Chelsea played skeleton teams against us last season. They won't this time, but may against some of our rivals.

On the plus side, if we can pick up a few unexpected points against the big boys, momentum and confidence will be sky high going into the run in
Season Starts Again on 17:13 - Jan 6 with 957 viewsmonmouth

We probably need to beat Leicester and Soton at home. I'd prefer winning at Chelsea, City and Scouse mind. That'd be really funny. "You can stick your Guardiola up your arse...."

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024