Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spring budget 19:04 - Mar 7 with 2949 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Here it comes again

We are all in this together
So
We'll cut your social services

People actually vote for these c@nts

How's the national debt clock locking

Let's take a look through the round window

http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedkingdom

And of course Brexit !
[Post edited 8 Mar 2017 11:52]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Spring budget on 21:35 - Mar 9 with 2659 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Well that went as planned then , another load of untruths and lies.

Another F@ck you all from the nasty party

Spring budget on 21:38 - Mar 9 with 2641 viewsperchrockjack

Certainly it's core, the hard working, the self employed shafted .

Not really encouraging kids to have a go

There again, God knows what John Mac would have done

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Spring budget on 21:47 - Mar 9 with 2639 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Spring budget on 21:38 - Mar 9 by perchrockjack

Liverpool suffering again Perchie , it's getting tough out there for plenty of hard working people.

Spring budget on 22:00 - Mar 9 with 2627 viewsJack_Meoff

Spring budget on 21:38 - Mar 9 by perchrockjack

Why the need for the third line perch? Pure conjecture.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Spring budget on 22:02 - Mar 9 with 2622 viewsbuilthjack

This country is fecked with this lot in charge

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Spring budget on 22:06 - Mar 9 with 2617 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Spring budget on 22:00 - Mar 9 by Jack_Meoff

Why the need for the third line perch? Pure conjecture.

He can't it

May standing there ignoring all .
McDonald , would he have done that , truely Perchie , I doubt it very much .

Spring budget on 22:20 - Mar 9 with 2603 viewsrock1n

Tommy genuine question what would please you from the budget?

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Spring budget on 22:30 - Mar 9 with 2589 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Spring budget on 22:20 - Mar 9 by rock1n

Tommy genuine question what would please you from the budget?

New anti-tax avoidance measures will raise an extra £820m, not enough by far but a start
£140bn has been raised since 2010 by tackling tax avoidance evasion and non-compliance.
Their pension reforms was a huge boost ,again well overdue for decades ,blaming all party's for this Rocky
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 22:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Spring budget on 22:33 - Mar 9 with 2581 viewsrock1n

It was a very boring budget, I've noticed all the focus is on the NIC increase for self employed which I can't see any issue with. The self employed do not pay enough tax.

The bit that seems to have all been forgotten about is that because of brexit we're borrowing 100bn more now and won't be in surplus until around 2022, shocking.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Spring budget on 22:49 - Mar 9 with 2566 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Spring budget on 22:33 - Mar 9 by rock1n

It was a very boring budget, I've noticed all the focus is on the NIC increase for self employed which I can't see any issue with. The self employed do not pay enough tax.

The bit that seems to have all been forgotten about is that because of brexit we're borrowing 100bn more now and won't be in surplus until around 2022, shocking.

We'll never pay off the debt Rock

Spring budget on 22:58 - Mar 9 with 2563 viewsdeanscfc

The daily mail commemt section makes intetesting reading. Many who are self employed are furious about the tax rises despite voting Brexit and having created the 'new challenges' which Hammond states is to blame for the tax rises. Two thing Brexit taught me : 1) how thick and easily lead people can be 2) How those people will always look to blame someone else. If it isn't 'the immigrants' .....
Spring budget on 23:21 - Mar 9 with 2541 viewsJack_Meoff

Spring budget on 22:58 - Mar 9 by deanscfc

The daily mail commemt section makes intetesting reading. Many who are self employed are furious about the tax rises despite voting Brexit and having created the 'new challenges' which Hammond states is to blame for the tax rises. Two thing Brexit taught me : 1) how thick and easily lead people can be 2) How those people will always look to blame someone else. If it isn't 'the immigrants' .....

You needed Brexit to tell you that?!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Spring budget on 23:28 - Mar 9 with 2530 viewsJack_Meoff

Spring budget on 22:49 - Mar 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

We'll never pay off the debt Rock

I demands a rematch Apollo.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 23:33]

Spring budget on 23:34 - Mar 9 with 2512 viewsblueytheblue

Spring budget on 22:33 - Mar 9 by rock1n

It's all well and good coming out with the "self employed do not pay enough tax" but it doesn't stack up.

Self employed aren't receiving holiday pay, sick pay, all the other benefits permies get. So permies bleating "self employed do not pay enough tax" fails when you consider the benefits permies get.

Now, if you were to say some self employed working cash in hand hare fiddling then absolutely. This budget doesn't address this issue.

EDIT:

With regards to IT in particular, IT contractors provide a flexible, skilled workforce. The govt seem to want to push all inside IR35 within the public sector, which is utterly ridiculous - "you're really an employee but hey, you're not getting employee/workers rights". That's why public sector IT projects are really going to hit the fan soon as people leave en masse.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 23:38]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Spring budget on 07:09 - Mar 10 with 2466 viewsjojaca

Spring budget on 23:34 - Mar 9 by blueytheblue

It's all well and good coming out with the "self employed do not pay enough tax" but it doesn't stack up.

Self employed aren't receiving holiday pay, sick pay, all the other benefits permies get. So permies bleating "self employed do not pay enough tax" fails when you consider the benefits permies get.

Now, if you were to say some self employed working cash in hand hare fiddling then absolutely. This budget doesn't address this issue.

EDIT:

With regards to IT in particular, IT contractors provide a flexible, skilled workforce. The govt seem to want to push all inside IR35 within the public sector, which is utterly ridiculous - "you're really an employee but hey, you're not getting employee/workers rights". That's why public sector IT projects are really going to hit the fan soon as people leave en masse.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 23:38]

I have a few self employed friends who are fiddling with cash in hand. The accountant declares about 8k-10k and they are probably close to earning 40-50k. One friend saved 50k in a couple of years for house deposit while only earning 10k a year officially. There are pluses and minuses for self employed.

Even when you know, you never know?

Spring budget on 08:44 - Mar 10 with 2422 viewsperchrockjack

But to get a mortgage they must have a declared salary to have one of any size

Spring budget on 08:54 - Mar 10 with 2421 viewsjojaca

Spring budget on 08:44 - Mar 10 by perchrockjack

But to get a mortgage they must have a declared salary to have one of any size

If you buy a house for 70/80K with a deposit of 50k, you might not need a mortgage but a small loan. But my friend borrowed the rest off his father not the bank.

Over the last few months I have had loads of work on house but the builder has asked for a small cheque and I have had to get the rest in cash from the bank. I even know an electrician claiming working tax credits. But the downside for these folks is holidays and sick pay.

One way for the tax man to get the correct tax returns is too scrape cash and go digital.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2017 8:55]

Even when you know, you never know?

Spring budget on 09:10 - Mar 10 with 2397 viewsperchrockjack

My daughter is self employed and is scrupulously honest.

She runs a class on Saturday ,cash only, but she declares all earnings

I've told her to reflect.

Sometimes the Honest get dumped on

Maybe not sometimes

Spring budget on 09:53 - Mar 10 with 2398 viewspikeypaul

Local window cleaner charges £8 a pop does it in less than 10 minutes and his boy is across the
road doing another house at the same time.So about £96 a hour he does ours on a Saturday and works 6 days a week.
He must be earning at least £2500 a week all cash in hand I wonder how much is declared,probably around £400.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Spring budget on 11:09 - Mar 10 with 2375 viewsrock1n

Spring budget on 07:09 - Mar 10 by jojaca

I have a few self employed friends who are fiddling with cash in hand. The accountant declares about 8k-10k and they are probably close to earning 40-50k. One friend saved 50k in a couple of years for house deposit while only earning 10k a year officially. There are pluses and minuses for self employed.

Oh absolutely, it's rife. The only time it does become difficult is getting a mortgage without backing.

Many people declare themselves as a limited company for instance to pay themselves dividends at a lower rate of tax.

To be honest this is a huge tax avoidance measure in many cases, it needs tightening. I don't think it'll go through though because of the 'white van man striver' b.s. we'll be getting for the next few weeks. You need to even the base otherwise you get perverse incentives.

Spring budget on 11:34 - Mar 10 with 2358 viewsjack247

Spring budget on 07:09 - Mar 10 by jojaca

Plus these people are 'entitled' to all kinds of tax credits and benefits due to their low earnings. Obviously there are plenty of self employed people who either choose or have to declare all their earnings. The people who run largely cash businesses and declare £10k a year are shafting the rest of us. Possibly my perception, but they always seem to be the first to complain about the state of the NHS, emergency services, standard of teaching etc.
Spring budget on 12:17 - Mar 10 with 2345 viewsblueytheblue

Spring budget on 11:34 - Mar 10 by jack247

Plus these people are 'entitled' to all kinds of tax credits and benefits due to their low earnings. Obviously there are plenty of self employed people who either choose or have to declare all their earnings. The people who run largely cash businesses and declare £10k a year are shafting the rest of us. Possibly my perception, but they always seem to be the first to complain about the state of the NHS, emergency services, standard of teaching etc.

Indeed - it's clearly tax evasion which is illegal because the income isn't being declared.

Problem with cash in hand gigs is how to really prove and convict.

I'd say as a generality, those who complain about bankers et al are happy enough to pay trademen in cash for a discount.

Spring budget on 13:43 - Mar 10 with 2299 viewsrock1n

Spring budget on 12:17 - Mar 10 by blueytheblue

Indeed - it's clearly tax evasion which is illegal because the income isn't being declared.

Problem with cash in hand gigs is how to really prove and convict.

I'd say as a generality, those who complain about bankers et al are happy enough to pay trademen in cash for a discount.

This is what cracks me up constantly because they earn more and have posh accents they're evil when it's with paddy the builder that's a gentleman's agreement between friends.

It's the same bloody thing.

Spring budget on 19:30 - Mar 10 with 2269 viewsexiledclaseboy

The government is backtracking on the self employed pledge at a rate of knots now. I doubt the legislation for it will ever see the light of day, at least not in the form in which it was announced. Another flagship Budget announcement falling apart, not for the first time since 2010. One of these days they'll start making policy properly and stop announcing the first wheeze that comes to mind over a ministerial glass of port.

Poll: Tory leader

Spring budget on 19:43 - Mar 10 with 2256 viewsblueytheblue

Spring budget on 19:30 - Mar 10 by exiledclaseboy

The government is backtracking on the self employed pledge at a rate of knots now. I doubt the legislation for it will ever see the light of day, at least not in the form in which it was announced. Another flagship Budget announcement falling apart, not for the first time since 2010. One of these days they'll start making policy properly and stop announcing the first wheeze that comes to mind over a ministerial glass of port.

Don't see it falling apart, just that one issue.

Rather than view it as incompetence, view it as strategic brilliance.

Announce something unpopular, minor issue for the most part. Outcry ensues. Backtrack.. spin as "we listen to the people"... all the while knowing any short term blip to Tory popularity won't make any difference whatsoever to the lead over Labour.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024