Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mesa 14:09 - Aug 19 with 10836 views34dfgdf54

To think some on here were slagging his performance off. Absolutely clueless.
Mesa on 17:21 - Aug 19 with 2142 views34dfgdf54

Mesa on 17:14 - Aug 19 by jack247

They are both better in open games. Routledge particularly. I know it was only a friendly against an unfit side, but the Sampdoria game is a good example.

I agree with your second point though, in fact it's the point I was making. Both were always going to be useless against a Mourinho side defending a 1-0 lead. We need genuine game changers on the bench. We've barely got any on the pitch at the moment

I do like reading your posts, but you are so hypocritical when it comes to Routs. You slag players off who are inconsistent, but you are forever talking about Routledge. 95% of his performances are awful, but you continue to talk about the Sampdoria game.
Mesa on 17:24 - Aug 19 with 2127 viewsjack247

Mesa on 17:21 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

I do like reading your posts, but you are so hypocritical when it comes to Routs. You slag players off who are inconsistent, but you are forever talking about Routledge. 95% of his performances are awful, but you continue to talk about the Sampdoria game.

It's the first time I've mentioned it apart from directly replying to comments about that game.

I've already stated he was the wrong option to bring on today, not that we had the right option on the bench, but he was clearly never going to do anything against that United team.
Mesa on 17:35 - Aug 19 with 2096 views34dfgdf54

Mesa on 17:24 - Aug 19 by jack247

It's the first time I've mentioned it apart from directly replying to comments about that game.

I've already stated he was the wrong option to bring on today, not that we had the right option on the bench, but he was clearly never going to do anything against that United team.

You mentioned him in a thread about Mesa lol! You do have a strange obsession with him as a player.

PM Phil, he could sort out a signed shirt.

In all seriousness, in my eyes, Routs is completely done. Great player for the club, cracking signing, but he brings nothing to the games at this level.
Mesa on 17:43 - Aug 19 with 2088 viewsjack247

Mesa on 17:35 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

You mentioned him in a thread about Mesa lol! You do have a strange obsession with him as a player.

PM Phil, he could sort out a signed shirt.

In all seriousness, in my eyes, Routs is completely done. Great player for the club, cracking signing, but he brings nothing to the games at this level.

The title is about Mesa. The thread isn't, which isn't surprising as there wasn't a lot to write about. Your opening post was a bit mystifying to be honest. We got overrun because we lost a man in the middle and a centre back, not because he was having a good game.

You may be right, Clement clearly isn't that comfortable with him, but knows the other options are Narsingh and Montero with Dyer to come back. It's pretty obvious to me that whether we play with wingers or wide forwards, it's a position we need to strengthen.
Mesa on 18:04 - Aug 19 with 2042 viewsFlashberryjack

Mesa on 17:21 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

Only 95% ? I would have thought it would have been higher than that.

Don't get me started about Narsingh! Who the f*ck thought buying him was a good idea ?

But there again, if you send a monkey shopping, don't surprised if he comes back with a bag full of bananas.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mesa on 18:07 - Aug 19 with 2032 views34dfgdf54

Mesa on 17:43 - Aug 19 by jack247

The title is about Mesa. The thread isn't, which isn't surprising as there wasn't a lot to write about. Your opening post was a bit mystifying to be honest. We got overrun because we lost a man in the middle and a centre back, not because he was having a good game.

You may be right, Clement clearly isn't that comfortable with him, but knows the other options are Narsingh and Montero with Dyer to come back. It's pretty obvious to me that whether we play with wingers or wide forwards, it's a position we need to strengthen.

Mesa had a good game, first game in the premier league against a midfield which cost god knows how much money.

Like someone said, if he removed the tash and had Britton on his back no one would have been moaning. Don't get your ass in your hands because your boy Routs was sh*t yet again.
Mesa on 18:13 - Aug 19 with 2008 viewsjack247

Mesa on 18:07 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

Mesa had a good game, first game in the premier league against a midfield which cost god knows how much money.

Like someone said, if he removed the tash and had Britton on his back no one would have been moaning. Don't get your ass in your hands because your boy Routs was sh*t yet again.

Yeah, let's not go down the childish route. You're normally a better poster than that.

Mesa was what Clement said he was, a good player not ready for the pace and intensity of the Premier League. A few good moments, as well as a horror backpass putting Rashford? through early on and a largely average debut. I'm sure there is more to come, but I wouldn't be lauding him after that.
Mesa on 18:19 - Aug 19 with 1986 views34dfgdf54

Mesa on 18:13 - Aug 19 by jack247

Yeah, let's not go down the childish route. You're normally a better poster than that.

Mesa was what Clement said he was, a good player not ready for the pace and intensity of the Premier League. A few good moments, as well as a horror backpass putting Rashford? through early on and a largely average debut. I'm sure there is more to come, but I wouldn't be lauding him after that.

Not lauding him as such, just exaggerating the fact he is a shoe in escaped goat for one reason and one reason only, he's not Leon Britton.

I liked him, started the game well then made a horror back pass and went quiet for a bit. Started second half well so was shocked he was taken off when he was, unless it was because of a knock.

The only thing I would say, is he came off second best in a few tackles, but it was against a very powerful looking midfield. Fer was pushed around today and he's normally not easily bullied.
Login to get fewer ads

Mesa on 18:28 - Aug 19 with 1958 viewsZZoric

Mesa on 18:07 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

given the gist of the thread title - what do you believe was good about mesa today? (scrambling reactive interceptions dont count)
Mesa on 18:30 - Aug 19 with 1945 viewsFlashberryjack

Mesa on 18:19 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

Not lauding him as such, just exaggerating the fact he is a shoe in escaped goat for one reason and one reason only, he's not Leon Britton.

I liked him, started the game well then made a horror back pass and went quiet for a bit. Started second half well so was shocked he was taken off when he was, unless it was because of a knock.

The only thing I would say, is he came off second best in a few tackles, but it was against a very powerful looking midfield. Fer was pushed around today and he's normally not easily bullied.

Fer was our best player today..........IMO

Hello

Mesa on 18:32 - Aug 19 with 1940 views34dfgdf54

Mesa on 18:28 - Aug 19 by ZZoric

given the gist of the thread title - what do you believe was good about mesa today? (scrambling reactive interceptions dont count)

Kept shape in midfield, kept the ball moving and passed well apart from the backpass. Always seemed available for the pass. Was the best performer of the three today, even though that's not really a compliment as Fer and Carroll were poor imo, especially Fer.
Mesa on 18:33 - Aug 19 with 1938 viewsSheffieldjack

Mesa on 18:30 - Aug 19 by Flashberryjack

Why? I can't think of anyone else who would agree with you .
Mesa on 18:33 - Aug 19 with 1937 views34dfgdf54

Really?? I thought he was terrible. I'm normally a fan aswell.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 18:33]
Mesa on 18:33 - Aug 19 with 1937 viewsjack247

Mesa on 18:19 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

He looked knackered. Which is hardly a surprise when he has spent his career playing more technical, lower intensity football and he was up against Pogba and Matic.

Second best in a few tackles, half a second slow in his decision making and just didn't always seem on the same wavelength as his team mates when in possession (thought he was fine when they had the ball and we were trying to frustrate them).

Not a bad performance or a surprising one, but the jury is still out until he has a run of games and settles properly.
Mesa on 18:34 - Aug 19 with 1930 viewsWarwickHunt

Mesa on 18:33 - Aug 19 by Sheffieldjack

Why? I can't think of anyone else who would agree with you .

Not even Mrs. Fer...
Mesa on 18:39 - Aug 19 with 1912 viewsbluenile

Seriously???? Fer cost us the third goal..........he can play well, but thinks he's a better player than he is. I just wish sometimes he'd make a simple take and then play a simple pass, rather than try fancy turns and losing the ball. As for Routledge, I agree with the person who said he's been good for us in the past, but he brings absolutely nothing to the party these days. He looks lazy as feck and totally uninspiring. HJ had better pull his finger out big time in the spending stakes, and utilise PC to ensure we get some real quality in, or we're in for a long hard season that will make last season look like a tea party. Oh, and one other thing, whoever thinks that McBurnie is a potential Premier League striker, needs locking up...........pronto!!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 18:43]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Mesa on 18:44 - Aug 19 with 1894 viewsZZoric

Mesa on 18:32 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

Kept shape in midfield, kept the ball moving and passed well apart from the backpass. Always seemed available for the pass. Was the best performer of the three today, even though that's not really a compliment as Fer and Carroll were poor imo, especially Fer.

interesting, I felt he was a weak link in a position vital to our shape

for me - was rarely available for the pass - esp in the first half when his teammates were crying out for the outlet

of course folk will rightly compare him with Leon, and Im sure Makelele will be comparing him with himself. On both counts, and for £11m he currently falls way below the threshold
Mesa on 18:52 - Aug 19 with 1874 viewstomdickharry

Tidy neat player did ok against a top class midfield,will he be able to impose himself as the season wears out,just have to wait and see.
Mesa on 18:55 - Aug 19 with 1866 viewsSheffieldjack

Mesa on 18:44 - Aug 19 by ZZoric

interesting, I felt he was a weak link in a position vital to our shape

for me - was rarely available for the pass - esp in the first half when his teammates were crying out for the outlet

of course folk will rightly compare him with Leon, and Im sure Makelele will be comparing him with himself. On both counts, and for £11m he currently falls way below the threshold

I think we've got to cut him some slack for a couple of weeks at least..The pace of the game in the Premier League will be unlike anything he's encountered in Spain. Also the United midfield was very strong today.
Mesa on 19:50 - Aug 19 with 1776 viewsFlashberryjack

Mesa on 18:39 - Aug 19 by bluenile

Seriously???? Fer cost us the third goal..........he can play well, but thinks he's a better player than he is. I just wish sometimes he'd make a simple take and then play a simple pass, rather than try fancy turns and losing the ball. As for Routledge, I agree with the person who said he's been good for us in the past, but he brings absolutely nothing to the party these days. He looks lazy as feck and totally uninspiring. HJ had better pull his finger out big time in the spending stakes, and utilise PC to ensure we get some real quality in, or we're in for a long hard season that will make last season look like a tea party. Oh, and one other thing, whoever thinks that McBurnie is a potential Premier League striker, needs locking up...........pronto!!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 18:43]

"Fer cost us the third goal" seriously ?

Subs were on by then and we were being totally overrun in midfield.
As tidy a player as Carol is, he is very weak, Messa wasn't up to speed, Leroy Fer (IMO) battled very hard and played really well, considering the opposing players he was up against.

All about oppinions I suppose

Hello

Mesa on 19:57 - Aug 19 with 1756 viewsSwans_16

Mesa on 19:50 - Aug 19 by Flashberryjack

As tidy a player as Carol is, he is very weak, Messa wasn't up to speed, Leroy Fer (IMO) battled very hard and played really well, considering the opposing players he was up against.

Mesa was decent today.

First ever game in the PL for us, against the best (and most expensive) midfield in the whole league.

Some of his passes were a little dodgy, but a resolute defender and a bit of muscle in anotherwise lightweight midfield which got dominated as soon as he went off. Bartley (never thought i'd say it) has shown today that on a good day he can do a good job for us this season, giving us another option with playing 5 at the back.

Carroll was decent too, and with more gametime with Mesa they can form a decent midfield. Leroy was off the pace today, can see Clucas (or equivalent) replacing him. We need a Clucas-esque midfielder, a Siggy replacement of sorts and evidently another striker (Bony ?). Naughton was decent for us today.
Mesa on 20:01 - Aug 19 with 1737 viewsFlashberryjack

Mesa on 19:57 - Aug 19 by Swans_16

Mesa was decent today.

First ever game in the PL for us, against the best (and most expensive) midfield in the whole league.

Some of his passes were a little dodgy, but a resolute defender and a bit of muscle in anotherwise lightweight midfield which got dominated as soon as he went off. Bartley (never thought i'd say it) has shown today that on a good day he can do a good job for us this season, giving us another option with playing 5 at the back.

Carroll was decent too, and with more gametime with Mesa they can form a decent midfield. Leroy was off the pace today, can see Clucas (or equivalent) replacing him. We need a Clucas-esque midfielder, a Siggy replacement of sorts and evidently another striker (Bony ?). Naughton was decent for us today.

As I said earlier, all about opinions, and I happen to dis agree with most of yours on this subject.

Hello

Mesa on 20:05 - Aug 19 with 1722 viewsspiderboy

I also thought Fer did ok
In fact I thought he was deffo one of the Swans players who tried to make a few things happen.
Ok, ultimately he was outgunned by the midfield of Man U,but if anything was going to go for us it would have come from Fer.
Mesa on 20:46 - Aug 19 with 1655 viewspostman

couple of weeks back mesa was a great signing now some slagging him off give him a chance to settle in and prove to all what he is capable of
Mesa on 21:09 - Aug 19 with 1613 viewsploppy

Yes he cost us the third goal. Trying a dragback on the edge of the box, FFS. It wasn't the only time he was caught on the ball either. He's prone to it because he can be quite good on the ball but he does it in the wrong areas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024