Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bed blocking solved! 07:43 - Oct 26 with 3389 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bed blocking. One of the many reasons the NHS has problems .
Some beut has suggested all those living near a hospital, with a spare bedroom and an en suite, can look after these poor souls whilst they recuperate.
The patient will have 3 meals a day and the home owner will be trained. Payment for said owner will be in excess of £1k a month.
I can see them queuing up for this in Derwen Fawr and Rhydypandy.
This would provide the perfect environment for sharks and the unscrupulous to ply their trade.
Only in the land of Dope and Tory.........
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 10:06]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bed blocking solved! on 22:01 - Oct 28 with 762 viewsJack_Meoff

Bed blocking solved! on 21:35 - Oct 28 by rockn

The way to solve bed blocking is to move to a European style health system away from our communist system.

The NHS is the UK's blind spot and will continue to be for some time yet. Maybe on benefit of brexit will be the eventual break of the NHS when we complete a deal with the US. ... I've found a positive, I don't believe it.

No offence rock old son but that's horseshyte.

The issue with the NHS is, as ever, is that our government (being deliberately non party specific) is owned by the financiers, and enact legislation to cream off as much as they can from the public purse. These leeches cannot gorge themselves enough, and are never satisfied.

Today's Sesame Street was brought to you by the letters P,F and I. One day we'll stop arguing amongst ourselves and realise how much we're getting robbed. One fine day...

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nhs-funding-pfi-contracts-hospitals-debts-wh
[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 22:06]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Bed blocking solved! on 22:28 - Oct 28 with 751 viewsrockn

Bed blocking solved! on 22:01 - Oct 28 by Jack_Meoff

No offence rock old son but that's horseshyte.

The issue with the NHS is, as ever, is that our government (being deliberately non party specific) is owned by the financiers, and enact legislation to cream off as much as they can from the public purse. These leeches cannot gorge themselves enough, and are never satisfied.

Today's Sesame Street was brought to you by the letters P,F and I. One day we'll stop arguing amongst ourselves and realise how much we're getting robbed. One fine day...

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nhs-funding-pfi-contracts-hospitals-debts-wh
[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 22:06]

If you have a Nationalised system then I agree with you that PFI is not a good use of resources.

But I'm arguing for a radically different health system than generates revenue in different ways. I absolutely believe in free at the point of use, but I believe in a mixed model.

But as the system stands I believe it has to be pretty much State run, apart from obvious things and if it's to maintain high standards we have to all pay far more tax not just the rich.

So in essence I'd prefer a different model, but I'd accept a State run system with higher spending and tax without PFI.

As it stands at the moment, it's the worst of all Worlds.
Bed blocking solved! on 00:10 - Oct 29 with 732 viewsjack_lord

Bed blocking solved! on 22:28 - Oct 28 by rockn

If you have a Nationalised system then I agree with you that PFI is not a good use of resources.

But I'm arguing for a radically different health system than generates revenue in different ways. I absolutely believe in free at the point of use, but I believe in a mixed model.

But as the system stands I believe it has to be pretty much State run, apart from obvious things and if it's to maintain high standards we have to all pay far more tax not just the rich.

So in essence I'd prefer a different model, but I'd accept a State run system with higher spending and tax without PFI.

As it stands at the moment, it's the worst of all Worlds.

I don't think we have to pay far more tax. The NHS has to stop being used as a cash cow for many organisations though.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Bed blocking solved! on 01:17 - Oct 29 with 728 viewsJack_Meoff

Bed blocking solved! on 00:10 - Oct 29 by jack_lord

I don't think we have to pay far more tax. The NHS has to stop being used as a cash cow for many organisations though.

Absolutely. This goes much deeper mate, for those with an eye to look.

CH Douglas wrote in 1931:

'The world is obsessed, or possessed, by a scarcity complex. While at the date of writing Great Britain is preparing for another war, she still has a million unemployed, farms going out of cultivation and agricultural products being destroyed because they cannot be sold, publicists still inform us on the one hand that the situation is due to over-production, and on the other hand that sacrifices must be made by everyone, that we must all work harder, consume less, and produce more. Yet no economic training is necessary to assess the meaning of the existing situation. On the one hand we have an enormous and increasing capacity to produce the goods and services which are the primary objective of civilisation and which probably form the material basis on which alone a cultural super-structure can be reared. On the other hand we have an immense population not only unable to obtain from the shops, which are so anxious to sell, those goods which they are unable to buy, but are, by the miscalled unemployment problem, prevented from producing still further goods. Ordinary common sense alone seems to be required to recognise that only one thing stands between this practically unlimited capacity to produce, and what is in fact a definitely limited capacity to consume, and that is the money system, the bottle-neck which separates production and consumption.'

We've allowed money to become commoditised and rule every aspect of our lives. Usury? Wake up folks. Scammed doesn't even come close.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 1:41]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Bed blocking solved! on 10:24 - Oct 29 with 701 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bed blocking solved! on 20:06 - Oct 28 by Flashberryjack

One of the big problems is there are far to many people relying on the NHS, sadly the ones that have payed into the system all their working lives are being described as "bed blockers"

I know I will get a slating, but the mass immigration we have seen over many years was bound to impact on housing, and the NHS.

Immigration certainly has. It us keeping the NHS afloat.
Btw immigration is not something new. It has been there since man could built a cart and a boat.
We have hit a spike mainly because of wars and social media showing the third world what life is like for the privalaged.
I agree with first para. The 'baby boomers' are now at an age where they will make demands on the service. Another spike but it won't last. Once we die off (I say 'we' as i am one if them) the situation will improve. We must address the here and now in the first instance. Involving the Private Sector in solves nothing.
NHS streamlining and more beds, nurses and docs at the coalface coupled with massively improved social Care is the only way forward imho.
A few pence on taxation is not a great price to pay for all our wellbeing and not just the privileged few who can afford to go private.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 10:25]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024