Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2309495 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Countdown begins. on 20:20 - Aug 31 with 3548 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 18:19 - Aug 31 by Shaky

Here is a very interesting sortable table of GDP per capita for different periods I found for selected economies:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Of particular interest, note how the steady relative decline of the UK since 1870 at the peak of Victorian power, was reversed during EU membership.

Who would have thought it?

All the Per Capita figures show is how much money the 1% have made. The rest of us aren't so much better off, relatively speaking. The rich have a greater share of world wealth than ever before and for those who hadn't spotted it, the EU is a big friend to corporate greed. Why do you think the EU is against nationalised industry, to make a level playing field or to allow the rich to gobble up all the lucrative business and keep it for themselves? Since privatisations started, how many people have noticed competition driving prices down? Again, people are busy blaming the tories, the big bad blues bunch, but they were just guilty of doing what the UK has always done, following every directive, obeying every rule when other country's have cherry picked until recently. Then try notiicing how many of our utilities are owned by foreign companies and charging us more for the same product. Even holidays, book a holiday from a UK IP address and then the same holiday from a German IP and the German booking will be cheaper.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Countdown begins. on 21:49 - Aug 31 with 3518 viewsShaky

The Countdown begins. on 20:20 - Aug 31 by Catullus

All the Per Capita figures show is how much money the 1% have made. The rest of us aren't so much better off, relatively speaking. The rich have a greater share of world wealth than ever before and for those who hadn't spotted it, the EU is a big friend to corporate greed. Why do you think the EU is against nationalised industry, to make a level playing field or to allow the rich to gobble up all the lucrative business and keep it for themselves? Since privatisations started, how many people have noticed competition driving prices down? Again, people are busy blaming the tories, the big bad blues bunch, but they were just guilty of doing what the UK has always done, following every directive, obeying every rule when other country's have cherry picked until recently. Then try notiicing how many of our utilities are owned by foreign companies and charging us more for the same product. Even holidays, book a holiday from a UK IP address and then the same holiday from a German IP and the German booking will be cheaper.

All the Per Capita figures show is how much money the 1% have made?

It does nothing of the sort!

It in effect shows how much a country has spent. You don't know what you are talking about.

And yet you have it all figured out, it would seem.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Countdown begins. on 23:55 - Aug 31 with 3498 viewslonglostjack

The Countdown begins. on 20:20 - Aug 31 by Catullus

Bloody hell Cautulus. Thought your first two sentences were bang on. The wider population should have shared the spoils of Empire. They didn’t. As for the rest .... No point blaming Johnny Foreigner for the incompetence of British politicians.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2018 0:17]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Countdown begins. on 10:26 - Sep 1 with 3436 viewspikeypaul

209 AFLI

SIUYRL

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

The Countdown begins. on 10:30 - Sep 2 with 3381 viewsShaky

German business leaders raise alarm over Brexit progress
By Tobias Buck in Berlin

FT, 2 Sep 2018

German business leaders have raised the alarm over the state of Brexit negotiations and are urging the UK government to soften its position ahead of make-or-break talks with Brussels in the coming weeks.

“We have reached a critical phase. The time that remains is incredibly short,” Joachim Lang, the director-general of Germany’s BDI industry federation, told the Financial Times.

The warning from Berlin echoes concerns expressed last month by the chairman of Keidanren, the influential Japanese business lobby, and highlights growing anxiety among corporate leaders that Britain could topple out of the EU without an accord to smooth the process.

“If there is no agreement by mid-November, German companies will start implementing their emergency plans for a no-deal Brexit,” Mr Lang said. “In a no-deal scenario, and without a transition phase, we would end up with a border and customs regime that no one is prepared for. There would be considerable uncertainty, there would be interruptions to supply chains and the UK industrial base would take a hit.”

Mr Lang also voiced criticism of the UK position as set out in London’s recent Brexit white paper, in particular with regard to its proposal on trade. Among other points, the paper calls for a post-Brexit scenario in which the UK remains part of a single market for goods with the EU, while excluding the free movement of goods, capital and people.

When you sell an industrial good you don’t just sell iron, steel and plastic – there is always a service that comes with the product

Bernhard Mattes, VDA president

“The UK says it wants to keep the free movement for goods but become independent with regard to the other freedoms. We believe that cannot work,” said Mr Lang. Separating goods from services and the flow of people and finance, he added, was simply not possible in the modern economy.

“When we sell a piece of machinery today, we don’t just sell the product. We also sell services, data and maintenance,” he said. “You cannot pick one freedom but leave the other three on the sidelines. That simply does not work with modern industrial goods. We are not selling a piece of chocolate.”

His stance was supported by Bernhard Mattes, the president of Germany’s VDA car industry federation, which represents groups such as Volkswagen, Daimler and Bosch. Mr Mattes told the FT: “When you sell an industrial good you don’t just sell iron, steel and plastic – there is always a service that comes with the product.”

Both Mr Mattes and Mr Lang made clear that German industry continued to support the negotiating stance of the European Commission, which has led the Brexit talks on the EU side and has been the target of intense criticism in the UK.

“Our message to Brussels is: keep up the good work. We stand fully behind the negotiating position of the European Commission,” Mr Lang said, before adding: “But we also want to keep the UK nearby”.

Prominent Brexit supporters have long voiced hope that German and European business leaders could put pressure on Brussels to offer the UK a favourable Brexit deal. That hope, however, has yet to materialise. “We need to be realistic, 60 per cent of German exports go to the EU. Only 7 per cent go to the UK, and that share is falling steadily – also as a result of Brexit. That means we know exactly where to put our emphasis. We want to strengthen the EU27, and limit any damage linked to Brexit,” said the BDI’s Mr Lang.

Mr Mattes said: “Our view is that any Brexit deal must have one priority: to maintain and strengthen the cohesion of the remaining 27 member states. We must not give other countries any incentive to leave.”

https://www.ft.com/content/ab2ffe38-acfc-11e8-94bd-cba20d67390c

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Countdown begins. on 11:13 - Sep 2 with 3370 viewspikeypaul

208 AFLI

SIUYRL

The Countdown begins. on 13:39 - Sep 2 with 3344 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 21:49 - Aug 31 by Shaky

All the Per Capita figures show is how much money the 1% have made?

It does nothing of the sort!

It in effect shows how much a country has spent. You don't know what you are talking about.

And yet you have it all figured out, it would seem.

Per Capita is our output not our spend. Our output is roughly 45k per head per year.

"Per capita GDP is a measure of the total output of a country that takes the gross domestic product (GDP) and divides it by the number of people in that country. ... A rise in per capita GDP signals growth in the economy and tends to reflect an increase in productivity"

That increase in productivity is profit going to the rich. It's certainly not being handed out to every person in the country. IF every person in the UK, including children, earned 45k per year we'd all be rich.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Countdown begins. on 13:43 - Sep 2 with 3340 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 23:55 - Aug 31 by longlostjack

Bloody hell Cautulus. Thought your first two sentences were bang on. The wider population should have shared the spoils of Empire. They didn’t. As for the rest .... No point blaming Johnny Foreigner for the incompetence of British politicians.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2018 0:17]

I'm not blaming Johhny Foreigner, the companies are foreign but I've no idea the nationality of the bosses. It could be incompetent politicians but I suspect there's greed and aself serving mantra behind many of our decisions. If a thorough police investigation took place I've no doubt there'd be plenty of nervous ex civil servants.
Then there's the other greed, corporate greed, nationality is irrelevant to that. The rich are a race of their own........hang on, I sound a bit Commie there, maybe I am?

Login to get fewer ads

The Countdown begins. on 18:16 - Sep 2 with 3288 viewsShaky

The Countdown begins. on 13:39 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Per Capita is our output not our spend. Our output is roughly 45k per head per year.

"Per capita GDP is a measure of the total output of a country that takes the gross domestic product (GDP) and divides it by the number of people in that country. ... A rise in per capita GDP signals growth in the economy and tends to reflect an increase in productivity"

That increase in productivity is profit going to the rich. It's certainly not being handed out to every person in the country. IF every person in the UK, including children, earned 45k per year we'd all be rich.

GDP = Private Consumption + Investment + Government Spending + Net exports (- net imports).

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Countdown begins. on 19:56 - Sep 2 with 3265 viewsPete3001

Shakey - Your economic arguments are perhaps flawed?
WTF do economists know?
When have they ever been accurate?
I don't think people voted to leave for economic reasons.
I don't even think they voted to leave because they hated the EU.
The Working class voted to Leave because the elite establishment needed
a kick up the arse.
And that is what they received.
The Countdown begins. on 20:42 - Sep 2 with 3243 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Here’s a thread by a guy who’s done a bit of negotiating in His time .

It’s a Facking disaster at the moment

[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 20:45]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Countdown begins. on 08:28 - Sep 3 with 3170 viewspikeypaul

207 AFLI

SIUYRL

NO DEAL IS COMING HOME

The Countdown begins. on 09:11 - Sep 3 with 3152 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/02/britain-loses-medicines-contrac

It’s coming home

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Countdown begins. on 09:15 - Sep 3 with 3143 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 19:56 - Sep 2 by Pete3001

Shakey - Your economic arguments are perhaps flawed?
WTF do economists know?
When have they ever been accurate?
I don't think people voted to leave for economic reasons.
I don't even think they voted to leave because they hated the EU.
The Working class voted to Leave because the elite establishment needed
a kick up the arse.
And that is what they received.

First three lines aside, sadly i think this post is quite accurate in peoples sentiment.

But when these people say its not about the "economy", would they also be so open and say they're happy for people to lose their jobs?

It would also be interesting to understand who the "elite establishment" are in this case?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 9:21]
The Countdown begins. on 09:20 - Sep 3 with 3141 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 09:11 - Sep 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/02/britain-loses-medicines-contrac

It’s coming home

....but no one told us that would happen.

ah well, job vacancies are at an all time high, this pharma lot can easily help out in the fruit picking industry.
The Countdown begins. on 09:25 - Sep 3 with 3136 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 20:42 - Sep 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

Here’s a thread by a guy who’s done a bit of negotiating in His time .

It’s a Facking disaster at the moment

[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 20:45]

Gove's comment has a certai ambiguity to it, he didn't just mean we were fed up of listening to experts. He was suggesting also that we were fed of of all these experts whose own view was biased because of the way they would vote. A remainer expert says remain, a leaver says leave.
No one presented an unbiased , truthful set of facts so people could make their own minds up.
I stoppeed listening to the experts long before Gove said that, I already had an opinion not governed by immigration, racism or xenophobia.
There are many Polish living in my area, very nice people generally speaking and even they were saying they'd vote leave. It's a bit contrary for immigrants to be saying we let too many immigrants in but that's what they were saying. One family even returned to Poland, maybe the Poles are racist?
Accusing leavers of being uneducated, ignorant and uninformed wasn't taking the moral high ground, it was showing the arrogance of those who think they know better and didn't even bother trying to give good reasons to stay, they assumed scare tactics would be good enough and their Petard was duly hoisted.

The Countdown begins. on 09:41 - Sep 3 with 3128 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 09:25 - Sep 3 by Catullus

Gove's comment has a certai ambiguity to it, he didn't just mean we were fed up of listening to experts. He was suggesting also that we were fed of of all these experts whose own view was biased because of the way they would vote. A remainer expert says remain, a leaver says leave.
No one presented an unbiased , truthful set of facts so people could make their own minds up.
I stoppeed listening to the experts long before Gove said that, I already had an opinion not governed by immigration, racism or xenophobia.
There are many Polish living in my area, very nice people generally speaking and even they were saying they'd vote leave. It's a bit contrary for immigrants to be saying we let too many immigrants in but that's what they were saying. One family even returned to Poland, maybe the Poles are racist?
Accusing leavers of being uneducated, ignorant and uninformed wasn't taking the moral high ground, it was showing the arrogance of those who think they know better and didn't even bother trying to give good reasons to stay, they assumed scare tactics would be good enough and their Petard was duly hoisted.

Thing is though, there are no leave biased experts out there who discuss in any detailed terms on what the desired outcomes are and how these will take place. Something else almost unique to our times (probably the Internets fault here) that even though is that Jason has explained his case here in largely from a balanced and factual standpoint, it will be dismissed out of hand as biased without addressing any of the points, because you don't like/understand it.

If the UK were to cherry pick what it wants from the EU, the EU will have to allow the likes of Canada and Japan and 50 other countries as well. Is that even discussed by leavers?

"IF the EU decided that it was going to allow the United Kingdom to split these freedoms by permitting cherry picking for goods but not services then they would have to make these same allowances for 50 plus other countries too... WTO RULES state that you cannot provide a better deal for one nation that you do for others. In order for the EU to accept the Chequers Accord they'd be in breach of their own international Treaties. I suggest that this is a highly unlikely scenario as they'd likely have to start re-negotiating the Canada-EU deal and the Japan-EU deal amongst others."

"With 6 weeks of negotiations left before the conclusion of the Article 50 talks, the only proposal from the UK Government is to ask the EU to break it's international Treaties and Agreements or we leave on the absolute worst possible terms for the UK."
The Countdown begins. on 09:42 - Sep 3 with 3126 viewsBatterseajack

Does any one Boris Johnson's plan for Brexit that would be better than Theresa May's?
The Countdown begins. on 09:59 - Sep 3 with 3114 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 09:41 - Sep 3 by Batterseajack

Thing is though, there are no leave biased experts out there who discuss in any detailed terms on what the desired outcomes are and how these will take place. Something else almost unique to our times (probably the Internets fault here) that even though is that Jason has explained his case here in largely from a balanced and factual standpoint, it will be dismissed out of hand as biased without addressing any of the points, because you don't like/understand it.

If the UK were to cherry pick what it wants from the EU, the EU will have to allow the likes of Canada and Japan and 50 other countries as well. Is that even discussed by leavers?

"IF the EU decided that it was going to allow the United Kingdom to split these freedoms by permitting cherry picking for goods but not services then they would have to make these same allowances for 50 plus other countries too... WTO RULES state that you cannot provide a better deal for one nation that you do for others. In order for the EU to accept the Chequers Accord they'd be in breach of their own international Treaties. I suggest that this is a highly unlikely scenario as they'd likely have to start re-negotiating the Canada-EU deal and the Japan-EU deal amongst others."

"With 6 weeks of negotiations left before the conclusion of the Article 50 talks, the only proposal from the UK Government is to ask the EU to break it's international Treaties and Agreements or we leave on the absolute worst possible terms for the UK."

About those WTO rules, if that's the case why is the EU refusing to allow us the same conditions other countries have? The EU has different deals with different countries but isn't that against the rules?
The truth is free trade agreements should be worldwide, all tariffs and agreemenst between blocks do is support corporate greed. The CETA agreement has been denigrated as a boon for corporations and multinationals but harmful to individual citizens. EU business in Africa is derided as causing more hardship and poverty.
If we want to improve the world and make changes that really are for the better we need to get past protectionist blocs and open up the world to free trade, let the goods do their own talking.
Part of the reason so many Africans head for Europe is they think it's a land of milk and honey and it's European policy that's helping make large parts of Africa worse.
http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/how-the-eu-starves-africa/

The Countdown begins. on 10:15 - Sep 3 with 3111 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 09:59 - Sep 3 by Catullus

About those WTO rules, if that's the case why is the EU refusing to allow us the same conditions other countries have? The EU has different deals with different countries but isn't that against the rules?
The truth is free trade agreements should be worldwide, all tariffs and agreemenst between blocks do is support corporate greed. The CETA agreement has been denigrated as a boon for corporations and multinationals but harmful to individual citizens. EU business in Africa is derided as causing more hardship and poverty.
If we want to improve the world and make changes that really are for the better we need to get past protectionist blocs and open up the world to free trade, let the goods do their own talking.
Part of the reason so many Africans head for Europe is they think it's a land of milk and honey and it's European policy that's helping make large parts of Africa worse.
http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/how-the-eu-starves-africa/

We can ask for the same deal as Canada, but it would require a border on Northern Ireland which would be unacceptable. TM also wants to go for the chequers plan which would allow us more market access.

No country would go 0% tariffs on all goods because its madness, so pointless discussing it. Every country protects its own industries, that is just fact. You only drop to low tariffs on stuff you don't produce.
The Countdown begins. on 16:06 - Sep 3 with 3055 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 10:15 - Sep 3 by Batterseajack

We can ask for the same deal as Canada, but it would require a border on Northern Ireland which would be unacceptable. TM also wants to go for the chequers plan which would allow us more market access.

No country would go 0% tariffs on all goods because its madness, so pointless discussing it. Every country protects its own industries, that is just fact. You only drop to low tariffs on stuff you don't produce.

How can capitalism be a success when we have so much protectionism? Tariff free is only madness to the elites because they couldn't control prices and supply.
Isn't capitalism about the best product making the best return yet we charge extra for other countries products to protect our workers, then everyone complains about the high prices to buy the better product.
Protectionism only succeeds in making the rich richer. If there were genuine competition then maybe prices would come down.

The Countdown begins. on 17:05 - Sep 3 with 3042 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 16:06 - Sep 3 by Catullus

How can capitalism be a success when we have so much protectionism? Tariff free is only madness to the elites because they couldn't control prices and supply.
Isn't capitalism about the best product making the best return yet we charge extra for other countries products to protect our workers, then everyone complains about the high prices to buy the better product.
Protectionism only succeeds in making the rich richer. If there were genuine competition then maybe prices would come down.

Oh right then Catullus, if we were to lift our tariffs on Chinese Steel, what do you think that would mean to your typical worker at Port Talbot?

Maybe we should slash our tariffs on Beef. But then what would that mean for your average farmer?

Protectionism is there to protect jobs. Take away protectionism and money flows out of the UK/EU economy.
The Countdown begins. on 17:30 - Sep 3 with 3037 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 17:05 - Sep 3 by Batterseajack

Oh right then Catullus, if we were to lift our tariffs on Chinese Steel, what do you think that would mean to your typical worker at Port Talbot?

Maybe we should slash our tariffs on Beef. But then what would that mean for your average farmer?

Protectionism is there to protect jobs. Take away protectionism and money flows out of the UK/EU economy.

Oh steel.....correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the UK government veto an EU attempt to stop China dumping cheap steel in Europe? Hasn't Port Talbot faced cut after cut, changes to their pensions and then more cuts?
If the UK government isn't helping British workers, doesn't it validate my post about self serving politicians?
As for the average British farmer, aren't we already seeing (and been seeing it for a long time) cheaper food on our shelves from abroad? Welsh Lamb only became cheaper than NZ Lamb last year for the first time in 6 years.
You want to protect British jobs yet thousands of manufacturing jobs have been lost as companies relocate to Europe (with EU grants to help) for the lower wage economy. These people aren't protecting jobs, just theio own incomes.
It's all about the uber rich and powerful looking after themselves.

The Countdown begins. on 17:53 - Sep 3 with 3023 viewsShaky

The Countdown begins. on 16:06 - Sep 3 by Catullus

You have fundamentally misunderstood the way world trade works.

The world is broadly split into trading blocks like the EU single market.

This features what is known as regulatory alignment. That means a level playing field for all companies within the block, with the practical implications being that you have the same regulations for all as regards environmental protection, workers rights and benefits, etc.

As such no competitive actor is allowed to offer a pricing advantage by cutting corners.

The same is not true of companies in China or say Vietnam. They are allowed to pollute and treat their employees like shit, and so tariffs are imposed on their goods to account for this and allow EU companies to compete.

The alternative is to scrap the tariffs but then you would also have to scrap workers' and environmental protection we have fought hard to earn in the West, and that that is not the direction of travel we should be hoping for as a society.

For some this is the goal, however, and by their words you shall know them.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The Countdown begins. on 18:01 - Sep 3 with 3017 viewslonglostjack

The Countdown begins. on 17:30 - Sep 3 by Catullus

Oh steel.....correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the UK government veto an EU attempt to stop China dumping cheap steel in Europe? Hasn't Port Talbot faced cut after cut, changes to their pensions and then more cuts?
If the UK government isn't helping British workers, doesn't it validate my post about self serving politicians?
As for the average British farmer, aren't we already seeing (and been seeing it for a long time) cheaper food on our shelves from abroad? Welsh Lamb only became cheaper than NZ Lamb last year for the first time in 6 years.
You want to protect British jobs yet thousands of manufacturing jobs have been lost as companies relocate to Europe (with EU grants to help) for the lower wage economy. These people aren't protecting jobs, just theio own incomes.
It's all about the uber rich and powerful looking after themselves.

Quite right. It was the UK that blocked the raising of tariffs on Chinese steel which proves the point that the EU is a club and Germany doesn’t always get what it wants. The Ueber rich will have a field day if the likes of Rees-Mogg, buffoon Boris and Viscount Rothermere get their way and “take back control”. A pity Corbyn is too stuck in seventies student politics to realise it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024