Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2343083 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Countdown begins. on 18:16 - Sep 3 with 3214 viewsLeonWasGod

The Countdown begins. on 20:20 - Aug 31 by Catullus

All the Per Capita figures show is how much money the 1% have made. The rest of us aren't so much better off, relatively speaking. The rich have a greater share of world wealth than ever before and for those who hadn't spotted it, the EU is a big friend to corporate greed. Why do you think the EU is against nationalised industry, to make a level playing field or to allow the rich to gobble up all the lucrative business and keep it for themselves? Since privatisations started, how many people have noticed competition driving prices down? Again, people are busy blaming the tories, the big bad blues bunch, but they were just guilty of doing what the UK has always done, following every directive, obeying every rule when other country's have cherry picked until recently. Then try notiicing how many of our utilities are owned by foreign companies and charging us more for the same product. Even holidays, book a holiday from a UK IP address and then the same holiday from a German IP and the German booking will be cheaper.

Eh? You’re saying that privatisation and the market economy is all driven by the EU and the Tories just happened to go along with it? That’s an ‘interesting’ take on things!
The Countdown begins. on 08:47 - Sep 4 with 3145 viewspikeypaul

206 AFLI

SIUYRL

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

The Countdown begins. on 13:57 - Sep 4 with 3113 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 18:16 - Sep 3 by LeonWasGod

Eh? You’re saying that privatisation and the market economy is all driven by the EU and the Tories just happened to go along with it? That’s an ‘interesting’ take on things!

No, the free markey economy was around before the EU. I'm saying EU rules don't allow for nationalised industries or state aid for private business and the British governments/civil servants followed the rules stringently or in some cases (where there was money to be made) enthusiastically.
I said British because obviously Tony Blairs government was part of the privatisation drive and todays Labour supporters don't consider Blair was Labour!
As I've said, look at the privatised sectors, Gas, Water, Electricity, Royal Mail and has it made anything cheaper? We were told it would. Then ask who's making all the money because the UK lost a fortune in income which now goes to private shareholders of whom a tiny percentage own the vast majority of shares.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Countdown begins. on 14:55 - Sep 4 with 3104 viewsLeonWasGod

The Countdown begins. on 13:57 - Sep 4 by Catullus

No, the free markey economy was around before the EU. I'm saying EU rules don't allow for nationalised industries or state aid for private business and the British governments/civil servants followed the rules stringently or in some cases (where there was money to be made) enthusiastically.
I said British because obviously Tony Blairs government was part of the privatisation drive and todays Labour supporters don't consider Blair was Labour!
As I've said, look at the privatised sectors, Gas, Water, Electricity, Royal Mail and has it made anything cheaper? We were told it would. Then ask who's making all the money because the UK lost a fortune in income which now goes to private shareholders of whom a tiny percentage own the vast majority of shares.

I certainly agree with that bit about privatisation not making anything cheaper. If the driving force is always to pay shareholders there's no interest in giving consumers a better deal than you absolutely have to. And not only is the income going to a minority - it's often going to overseas investors.

The other bugbear is that competition doesn't automatically make stuff cheaper or more convenient either. Take Sky sports. You used to be able to get all the footie in one place for one fee. Now you need Sky, BT and whatever else to watch all matches. And the fees for each provider don't come down.

State aid is a pain, but I don't think it's stops public ownership of companies does it?. Other EU countries have some nationalised services or the state as part-owners of some businesses. (Whether we could re-nationalise companies under EU law I've no idea).
The Countdown begins. on 08:21 - Sep 5 with 3042 viewspikeypaul

205 AFLI

SIUYRL

The Countdown begins. on 09:16 - Sep 5 with 3035 viewsWarwickHunt

😂

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/04/dominic-raab-reduced-to-the-low
The Countdown begins. on 09:47 - Sep 5 with 3023 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 09:16 - Sep 5 by WarwickHunt

😂

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/04/dominic-raab-reduced-to-the-low

Yeah it's funny, possibly closer to the truth than I'd like but it's the Guardian which is to the left what the Daily Mail is to the right.
We are much closer to a no deal than anything else because the EU aren't shifting on their red lines and we haven't got much else in the way of red lines to cross!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Countdown begins. on 10:03 - Sep 5 with 3018 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 14:55 - Sep 4 by LeonWasGod

I certainly agree with that bit about privatisation not making anything cheaper. If the driving force is always to pay shareholders there's no interest in giving consumers a better deal than you absolutely have to. And not only is the income going to a minority - it's often going to overseas investors.

The other bugbear is that competition doesn't automatically make stuff cheaper or more convenient either. Take Sky sports. You used to be able to get all the footie in one place for one fee. Now you need Sky, BT and whatever else to watch all matches. And the fees for each provider don't come down.

State aid is a pain, but I don't think it's stops public ownership of companies does it?. Other EU countries have some nationalised services or the state as part-owners of some businesses. (Whether we could re-nationalise companies under EU law I've no idea).

http://theconversation.com/fact-check-do-new-eu-rules-make-it-impossible-to-rena

EU law doesn't directly say you have to privatise, or rule out renationalising but is set up for liberalisation of the markets to "encourage competition" and like I said, the UK has gone down this road willingly whereas other EU states have not. Our own governments have screwed us over on this.
Royal Mail used to return hundreds of millions of profit, Tony Blairs government took over a billion from Rpyal Mail in 3 years. The end result was no investment in infrastructure and RM being plunged into disaster. Brown raided the pension fund too. Net result, the government now runs the pension scheme though they are farming it out to Capita soon, but it is still the government who pays! Private shareholders are making money instead of the country now and the price of stamps has rocketed from 28p for a first class in 2008 to 65p now and a second class is 56p.
My tv bill is massively more than it was because, like you say we need to pay more than one provider for the full coverage we used to get for the license fee.
I can't blame the EU entirely for it, it was our own politicians and civil servants who screwed us the most but without EU membership, would it still have happened? Would the public have stood for such blatant profiteering. The EU was/is an easy scapegoat for the elites though in the end saying it was the EU rules has ended up with the referendum result none of them wanted. It's why Blair would never give us a referendum.

Login to get fewer ads

The Countdown begins. on 12:23 - Sep 5 with 2987 viewsShaky

The Countdown begins. on 10:03 - Sep 5 by Catullus

http://theconversation.com/fact-check-do-new-eu-rules-make-it-impossible-to-rena

EU law doesn't directly say you have to privatise, or rule out renationalising but is set up for liberalisation of the markets to "encourage competition" and like I said, the UK has gone down this road willingly whereas other EU states have not. Our own governments have screwed us over on this.
Royal Mail used to return hundreds of millions of profit, Tony Blairs government took over a billion from Rpyal Mail in 3 years. The end result was no investment in infrastructure and RM being plunged into disaster. Brown raided the pension fund too. Net result, the government now runs the pension scheme though they are farming it out to Capita soon, but it is still the government who pays! Private shareholders are making money instead of the country now and the price of stamps has rocketed from 28p for a first class in 2008 to 65p now and a second class is 56p.
My tv bill is massively more than it was because, like you say we need to pay more than one provider for the full coverage we used to get for the license fee.
I can't blame the EU entirely for it, it was our own politicians and civil servants who screwed us the most but without EU membership, would it still have happened? Would the public have stood for such blatant profiteering. The EU was/is an easy scapegoat for the elites though in the end saying it was the EU rules has ended up with the referendum result none of them wanted. It's why Blair would never give us a referendum.

Postal services all over the world are in crisis because nobody is sending post anymore.

People are using email and packages are being sent by Amazon's own network. Who could have known?

Regardless it must be all the EU's fault

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Countdown begins. on 12:33 - Sep 5 with 2984 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Hurtling to a no deal

Facking useless bunch of c@nts

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Countdown begins. on 13:36 - Sep 5 with 2967 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 12:23 - Sep 5 by Shaky

Postal services all over the world are in crisis because nobody is sending post anymore.

People are using email and packages are being sent by Amazon's own network. Who could have known?

I really tried, but I've given up trying to understand and follow Catallus' logic and arguments.
The Countdown begins. on 13:42 - Sep 5 with 2965 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 12:33 - Sep 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

Hurtling to a no deal

Facking useless bunch of c@nts

Merv King coming out today blaming the Government for trying to implement something he thought and argued was a good idea. Trouble is Merv, your land of milk and honey Brexit relied on a miscalculated belief that the EU would jeopardise its own future in allowing the UK to have special dispensation on its 4 freedoms. When will the likes of him put their hands up and acknowledge that their version of Brexit was undeliverable.

Options are;
No Deal
Canada type arrangement
Norway type arrangaement

Cake and eat it Brexit was never on the table.
The Countdown begins. on 14:13 - Sep 5 with 2946 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 13:42 - Sep 5 by Batterseajack

Merv King coming out today blaming the Government for trying to implement something he thought and argued was a good idea. Trouble is Merv, your land of milk and honey Brexit relied on a miscalculated belief that the EU would jeopardise its own future in allowing the UK to have special dispensation on its 4 freedoms. When will the likes of him put their hands up and acknowledge that their version of Brexit was undeliverable.

Options are;
No Deal
Canada type arrangement
Norway type arrangaement

Cake and eat it Brexit was never on the table.

Which is why we should have left two years ago. These ‘negotiations’ are and always have been a complete and utter waste of time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 14:14 - Sep 5 with 2946 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 12:23 - Sep 5 by Shaky

Ah but letter services are in meltdown. Royal mail still carries millions of letters but has set up to carry millions more parcels. The parcels business is huge because of online sales. Then there's so called direct mail (door 2 door leaflets) or marketing/junk mail which Royal Mail delivers every day now. I get a leaflet of some type every day, sometimes 2/3.
Last years pre tax profits were £335 million, up 25% on a parcels rise of 3% while letters fell by 6%
Royal Mail income last year was 9.8 billion. Is that in your end of the spectrum?

The Countdown begins. on 14:21 - Sep 5 with 2939 viewsShaky

The Countdown begins. on 14:14 - Sep 5 by Catullus

Ah but letter services are in meltdown. Royal mail still carries millions of letters but has set up to carry millions more parcels. The parcels business is huge because of online sales. Then there's so called direct mail (door 2 door leaflets) or marketing/junk mail which Royal Mail delivers every day now. I get a leaflet of some type every day, sometimes 2/3.
Last years pre tax profits were £335 million, up 25% on a parcels rise of 3% while letters fell by 6%
Royal Mail income last year was 9.8 billion. Is that in your end of the spectrum?

You misunderstood my post. My speciality is corporate finance like arranging share sales, and that sort of thing. Not arranging overdrafts at the local branch of Barclays.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Countdown begins. on 14:27 - Sep 5 with 2933 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 14:13 - Sep 5 by Highjack

Which is why we should have left two years ago. These ‘negotiations’ are and always have been a complete and utter waste of time.

Like just left on a no deal straight after the ref? That would be economic and political suicide and not a sensible option.
The Countdown begins. on 14:31 - Sep 5 with 2930 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 13:36 - Sep 5 by Batterseajack

I really tried, but I've given up trying to understand and follow Catallus' logic and arguments.

It's really not that difficult......privatisations were sold as a way of bringing competition and lower prices but prices have shot up in excess of inflation.
British governments have slavishly obeyed EU diktats when other EU states have cherry picked what they follow.
Profits that were income to the UK treasury are now share dividends for the very rich few who own most of the shares.
Royal Mail was trashed and sold by Blair and now large chunks of change go in dividends to the rich rather than to the treasury.......
Which of that is hard to follow? You could try making an argument against it.

The Countdown begins. on 14:38 - Sep 5 with 2922 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 14:31 - Sep 5 by Catullus

It's really not that difficult......privatisations were sold as a way of bringing competition and lower prices but prices have shot up in excess of inflation.
British governments have slavishly obeyed EU diktats when other EU states have cherry picked what they follow.
Profits that were income to the UK treasury are now share dividends for the very rich few who own most of the shares.
Royal Mail was trashed and sold by Blair and now large chunks of change go in dividends to the rich rather than to the treasury.......
Which of that is hard to follow? You could try making an argument against it.

Sorry, not going to argue with any of that. I think i wrongly presumed you were using this as an argument for us needing to leave the EU.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 14:38]
The Countdown begins. on 15:01 - Sep 5 with 2902 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 14:27 - Sep 5 by Batterseajack

Like just left on a no deal straight after the ref? That would be economic and political suicide and not a sensible option.

The EU were never going to give us a good deal. Why should they? A good deal for us would mean every other country clamouring to leave. Both sides unwilling to compromise on various principles which is their right. Negotiations are pointless without compromise.

Therefore from the very start there’s only been two possible outcomes. No deal brexit or a complete overturn of the referendum result or a brexit in name only which is May’s preferred option via the chequers agreement.

This negotiation period has just been designed for them to drag it out as long as possible and make it seem as difficult as possible and fire as many terrifying scare stories at them as possible in attempt to influence the electorate into changing their minds and accept to remain so when the government eventually goes beep beep beep into reverse mode they can get away with it and the direction of travel will be the same.

They’re all in it together. I still don’t think we’ll ever be allowed to leave.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Countdown begins. on 15:30 - Sep 5 with 2888 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 15:01 - Sep 5 by Highjack

The EU were never going to give us a good deal. Why should they? A good deal for us would mean every other country clamouring to leave. Both sides unwilling to compromise on various principles which is their right. Negotiations are pointless without compromise.

Therefore from the very start there’s only been two possible outcomes. No deal brexit or a complete overturn of the referendum result or a brexit in name only which is May’s preferred option via the chequers agreement.

This negotiation period has just been designed for them to drag it out as long as possible and make it seem as difficult as possible and fire as many terrifying scare stories at them as possible in attempt to influence the electorate into changing their minds and accept to remain so when the government eventually goes beep beep beep into reverse mode they can get away with it and the direction of travel will be the same.

They’re all in it together. I still don’t think we’ll ever be allowed to leave.

Of course we'd be allowed to leave, but we'll have to give up our membership perks on the way out.

But team leave didn't campaign for a no deal Brexit, they would never have won had they done.

If i recall correctly;
+ we held all the cards
+ German car manufacturers would beg the EU to give us a deal
+ There wouldn't be a border in the island of Ireland
+ It would be the easiest deal in history
+ Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market
The Countdown begins. on 15:48 - Sep 5 with 2880 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 15:30 - Sep 5 by Batterseajack

Of course we'd be allowed to leave, but we'll have to give up our membership perks on the way out.

But team leave didn't campaign for a no deal Brexit, they would never have won had they done.

If i recall correctly;
+ we held all the cards
+ German car manufacturers would beg the EU to give us a deal
+ There wouldn't be a border in the island of Ireland
+ It would be the easiest deal in history
+ Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market

We won’t be allowed to leave. I’m predicting it now. Brexit won’t happen.

If there’s one thing that’s become blatantly obvious over the past decade or maybe longer is it doesn’t matter which way we vote it doesn’t matter who’s in charge, the primary role of government is to do whatever the markets (praise be into them) want us to do.

Remember: “The markets will teach the people to vote the right way.” The mask has slipped. Change is impossible. Democracy is dead. We are living in a dictatorship.

The Countdown begins. on 16:02 - Sep 5 with 2867 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 15:48 - Sep 5 by Highjack

We won’t be allowed to leave. I’m predicting it now. Brexit won’t happen.

If there’s one thing that’s become blatantly obvious over the past decade or maybe longer is it doesn’t matter which way we vote it doesn’t matter who’s in charge, the primary role of government is to do whatever the markets (praise be into them) want us to do.

Remember: “The markets will teach the people to vote the right way.” The mask has slipped. Change is impossible. Democracy is dead. We are living in a dictatorship.

Well i don't think the majority of the voting public voted with the intention of us being poorer.
The Countdown begins. on 16:09 - Sep 5 with 2862 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 16:02 - Sep 5 by Batterseajack

Well i don't think the majority of the voting public voted with the intention of us being poorer.

No they voted to leave the European Union which angered the markets and now we must repent and appease the markets (praise be upon them) or the markets will strike us down in their divine righteous anger. They will bring plague and pestilence upon us. Strike us down with illness and poverty. Maybe a flood or a swarm of locusts who knows?

It’s the only way. We must change our minds. Markets are our God now.

The Countdown begins. on 18:13 - Sep 5 with 2829 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 16:02 - Sep 5 by Batterseajack

That is an oft trotted out line from remainers. They say we didn't vote to be poorer, we didn't vote for hard brexit.......we voted to leave whatever that meant.
It's not for a remainer to decide why someone voted leave or why they would change their mind, that decision can only be made by another vote or do remainers think they know what 17.6 million other people are thinking?

The Countdown begins. on 18:21 - Sep 5 with 2821 viewslonglostjack

The Countdown begins. on 16:09 - Sep 5 by Highjack

No they voted to leave the European Union which angered the markets and now we must repent and appease the markets (praise be upon them) or the markets will strike us down in their divine righteous anger. They will bring plague and pestilence upon us. Strike us down with illness and poverty. Maybe a flood or a swarm of locusts who knows?

It’s the only way. We must change our minds. Markets are our God now.

Merkel doesn’t normally think so. She was in Frankfurt talking to the bankers at a big do for the first time in three years last night. She was making a case for the transfer of Euro clearing market to Frankfurt from London after Brexit. Worth billions apparently. Still the car industry and high tech companies receive much more attention normally. It’s the UK that’s a one trick pony.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 18:22]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024